What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Ayame's Adventure - Public Demo Release

also tried the dmeo and found the daily routine to go out working etc. feels "realistic" and thats nice. just a quick question: Will the game be on DLSite or just for patreons or also free for everyone when its finished? I am too lazy to check the dozens of sites on the other post sorry ^^
Haven't decided yet, to be fair it's not something that worries us right now as the monetary incentive is necessary and so far the support has been amazing but we have to put in work, PERIOD, that's all we're focused on right now, working.

If we were channeled towards profit we would just release any half-assed demo with one scene and a poorly designed map and shit story, or release a public version a long time ago to gather more patreons but that's not how we operate. There's really a ton of Patreons with extremely shitty games that I couldn't stomach to finish out there making over 1K+ dollars, with story and mapping that could be done by a 8 year old me and 3D art.

Yes, we need money to live and to work the hours we do on the game, yes it's awesome, but I think that our patreons are people that really support us, that don't mind that we take our time to do something GREAT, because like I said in Yummy's thread, if you want an average game, you have to wait an average amount of time, if you want an amazing game, just add one and one. People have no idea how much time we've spent on our game, every time someone says "I'd take like 5 minutes to do X thing you have in your game", and it took us DAYS, I just can't help but instantly hit ignore on that person and move on, because a lot of people like to talk, but then when it comes their turn to put their money where their mouth is we all know how it ends.

It's hard to say "wait for it, it's gonna be amazing and the story is going to get much more awesome" and then not being able to back it up without spoiling, and I'm not gonna do that because we have so many surprises reserved that take the spectrum of the game to be so much more than just another Hentai game that it kills me a bit inside not being able to share it, all for the community's good!

We're always thinking on ways to show appreciation for our Patreons, we have decided in the future after studying where we can get it for cheaper, etc. to make dakimakuras, figurines, t-shirts, unique signed drawings, etc. for our longest supporters, but in the end, patreons going to come and go, and some stay for a looooooong time, some people get behind us, some people don't, as long as we have enough money to eat and pay bills, working is going to keep being our focus, not money, in the end, money doesn't make you happy, but seeing something so awesome that is your creation growing and people enjoying it and giving you positive feedback, that's priceless.

If I wanted money I'd have stayed in my old job writing programs and administrating networks making 4.5k a month, in Portugal, where the minimum wage is like 500 bucks. When the time comes, who knows, maybe it even comes out for free, let's face it, probably not, possibly yes, depends on what the patreons think of it and if they think they're getting their money's worth, maybe we can do a special version for patreons only with a few more scenes, next game for free, admin tools, whatever, it's not something that we shouldn't be deciding right now.

Shit that was a mouthful.

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

oh wtf such a long answer :D dont get me wrong it was no critic towards you. I just wanted to know. I will just calmly wait and buy the game when its out (if you sell it) and until then i will just play other games. you are doing a good job and i like your game so far. keep up the good work!

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh wtf such a long answer :D dont get me wrong it was no critic towards you. I just wanted to know. I will just calmly wait and buy the game when its out (if you sell it) and until then i will just play other games. you are doing a good job and i like your game so far. keep up the good work!
I didn't take it as a critic my friend, I just wanted to give you the long reason behind why we didn't think about that yet, instead of going "no plans". ;)

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You mentioned giving the player some additional choices during Melvin's plot-line. Does that mean there will be changes to how thing play out in future versions of the game?

When Ayame was talking with the manager and told him she would try and stop Melvin from abusing his personnel, I was hoping we'll be given the choice to keep up with his harassment, so she could expose him later on. Yet it turned out to be the usual "blackmailing the naive girl" scenario.

Would be great to have some different angles to approach the situation.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You mentioned giving the player some additional choices during Melvin's plot-line. Does that mean there will be changes to how thing play out in future versions of the game?

When Ayame was talking with the manager and told him she would try and stop Melvin from abusing his personnel, I was hoping we'll be given the choice to keep up with his harassment, so she could expose him later on. Yet it turned out to be the usual "blackmailing the naive girl" scenario.

Would be great to have some different angles to approach the situation.
Yes, some of the story will be "re-written" and we already explained that on Patreon even before this version was released there, the blowjob scene will revert to a handjob scene, which you can refuse or not to do, basically Ayame will have a few situations in which she will be able to refuse Melvin, but the deeper she goes, the harder she will have to work to get herself out of it, but some characters are willing to help her.

Deleted member 39802

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

wow that really seems like a great advance to the game. i think i never played a game where it gets harder to get out of some situation. mostly its just continuing with the storyline or advance with it and the images just get in that specific way.

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

this demo left me with a bad impression regarding the devs. It was supposed to come out november/december 2015 and now 6-7 months later there are still typos and bugs inside. The city is a ghosttown, the gameplay is dull (walk from A to B and repeat). Frankly i think this demo was rushed and you put too little workhours in. Im not saying the demo is shit, it was decent with good art but the story seems to be the imagination of a teenager.
So you keep saying you want to implement voice acting, DLC's, make 4 full games, etc. but honestly when you need 14 months to release a simple demo, there is no reason to fool people around.
Talk is cheap and right now you are gaining a lot of money just with empty promises.

pedomudkip

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just finished playing the demo.

Definitely digging the music, god damn I'm so tired of listening to the typical HRPG music that my ears would start bleeding soon.

Here's my list of what I dig and what I don't dig.

Pros:

-Music, nuff said

-Art, do I even have to say anything regarding this department?

-HUUUUGE custom map

Nitpicks:
-Inconsistent writing 5-8 years

-Subsequent typos here and there which isn't too much of a problem but one dialogue was pretty much of an eyesore with the 'Ayame<xxxxx' or somewhere along those lines.

-Custom maps but almost 90% of them are empty.

-Previous text button? Was pretty much meshing the usual keys in an attempt to read the previous text but nope

Cons:

To be completely honest, it was a little bit of a letdown. The story is generic with the usual cast of characters falling into typical archetypes that you can easily find in almost any other ntr games; dumb protag, horny rabbits neighbours, pervert boss, etc etc. But I don't really have too much of an issue with that but rather, I would just like to ask a question.

Is the current demo that you're planning to release on the 5th, all of your work that you have completed from the time you started your patreon page until now? If that is the case, I would be sorely disappointed because it just seems 'too little' for more than a year worth of work, if you know what I mean.

Custom maps, great. But almost all of them are empty. Look at all of these objects that I wish to inspect but are yet to be implemented just yet. I'm a programmer myself and I understand how hard it is to develop a program let alone a game but I almost want to say, 'at this pace of progress, the full game is going to come out at 2020 or something'.

edit: perhaps I'm disappointed because of the high expectations and hype contouring around this project. But the game was fairly linear in my opinion as well. Day 1: Travel point A to point B and work and see event. Day 2: Travel point A to point B again and work. I just wish that there was more choices to make it seem less linear.

itzaguy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

ITT: People expecting a Pulitzer prize winning NTR game breaking all the tropes of NTR yet still remaining an NTR game. NTR is a fantasy, its not real life. Of course there is gonna be some suspension of disbelief. No one easily blackmailed unless they are stupid, coerced, or subconsciously want it.

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The way I see it: pretty girl being molested by boss, neighbor and whoever else it's in the game, it's the best way to make these games. Anything besides that ,it always falls flat. Ayame's Adventure , Aylia's story , Virgin island, WT, and now that Home invasion game in which you corrupt your sisters. I think that you did a fantastic job with the game. Hope you won't put much focus on the husband :D. And is the next update coming out 05.06 ? sry 4 my english

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

. Hope you won't put much focus on the husband :D. And is the next update coming out 05.06 ? sry 4 my english
actually, I hope you do make it so the husband gets stomping jealous mad when he finds out ayame has been playing hide the weanie with other guys if that's the route she choses to go. too many of these kind of games makes the husband look like a complete idiot.

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

actually, I hope you do make it so the husband gets stomping jealous mad when he finds out ayame has been playing hide the weanie with other guys if that's the route she choses to go. too many of these kind of games makes the husband look like a complete idiot.
maybe he is I dunno. what I do know is that the scenes with the boss are where the money's at imo ^^.

flarglberg

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So after the long wait, I finally got around to playing the demo! :D My initial thoughts are very positive. First of all, you can tell that a shit ton of work went into this product. The map design, and custom RPG Maker pixelation, menu set up and various features should strike anyone as an obvious labor of love (or cash, whatever). Really, way to go! The demo really makes me excited for the rest of the game, which is definitely what it's supposed to do.

Just a couple of things that stood out (comments, critiques, etc.). Please take any of my comments with tons of salt:

1) Coffee is spelled wrong (as "coffe") in the initial cafe scenes. I think someone mentioned this before though, but it happens multiple times in the scene, not just once.

2) After Robert says who his best man will be, the text spills over out of the screen. I know this stuff if hard to control, but thought I would let you know since you wanna make money off this thing.

3) After getting the job at 7/11 (as in the assignment in the town hall) the Ayame name box disappears and is replaced with regular text that says <\Ayame>. I think you're just missing an "n" there.

4) Unless I'm crazy the Jack's Garage map and the 7/11 map don't seem to link. Maybe the guide map should be changed?

5) Maybe make the bus stops more obvious (and warn people that they're going to lose 2 zek before they say ok)? I had a hard time knowing what to look out for for a while.

6) Can't wait for the city to actually be filled. Right now it seems a bit too spooky. Also, its huge. Will the count down to the wedding be when the game ends? Because if so I have no idea how you'll cover the whole geography of the city that's been developed. Just curious.

7) Is it ever going to matter that Ayame leaves the gate open every morning and that I have no way to close it? That Rufus is one well behaved animal.

8) Please don't take this the wrong way, (since I know your team was largely responsible for the translation and additions) but this game really seems like a replica of To H... but a bit more American. Of course I know they're probably going to end up worlds apart and that NTR is not exactly an easy category to innovate in, but I had a hard time shaking that thought.

9) Hilariously little use of the inventory in the demo. Will they (the tons of outfits listed on the patreon) be similar to the apron situation (situation specific) or will it all be a bit more general?

Again, I think this has a lot of potential, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes. Best of luck to the whole team!

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

4) Unless I'm crazy the Jack's Garage map and the 7/11 map don't seem to link. Maybe the guide map should be changed?

5) Maybe make the bus stops more obvious (and warn people that they're going to lose 2 zek before they say ok)? I had a hard time knowing what to look out for for a while.

6) Can't wait for the city to actually be filled. Right now it seems a bit too spooky. Also, its huge. Will the count down to the wedding be when the game ends? Because if so I have no idea how you'll cover the whole geography of the city that's been developed. Just curious.

7) Is it ever going to matter that Ayame leaves the gate open every morning and that I have no way to close it? That Rufus is one well behaved animal.

8) Please don't take this the wrong way, (since I know your team was largely responsible for the translation and additions) but this game really seems like a replica of To H... but a bit more American. Of course I know they're probably going to end up worlds apart and that NTR is not exactly an easy category to innovate in, but I had a hard time shaking that thought.

9) Hilariously little use of the inventory in the demo. Will they (the tons of outfits listed on the patreon) be similar to the apron situation (situation specific) or will it all be a bit more general?
Hey man, thanks for the bug report and feedback, I appreciate it a lot. Most of the bugs that you mentioned (stuff getting off the screen, typos) have been fixed, most of them were only in the game due to last minute changes on the dialogue, there were a few changes that we didn't have time to check.

A4: They used to, they don't now, that's why we warned people that it was mostly up to date, but not really, for instance, in future versions the hospital will also not link to the red light district and we want to make the Park easier to navigate or create alternatives on foot.

A5: We're going to create a few more tutorials with pictures, also pointing out the keys to hide text, text skip, etc. etc.

A6: We have some ideas for interactions, some more fun to watch, others more dull, others that might lead to hentai scenes and even minigames. Wedding is on the 60th (So far).

A7: No plans :eek:

A8: Hard to not look similar in such a "short" amount of time, it will be different, somewhat, it's a NTR game, hard to be TOO different, but I agree that so far it feels like almost a copy.

A9: More or less, a few differences.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I was pretty sure the dog would escape if I leave the door open. Maybe not in the demo, but it seems like a rather easy way to build a side quest from it. I'm surprised to see there are no plans for such an event.
And you can close the door.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was pretty sure the dog would escape if I leave the door open. Maybe not in the demo, but it seems like a rather easy way to build a side quest from it. I'm surprised to see there are no plans for such an event.
And you can close the door.
That's actually a nice idea, and it's easily doable, we just had no plans for it so far. I think Issac mentioned it once during brainstorm but nothing too concrete.

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's actually a nice idea, and it's easily doable, we just had no plans for it so far. I think Issac mentioned it once during brainstorm but nothing too concrete.

Maybe dog can run away to the slums, where she won't go now :D

Anyway, about the game (demo)...
Yeah it's short and town is pretty much empthy. I thought there will be more stuff, like bus grope you mentioned before... It's not bad, i have only one question... Is this the final public v. you will release or there will be more? Like for other games, where they post outdated game to public and new v.'s for patreons...

Last edited:

Kabokle

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hello!
Long time lurker, and I usually don't post that much, but hey, I'll do it now! :)

I loved the demo. A huge map, dialogues and well-built situations, awesome art, and even though people are saying its cliche, I feel like the characters are actually very original, and they behave in a more "realistic" way than what we're used to on H-games (with NTR, that is).

Might starting supporting you guys on Patreon soon. Looking forward to more corruption (and Slums scenes!). :p

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You can close the gate, at least I was able to in the demo. After you exit the gate, turn around so your just below the open gateway and hit the 'USE' key ('Z' by default) and this should then close the gate.

I also agree that the dog should escape and be a side/mini quest to find/rescue/recover, with differing outcomes based on player choices.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can close the gate, at least I was able to in the demo. After you exit the gate, turn around so your just below the open gateway and hit the 'USE' key ('Z' by default) and this should then close the gate.

I also agree that the dog should escape and be a side/mini quest to find/rescue/recover, with differing outcomes based on player choices.
Yeah, we're planning on it, that's why we didn't want to say that our story was set in stone, we have most of the hentai scenes and story written, but there's always time for some cool changes.