What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So, according to the wiki, you can introduce the priestess in the elf-lands to a succubus priestess (one standing outside the church in Helvanna)
I can't seem to get this to happen. The only person standing outside the church is a succubus who 'isn't sure about the Ivalans moving in.'
Does that mean one of my scores is too low or am I just in the wrong place?

Edit: She showed up. Maybe I needed to fund the music tour first, or maybe I just needed to do the quest outside of reality.

Edit: On an unrelated note, it feels like it should be possible to bring the Gilded Lily to the attention of the local priestesses.
Given how hard they're stomping down on prostitution, an inn that uses maids as sex-slaves shouldn't be too hard to shut down.

It'd might have unfortunate repercussions, on the employees (some of whom might not be happy) and potentially on the economy and/or church as well, but it should be possible. Or at least something one of the party brings up as a suggestion.

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Riala's line about an 'invisible foundation' in the teleport room (when talking about upgrading the HQ) repeats itself. “I don't mean the place where we're keeping the shard, Think of it like an invisible foundation”
Followed by “I don't mean the physical rooms, think of it like an invisible foundation”

Looks like you tried to replace a line, but just added to it instead.
This in version 0.32.2

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
So, according to the wiki, you can introduce the priestess in the elf-lands to a succubus priestess (one standing outside the church in Helvanna)
I can't seem to get this to happen. The only person standing outside the church is a succubus who 'isn't sure about the Ivalans moving in.'
Does that mean one of my scores is too low or am I just in the wrong place?
It requires a high Chalice States score.

Edit: On an unrelated note, it feels like it should be possible to bring the Gilded Lily to the attention of the local priestesses.
Given how hard they're stomping down on prostitution, an inn that uses maids as sex-slaves shouldn't be too hard to shut down.

It'd might have unfortunate repercussions, on the employees (some of whom might not be happy) and potentially on the economy and/or church as well, but it should be possible. Or at least something one of the party brings up as a suggestion.
It's difficult to shut down because powerful people in Stineford are interested in keeping it open, but you'll return to the Gilded Lily eventually.

Riala's line about an 'invisible foundation' in the teleport room (when talking about upgrading the HQ) repeats itself. “I don't mean the place where we're keeping the shard, Think of it like an invisible foundation”
Followed by “I don't mean the physical rooms, think of it like an invisible foundation”

Looks like you tried to replace a line, but just added to it instead.
This in version 0.32.2
That's right. Fixed, thanks!

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It requires a high Chalice States score.
Does it also require the Tower expedition to be finished? My Chalice was pretty high.
Investing in the musical troupe could have sent me over the cap I guess, but I'd already done a lot of investments in the area.

It's difficult to shut down because powerful people in Stineford are interested in keeping it open, but you'll return to the Gilded Lily eventually.
The thing about churches and inquisitions is that they're not usually susceptible to bribes. Fanatics can be inconveniently uncompromising like that.

Now let me take a look at the geography of the game...

At first I blamed Andra for the stuff happening in Stineford, but that's not the case, is it? She headed the inquisition, and she's the high priestess of Yhillin, but looking at the map Stineford is in Ardoheim, right?

Bit confusing since this chapter makes a big deal about how we aren't allowed in Ardoheim, but I'm pretty sure that's just the capital. Feroholm and Stineford are a part of Ardoheim?

Random guard npc in Stineford mention King Alonon (of Ardoheim) too, which seems to confirm that my grasp of the geography is correct.
IIRC the High Preistess of Ardoheim is... Hester? Hmm. She doesn't seem the type.
One moment.

Right, so there are two high-priestesses in Ardoheim. (and two in Aram, and technically two in Yhillin* The elves only get one though, and Eustrin gets none. I guess it's technically a part of Aram? They have a Laysister)
Hester seems to be in the Capital (which we can't enter now) so can we assume that the one we have (IIRC) yet to meet is behind the shenanigans in Stineford?
Since the Cathedral is closed, we can't go and meet her either.

I guess she could be the bribable sort, or susceptible to political pressure.
Given how her branch of the church has been stomping out all 'sin' in the area since the start of the game, it seems unlikely though.
Brothels closed, sex-shop closed. Lots of the slums have been shut down. People in the town paint themselves as a bastion of purity surrounded by corruption.
We can't tell who runs the show, but their silhouette certainly screams 'fanatical purist'
Not the sort of person to allow a sexual slavery ring to operate unopposed, no matter how wealthy their backers.

Could they be unable to close it down? We don't really know who the big powers are in Stineford, in terms of money or political power, but the church certainly seems to have an iron grip on everything.

Not sure if Yarra's illusions would fool a high priestess (they seem to have worked on Hester?) but a bunch of 'concerned citizens' telling one of the lay-sisters about it sounds like it should do some good.
It seems like the sort of topic that should come up in party-dialogue as you visit/leave the Lily in chapter four. If only as a “How the hell is this place still open?” comment.

*High-Priestesses:
Only one is supposed to be in Yhillin. Andra, or whoever replaced her after her 'fall'.
Sarai is the sister of the Lost. The Incubus King's territories. Given the incubus-king's death, she might very well find herself moving to the succubus lands.
Should be good for a laugh.

Edit: Also of note is that the poorhouse wasn't closed (like all the other buildings the Church has shut down) instead it was seized.
The brothel, bar, and sex-shop all say 'closed by order of the high-priestess' but the poorhouse says 'Seized for use by the church'
What are they using this building for, I wonder? The plot thickens.

Honestly, I'm now more interested in whatever the church is up to in Stineford than in the main quest teased at the end of this update.
Though I guess they could both be connected? The call was about politics in Ardoheim, after all.

If nothing else, this was an interesting thought exercise, digging into the lore and geography of the setting.

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Totally diffrent note, but Balia seems to be in two places at the same time.
I know people show up in two places when they have events and stuff, but Balia seems to be permanently in her work area outside, AND in the bottom-floor magic area, with Qum, Altina, and Wynn.

Is this supposed to happen? I know I funded a second area for her to do her stuff in, but should she be occupying both areas at the same time?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Does it also require the Tower expedition to be finished? My Chalice was pretty high.
Oh, yeah, also the Tower expedition. Lots of things require that to be finished.

Not sure if Yarra's illusions would fool a high priestess (they seem to have worked on Hester?) but a bunch of 'concerned citizens' telling one of the lay-sisters about it sounds like it should do some good.
It seems like the sort of topic that should come up in party-dialogue as you visit/leave the Lily in chapter four. If only as a “How the hell is this place still open?” comment.
It sounds like you have a grasp of the High Priestess and country situation now, so I'll jump to this part. The Church has a lot of control over events in Stineford, but not complete control. There's still the government, the nobility, and in particular the Duke of Stineford. So their fanatics are free to run around closing down things in the slums, but they don't really examine the behavior of powerful political figures too closely. And as zealous as the Ivalan Church there is, they have some corrupt members too.

I like your suggestion of there being party dialogue about it, though, and I will add some. ^-^

Totally diffrent note, but Balia seems to be in two places at the same time.
I know people show up in two places when they have events and stuff, but Balia seems to be permanently in her work area outside, AND in the bottom-floor magic area, with Qum, Altina, and Wynn.

Is this supposed to happen? I know I funded a second area for her to do her stuff in, but should she be occupying both areas at the same time?
It's intended, anyway.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ah. Stineford has a duke.
I guess with the king himself unwilling to weigh in on either side, the church can't just swing their big-church-dick around and do whatever they want.
I don't imagine minor nobles would have slowed them down terribly much though, the church seems way too powerful for that.

On the other hand, Why would a duke care about keeping a high-end brothel open? Surely if he wanted sex-slaves for maids, he could arrange for it in his own manor/palace? A duke shouldn't need to go to a hotel to get his dick sucked.

Ah, maybe he's trying to be discrete? If they're in his own home, there's no doubt that he's responsible, but if they live and work away from him...
Still seems a little odd though. Nobles should be able to acquire their own concubines, without needing to outsource that, or deal with prostitutes.
It can't be about the money, surely? High-end or no, the profits of any single brothel can't be that significant to a major member of the nobility.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Politics are never quite so black and white. The church might be powerful as a singular entity but they mostly get caught up in squabbles among their own factions, so while one high priestess might be able to throw some weight around in a limited area like Stineford she won't necessarily get support from the outside unless the outside somehow benefits. This effectively means the church has only limited influence in local politics, especially due to how competition works around that influence.

Nobles work in much the same way, while the Duke of Stineford might not have a vested interest in the Gilded Lily other minor nobles do, and their influence cannot simply be ignored by an entity like the duke. Alternatively the duke might have financial interests in the Gilded Lily since it's basically a noble brothel kind of deal, rich clients and all that bring in a decent income. Or, for all we know, a long-term political battle is taking place between the Duke and the Church on the subject of prostitution, and the Gilded Lily is simply one of the last remaining hold-outs, which has it's own inherent value on a political battlefield. Imagine if the Duke had a hand in the prostitution in Stineford in general and most of his shops were closed down, suddenly that single brothel has a lot more relevance in terms of income.

Deathwings

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This state of affair is probably compounded by the fact that Andra was basically Stineford's High Priestess biggest/only ally. Now that Andra is going super turbo-slut and has been replaced by a High Priestess that's actually supportive of the Succubi becoming devout Ivalan, Stineford's is completely isolated and probably scared out of her wits. And when petty tyrants are scared out of their wits, what do they do ? They lash out at the ones bellow them to make themselves feel better. Classic case if I've ever seen one.

She better be careful tough, because the slum is pretty much taped out as far easy targets are concerned and she's courting outright rebellion at this point. The merchants are starting to become quite unhappy, the slums are probably a powder keg, the magic academy is starting to chaff badly and even the other part of church are probably smelling the blood in the water at this point. She was, after all, completely and utterly useless during the war and had her beacon pulled out of the fire by the Doom King. Suspicious.

Last edited:

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
sorry to disturb your virtual political debate,but i`m stuck at aka route trying to get to the mines.finished the thaumaturgy quest,rose and jade houses quest.i just cant find the npcs that give me the keys to the mines.

Deathwings

Demon Girl
Reputation score
sorry to disturb your virtual political debate,but i`m stuck at aka route trying to get to the mines.finished the thaumaturgy quest,rose and jade houses quest.i just cant find the npcs that give me the keys to the mines.
Armored guy at the...court, I think ? One is at the court, one is at the square and the last in in the merchant quarter from what I remember.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Also keep in mind they only show up after you've at least talked to the guy at the mine entrance.

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Also keep in mind they only show up after you've at least talked to the guy at the mine entrance.
i think that`s the problem,there is no option to go to the mines.the carriage lack it.
edit- nevermind i found it,mine junction only appear at the merchant area.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I think I might've missed whatever awesome bath orgy we were apparently slated for, as that one particular quest is still sitting there with the 'Check on Hilstara' thing unfulfilled, and I dunno if I want to hammer out the big war all over again to check it. Rip.

Man, rolling around all over the continent to find new content is pretty time-consuming, but I suppose that's the pain of world-map scope being available.

I think I spotted a typo somewhere in Janine's scene, also. I uh can't rememeber precisely what it was, though I think it was a word with a -ly that shouldnt've had it or something. Maybe directly after another -ly word or something?

For what its worth though, in spite of my bitching TLS is still probably my favorite RPG Maker game and probably one my favorite RPGs period. Good shit.

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Happy to have you enjoying it. ^-^

I think I might've missed whatever awesome bath orgy we were apparently slated for, as that one particular quest is still sitting there with the 'Check on Hilstara' thing unfulfilled, and I dunno if I want to hammer out the big war all over again to check it. Rip.
No worries, that quest is just lingering because of a minor bug we talked about last time. Yarra has yet to get the bath orgy she so desires and you haven't missed anything.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Well, it took a lot of struggling with Steam, but my next complete side project will be released soon! You can find it here:

This game has many parallels to TLS, so please give it a look! Though it's shorter than TLS, it's also complete and has full art. In patched form, it has 25 base CGs and 100+ images total.

Finishing up projects like this helps stabilize me as a creator and ensures that I can keep developing the game. ^-^ I'll post again when DoW launches, but otherwise, next up is TLS 0.33.0!

Last edited:

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
nice to know !
anything you can tell us regarding the release date, besides "march 2018" ?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
nice to know !
anything you can tell us regarding the release date, besides "march 2018" ?
March 16th... or at least 99% likely to be then! I had the date listed that way back when Steam was still leaving everything up in the air, but I have the approval now. I'll go change it.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Desecration of Wings is out, everybody!

Gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best! But anyway, the next announcement you'll see here will be about TLS. Can't say exactly when, but I am making good progress. ^-^

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Felana is a good girl.

Uh, question, are all the scenes I've hit up so far intended to be fade-to-black? I got it off itch.io and I've just fought a turbo-undead with a full party for the first time so far. I'm slightly concerned I have like, a for-Steam censoring thing going on that I forgot to disable someplace.

(EDIT: Oh wait, there it is. I guess I had to go nab the patch off the blog.)

(EEDDIITT: Delicious futa AND the best name for an enemy I've seen in at least two years, fuck yes)

Last edited: