What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Ayame's Adventure - Public Demo Release

@Predator

As far as I know this isn't an RPG game...

I think he said one of the chapters or another game set in this world will be an RPG game tho.

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@kR1pt0n1t3
Oh sorry if that confused you, I don't say rpg for "Roleplay game".

Rpg games for me are everything that looks like its made of RPG-Maker(Doesn't have to be made of RPG maker, just have to look like it).
I have my "little" gamescreen and move my character with the arrows.

And that's what Ayame's Adventure is, my little gamescreen with me moving the character with the arrow-keys in a 2d(more or less 2d) world.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

And in truth, RPG means 'role-playing game', so a game in which you take on a role. In Oblivion/Skyrim games, that role is whatever you want your character to be. In games like Witcher or Far Cry, that role you take is a pre built character that you are experiencing the story through the eyes of. Both are RPG's, just of a different fashion. I would call Ayame's Adventure a role playing game because you take on the role of being Ayame and making her choices throughout these experiences.

Also, saying RPG game is literally saying Role Playing Game game, which is silly.

Sorta like saying ATM machine or PIN number.

Abelproo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the gifts image is a nc touch love it :D

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

And in truth, RPG means 'role-playing game', so a game in which you take on a role. In Oblivion/Skyrim games, that role is whatever you want your character to be. In games like Witcher or Far Cry, that role you take is a pre built character that you are experiencing the story through the eyes of. Both are RPG's, just of a different fashion. I would call Ayame's Adventure a role playing game because you take on the role of being Ayame and making her choices throughout these experiences.

Also, saying RPG game is literally saying Role Playing Game game, which is silly.

Sorta like saying ATM machine or PIN number.
By that definition (almost) every game would be a RPG.
In Halo you take on the role of the Master Chief, for example, but it still isn't defined as a Role Playing Game. I agree about Ayame's Adventure being a RPG though, since it has character development and decision making, which is what I expect of one. Sure, there is no fighting and stuff but is imho not necessary.

orcaki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

nice game
i realy liked your demo

what is the release date if there is any

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Apologies if this was answered already. I used the search function but I didn't get any results. Does the game take place entirely from Ayame's perspective or do you switch to other characters?

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Apologies if this was answered already. I used the search function but I didn't get any results. Does the game take place entirely from Ayame's perspective or do you switch to other characters?
You switch momentarily to other characters.

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Damn I have to admit. I finally got time to play the whole demo and really have to say that people are right.... It's awsome!

Never expected this game to be this interesting & fun.
I can't even criticise anything which is worth mentioning and I usually could name 20-30 things in the average HRPG.
Got me sold. I wanna know more about the game & how it's created so I will pledge on the 50 Dollar tier this month.

Do you guys prefer a "Donation" to your board or a normal Patreon donation?

Patreon is easier for me but I think they are taking a significant cut away from you right? 5% or so?

I've got time till the end of the month to pledge to get it processed on time right?

I will still write a detailed review later because a simple "that was good keep it up" is rarely useful and maybe I can spot a few minor things which could be improved.

Last edited:

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

You switch momentarily to other characters.
Great! I hope for some moments like To H. You probably know which ones I'm talking about. My favorite parts of that game. :D

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Damn I have to admit. I finally got time to play the whole demo and really have to say that people are right.... It's awsome!

Never expected this game to be this interesting & fun.
I can't even criticise anything which is worth mentioning and I usually could name 20-30 things in the average HRPG.
Got me sold. I wanna know more about the game & how it's created so I will pledge on the 50 Dollar tier this month.

Do you guys prefer a "Donation" to your board or a normal Patreon donation?

Patreon is easier for me but I think they are taking a significant cut away from you right? 5% or so?

I've got time till the end of the month to pledge to get it processed on time right?

I will still write a detailed review later because a simple "that was good keep it up" is rarely useful and maybe I can spot a few minor things which could be improved.
We pay for our board from Patreon money which we receive through Payoneer, yes, they take a very justifiable cut. We don't take direct donations of any kind as we no longer work with PayPal, all the money we get comes from Patreon.

We would LOVE a review. Thanks for the kind words.

Great! I hope for some moments like To H. You probably know which ones I'm talking about. My favorite parts of that game. :D
Which ones :p

Last edited:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Which ones :p
Probably the uber fun playing as the husband every evening and weekend and having to walk through the house every day. Lots of fun.

Or, the fact that every tuesday or whatever you completely lost a day, so you only had 4 days of the week to actually play the game!

Wait... No. Avoid those ones, please.

cloudconnected

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Probably the uber fun playing as the husband every evening and weekend and having to walk through the house every day. Lots of fun.

Or, the fact that every tuesday or whatever you completely lost a day, so you only had 4 days of the week to actually play the game!

Wait... No. Avoid those ones, please.
Well, the parts where you could visit "whatever her name was, because I don't remember" while she was working during the weekend was a great idea in To H..., though poorly done and there were also no scenes. The small part where you could hear the girl fucking behind the wall was also awesome, though again, executed not to the fullest potential.
It definitely would be great if there would be something of the sort here. Depending on the job or situation, some scenes could possibly be quite hot.

Last edited:
OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, the parts where you could visit "whatever her name was, because I don't remember" while she was working during the weekend was a great idea in To H..., though poorly done and there were also no scenes. The small part where you could hear the girl fucking behind the wall was also awesome, though again, executed not to the fullest potential.
It definitely would be great if there would be something of the sort here. Depending on the job or situation, some scenes could possibly be quite hot.
On the translation that I made (Free, you can find it in many places around the internet) those scenes where you would hear her, you can actually see them, I made the scenes visible from the husband POV. With that being said, we're getting considerably off topic here.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It feels as though not much effort has been taken into this game, aside from the fact it's been over 4 years in the making, I expected a little larger demo showing a lot more aspects but instead, I played a demo which had something basic that could easily be made within a few months on a RPG Maker. The fact it's taken this long I can't really see this ever being finished for quite a long time and there is the constant pushing about joining the HS patreon in all sorts of places in order to view 'Updates' but honestly no one will want to join unless the public could see a few updates every now and then and those who look towards a place to learn more about the game has to go to the forum and still cannot access that unless they are a Patreon who chooses over $50 (Which is pushing it a lot) or be referred to a person who has paid to gain access or you have to write an essay to impress which I doubt even gives you much of a chance via email, in all honesty it feels like someone just wants money without expecting to show content of their work. :/
Can you show me something YOU made in a couple months of RPG Maker, or just, something you made at all?

But really you mean 6 years in the making. Wait, it's 8, or was it 10? Nevermind, it's 15, now I remember because I started doing the game on MsDOS and then ported to VX Ace which was released in December 2011, if it was over 4 years ago I'd have to be able to travel in time, which means...

Oh wait... Don't tell me... Be right back, I gotta try something.

EDIT: Nope didn't work, I won't be able to prevent the holocaust :\

Also, since nazis are still a thing much to my sadness, I feel the urge to be a grammar one and say, "ever" and "for quite a long time" are mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It feels as though not much effort has been taken into this game, aside from the fact it's been over 4 years in the making, I expected a little larger demo showing a lot more aspects but instead, I played a demo which had something basic that could easily be made within a few months on a RPG Maker. The fact it's taken this long I can't really see this ever being finished for quite a long time and there is the constant pushing about joining the HS patreon in all sorts of places in order to view 'Updates' but honestly no one will want to join unless the public could see a few updates every now and then and those who look towards a place to learn more about the game has to go to the forum and still cannot access that unless they are a Patreon who chooses over $50 (Which is pushing it a lot) or be referred to a person who has paid to gain access or you have to write an essay to impress which I doubt even gives you much of a chance via email, in all honesty it feels like someone just wants money without expecting to show content of their work. :/

Do you know how long it takes to produce character sprites & CG's on this level? It's insane that this level was achieved by a small group of people and a single CG artist (If I'm right).... It was only possible because they got enough money to work on the art&game full time.

Just think about circle Gyu or circle Kame!!
Those guys work 24/7 on their games and look how bugged & broken their games are at first even though they got WAY more experience!
I didn't notice ANYTHING CLOSE to that in the demo.
A demo is supposed to be short, it should showcase the basic premise & style of the game! You are not supposed to have endless fun for free. Just a little introduction to the game.

You seem to think that any guy with a little bit of free time can create a project in RPG maker.... It ain't that simple man.
I thought so too years ago but quickly gave up after trying to create a little game. It takes months to even learn the very basics and to implement custom scenarios&art&choices&scene progression into the basic RPG Maker is INSANELY difficult.

I paid the 50 bucks (or better said I will get charged in a few days) and I think it's the usual price for a good game I am really invested in.
Just take a look at star citizen and some people paying over 10000 Euro to get access to the best ships.
If you are really invested in something you like (for example the creation of English HRPG maker games ) you should be willing to support it.
Nobody forces you to pay the 50 bucks.... I'm a student and it's quite a bit of money for me too but let's be serious for a moment. You buy a game and it costs you the same amount of money.
People seem to think that something which is created by small groups is not "worth" as much as a full game created and promoted by huge companies.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do you know how long it takes to produce character sprites & CG's on this level? It's insane that this level was achieved by a small group of people and a single CG artist (If I'm right).... It was only possible because they got enough money to work on the art&game full time.

Just think about circle Gyu or circle Kame!!
Those guys work 24/7 on their games and look how bugged & broken their games are at first even though they got WAY more experience!
I didn't notice ANYTHING CLOSE to that in the demo.
A demo is supposed to be short, it should showcase the basic premise & style of the game! You are not supposed to have endless fun for free. Just a little introduction to the game.

You seem to think that any guy with a little bit of free time can create a project in RPG maker.... It ain't that simple man.
I thought so too years ago but quickly gave up after trying to create a little game. It takes months to even learn the very basics and to implement custom scenarios&art&choices&scene progression into the basic RPG Maker is INSANELY difficult.

I paid the 50 bucks (or better said I will get charged in a few days) and I think it's the usual price for a good game I am really invested in.
Just take a look at star citizen and some people paying over 10000 Euro to get access to the best ships.
If you are really invested in something you like (for example the creation of English HRPG maker games ) you should be willing to support it.
Nobody forces you to pay the 50 bucks.... I'm a student and it's quite a bit of money for me too but let's be serious for a moment. You buy a game and it costs you the same amount of money.
People seem to think that something which is created by small groups is not "worth" as much as a full game created and promoted by huge companies.
The game actually stands at 10$ tax included, 50$ is for forum access and a cameo/publicity in the game, many of the names in the game for instance, James Fang Library and Sozoshin Park are named after our Patrons.

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The game actually stands at 10$ tax included, 50$ is for forum access and a cameo/publicity in the game, many of the names in the game for instance, James Fang Library and Sozoshin Park are named after our Patrons.
Yeah I'm aware of that ;)
But he specifically mentioned hrpgheaven which I can't wait to join. If you really fell in love with something it's only normal that you want to be as much involved as possible.
The game itself is actually very cheap in my opinion. XVI by circle Clymenia which just released costs 1620 Yen = nearly 15$