What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Ayame's Adventure - Public Demo Release

ive already read some scary shit about W10. if I could downgrade I would, but shit comes on new puters and from what I understand, either most of the components that's installed don't work with earlier versions of windows or theres a lot involved to switch it.
Components should work with any OS (within reason, you will run into issues if you do something ridiculous like trying to install Win 3.1 on a modern system. I'd recommend 7 if you downgrade, -maybe- 8). If you mean pre-installed programs and the like, then yeah, some of those probably won't work. You'd need to reinstall everything after formatting anyways though. Most of the incompatible software would be microsoft stuff, and newer microsoft stuff generally pops up a warning during install if you're using too old an OS, so it's probably more doable than you're thinking. Assuming you're willing to spend the time to actually do it.

BNavigator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ive already read some scary shit about W10. if I could downgrade I would, but shit comes on new puters and from what I understand, either most of the components that's installed don't work with earlier versions of windows or theres a lot involved to switch it.
Well take the negative writing with a grain of salt, some of it is actual negatives, but a lot is just people looking for reasons to hate it.
It is a new OS that's changed up a number of things, but from my experience I haven't actually seen very many program incompatibilities, except from a few really old programs that also had issues with Windows 7.
As far as downgrading goes, I have no experience with it, but most of the underlying design of Windows 10 is nearly the same as Windows 8, so there shouldn't actually be many programs that aren't backward compatible, other than anything built into the OS itself.

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I must be crazy, but I actually like WIN10... On another note, the game worked perfect for me and I didn't suffer from any problems whilst using this OS :).

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well, Ive run every compatibility mode and done the trouble shooter and it still don't work, funny how I played through the game before without any problems. idk what happened, it starts but then closes when I click on the exe, no error report or anything. maybe its W10 and maybe not. but anyway, thx for your opinions guys.

BNavigator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well, Ive run every compatibility mode and done the trouble shooter and it still don't work, funny how I played through the game before without any problems. idk what happened, it starts but then closes when I click on the exe, no error report or anything. maybe its W10 and maybe not. but anyway, thx for your opinions guys.
Hmm, That's occasionally happened to me with various programs, but it's usually a one off thing that doesn't repeat after either a reboot or using the task manager to turn it off in the background, or it's turned out to be my antivirus returning a false positive. Well or sometimes a Japanese game will only play when the system is set to Japanese.

Anyways here's hoping the solution appears.

lithir

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have the same problem with windows 8.1

Diego

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No problems with Windows 10 here.

Lucy Heartfillia

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i using win 10 since official release, havent seen any issues with it...
also great game, character adorable :p

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does Windows 10 have some sort of UAC? User control or something (the thing that asks you for a permission in case you run a game).

I assume you tried basic stuff like running in admin mode, etc.

Wish I could get my hands on a computer where the game doesn't work T_T

I'll drop by my brother's house today and play the game there, hope it crashes.

Do you get one of these:

"Game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" or "RGSS3 Player has stopped working"

We're also going to make two new versions with two new scripts that supposedly address crashing issues, people that are getting it PLEASE PM ME!

Last edited:

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does Windows 10 have some sort of UAC? User control or something (the thing that asks you for a permission in case you run a game).
yes ive switch user permissions and tried running in admin, even redownloaded a new copy :confused:.

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I have the same problem with windows 8.1
Runs fine for me on 8.1, provided I turn off my anti-virus (I use AVG which shuts it down with no notification, I believe the false positive has to do with the anti-ripping stuff for the sprites/tilesets). I'd recommend disabling internet any time you turn an anti-virus off though, just to be on the safe side, and running a scan before you reconnect. Rarely hurts to play it safe.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Runs fine for me on 8.1, provided I turn off my anti-virus (I use AVG which shuts it down with no notification, I believe the false positive has to do with the anti-ripping stuff for the sprites/tilesets). I'd recommend disabling internet any time you turn an anti-virus off though, just to be on the safe side, and running a scan before you reconnect. Rarely hurts to play it safe.
Seconded.

And yes, it's the protection causing false-positives. I'm pretty sure it might be it causing the crashes as well...

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sorry for all the commotion, it was my anti virus. cant understand why the game ran fine before tho.

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

sorry for all the commotion, it was my anti virus. cant understand why the game ran fine before tho.
Quite possibly the AV updated it's definition files, and some file/aspect of the game is coming up as 'bad' due to the new definition and thus the game is failing.

Most AV's give you the ability to set up 'exclusions', which would then exclude those programs/processes from being checked by the AV. If your AV has this, then I'd recommend adding the game to that list... this way you'll be able to play the game without having to completely shut the AV down every time you want to do so.

You might also want to contact the company that manages/runs/creates the AV regarding the false-positive on this game, or state the AV your using here to allow hrpgheaven the choice/chance to contact them.

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

When it is all done will we be able to actually do what we want like going to the slums even when told not to go back?

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You might also want to contact the company that manages/runs/creates the AV regarding the false-positive on this game, or state the AV your using here to allow hrpgheaven the choice/chance to contact them.
I just set it up to run with my AV, atleast I don't have to turn it off to play the game anymore.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When it is all done will we be able to actually do what we want like going to the slums even when told not to go back?
Yes.

ltpika

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Do you have an image of the whole map? I got lost and can't find my way out

Shiri garu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do you have an image of the whole map? I got lost and can't find my way out
in your downloaded Ayame's Adventure game, inside the folder where you see your data folders and the game's exe. There is a PNG image called "DemoMap", click on that. I hope this helps.

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there an estimated release date for the next Demo (or will the next update be the whole game?)
Don't want to push you, but it is hard to find high quality rpgs + in english too.
So I am kinda hyped whenever it will come out :)