What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Mithos56] Sorceress's Tale

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
true

you'll still get shit on by the hive mind who will tell you to pay for an unfinised.....let's just stop there.
Wow read between the fucking lines...

I never told anyone to not try to hunt for a free copy, I said don't brazenly beg for a free copy with the dev in the thread.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
who cares? this game still has never come from alpha 0.00012345
Umm the latest build he sent out was Oct. 17... Also, there was a gallery build he did just a few weeks ago. Check his patreon maybe and it's not like he has to update the free version for people who dont want to support him.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Umm the latest build he sent out was Oct. 17... Also, there was a gallery build he did just a few weeks ago. Check his patreon maybe and it's not like he has to update the free version for people who dont want to support him.
Part of getting people to support your project is to show the work you put in. Kind of a strange concept, I know. It's almost like people want to see a project they're interested in show progress that it's still being worked on rather than abandoned. Those entitled shits, thinking before they put money towards something! Why can't they be unthinking idiots like yourself? GAWD!

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Part of getting people to support your project is to show the work you put in. Kind of a strange concept, I know. It's almost like people want to see a project they're interested in show progress that it's still being worked on rather than abandoned. Those entitled shits, thinking before they put money towards something! Why can't they be unthinking idiots like yourself? GAWD!
Calm your fucking tits because I never said I'm supporting him atm! Also, you're right people are entitled little shits because how many of them do you think will just pirate it anyway, yet they are complaining that it's taking too long and such. If you'd stop talking your ass and look at his patreon page you'd see plenty of free posts of images and such that show what he is working on you dumb, moronic, idiot!

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Calm your fucking tits because I never said I'm supporting him atm!
Said every shill ever.

Also, you're right people are entitled little shits because how many of them do you think will just pirate it anyway,
I mean, this is entirely baseless. Show me the correlation between a project's readiness and the likelihood of it being pirated by a given community. Show me statistics, pie charts, etc with sources. I'm not taking your word for it on a subject you probably know nothing about.

yet they are complaining that it's taking too long and such.
Legitimate complaints, btw. For comparison, ToroToro Resistance is made up of mostly artists with probably a couple programmers and maybe a couple writers. They manage in 1-2 years to produce an rpgmaker game complete with galleries, etc. Bluepysax manages to produce in a year detailed models, environments, and text on his own while working a job. To their credit, the 2 guys behind MoGi produced something like 10 levels and 5-7 enemies within a year. Darogth, the guy who translated numerous monstergirl games, is currently working towards a (mostly complete) patch for MGQ:paradox Pt 2.

Basically, when people say "it's taking too long", it's not just them being jackasses. Historically, it's been shown that someone working part-time on a project can produce an impressive amount of work if they're committed. All too often, people put up a patreon with the lofty ideal of "I can do this" and then find out that it's a bit more than telling a program to do something. They then find gullible idiots in their supporters and try to bullshit about how much work is involved and how we should all be in awe of this massive undertaking.

If you'd stop talking your ass and look at his patreon page you'd see plenty of free posts of images and such that show what he is working on you dumb, moronic, idiot!
I don't care about his page. I care firstly about what content is available to me as a potential supporter, and what the majority of other would-be and/or current supporters feel about the project. If the majority says barely any progress has been made and it's not worth looking at, I make the decision not to invest. If the majority says it's good and it looks good, I then decide if it appeals to my tastes and make an investment if it does. You calling someone names, accusing them of being full of shit, etc only turns those people away from a project because it shows the community around it is toxic. I don't give two damns, either, if you actually aren't providing financial support. That you are in this thread demanding everyone check out the patreon is support, ergo inclusion into the project's community and thus providing the experience of toxicity towards non-supporters/naysayers.

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
> I mean, this is entirely baseless. Show me the correlation between a project's readiness and the likelihood of it being pirated by a given community. Show me statistics, pie charts, etc with sources. I'm not taking your word for it on a subject you probably know nothing about.

Not to be rude, but how the hell are you expecting him to produce statistical results for a clandestine activity?

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Said every shill ever.
Imma just ignore that.

I mean, this is entirely baseless. Show me the correlation between a project's readiness and the likelihood of it being pirated by a given community. Show me statistics, pie charts, etc with sources. I'm not taking your word for it on a subject you probably know nothing about.
Ok, how bout any anticipated game ever see how quickly it's already "shared" as soon as it's released. Hell, I think the nekonomeme game go pirated like 3 hours after it got released. You're also on a forum well known for "sharing" games unless the dev is involved in the thread. Heck check the fighting girl games by Umai neko, everytime he releases a patreon only update it pops up on this very site.

Legitimate complaints, btw. For comparison, ToroToro Resistance is made up of mostly artists with probably a couple programmers and maybe a couple writers. They manage in 1-2 years to produce an rpgmaker game complete with galleries, etc. Bluepysax manages to produce in a year detailed models, environments, and text on his own while working a job. To their credit, the 2 guys behind MoGi produced something like 10 levels and 5-7 enemies within a year. Darogth, the guy who translated numerous monstergirl games, is currently working towards a (mostly complete) patch for MGQ:paradox Pt 2.

Basically, when people say "it's taking too long", it's not just them being jackasses. Historically, it's been shown that someone working part-time on a project can produce an impressive amount of work if they're committed. All too often, people put up a patreon with the lofty ideal of "I can do this" and then find out that it's a bit more than telling a program to do something. They then find gullible idiots in their supporters and try to bullshit about how much work is involved and how we should all be in awe of this massive undertaking.
Ill admit you are right about that some people don't have very great time managment skills, or luck. Also, some people are just better and faster at things than others. I won't say it's complete bull shit though because even if someone else could get it done quicker does not mean that everyone is capable of doing the same.

I don't care about his page. I care firstly about what content is available to me as a potential supporter, and what the majority of other would-be and/or current supporters feel about the project. If the majority says barely any progress has been made and it's not worth looking at, I make the decision not to invest. If the majority says it's good and it looks good, I then decide if it appeals to my tastes and make an investment if it does. You calling someone names, accusing them of being full of shit, etc only turns those people away from a project because it shows the community around it is toxic. I don't give two damns, either, if you actually aren't providing financial support. That you are in this thread demanding everyone check out the patreon is support, ergo inclusion into the project's community and thus providing the experience of toxicity towards non-supporters/naysayers.
That makes no sense if you care what content is available his page is the only way you would know. Fuck what other people say and feel come up with your on opinion first hand by actually checking his page. What you want me to just do all the work for yall because yall to lazy to just do it yourself? Your the dumb nut who started shit with me be assuming that I was even in community, I'm using whats simply called common sense and I you're just not common now are you. I didn't attack anyone all I said was to check his page and he doesn't have to give out freebies if he doesn't want to.

YandereKun

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I can understand why people don't want to pay for Patreon. The logic is backwards - developers should be working hard to earn our money, not us paying them to work. Otherwise, you're essentially paying a monthly fee for vaporware as human nature is inherently lazy.

I'll personally stick with dlsite. More worthwhile to pay a single flat fee and get a final product that can satisfy me.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
That makes no sense if you care what content is available his page is the only way you would know.
How does it make no sense? Because you cannot fathom the idea that someone might preclude an investment of their time on something based on third-party opinion? Business 101, word-of-mouth is your strongest form of advertising. If people enjoy what you are selling, they are more likely to tell others about it and therein potentially generate greater revenue long-term. Not a hard concept to figure out or make sense of if you're a functioning adult.

Fuck what other people say and feel come up with your on opinion first hand by actually checking his page.
The problem with your point here is that it precludes I don't do my own thinking. I never said I don't form my own opinions on things. I said that I pay mind to the climate around something and decide whether or not to invest at all. If the climate is good, I then consider-based on my own tastes-whether I want to put something towards it. Going in half-cocked like you're suggesting is the height of ignorance and setting oneself up for failure. If the general consensus on jumping off a bridge were that it's a bad idea, you'd jump anyways just to prove everyone wrong, wouldn't you? And then when you go splat, you're still wrong. You're dead and wrong.

What you want me to just do all the work for yall because yall to lazy to just do it yourself?
I opened a topic for a guy I supported on patreon a while back and intermittently update the OP with content, etc. It generates free advertising and gets people to notice that the project exists. Now, whether they want to actually invest their time to check out the blog, patreon, etc and verify that it's to their tastes is on them. Hell, myself, the creator, and a few others have posted images and such from the game intermittently to show that not only is the project still be worked on, but it's also looking good. That kind of effort satisfies the current supporters and appeals to the would-be supporters. Also, the fact that the creator frequently updates his patreon and blog doesn't hurt.

Basically, if you're making a claim that progress has been made, I want to see it. Not just me, either. Show us the goods, or shut up. Demanding we do what you say with no motivation to do so only hurts your cause.

Your the dumb nut who started shit with me be assuming that I was even in community,
You're telling others to go to a page they have no motivation to check out and talking shit to and about them in defense of a project they themselves feel hasn't made any notable progress and isn't worth their time. Pretty damn sure you're a member of this project's community based on that analysis alone.

I'm using whats simply called common sense and I you're just not common now are you.
You're not using common sense. You're using the "make a jackass of myself until a mod arrives" strategy. And I'm a skeptic by nature. I don't jump blindly into something before making sure there isn't a dragon waiting to make a snack out of me. My skepticism clearly triggers you.

I didn't attack anyone all I said was to check his page and he doesn't have to give out freebies if he doesn't want to.
You came in here telling people to go check out his patreon like a good little shill and not to demand what was a bare-bones tech demo be updated. I'm not interested in investing time to see if that tech demo got a feature added if the creator isn't interested in jumping on this forum for 5 minutes to produce an update that I can personally check out and verify if it's up to snuff and worth my time. Sorry, but that's not good enough. THOUSANDS of creators on patreon already ask that much from me, and the smallest fraction actually make an effort to get me to check out their project on patreon.

Now, either produce some shots or stop de-railing this topic with your whiny child act.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
How does it make no sense? Because you cannot fathom the idea that someone might preclude an investment of their time on something based on third-party opinion? Business 101, word-of-mouth is your strongest form of advertising. If people enjoy what you are selling, they are more likely to tell others about it and therein potentially generate greater revenue long-term. Not a hard concept to figure out or make sense of if you're a functioning adult.
What I'm saying is that it sounds like your only basing it based of third-party opinion. Like how someone wouldn't even give a game a chance because people rated it a 5/10. You never know you may end up enjoying it even if others don't.

The problem with your point here is that it precludes I don't do my own thinking. I never said I don't form my own opinions on things. I said that I pay mind to the climate around something and decide whether or not to invest at all. If the climate is good, I then consider-based on my own tastes-whether I want to put something towards it. Going in half-cocked like you're suggesting is the height of ignorance and setting oneself up for failure. If the general consensus on jumping off a bridge were that it's a bad idea, you'd jump anyways just to prove everyone wrong, wouldn't you? And then when you go splat, you're still wrong. You're dead and wrong.
You're right I would because if I know and feel i'm right usually I am. I've had too many people who caused me to have set back in my life because a general consensus thinks its better if I do it their way.

I opened a topic for a guy I supported on patreon a while back and intermittently update the OP with content, etc. It generates free advertising and gets people to notice that the project exists. Now, whether they want to actually invest their time to check out the blog, patreon, etc and verify that it's to their tastes is on them. Hell, myself, the creator, and a few others have posted images and such from the game intermittently to show that not only is the project still be worked on, but it's also looking good. That kind of effort satisfies the current supporters and appeals to the would-be supporters. Also, the fact that the creator frequently updates his patreon and blog doesn't hurt.

Basically, if you're making a claim that progress has been made, I want to see it. Not just me, either. Show us the goods, or shut up. Demanding we do what you say with no motivation to do so only hurts your cause.
Look at the page there shows progress I don't know how to make it easier for you. If I wanted to represent him I would post it up and be a good little "shill" as you say but you're making it sound like he doesn't give weekly updates so wtf are you getting at?

You're telling others to go to a page they have no motivation to check out and talking shit to and about them in defense of a project they themselves feel hasn't made any notable progress and isn't worth their time. Pretty damn sure you're a member of this project's community based on that analysis alone.

You know what yes that's exactly what I'm saying because if you don't have the motivation just to check something for yourself you have not a single right to spread false rumors and accusations.Then that's on them but don't come here complaining because they don't see any progress when they can just look at his page for "FREE" and see that he has posted up images and tech shit. What I'm not understanding is how you're saying he has made no progress.

You're not using common sense. You're using the "make a jackass of myself until a mod arrives" strategy. And I'm a skeptic by nature. I don't jump blindly into something before making sure there isn't a dragon waiting to make a snack out of me. My skepticism clearly triggers you.

I'm a skeptic too I just give everyone benefit of doubt. I'll tell you what triggered me it was this comment: "Those entitled shits, thinking before they put money towards something! Why can't they be unthinking idiots like yourself? GAWD!" If you don't want to support it don't but don't act like its a dead project.

You came in here telling people to go check out his patreon like a good little shill and not to demand what was a bare-bones tech demo be updated. I'm not interested in investing time to see if that tech demo got a feature added if the creator isn't interested in jumping on this forum for 5 minutes to produce an update that I can personally check out and verify if it's up to snuff and worth my time. Sorry, but that's not good enough. THOUSANDS of creators on patreon already ask that much from me, and the smallest fraction actually make an effort to get me to check out their project on patreon.

Now, either produce some shots or stop de-railing this topic with your whiny child act.
So how do you or anyone else have the right to demand he update a demo he put out for free or that someone update the thread with info? you can't take 2 mins to just go on and look for yourself. You the one acting like a damned spoiled brat wanting to be spoon-fed.

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I always find it amusing how on forums like this, there is a specific format for arguments. It really makes it quite easy to follow the drama, i appreciate the organization.

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Look, all you need to know is, I used to support this dude, but the only reason I don't anymore is

a) He's getting too carried away with things like combat overhauls and scene beautification.
b) I'll admit he makes some damn fine animations but goddamn has it been forever since the last one
c) Even back before he started overhauling, the gameplay was still just... Meh. Didn't see potential there tbh. And now he's going back to drawing board to retool it but it just feels like wasted effort when the animation is the most important bit

So yeah, stopped, wasn't getting my moneys worth

laugh

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Man! the drama escalated quickly, I'm fairly sure I'm going between 4/5 different threads with the exact same arguments going on about patreon.

Anyway I just keep an eye on things and pledge here and there if I want a build and/or to look over posts that were behind the patreon pay wall. Worst thing I can say is having every post on patreon not viewable. You know it's nice to see how things are progressing, instead of just seeing a blurb of the game and then nothing else and I know sometimes seeing behind the scenes is part of what some people pay for.

Really like the work that's being done by mithos56 even if I am sitting on the sideline most of the time.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The thread got a little heated, so it scared me off for a bit, but I did want to say that I'm still very much working on this game.

I took some time to fix a few things that weren't working gameplay wise, and try to make the game a little more interesting to play. In that time I've also added some more enemies, and have started working on building a town as well. Its slow progress, cause I'm alone on it, but I just wanted to let people know this is very much something that I'm still working daily on!

I don't want to clog everything up with images and gifs, but that stuff can be seen in my weekly updates on patreon. I don't put those behind any type of paywall, cause I want people to be able to see what I've been doing before they decide to support me or not. However if you do want some images I can post them here as well!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Well that's good to know.
Unfortunately this thread's OP is not up to standard. It requires a better gameplay description and controls. PM either myself, Darkfire or Jesus with an updated OP or when you have updated the OP.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm working on my Game Sorceress's Tale, formally known by its working title, Magical Investigations

Sorceress's Tale is a 3d adventure game developed in Unreal Engine.
You play as the sorceress Meridiana, as she takes on various adventures in a fantasy world. As a sorceress, Meridiana is skilled in the use of magic, but she is also apt at using her succubus like allure to charm enemies, and make them do her (sometimes sexy) bidding. Charmed enemies can even be drained(sexily) for additional magic power and/or temporary abilities. Though she is skilled sorceress, Meridiana can also be quite stealthy as needed, giving the player different approaches to combat.

While the controls are still being finalized, currently:
Use WASD to move
E to use/interact
left and right mouse button to use attacks
Shift to dash, space to jump
and ctrl to sneak.

Basic gameplay is to move throughout the level, defeating or avoiding enemies as you move towards the goal. The player can also charm enemies and make them take actions on their behalf, or have sex with them to gain additional magic power/health.

The game will feature sex between humans and various humanoid creatures(Right now its mostly goblins), as well as sex between humans and tentacles.

I do weekly updates of my progress on the game, and these are viewable by anyone. If you want to support the game, you can do so through my patreon:

You can see a few SFW videos of mechanics and such in action on my youtube channel:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
OP updated, thread moved back and reopened.

janlanderehrenmann

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
can someone send the current link to download this game- really support it great work.