What's new

ACT [azurezero] deepground lab - metroidvania (now on kimochi for 7usd) RE154018 RJ154018

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: deepground lab - metroidvania(wip)

I was running low on enemy ideas that i could sprite, so i brought this girl back... lol i was so inexperienced when i tried to make object0.

the poll seems a little skewed towards the UK, so i think one of my friends might've tampered with it... so instead i'll just ask people to COMMENT to make sure there's no double votes.

IS IT OKAY with people if i offer this game at a discount ahead of it's release, for 5usd? the game will probably be finished in a few weeks if i don't burn out, will get the game on release anyway once next months payments have gone through.

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

If all you have for the release date is "A few weeks, if I don't burn out", I'd say...
No
Even if you had it done tomorrow
Just don't sell it ahead of time.

That's what you have a Patreon for, and I'm sure it'll need some bugfixing anyways, all you'll be doing if you presell it is pushing yourself to go through faster to get it done for the people who already paid for it, and that usually ends with required fixes on day one.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

today i coded the 3rd boss, but im starting to have difficulty coming up with what to give out for beating the boss...

maybe one of the twin shots(if you get both you fire 3 shots)
but i still havent given out the level 3 key either

hmmm tricky tricky

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Im having a lot of fun having my friends over for my 25th birthday

announce page for the game went up today (also trade came out)

nice amount of interest already

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*giggles childishly*

Hamger

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Real nice so far. I like the slime girl a lot. I will hold off playing the demo until the release so I don't spoil the fun :).

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Real nice so far. I like the slime girl a lot. I will hold off playing the demo until the release so I don't spoil the fun :).
its only up to the first boss and a bit, not sure if you can get a little tiny bit of plot or not :3

i still need to sprite the actual intro with her waking up on the ground

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

honestly i havent got much done the last few days, my internet keeps dying and ive been trying to get it sorted... oddly enough not having access to distractions actually makes it harder for me to work...

lack of a good internet connection makes me wanna throw things...

I'm having difficulty thinking up new enemies too, hazards are simple but i cant overuse them... i'll try to sprite a foxgirl enemy again later

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

internets still fucking up, but lucky to get more than 5 minutes at a time here

game is almost ready, just one more area and the final boss to make
so roughly 2 or 3 more enemies to make, a boss, and checking the game works fully to do now, i also am considering adding some more special game over screens (currently there's 4 in total)

in other news, I now have 13 weeks left to the day to pay off my £1180 overdraft, so i'll be trying to get some commissions ( ) in the next few weeks.

also, not doing pre-orders, and the price will be £3.4 on release (just over 5usd)

bobjoebob

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This isn't too bad from what I've seen so far - what is this being made with? Gamemaker? How hard was it to get the barebones platformer part working? I've been musing trying to make an hgame for awhile.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This isn't too bad from what I've seen so far - what is this being made with? Gamemaker? How hard was it to get the barebones platformer part working? I've been musing trying to make an hgame for awhile.

it does seem rather simple to make, the spriting was originally the tough part but now its just having the ideas, i inadventently shrunk the area yesterday but i have a working model for the endings and their options now

still need the final boss, it only feels like i got 4 areas now, i dont really have any more.

im currently using a script with

if room=(something)
{
global.room_above=
global.room_below=
global.room_left=
global.roomright=
}

repeated for each room in the game, because of how my room change script handles swapping rooms i can only have entrances and exits on the upper,left,and lower walls of the first screen of a room
and the far right wall, so they can connect

this is why theres a lot of rooms that are 1 or 2 screens tall so i could connect long rooms with tall ones

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

friend suggested some text in the game overs for context, hows this as an example?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Games done, realised i'd made all the content i set out to yesterday, but i havent released the game yet because my internet still isnt fixed (posting this from the local library) and i want to be online for the release so i can send the unlocks out as i need to...

final count is 10 hentai enemies and hazards, 9 game over screens with text and sprite animation, and 4 bosses.

im uploading the latest version of the so i'm ready for release once I get the internet back... times passed really quickly on this one, i truely enjoyed making it, and I really, really hope it will do well, cause my brains pretty kaput at the minute and i cant think of anything else to work on yet...

sorry about the mess with the links, my battery ran out yesterday while i was trying to get the fixed ones up...still waiting on a call to tell us when the technician is coming over to fix our internet

if i could figure it out i'd have done multiple save files

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if my connection holds up for more than 10 minutes without disconnecting i'll release the game tonight

Mr.Walrus

Reputation score

Played through the demo and things seemed to be working and ok, I liked the wall jumping once I got used to it. Kinda made the platforming remind me of Super Meat Boy at times.

Some minor issues I noticed and I have no idea if they are already fixed:
  • When loading the game from menu, the music doesn't start.
  • If the floating red thing grabs your head and you fall to the pit with tentacles afterwards, your lust meter doesn't rise and you're forced to exit the game.

Best of luck with the release!

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Played through the demo and things seemed to be working and ok, I liked the wall jumping once I got used to it. Kinda made the platforming remind me of Super Meat Boy at times.

Some minor issues I noticed and I have no idea if they are already fixed:
  • When loading the game from menu, the music doesn't start.
  • If the floating red thing grabs your head and you fall to the pit with tentacles afterwards, your lust meter doesn't rise and you're forced to exit the game.

Best of luck with the release!
internet died just after posting too, was really frustrating, i'll take another look at the code for the red floaties though most of it is copied from another grapple object, and the music thing is based on using game makers built in save thing, it doesn't change music if there's music playing when you load either...its a pain...

still, i might write my own save system, have done before

in other news the game hit dlsite jp yesterday when you run the game it extracts the unlock file...which is actually kinda pointless now i think about it... cause theres no differences between the dlsite version and the blog version since i didn't need to do any censorship

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay ive had the internet longer for an hour now so i think its safe to post

Games done and released, price is £3.4/ 5.2usd

you can buy it through paypal

or

i did have another look over the code for the grapple objects, and changed a few things round but i couldn't recreate the glitch i was told about so i'm not sure if i've fixed it or not.

i'll be revamping the same system over the next few days to eliminate the problem where music doesnt start when loading

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: deepground lab - metroidvania (OUT NOW $5.4usd)

Congrats on the release! I love me some ACT games.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Congrats on the release! I love me some ACT games.
thank you so much, I released it on a whim because my internet is back (though it still drops A LOT), it's only got 2 proper sales so far (as in ones i didnt just talk to my friends about because i was online to give them the unlock) but its doing pretty well on dlsite, i think 22 sales on the first day is my best result yet

alphaikazuchi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I couldn't buy it, told me there was a problem with the merchants pay pal account.