What's new

Lightning Warrior Raidy 2-Discussion/Tricks and Tips

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Lightning Warrior Raidy 2-Discussion/Tricks and Tips

Bweeheehee... so, since I received my disk on Tuesday, spent a bunch of time Tuesday and Wednesday playing it, and finished the main game late Wednesday... my thoughts:

It's Raidy. It's definitely a sequel, building on the strengths of its predecessor and trying to avoid the weaknesses. You will be grinding early on, but fortunately the grindfest is no longer "every bloody floor", and mid-to-late game you'll get your grinding in while you're exploring the floors. Switching from item drops to gold collection means you'll be grinding MUCH less for supplies. The change in the Thunder Slash mechanism (you spend turns and MP charging it up, and then choose when to fire it off) makes it much more strategic. The artwork is a hair better than in Raidy 1, and the monsters are more varied too. You can back out and resupply at any time, and the number of floors in each "dungeon" has been shortened, too (it's about 4 per). There's also more than a few "friendly" sex encounters as well.

That said, I am a bit disappointed by some things. First and foremost is JAST's translation work. I can't speak for its accuracy, but somebody should have proofread the script - there's probably a typo in every tenth unique textbox. Spell effects are not named very imaginatively - probably a third of the monsters use "Curse", irregardless of what it does, and another third use "Bless", whether it looks like a fireball or a wall of flames. Virtually all the boss sex encounters involve BDSM to various degrees, and the rooms become "empty" much too quickly (Raidy always leaves her victim tied up... but nothing happens when you enter the room afterwards). There's three tentacle scenes in the entire game - and I think two of 'em can be skipped.

So... am I looking for a refund? Hell, no. The biggest draw of hentai games has always been the art, and Zyx (in my book) scores BIG with Raidy. The worst part of playing the game (the grindfest dungeon-crawling) has been properly balanced.

FYI, the attached map is of the "dungeon" floor that I found most annoying, after you remove the effect that makes it annoying. It's 7F (you won't get there until after the halfway mark), and I did it up so I could see where I was walking, then I decided to share.

Attachments

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Quick necro-update -
Lightning Warrior Raidy II is now available in English. I just got the e-mail from Play-Asia saying it is so. =P
Of course, not only does the English mean we can understand what's happening, but it also means it'll be uncensored

Twisted

Reputation score

Hmm
Different company, it seems.
I was keeping tabs on G-Collections' translation
Edit - That one seems to just be a text translation. Is it uncensored as well?
ie - the installation windows apparently are still in japanese, with the japanese locale error.

Last edited:

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I honestly don't remember. I had to uninstall it to make room for other stuff on my hard drive. I think it was.

Also, I'm pretty sure I got it from Jast-USA... and I thought they were just G-collections' retailer. Are they separate developing companies?

Twisted

Reputation score

I have no clue now. I just got the email this morning from Play-Asia saying G-Collections' Raidy II was now in-stock, and the G-Collections games I played before didn't have japanese installation windows nor did they have locale errors.

Wiki says it was released June 30th though
Hm.

Blehh. I just woke up, no time for thinking

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

It just said it was "in stock"...? Maybe it meant that they were sold out for some time... since pre-orders were going on for like three years... and they now have it for ordinary sale.

Twisted

Reputation score

It just said it was "in stock"...? Maybe it meant that they were sold out for some time... since pre-orders were going on for like three years... and they now have it for ordinary sale.
I subscribed to updates on the product after like a month of it being on pre-order, back, at a max late of June. I know it was before July. I had looked it up after beating Raidy 1, and getting as far as I could on Raidy 2 Jap, and then sub'd to be updated on it

Either that, or Play-Asia was just stupidly slow on getting copies.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

am i the only one who thinks the translaters gave up at the start of the temple? so many typos its not even funny...

PuyoPuyoPuyo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi guys... did someone experience a problem with Windows 7? The game is UNABLE to save and crash?

Virile

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have no problems with my game crashing on my windows 7.

I have had other visual novel games crash but not raidy.