What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Mithos56] Sorceress's Tale

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Unreal Engine 4] Meridiana’s Magical Investigations - Stealth 3D Game

Pregnancy is actually a pretty good idea from a game design standpoint because it can be used as a penalty mechanic. Sex has to have consequences otherwise it doesn't really mean much, and simply getting killed by common attacks is somewhat boring.
I'd have to disagree. The sex itself can be a consequence in terms of most female protagonists. It's not like they are seeking out getting raped. Therefore, in falling victim to that rape, the developer can have dialogue that portrays it as a consequence.

For me, I play to experience the sex scenes, not to get my character pregnant. I understand some do, but to say sex without consequences in a h-game doesn't mean much, just doesn't make sense to me. If it's an instaslut game, maybe, but most games are not.

Just my two cents.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'd have to disagree. The sex itself can be a consequence in terms of most female protagonists. It's not like they are seeking out getting raped. Therefore, in falling victim to that rape, the developer can have dialogue that portrays it as a consequence.

For me, I play to experience the sex scenes, not to get my character pregnant. I understand some do, but to say sex without consequences in a h-game doesn't mean much, just doesn't make sense to me. If it's an instaslut game, maybe, but most games are not.

Just my two cents.
Sex in itself in this game can't be a consequence though, because currently it's player initiated, and consensual. There is no penalty at the moment that makes the player not want to have sex with the monsters, instead, because it heals you, there's no reason not to have sex. The dev has stated in a previous patreon post that they want to add some sort of negative to it, and whilst there currently is one in place, kinda, it might not work as intended and will likely need a lot of adjusting.

cezul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Holy donkey balls batman this game is pretty neat.

I need more, of whatever this is.

Conundrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just my two cents.
But in this game, you are rewarded for sex.
Enemies aren't out to rape you (right now at least), they'll just kill you, but by seducing them and having sex with them, you regain magic/health.
You don't need to do it, you can just kill them at range or by sneaking up, but let's be honest, playing to avoid sex scenes isn't really what h-games are about.

I do like me some creampie, but when it comes to pregnancy, I often find the implied risk of it more arousing than whatever it leads to in games.
At least I can't really recall any game where pregnancies where done well enough that I'd say "more please".

Anyway, since all the scenes right now have vaginal penetration, having a random chance of pregnancy wouldn't even make sense, at least if it's supposed to be some kind of punishment.
You're rewarded for the sex in itself but have chance of being punished for it? That'd be kind of dumb.
However, there's already the "sex-drunk" state, penalizing you for having too much sex, what if having more sex in that state carried the risk of pregnancy? (Whatever magic she's using to to avoid getting knocked up is weakened)
It'd allow people who don't want to see it to consciously avoid it, while adding a bit of an additional challenge to anyone seeking it out.

Ultimately, it's up to the dev if he wants it in his game and any discussion on the matter is moot until he's chimed in about his plans.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Unfortunately for some, there won't be any type pregnancy by the heroine in this game. Without going too much into detail and lore and such, her "species/race" is infertile, and so having children is sadly not in the cards for her. She's a little sensitive about as she'd really like to have children of her own at some point.

This is not to say that it will not pop up at all in the future, but its not something I've planned to include at this point.

DeBouncer's idea of having the enemy become less horny over time is a good one, and that's something I'll look at adding!

Finally the N key is something I've added cause people want to see Meridiana naked. The debug stuff is all just standard unreal engine debug stuff.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So my previous comment about pregnancy being impossible turned out true. At least we know now, but the thing about her race being infertile is interesting. I'm curious as to how they reproduce then.

I've never really messed around with UE games before, so finding all the debug stuff was fun for me :p

Hentai no Echii

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is there any chance that traps are going to be introduced in this game? Like being beside a "special" tree for a period of time will grapple Meridiana and molest/ rape her, or stepping on a trap like thing activates a machine or something that will trap her or even rape her?

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there any chance that traps are going to be introduced in this game? Like being beside a "special" tree for a period of time will grapple Meridiana and molest/ rape her, or stepping on a trap like thing activates a machine or something that will trap her or even rape her?
Its Likely we'll at least one trap ;)

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I just remembered something, when you're fucking a monster, her breathing/moans/sex noises are hard to hear.

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The demo link doesn't work.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The latest demo is at

Whenever a new demo comes, just check Mithos' patreon.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Its Likely we'll at least one trap ;)
Would be cool if they are randomly located on the map. So that the player can never learn all their locations and consciously avoid them. That is, if it is possible with the design you have in mind, of course :)

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Would be cool if they are randomly located on the map. So that the player can never learn all their locations and consciously avoid them. That is, if it is possible with the design you have in mind, of course :)
That's certainly something I can look into. At some point I'd really like to have a rogue-light element/mode so that would fit in perfect there.

cezul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's certainly something I can look into. At some point I'd really like to have a rogue-light element/mode so that would fit in perfect there.

A rogue light mode?

TAKE MY MONEY NOW

joeyeroq1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there an e.t.a on new public build? I would like to see the new plants and tentacle animation!;)

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there an e.t.a on new public build? I would like to see the new plants and tentacle animation!;)
I would probably keep the next public build a month or two away when I have significant enough changes to make it worth showing off.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

since february. has their been any more builds? if it's not being too difficult with me. i'd like to retry running the game. if it's not still the same version that is.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

since february. has their been any more builds? if it's not being too difficult with me. i'd like to retry running the game. if it's not still the same version that is.
The last public demo was in July: