Reputation score
Re: [Unreal Engine 4] Meridiana’s Magical Investigations - Stealth 3D Game

Mhhh Demo mirror is not working anymore =(

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Mhhh Demo mirror is not working anymore =(
I just checked the links, and refreshed them. One thing that's coming up is make sure that you copy and paste the link, as if you try to just open link in new tab, it will just open the mega site.

As for whether or not I should be trouble shooting things. This is something I do think its important for me to look into. There are certainly going to be situations where there is nothing I can do, and its just unreal, or the person's computer. However, there are also going to be situations where it IS something that I did or need to do, and catching these things early can save me in the long run.

I can't think of the proper idiom, but taking a few minutes now can save me hours or days down the line.

Also, please don't fight I love you all!:(

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The plant is looking good so far. I'm hyped for what it's animation might be.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You're right: I never touched, nor analyzed, nor used the UDK. I probably played games or mods made by it, but I didn't create things myself.

Your initial proposal to "leave these fools with their problems and focus on development" would significally reduce the amount of support you would get for your project from your (partially paying) fans. I can't imagine someone developing a "backed" game - erotic or not - to release demo versions of the soon-to-be finished product, and replying to his/her/their supporters' calls for technical help: "I'm not the problem, you are. Go to the website of the engine I'm using and figure stuff out for yourselves!"

If you were in Mithos' position, who is receiving payment for any advancement he makes, would you really present an attitude like that? "Just go and figure it out yourselves on some website!" - do you really believe this would help his cause of working towards a full release, while being supported financially?

Or allow me to ask differently: If you had never used any game engine as a creator before, and if you couldn't run the latest demo of "Meridiana's Magical Investigations" because a random error message pops up: Would the very first thing you do be to google the website of the engine (which name you might not even know) the game dev is using? I will allow myself to highly doubt that, as it is basically easier for a "programming/UDK/engine/whatever peasant" (which includes me!) to post/mention about these problems in forum threads, blogs or whatever media the creator is using. Because "the source surely knows how to fix it", right? RIGHT?
Actually, whenever I usually encounter error messages googling it is the first thing I usually do. Including adding forum names because, I'm sure I'm not the only special snowflake who encountered the problem. I'm not going lie and say I haven't been "lazy", I use that word for a reason, and just asked on a forum. That should usually be a last resort since you'd get your answer quicker by doing your on research. Like I said it's usually laziness why people won't search the problem instead of having other people deal with it. I mean we live in the great age where a lot of answers are at our fingertips and people still have trouble realizing that. :rolleyes:

Reputation score

Hot damn, I was skeptical, but this looks great!

Little Jack

Demon Girl
Reputation score

it might be good if the character can get pregnant :D

Reputation score

it might be good if the character can get pregnant :D
Fuck no. Fucking fuckity fuck no. I am looking forward to this game, DON'T YOU FUCKING RUIN IT FOR ME.

EVERY. GOD. DAMN. TIME. I understand a lot of people around here inexplicably enjoy watching a woman with a bloated, distended stomach having sex and, despite my obvious distaste for such material, that's okay.

BUT FOR FUCK'S SAKE NOT EVERY NEW GAME COMING OUT NEEDS TO INCLUDE IT. Leave some for the rest of us, PLEASE.

Last edited:

Totschlager

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fuck no. Fucking fuckity fuck no. I am looking forward to this game, DON'T YOU FUCKING RUIN IT FOR ME.

EVERY. GOD. DAMN. TIME. I understand a lot of people around here inexplicably enjoy watching a woman with a bloated, distended stomach having sex and, despite my obvious distaste for such material, that's okay.

BUT FOR FUCK'S SAKE NOT EVERY NEW GAME COMING OUT NEEDS TO INCLUDE IT. Leave some for the rest of us, PLEASE.
Maybe a Pregnancy On/Off Feature?
Anyway looking forward for this game!

& does the Patreon Version have more Content than the latest Demo Version?
like monsters etc.

Last edited:

Conundrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Really liking what I'm seeing so far.
One thing annoys me a bit though, when trying to sneak up on enemies, they sometimes just turn around instantly and spot you.
Sometimes I was able to break line of sight, but seducing an opponent after they spotted you once seems to instantly force you into their sex scene.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Maybe a Pregnancy On/Off Feature?
Anyway looking forward for this game!

& does the Patreon Version have more Content than the latest Demo Version?
like monsters etc.
How about a mechanic that lets you enable pregnancies? Aka a pill or something? I'm a (very big) fan of pregnancy, but I understand that it's a big no-no for lots of people.

Either way, I will definitely pledge soon. I was quite amused when I discovered that pressing N, Y, ', and F5 did things no mentioned anywhere in the game/game files. F5 especially is very trippy, and I decided to mess around with the debug menu. Pressing ' and then 4 causes it to close, making me believe it crashed since 4 is meant to be 'perception'. Debug camera was also very interesting, as I read on one of your patreon posts that one way you optimised your game was by making your trees' leaves change quality dependant upon your distance to them. I never even noticed that in about an hours worth of playing, despite knowing this, as I read a lot of things before downloading the demo, but that debug camera really showed me just how low res those leaves can get. 3 pixel leaves always made me laugh for some reason.

The issues about the rock clipping and bright river have already been mentioned, so I have a new bug to report: using the time stop spell (and maybe the blast back spell) when you have cum on you makes it disappear.

Also, I have a suggestion about the whole "enemy spots you and insta-sex upon seduce". Why not make it so that over time, the horny meter slowly goes down, and there be a visual clue that'll let you know when they will force sex or follow you. For example, their loincloth is slightly raised when they're in the mood for some giggity giggity.

Last suggestion, because the horny meter is a thing, why not make it so that enemies have a chance to grope you at random, instead of attacking? It can be easily escaped, but if left for a while (aka no attempts to break free are made), it slowly progresses until penetration, to which point forcing them off you is no longer an option? This would satisfy people who either dislike rape OR like rape, and like combat rape. My suggestions for the grope stages: one handed grope, two handed grope, undress, two handed grope to clit/vagina rub, further undress, push down and rub with penis, then penetration.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I like messing with game files even though I have almost 0 coding knowledge, but I like breaking shit and/or fixing/editing stuff just to see what happens. I haven't had a look at the game files yet, but I want to mess around a bit to see if there's a way us players can fix the whole "resetting res and window mode upon death" issue by ourselves.

SECOND EDIT: Not sure if bug or mechanic, but the AOE of blast can kill you. It does at least 50 MP damage to you, even though you can run faster than the spell itself, and can walk through it mid flight no problemo.

THIRD EDIT: Even though it's not supposed to be a thing, there is a fair bit of clipping if you press N during sex.

FOURTH EDIT: I noticed that cum still disappears over time without the help of the spells, can it please remain indefinitely unless washed/removed?

FIFTH EDIT: Related to the second edit, the AOE kills you even if you're at 150 MP (aka 200 MP before casting). Also, fishmen attack way too fast, you're pretty much stunlocked for at least 100 MP worth of damage sometimes. Lastly, the animation where she has a magic-overloaded orgasm, the way she extends her arm is a bit weird.

Last edited:

pino

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, leave pregnancy the fuck out. Somehow there is this venn-diagram with an annoying cross-section of one circle labeled "Has pregnancy fetish" and another circle labeled "Very vocal and entitled".

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If they allow pregnancy then an option to disable it shouldn't be too hard.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, leave pregnancy the fuck out. Somehow there is this venn-diagram with an annoying cross-section of one circle labeled "Has pregnancy fetish" and another circle labeled "Very vocal and entitled".
... meaning? I don't recall ever seeing someone be as "vocal and entitiled" for getting pregnancy into a game they want, like you suggest. Everyone I've seen has often taken a middle ground and suggest a way to enable/disable.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Oi, no 'holy flame wars' in the thread, please! Don't make it into one of those other threads. The dev will decide what is to be in the game and that's that.

@DaBouncer: knew about the N button but missed the Y button. This one really lets you appreciate the animations and all the minor details Mithos put there. And turns out there are quite a few! So, well spotted and thank you.
The "N during sex" is probably not even supposed to happen - hence the clipping.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oi, no 'holy flame wars' in the thread, please! Don't make it into one of those other threads. The dev will decide what is to be in the game and that's that.

@DaBouncer: knew about the N button but missed the Y button. This one really lets you appreciate the animations and all the minor details Mithos put there. And turns out there are quite a few! So, well spotted and thank you.
The "N during sex" is probably not even supposed to happen - hence the clipping.
N during sex is more of a debug thing anyway, but I thought I'd mention it regardless.

Conundrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I was quite amused when I discovered that pressing N, Y, ', and F5 did things no mentioned anywhere in the game/game files. F5 especially is very trippy, and I decided to mess around with the debug menu. Pressing ' and then 4 causes it to close, making me believe it crashed since 4 is meant to be 'perception'.

Hmm, I found N and Y, but I can't seem to open the debug menu.
Are you using a US keyboard?
What options are in it anyway?

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hmm, I found N and Y, but I can't seem to open the debug menu.
Are you using a US keyboard?
What options are in it anyway?
I'm using a normal QWERTY keyboard, the debug menu is opened with the ' key. There's a few interesting things in there, but nothing that can count as a "debug cheat", it's mostly just stats, lines of text and other interesting things if you're into that. The only thing that you can really "interact" with from what I can tell is an unlocked debug camera.

Also, I suggest pressing F5. To turn it off, press F1.

Little Jack

Demon Girl
Reputation score

like i said, it might be
no pregnancy, i don't have a problem with that, i just hope there're more than just normal sex/ :D

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Pregnancy is actually a pretty good idea from a game design standpoint because it can be used as a penalty mechanic. Sex has to have consequences otherwise it doesn't really mean much, and simply getting killed by common attacks is somewhat boring.

The flip side of course is that if a game does have it, it then has a whole litany of other things that need to accompany it.

In this game however it may make a lot of sense. Currently if you die to an enemy AI, you have to start all the way from the beginning of the map, but lets say for example your health was below a certain threshold and you were caught and impregnated. The game could then transport you to a different map and hold you up while you give birth, you would regain your health back and not lose the progress you made before, but you'd lose some time due to the pregnancy. So it could be a sort of 'monopoly jail' type situation. It all depends on what the author wants the tone of the main character to be. She needs her personality to be fully fleshed out in her actions.

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Indeed. We don't know her personality, and frankly we don't know the plans for this game, so pregnancy may very well be impossible to implement.