What's new

[Vosmug] Ghost Hunter Vena

Status
Not open for further replies.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
this is so crashy and buggy. its fully black until i alt+enter. it crashes if i attack or the hand goes anywhere near me. i don't remember a single issue like this on the old demo.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
this is so crashy and buggy. its fully black until i alt+enter. it crashes if i attack or the hand goes anywhere near me. i don't remember a single issue like this on the old demo.
Eh that might be your laptop or PC, haven't had any issues like that other than the black screen (just needs exiting to desktop once to fix). Maybe try changing the game settings, or redownload.

Buziol

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Read the comments on his blog. I believe he explained every workaround for the most common bugs and crashes (like the one with first room with enemies, black screen etc.). Old demo was old, don't compare them. Crashing is caused by some new internal features that are not yet fully optimized. It's still work in progress, after all.
Eh that might be your laptop or PC, haven't had any issues like that other than the black screen (just needs exiting to desktop once to fix). Maybe try changing the game settings, or redownload.
Love those kinds of comments - "that might be your laptop". No, game is bugged for now and every user might have different problems. From what I gathered from the comments section and other sites that have threads like this one is that it works well on WinXP. It tends to crash more often on Win8(multiple errors at once) and 10(usually one error). For now we have to deal with this and be happy that he's a good guy to give us something without running paywall cancer that is Patreon.

Also, to those who complain - don't expect too much new content in terms of enemies/areas for it's not going to be a free game in the end. For a trial version it's as good as it should be.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I'm not asking for unique RoL sequences, but I REALLY don't like Vosmug's smash-cut-to-respawn failstates.

Renmaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Apparently Vosmug is smashing a lot of bugs and will be trying to upload version 0.4 tomorrow with a lot less bugs and crashes, so I'll just wait a day.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score
Played fine on Windows 7. Only kinda "glitch" (maybe)? is if you kneel down... dam near nothing will ever hit you... not sure if thats intended .... >.>

DerPeter

Demon Girl
Reputation score
was released a few hours ago, it comes with lots of bug fixes and minor improvements. If you ran into any issues, try out this version. It should read the savegames from 0.3, but make sure to delete the controldata file in the DATA folder if you had any problem with the controls. Other than that, no gameplay additions were made.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
It still just goes until after she encounters the first red ghost?

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
Didn't see much H here. But the cast looks okay. The least interesting girl is sadly the MC.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So for those just joining in, if you allow the struggle bar to hover around the middle there is a secondary part to some animations after a little while.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Pretty good demo, but I would LOVE to turn off that repeating music. That grates on the mind after a while.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
I wish the red ghost in the trial do some grab moves other than bumping into the MC ;w;

blaster

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I wish the red ghost in the trial do some grab moves other than bumping into the MC ;w;
Sadly, he stated those red one were meant solely to harm our protag, must one have grab move they'll likely be more ryona rather than lewd

Reputation score
So, is the game supposed to just end after getting grabbed by the white ghosts with red eyes? Nothing happens besides I stare at the main character stuck to the wall with the glove on the ground. No dialogue, nothin.

Muttonman

Reputation score
So, is the game supposed to just end after getting grabbed by the white ghosts with red eyes? Nothing happens besides I stare at the main character stuck to the wall with the glove on the ground. No dialogue, nothin.
You're supposed to wiggle yourself out with the arrow keys

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Unfortunately, seems like the latest demo ends at nearly the same place as the demo from a year back, except now combat seems more of a pain. The biggest difference between then and now is the scene with the spiky eyeball-thing is now controllable and no longer a end-of-demo message, and the next few rooms introduce red ghosts. That's about it.

Kind of a bummer, but at the same time I did notice some changes he made, particularly to the starting scenes as well as UI, and I suspect from of the internal framework, programming, bug-fixing, and the like have been improved. I can only hope that the next demo has more features.

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Unfortunately, seems like the latest demo ends at nearly the same place as the demo from a year back, except now combat seems more of a pain. The biggest difference between then and now is the scene with the spiky eyeball-thing is now controllable and no longer a end-of-demo message, and the next few rooms introduce red ghosts. That's about it.

Kind of a bummer, but at the same time I did notice some changes he made, particularly to the starting scenes as well as UI, and I suspect from of the internal framework, programming, bug-fixing, and the like have been improved. I can only hope that the next demo has more features.
There will most likely not be another demo. Vosmug has almost finished with the game if I read the blog right. Roughly 1 month or so barring the usual road blocks.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
In one of the post he did mention the demo covers only 5%-10% of the full game so it seems there is a lot instore.

corruptionz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The map is pretty huge and his last game had a good amount of content so I wouldn't be too concerned with the final game being small.

Status
Not open for further replies.