What's new

Is there a better term than 'Ryona Rape'?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I've been trying to think of a term for the fetish of true rape, to separate those games from the growing trend of soft rape ("oh my first time is with a tentacle monster, why does it feel so good fufufu").

This is where the victim clearly doesn't want sexy fun times, and shows it with anger/screaming/struggling/crying etc. (edit: body betrayal can be included but the victim would see it as a negative thing)

Ryona Rape does fit the bill, and ryona games usually do feature it, but Ryona is mainly a fetish around physical abuse of women so its its own thing.

Any suggestions of better names?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Is there a better term than 'Ryona Rape'?

Riaru Rape?

Shit, we could think for days about that... In the end it all comes down to one thing: Either it catches up as default term or is only used in small group that came up with it.

Also:
Jissei Rape?
Shinno Rape?

Tlazol

Demon Girl
Reputation score

According to google the word 'Real' in Japanese is リアル or 'Riaru' and since you say 'anger/screaming/struggling/crying etc.'

+1 to Yoshiiki on Riaru Rape.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Hm, that works, although I was hoping to avoid using weebology whilst still obscure English enough to not put the site on the FBI watch list.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
See, just the very mention of Real Rape and the feds take the site down.

Okay, not what actually happened, but you have to admit the timing was comical.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score
MMA rape, there's no escape? Bumpy ride? Crazy rodeo?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, rape's rape. Creating a new word for something that already exist seem weird...
Maybe we should think about it the other way and search a term for this fake rape that appear everywhere now ?

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, rape's rape. Creating a new word for something that already exist seem weird...
Maybe we should think about it the other way and search a term for this fake rape that appear everywhere now ?
That would make sense... if I was the puppet master and could make everyone dance to my whim.
Not going to happen though.

I think it'll be much easier to get people who want the proper stuff to use a clarifier than it would be get people to stop using rape to refer to surprise sex.
Just look at how many people still use Combat Rape to refer to Battlefuck.

Reputation score
Why not just abbreviate it to "riaru"? That's pretty obscure, but gets the point across. Maybe the term will become standard for distinguishing between the two? Just think, we could be trendsetters! Awful, awful trendsetters.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, Riaru will do

Or how about Gōkan?
It is the Japanese word for violation in the sexual sense.

Or Ryōjoku, which looks to be the word dlsite uses as its tag for violation/rape ( )

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Getting inspired by japanese is fine. But if you want a term to catch the mass eye, you'll have to make it easy to remember / use / write...
Not sure "Ryōjoku" would do the trick then.

OP
MrMe

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Not any more complicated than Ryona/Guro/Hentai.

Hell, NTR gets used a lot at the moment and I still have no idea wtf it even is.