What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Mithos56] Sorceress's Tale

swiftmoon101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Unreal Engine 4] Meridiana’s Magical Investigations - Stealth 3D Game

The first demo was, and someone pointed out that they'd like a 32 bit version.

I actually just released my more updated build to the public on my patreon, that is a little more updated. It does have a 32bit and 64 bit version

patreon.com/posts/4522696?alert=1
thx for the response, keep on the good work :D

PS:actually nvm i forgot i have crappy computer so i can't play unreal engine 4 games(due to 2-5 fps), opsy.

Last edited:

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Swiftmoon, I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. I should probably double my focus on optimizing everything.

VersusX, I'm glad you're digging it!
Its odd because the chance of getting one animation or the other are about 50%, but people seem to get the BJ animation more. In the next build it will be one animation that has multiple stages, so that won't happen anymore.

-Yeah, I will need to implement material based footsteps at some point.

-Casting a spell does a dot product too see if the enemy is in front of the player, but I agree, sometimes its hard to cast spells. Its set up in future builds so that if you're already in combat, if there is no target, it will just cast the spell in the direction the player is facing.

-The enemies on the roofs are kinda bugged, because once they get down they can't get back up. Enemies shouldn't be able to see you from behind when you're stealthed, but they do HEAR you otherwise when you move to fast. I do want to do some tests with a MGS kinda controls, only spells instead of guns. I kinda worry how that will work with enemies that melee instead of ranged.

-Noticed the wall thing too, I fixed most of that for the next build.

-The transitions are pretty wonky, I've experimented with having a camera fade to hide them, and that seems to help a bit.

-I'm not too well coursed in matinee, but I assumed it was more for static cut scenes. Can it be used for dynamic stuff? I guess I need to look at it more.

-Definitely need to work on mixing all the sounds! I'll probably just leave music off for the next few builds.

-Having a zoomed stealth camera isn't a bad idea, and that's something I might play with. I'm a little torn on having alert indicators. Its definitely helpful, but at the same time having an enemy sneak up on the player entertains me a lot.

-For the looting, I just wanted to get the frame work in first. So right now it doesn't do anything and you can't use money for anything. Eventually though!

-Spells use stamina FIRST, but will use magic if you don't have enough. This all needs to be balanced, but I wanted someway for the player to be tactical with spells without it draining all their magic power.

-I'm glad you like my wonky icons. All of the UI stuff needs to be overhauled, I just wanted to have something there in the mean time.

swiftmoon101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Swiftmoon, I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. I should probably double my focus on optimizing everything.
Don't bother about the qualities yet :D, the game does look great. Can't blame youself just because i only hv outdated graphic card right? (i forgot the model but it IS a really old one.)

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

-Casting a spell does a dot product too see if the enemy is in front of the player, but I agree, sometimes its hard to cast spells. Its set up in future builds so that if you're already in combat, if there is no target, it will just cast the spell in the direction the player is facing.
Can't say for sure without testing it but i think a multi sphere trace would make it better for targetting (the ideal feature would be the pawn sensing system but i think it can't be used in the player character)

-I'm not too well coursed in matinee, but I assumed it was more for static cut scenes. Can it be used for dynamic stuff? I guess I need to look at it more.
Yeah you can use it for dynamic stuff even for systems like QTEs

-Having a zoomed stealth camera isn't a bad idea, and that's something I might play with. I'm a little torn on having alert indicators. Its definitely helpful, but at the same time having an enemy sneak up on the player entertains me a lot.
Maybe just alert the player if the enemy is inside a radius from its field of view. This way you can still be surprised from behind ^^

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I might have to investigate matinee more, but I probably want to learn more about the timeline on sequencer, first In the mean time I guess I bulldogged it okay with montages.

I might look into doing some sphere casts to find the best target, the problem is how many I want to do everytime you try to cast a spell.

For the notifications, I'm definitely going to have some sort of audio cue that enemies might see you, and down the line if its too hard, maybe a visual notify as well.

ombre vengeresse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This game had lot potentials but it will take work on animations. I can not wait to see more :p.

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

The latest build is available to everyone on patreon, check it out ! It looks more and more promissing.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

This looks brilliant! Will be keeping an eye on this.

hmsvangurad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

someone teleport to top of the building?

i found two heart, but one is can't get it...

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you hold the teleport button down for a moment, you can aim it and use it to teleport on top of buildings.

If a particular building is too tall, try teleporting from a shorter building.

Porkbunny

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I want to say that, it's not that easy to develop a 3d game,specially with Unreal Engine 4. I have some experience with Unreal Engine 4. it has some easy tools like blueprint to make the things easy, but still it's a bit tough than 2d games. he has to do animations, modeling, level designing, other 3d objects, a load of works. even a small game company wouldn't hesitate to do a 3d game unless they have a good budget and a team. so unless he has an experienced team, I am quite sure, it will take massive amount of time.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to give a quick update that I'm still alive and working on this! I've added another costume, a new enemy, and tried to tighten the mechanics quite a bit!

I don't think I'm allowed to post actual links but you can check it out on my tumblr at Mithos56 dot tumblr dot com
or my patreon, where I do weekly updates: Patreon.com/Mithos56

Last edited:

ngansex

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Errr...
I would rather a low graphic 3d game

Look! this Graphics? Damn, It is a sign of a big ERROR

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Errr...
I would rather a low graphic 3d game

Look! this Graphics? Damn, It is a sign of a big ERROR

I'm a little confused. Is it an error in a demo? Would you be able to elaborate at all?

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Just wanted to give a quick update that I'm still alive and working on this! I've added another costume, a new enemy, and tried to tighten the mechanics quite a bit!

I don't think I'm allowed to post actual links but you can check it out on my tumblr at Mithos56 dot tumblr dot com
or my patreon, where I do weekly updates: Patreon dot com /Mithos56
You can just drop the http part like: patreon.com/Mithos56, then people can just copy paste into their browser.

I'm a little confused. Is it an error in a demo? Would you be able to elaborate at all?
English is not their native language. I believe they meant your graphical quality is too high in their opinion, a lower-end game would be easier to develop and easier on people with low-end hardware. (but I say go for it :))

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh that certainly makes more sense. I will try to keep the project optimized, so that you don't need a beast rig to run it, but this is the graphic quality I will go with, so unfortunately that may not be for everyone. :(

Thanks for the correction on the link!

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No idea how this doesn't have more Patrons, seriously.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I've not saw anything from this in a while, I hope it's progressing at a decent pace. If complete I'd happily spend a few £ on it. The "demo" shows promise.

Cartoon Smut

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No idea how this doesn't have more Patrons, seriously.
I'd say that people don't want to risk their money supporting an overambitious project. Most patreon-funded H games are super simple RPG maker games and basic side-scrollers, with the devs taking their sweet time developing them. People look at those games and think "Wow, if it takes this long to develop an RPG maker game with default/free assets and a few CG images, what chance does a 3D stealth game made in Unreal Engine have of ever being completed?"

What I'm saying is that some developers have ruined patreon for the rest of em.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'd say that people don't want to risk their money supporting an overambitious project. Most patreon-funded H games are super simple RPG maker games and basic side-scrollers, with the devs taking their sweet time developing them. People look at those games and think "Wow, if it takes this long to develop an RPG maker game with default/free assets and a few CG images, what chance does a 3D stealth game made in Unreal Engine have of ever being completed?"

What I'm saying is that some developers have ruined patreon for the rest of em.
I understand where that line of thinking is coming from, and its certainly a legitimate concern.

It is going to take me a while to complete everything, so I'm trying to be very transparent about my progress. I post every sunday about what I've completed in the previous week, and that should give a good estimate of my speed.

I do also try to post other things in order to make the patreon interesting in the meantime. I've given away the models for the enemies I have so far. I also try to give explanations for how I do things or unreal blueprint samples when appropriate.

Hopefully this can alleviate some of the concerns people might have.