What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Ayame's Adventure - Public Demo Release

I'm sorry, but what did they do that so offended you? Were you eagerly waiting for the demo that entire time?

The actual demo was very well done, except for the city being confusing as all hell to walk around. However, considering how their game is intended to play out with understanding the scope of the city, I can understand why they designed such a large space.
And all the areas will be used multiple times as there's already scenes for this game and future ones planned for them.

flarglberg

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So this means that the entire city will be used in Fleeting Iris (aka Ayame's Adventure) and then again as the basic set up for every game after except the one in space?

If so, bold. Good luck and cheers. Hoping for updates soon!

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm sorry, but what did they do that so offended you? Were you eagerly waiting for the demo that entire time?

The actual demo was very well done, except for the city being confusing as all hell to walk around. However, considering how their game is intended to play out with understanding the scope of the city, I can understand why they designed such a large space.
they cashed in between 40-45k dollar for a lousy demo, thats a huge amount of money, if you don't see a problem with that, I don't know.
The thing is they keep giving non-updates every month, to keep the patreons calm (and paying). This game is a massive scam and it's disgusting that it gets advertised on this forum.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

they cashed in between 40-45k dollar for a lousy demo, thats a huge amount of money, if you don't see a problem with that, I don't know.
The thing is they keep giving non-updates every month, to keep the patreons calm (and paying). This game is a massive scam and it's disgusting that it gets advertised on this forum.
It's actually 450k, and I own multiple lamborghinis.

Also, I've seen games that people pay 20$ for which are smaller than our demo.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It's actually 450k, and I own multiple lamborghinis.

Also, I've seen games that people pay 20$ for which are smaller than our demo.
Jeez man, that interrupts the narrative he's got going on in his head.

I do think it's tough though when you're preparing an area to flesh out for a larger game (or series of games, as is your studios' plan) because the amount of time invested in creating this large city is not apparent as of yet. Hopefully once all of that backend work is completed we'll be able to see the actual H content roll out in a reasonable time though. The demo was pretty well done in my opinion, so I'm not sure what he's got his head screwed on wrong about.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Jeez man, that interrupts the narrative he's got going on in his head.

I do think it's tough though when you're preparing an area to flesh out for a larger game (or series of games, as is your studios' plan) because the amount of time invested in creating this large city is not apparent as of yet. Hopefully once all of that backend work is completed we'll be able to see the actual H content roll out in a reasonable time though. The demo was pretty well done in my opinion, so I'm not sure what he's got his head screwed on wrong about.
It's hard to evaluate how much time it takes to do custom tilesets, sprites, having to work and put together all the planning, scripting, story, mapping, voice actress, CG artist, soundtrack, etc. etc. etc. and making sure everyone is doing their part. A project this ambitious has never been done, but we can succeed to do something incredible, or fail monumentally.

...I'd like to believe it's the first

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It's hard to evaluate how much time it takes to do custom tilesets, sprites, having to work and put together all the planning, scripting, story, mapping, voice actress, CG artist, soundtrack, etc. etc. etc. and making sure everyone is doing their part. A project this ambitious has never been done, but we can succeed to do something incredible, or fail monumentally.

...I'd like to believe it's the first
Or repeat Breading Season - ie Harvest money and bug out.

But I will always say it is not the con to blame but idiots who belive him.

PS. And I dont mean it will be like that in this case, but such possibility exist

Last edited:

finalizer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this thread going to get shut down again lol

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So is the public demo the only thing that's been released even to the people who've supported monthly?

Just wondering because I would be interested in supporting something like this, but not if there's no reason to. However, if the money is going in and nothing is coming out, please explain to me why I should donate?

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So is the public demo the only thing that's been released even to the people who've supported monthly?

Just wondering because I would be interested in supporting something like this, but not if there's no reason to. However, if the money is going in and nothing is coming out, please explain to me why I should donate?
You donate, because you have a thought like this:

"Woah, this project sounds awesome, I wish to support this" *Pledges*

So the definition of "no reason" is quite wide i'd say. Perhaps nothing is coming out, but if they are making progress, that means money ain't going to waste.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll explain.

We added a patch after the public demo that had two more days with three different routes (so you could spend the 2 more days in 3 different ways which adds technically, to six more days).

We added a unique reflection system which caused a conflict with the light system, so it created a bug to some people and not others, no idea why, we had to remove one of them.

We drastically changed the UI, starting menu, and added the voice acting with one of the biggest names in the scene.

The profile menu now shows profiles of every characters you meet and it changes depending how your relationship with that person changes.

We now have a fully functional CG room and debug room.

We added up to 40 new original sprites and created NPC's for 9 different areas.

Currently we're adding 5 more days which will be the next patch with 4 new hentai scenes.

It will come out before the end of the month, sometime mid next week.

So yeah, to some people that's the definition of nothing, and we're making 200k a month and I drive a multitude of sports cars.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'll explain.

We added a patch after the public demo that had two more days with three different routes (so you could spend the 2 more days in 3 different ways which adds technically, to six more days).

We added a unique reflection system which caused a conflict with the light system, so it created a bug to some people and not others, no idea why, we had to remove one of them.

We drastically changed the UI, starting menu, and added the voice acting with one of the biggest names in the scene.

The profile menu now shows profiles of every characters you meet and it changes depending how your relationship with that person changes.

Currently we're adding 5 more days which will be the next patch with 4 new hentai scenes.

So yeah, to some people that's the definition of nothing, and we're making 200k a month and I drive a multitude of sports cars.
I don't care what you drive or how much you make. So you say there's a patch with more content for people that have supported you and it's already released? That's all I needed to hear. That's not nothing. But just poking through the tread and on the patron site, I didn't see anything about said patch, and that's why I decided to ask.

sybozo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'll explain.

No offence, putting how much you're making a month or driving a sports car doesn't really make any difference, it feels like you're bragging rather than telling the non-patreons why we should be a patreon of yours, I know the game is pretty good but that aside, just to clarify,

obviously patreons would get the demo first then to the non-patreons right?
A person who is a patreon who donate $10 will get the demo first, then the $1 patreon and then the non-patreons, right?

When and what will be your date of goal for a full game completion?
January 2017? January 2018?

Also if you don't mind, would be great if you update on the first post about FAQ regarding about patreon here.

Last edited:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

No offence, putting how much you're making a month or driving a sports car doesn't really make any difference, it feels like you're bragging rather than telling the non-patreons why we should be a patreon of yours,
Wait, you think he's serious about how much he makes/sports cars? If you can't comprehend sarcasm that's your fault, not his.

TankHunter678

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess my question would be, when will the public demo be updated with the extra days and scenes?

Crza

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, a lot of you need to chill the hell out.

Patreon is to support the artist, you support him, not the game, or the exclusivity of a demo. Next you all are gonna start getting mad that you don't get thanked by homeless people when you donate to Salvation Army. You're supposed to be doing good for the indie development community, there's your reward, anything extra is gravy.

Nr123

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Patreon is to support the artist, you support him, not the game, or the exclusivity of a demo. Next you all are gonna start getting mad that you don't get thanked by homeless people when you donate to Salvation Army. You're supposed to be doing good for the indie development community, there's your reward, anything extra is gravy.

leave this here undertand meaning Patreon

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I thought the idea was to support the game? And I'm chill. I just don't want to support something that won't produce results in a timely manner. Supporting $10 a month for 12+ months? I could buy 2-3 games from non-indie developers with that same money. I've seen some people make games which I thought were very well done and thought out and had great story/plot/graphics and they had releases every month or every other month. Or I've seen people who've already made successful games go on to make more games, those people have established themselves and I don't mind putting money into their projects because I know that something will come from them.

And I'm assuming it was a joke about the sports car and how much he makes monthly, so I don't mind. I just wanted to know if there were further updates for those who support and it seems to be the answer was yes. So, that's the end of it. I'm not fighting or trying to argue. I'm just merely stating what I'm comfortable with.

sybozo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wait, you think he's serious about how much he makes/sports cars? If you can't comprehend sarcasm that's your fault, not his.
Well, sorry, I didn't even know if it was sarcasm. It's hard to tell if people are being sarcastic on a forum.

"So yeah, to some people that's the definition of nothing, and we're making 200k a month and I drive a multitude of sports cars."
I mean sorry for the misunderstanding but it's just that if he did state

"to some people that's the definition of nothing, they would say they're making 200k a month and drive a multitude of sports car"

or if he was referring to himself he should had said

"to some people that's the definition of nothing, and we would be making 200k a month and I would drive a multitude of sports cars."

Then I would understand

I just don't want to support something that won't produce results in a timely manner. Supporting $10 a month for 12+ months? I could buy 2-3 games from non-indie developers with that same money. I've seen some people make games which I thought were very well done and thought out and had great story/plot/graphics and they had releases every month or every other month. Or I've seen people who've already made successful games go on to make more games, those people have established themselves and I don't mind putting money into their projects because I know that something will come from them.
^^ this is the same thinking I have in mind

Last edited: