What's new

RPG RPG Maker Vore Loli Shota [Toro Toro Resistance] もんむす・くえすと! ぱらどっくすRPG中章 / Monster Girl Quest: Paradox (RJ201109)

Reputation score
This mess was made in fucking VX Ace right?
I think Torotoro may be underestimating the scale of the game. That engine is decent, but it's 32bit. If the savedata gets too big the game is likely to crash.
MV's better but not by much on this front.
Another reason I wish Torotoro Resistance had been less ambitious. The original plan with ~500 monster girls in total was already very ambitious.

They're expecting people to play through this game multiple times?
Yeah... I'm a fan and even I think that's ridiculous. The game's way too massive for that, unless NG+ exists I guess? Nah... game's too huge to plan for that.

At least it seems the plot's going to be moving somewhere. I'm excited for that at least.
I remember from earlier info that it will be possible to start a NG+ from within Part 3 (from the Great Decision, I think).

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
H-devs always have this issue, every game they make they treat like their Sistine chapel, now to be fair the MGQ series is a legitimate masterpiece, but sometimes a simple formula is best, that way development doesn't take 5 years. Now im a firm believer that expansive systems with eroticism baked in make the best H-games but i'd settle for much less if it meant more consistent releases.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I remember from earlier info that it will be possible to start a NG+ from within Part 3 (from the Great Decision, I think).
cant we already start ng+ with reaper? if that's not ng+ then what is it? since starting the story over and you keep your level and items is kinda what ng+ do.

Civilincubus

Reputation score
H-devs always have this issue, every game they make they treat like their Sistine chapel, now to be fair the MGQ series is a legitimate masterpiece, but sometimes a simple formula is best, that way development doesn't take 5 years. Now im a firm believer that expansive systems with eroticism baked in make the best H-games but i'd settle for much less if it meant more consistent releases.
Well Torotoro did upend the genre with the original MGQ trio. That kinda feeds the artist soul that is above criticism and well, after that much success it's damn hard to do it again and top oneself without going Duke Nukem Forever on quality, animations, quantity, or gameplay. That said, I think the game will come out, it's just most fans of the original by then will have too low of testosterone to really enjoy it like they did the former...

Reputation score
cant we already start ng+ with reaper? if that's not ng+ then what is it? since starting the story over and you keep your level and items is kinda what ng+ do.
That is NG+, of course. But I remember it being mentioned that you'll also be able to start NG+ from an early point in Part 3.

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
New post on the Ci-en!

Part 3 really is more than twice as big as both part 1 and 2 combined.
Test players have tallied 5-10h for the prologue, and then 30-50h for each of the 2 routes!

Total number of monsters have reached around 950. For reference, part 1 and 2 had around 400 combined!

They only have bugfixes, tweaking and testplays left before the game can be released!

Civilincubus

Reputation score
ive been waiting for this for a very long time I really want to see this game soonView attachment 48242
Not trying to be a debby downer, just reigning-in excitement so it doesn't turn to disappointment followed by rage.

If I did the maths right and they worked 8hrs a day, 5x a week, with a team of 3 bug squashers for 5,000-8000 bugs, resolved in 1 min to 1 hour bugs, that would take 1+ week to 66 weeks. That does not include balance adjustments, 'other things', sick time/breaks, low productivity periods, or solutions that create new bugs. Given there was no stated release date and the potential for gargantuan balancing adjustments in the Labyrinth since this is an H-game with complex RPG-combat mechanics I think we need to be ready for it to be another another year with some bugs remaining.

LeotaShura

Reputation score
Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog. Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Almost forgot that this game even existed after all these years, what a bloated and outdated farce this has turned into, and the fact that they still haven't named a release date makes me believe that we will not see this game released this year, likely not even next year. To think that they could have produced half a dozen shorter but much better and more innovative games in the time it took them to get one rpg maker game with a big gallery and a clusterfuck of a story is quite saddening.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hate to say it but i feel the same way, at least about the outdated gameplay. These days the best H-games integrate the eroticism with the gameplay, games that rely too heavily on the traditional rpg gameplay elements like the standard battle system aren't good enough. I wouldn't say that gameplay has ever been this dev's strong suit going back to the original MGQ. That said however it truly is the biggest and most epic game in the genre.

Theres a reason that Estra's Labyrinth is the most anticipated femdom game and its not because of story or graphics, its gameplay.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Hate to say it but i feel the same way, at least about the outdated gameplay. These days the best H-games integrate the eroticism with the gameplay, games that rely too heavily on the traditional rpg gameplay elements like the standard battle system aren't good enough. I wouldn't say that gameplay has ever been this dev's strong suit going back to the original MGQ. That said however it truly is the biggest and most epic game in the genre.

Theres a reason that Estra's Labyrinth is the most anticipated femdom game and its not because of story or graphics, its gameplay.
Wasn't Labyrinth of Estra abandoned though? Asimofu didn't seem to put out any more updates in quite a while...

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Lots of projects go quiet for extended periods of time, the dev hasn't exactly proven to be a work horse, i also think that the dev got really upset when people tried to mod his trial and as a result of that has mostly made progress on the game private. Even if we never see Estra's Lab, its the perfect example of a game that has perfectly integrated eroticism and gameplay and it should serve as an example for other H-devs going forward.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Almost forgot that this game even existed after all these years, what a bloated and outdated farce this has turned into, and the fact that they still haven't named a release date makes me believe that we will not see this game released this year, likely not even next year. To think that they could have produced half a dozen shorter but much better and more innovative games in the time it took them to get one rpg maker game with a big gallery and a clusterfuck of a story is quite saddening.

I used to talk about this. I mean let's put it into this perspective. MGQ Part 1 came out in 2011. MGQ Paradox Part 2 came out in 2017. That's 6 years. It's taking more time to develop Paradox Part 3 than the entire series has existed. We've seen an entire Spiderman Trilogy release between 2017 - 2021. For a game which, while it probably will be good, will have outdated gameplay. Not even just the gameplay, but H-Scenes too. We've seen other games in the genre take great strides in animated H-Scenes like Shrift, Succubus Prison, Succubus Academia, etc etc.

They could've made Part 3 the same length as Part 2, and fans would've been happy with that. Fighting the Archangels, Ancestors, Heavenly Knights, and other high levels monsters all in one playthrough would've been great, and they could've got it out in 2019/2020. And by now who knows, maybe by now we'd be seeing Monster Girl Quest 2 or whatever new project they could've made. Instead here we are, in 2023, and no release window in sight. It's actually looking like development will go into 2024. I don't care what anyone says, to go from 2 year development, to 2 year development, to 7 year development for a Trilogy is an absolute failure in project management. There's no way even TrTr thought development will go on this long, and if they did know from the beginning, I feel like they would've scaled back the size.

I mean 6-7 years to release the third part to an old game. MGQ and Paradox are in the "Oh yeeeah....I remember that game" category for me at this point.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
This game (Paradox in it's entirety) is the dev's magnum opus and it will doubtlessly be considered legendary in it's genre, but as i said, the genre has moved the bar in the period that the game has been developed, i suppose i've become more fussy/spoiled but thats just how it goes. Ofcourse i still plan on purchasing and playing the hell out of this game, but i want the entire genre to innovate and make the games more immersive with their gameplay elements.

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's a passion project at this point. TrTr probably decided this will be the last game he makes featuring Luka & co, so he wants it to be perfect.
Anything he comes up with during development has probably been added because he can't save it for the next game.

Part 3 of the OG trilogy was criticized when it came out. So maybe he's feeling this one has to be perfect?

Either way, I don't agree with the "outdated gameplay" argument. It's fun having a billion options with all the classes and races. It makes the game replayable for me when trying different routes!

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Not sure I'd call it "outdated", I prefer "classic", since it does harken back to old traditional build-a-party RPGs.
Of which there are shockingly few in the modern day, to be honest...

Madflavor

Reputation score
Not sure I'd call it "outdated", I prefer "classic", since it does harken back to old traditional build-a-party RPGs.
Of which there are shockingly few in the modern day, to be honest...
I replayed some of Paradox earlier this year (thinking we'd be playing Part 3 soon), and the look and feel of the game does honestly feel outdated. To be fair I think due to the sheer amount of effort that's gone into the gameplay, it still feels high quality, but compared to other games of the genre I've played in the past few years, they just look way better. I don't think that's shocking either because it has been 6 years.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wasn't Labyrinth of Estra abandoned though? Asimofu didn't seem to put out any more updates in quite a while...
They tend to drop something golden then disappear for more than 6 months

It's honestly fine. I'd rather them keep the passion than grind out Patreon shillfests.

Honestly I'm glad about the new mob count-- but that makes me wonder two different things.
-Firstly, how the hell are you going to fit over 1200 MG's in that castle without it seeming like just quick ero-bait,
-And can you imagine how long that whole game is going to take to get translated?
Unless people on this forum pull some weird Infinity War level gettogether and somehow grind it out, I'd expect it would at least take 3-5 years to get a legible game, and even then it's probably going to be broken english like how the last chapters of Shrift wound up.

I stg if half of the mobs are made by the same psychopath who made the insect/plantvillage/EGG ANGEL I'm pirating this shit. Almost as cursed as Terraurge.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
They tend to drop something golden then disappear for more than 6 months

It's honestly fine. I'd rather them keep the passion than grind out Patreon shillfests.

Honestly I'm glad about the new mob count-- but that makes me wonder two different things.
-Firstly, how the hell are you going to fit over 1200 MG's in that castle without it seeming like just quick ero-bait,
-And can you imagine how long that whole game is going to take to get translated?
Unless people on this forum pull some weird Infinity War level gettogether and somehow grind it out, I'd expect it would at least take 3-5 years to get a legible game, and even then it's probably going to be broken english like how the last chapters of Shrift wound up.

I stg if half of the mobs are made by the same psychopath who made the insect/plantvillage/EGG ANGEL I'm pirating this shit. Almost as cursed as Terraurge.
You're asking some good questions, but I have an even better one: How the hell is the game supposed to goddamn run within the VX Ace engine?
Even Part 1+2 had some more laggy parts at times. If we're to double that.... It will legit drown the game in its own size. (The VX Ace engine was NEVER prepared for such an immense amount of entries in its Database)