What's new

HeroineRumble

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: 3D Action H-Wrestling/Battlefuck game alpha release

Tried it and love it so far.

Would be great if we could use the ropes like trap (or between the legs) or the corners (Shattered Dreams anyone?).

I keep an eye on your work!

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I can say I'm having the same issue. White screen, can't do anything.

I had a similar problem at first. Then I switched to my 64-bit OS and it worked fine. Could be a memory thing.

gaxxd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I had a similar problem at first. Then I switched to my 64-bit OS and it worked fine. Could be a memory thing.
I operate only on 64-bit OS. One more thing I noticed, is the game window changes it's name from "Princess Clash" to "Title" as soon as I run exe. Anyway, I guess noone has any fix?

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I operate only on 64-bit OS. One more thing I noticed, is the game window changes it's name from "Princess Clash" to "Title" as soon as I run exe. Anyway, I guess noone has any fix?
Thanks for your report! Will investigate.

Can you first assure that its not a problem from firewall/antivirus and you are running on windows 7 or higher?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Futanari huh? Will that be a game mode like that one mostly jap text Lesbian Wrestling game where the futa mode has both girls as futa? I'm kind of a fan of as much customization as possible, so the dream for me is that futa on either character will be togglable. For those times I want futaxfemale, and futaxfuta, and also neither.

I have mood swings.

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I like what I see so far. The demo was a great start. I can't wait to see where this project goes from here.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm kind of a fan of as much customization as possible, so the dream for me is that futa on either character will be togglable.For those times I want futaxfemale, and futaxfuta, and also neither.
+1 to that.
Character creation and premade characters of different genders. Both would be amazing!

A toggle for futa content and a toggle for male characters would be great too.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

+1 to that.
Character creation and premade characters of different genders. Both would be amazing!

A toggle for futa content and a toggle for male characters would be great too.
character creation is a bit much i reckon, we shouldnt put too much on them

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

The animations felt a bit sluggish - like the girls were moving in slow motion - and I could see the autotargetting getting awkward in some situations, but other than that the game plays smoothly, handles intuitively and shows a ton of potential.

While straight yuri isn't so much my thing, futa is and whether you include it or not I could still see this being one of the better games this year.

Keep up the good work, sir.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The animations felt a bit sluggish - like the girls were moving in slow motion - and I could see the autotargetting getting awkward in some situations, but other than that the game plays smoothly, handles intuitively and shows a ton of potential.

While straight yuri isn't so much my thing, futa is and whether you include it or not I could still see this being one of the better games this year.

Keep up the good work, sir.
Finally some critique :) Can you elaborate on the part about animations? Which part is sluggish exactly?

stubnight

Demon Girl
Reputation score

double tapping the direction controls can initiate a run if u want to move quicker tho it is kinda hard to control once it's done.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

double tapping the direction controls can initiate a run if u want to move quicker tho it is kinda hard to control once it's done.
hoping pad support is added down the line

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Finally some critique :) Can you elaborate on the part about animations? Which part is sluggish exactly?
The hentai animations were fine for the most part, but the combat animations just felt.. a little slow, like maybe they had too many frames to them.

The first example I can really think of is the wake-up kick, where it's an action that seems as though it should be super quick - using a full body motion to swing momentum against gravity and lift the person back onto their feet, something that would realistically take under a second to do properly - was instead closer to a full second, or maybe a little over. It's a very small detail, but it was widespread enough to affect the overall feeling of the visuals.

Another example are small things like the grabbing animation being a slow forward lean of the entire body instead of, say, a quicker reach of the arms to grab the opponent. Punching and kicking was fine, but the recovery time felt a bit exaggerated and airborne characters are very floaty - although that's a normal thing in fighting games so I'm not complaining.

In full contrast, the blocking animations were perfect - they were quick and precise, you could see the arms go up and the posture shift immediately on button press without any extra frames in between.

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Okay, I gave it a quick try just now so I have some thoughts to share as feedback, what with this being an early alpha and all.

Overall, I was quite impressed. It's a lot more solid feeling than I expected for a .1 alpha release in a 3d engine.

But that said, there are a lot of issues I feel worth bringing up. I tried a game at easy AI and a game at AI level 3. Wall of text incoming;

The easy AI match took longer than I expected actually, but I'll get to that later. First off, some thoughts on the visuals. It runs smoothly, despite talk of various rendering effects. The characters aren't that badly modelled, but they do look like they are largely untextured and relying on object materials to differentiate by colour and specularity/glossiness. It's not a terrible look, but combined with the lighting it does leave it looking and feeling like the alpha it is. Textures are an important factor for things like this, even if they are subtly done for a simple almost but not cel-shaded aesthetic. Likewise, the lighting is very... well, it's almost ambient, non-directional lighting. There's no light and shade on a lot of the environment at all. so it comes across less like a wrestling ring in some small hall or an arena or anything and more a quickly cobbled together location in the default 3ds max environment.

I'd suggest thinking about where the lights are coming from in the area and avoiding making it too washed out. You're running dynamic shadows after all, so you might as well have some actual light and shade in there. For a game and a setting like this, you probably don't need that much light on the outside of the ring, so a few directional lights focusing on the ring itself and leaving the outside in relative gloom would probably help the atmosphere quite a lot. Especially with the cut-out crowd.

But that's probably enough on the look at this point.

So, what next? First off, I've got to say I like how much control you have in theory over the camera. But in practice, I have basically no control over the camera. That thing is erratic, it's not particularly intuitive how its actually going to react when you move the mouse and I frequently ended up looking at things at very strange angles when I tried to make simple adjustments.

I've got to second the thing about sluggishness. The controls are responsive enough, but the movements themselves seem very slow. Floaty even. They don't look like punches meant to hurt people, it all happens far too slowly. Again, use some references for the animations if possible.

The actual attacks themselves feel a bit strange. The sliding kick thing is really not a wrestling thing I've ever seen and juggle combos feel incredibly out of place in the context of a wrestling match (and the floatyness that goes with a juggle combo definitely increases that sense of low grav, slow motion it has visually speaking). Personally, I'd recommend looking at things like clotheslines, shoulder blocks or the good old dropkick for the kind of move to put on the end of a running attack. Again, use references, they're invaluable for stuff like that. It has to look good and it has to feel impactful.

Uh, what else? Well, I actually rather liked what I saw of the moves. There were recognisable wrestling moves, and the single legged Boston crab with the fingering happening at the same time felt exactly like the kind of thing I'd like to see incorporated into a gimmick like this. Legitimate hold with kinky stuff happening at the same time. I'd like more hybrid moves like this, personally. Abdominal stretch (which is included) with added spanking using the free hand. Bear hug with neck kissing or motor-boating. I don't know, things like that?

I think there's a very obvious gap when it comes to standing grapples by the way. You've got submission moves as an option, but no throws. You could do with a couple of basic suplexes. ddt's and throws and so on mixed in. Perhaps as a simple way to transition from standing to having your foe on the ground, or instead of simply releasing the hold.

In the context of the easy match, it took a surprisingly long time to win the match. Took quite a while to grind out that win, a lot longer than I'd have expected considering the total lack of offence I was dealing with. That's not inherently a problem, but did surprise me, so there's that.

In the level 3 ai match, I actually got to try out the parts of the game dealing with not-winning-unopposed. Got to say, utterly baffling. Perhaps skipping up to level 3 is involved in this, I don't know. But even after the match, I have no idea what the difference between resist and struggle is supposed to be, whether I am supposed to mash one or both or if they were even working. It all seemed very random, half the time there would be various inexplicable bars filling up and nothing would happen, other times holds would break before a bar even filled. I have basically no idea what was happening for the most part. And the give up button? Literally no idea what that even did and I'm sure I pressed it a couple of times.

Especially as it apparently replaces defend when things transition, so a button to protect yourself apparently becomes an option not to often without real warning. And then does...something? I don't know. Presumably it does something.

Other than that, I can't think of any obvious feedback. The music wasn't a problem, the gem on the outfit they are both wearing staying behind when they were otherwise stripped was unexpected and I can't say I entirely understand. Are the wrestlers all the gem-people from Legend of Mana, the mysterious Jumi? Is it supposed to be a visual representation of the life-bar in some way and if so, why so many other life-bars? Is it remaining a glitch with the outfit destruction system? I don't know, it's not clear.

But it did all work, it ran, the matches were completable and even the tough AI match was playable (if difficult and confusing). There weren't too many obvious glitches, (the Q button sometimes executing the standing punish command from the wrong stance, and so on) and doing a sliding tackle in any direction other than towards the foe looks weird as hell.

I still say it feels off that both competitors have identical ring gear and the fact that you can't run the ropes (bounce off them) feels deeply surreal, but never really came up in actual gameplay.

But it was a good enough Alpha that I felt there was point dropping this wall of text on you and good enough that I'll continue to keep an eye on your progress. :)

EDIT - A couple of extra thoughts;

It feels sometimes like the AI has some very high hit priority on things. It might just be because they seem to have access to more big attacks, including the stomp which seems to hit like an area attack, as if I'm wrestling The Thing rather than a little princess type and that huge leaping double axe handle (which they can't be knocked out of).

Blocking doesn't seem to do very much. It might reduce the damage number a bit, but doesn't actually seem to protect you in any meaningful way beyond that. Least, whenever I used it.

Weirdly, on trying out level 2 AI, it honestly seems like level 2 does significantly more damage than 3. 3 definitely took less damage than 2, or at least seemed to, but 2 seemed to do crazy damage very easily. It actually won comfortably, despite having lost all it's clothes and me still being fully clothed and much quicker than I beat the easy AI or how long it took/takes the level 3 AI to beat me. Could just be my imagination though.

Last edited:

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Is there any interest in a 3D H-wrestling game?

Its official. Futas are now on the TODO list.
As long as there is an option to disable it for people who don't want it.

This game has potential and i don't even like wrestling. Customization may be a lot to ask for but it really makes a huge difference and could be used as a reason for people to play more. For example, maybe to unlock a specific hairstyle/color, you need to win x-number of matches. To unlock this special outfit, you need to win on difficulty 3 via a specific move. Something like that.

Another tall order would be breast physics :D

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I honestly think that a small roster of visually distinct wrestlers/princesses would be a lot easier to achieve and be a better development goal.

That said, unlockable versions with a difference or two isn't a bad idea. Maybe champion versions of their default outfit, or if there's any element of Heel/Face, an alternate alignment version of the character.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The hentai animations were fine for the most part, but the combat animations just felt.. a little slow, like maybe they had too many frames to them.
I looked at the game files and indeed wake up kick takes a total of 1.3 seconds to complete.

Another factor that I overlooked that may contribute to this problem is that the game auto includes a 0.1 morph time between two animations to smooth out the transition. As a result, an ability that say takes 0.3 sec to do would actually take 0.4 secs. I will re-implement morphing to make it not cause the second animation to be longer.

I do agree with you that some abilities take too long and I will speed them up in addition to the morphing change.

As for grab, it is slow on purpose. If it is too fast then I am worried that grab attack would become too dominate in combat. That said, I am open to discussion on how to balance this.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Is there any interest in a 3D H-wrestling game?

Another tall order would be breast physics :D
I believe that is already in game. Maybe they are not bouncy enough? :eek:

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

..lighting, models...
I agree the scene looks too bright and there are already lighting changes.

It was decided to not commit too much into texturing and model quality ATM as there could be features to implement that will render the old assets obsolete.
Graphics quality is a perpetual WIP and there are definitely planned upgrades over the course of the project.

...camera...
Im getting mixed signal on this as most other feedback on camera was that it is simple and intuitive. If you are familiar with modeling, then treat camera as a standard orbit camera centering on the player character.

...wrestling authenticity...
I agree as well that some of these moves dont belong in the wrestling match. However, I believe it is better for the game to appeal to a larger audience including those that are not into wrestling. I think this will be best addressed via the roster system. There will be characters who are wrestlers and there will be characters like the ones in the demo with out of place moves. The player should be able to choose to play the characters they like.

Btw Im probably going to rebrand the game as 3D action fighting/battle fuck/H-wrestling game instead to better reflect whats in game. The core game play would be the same of course.

The slide kick is a bug and now fixed. Thanks for the report!

...game mechanic...
It was somewhat deliberate to not discuss game play mechanic to gauge how intuitive the gameplay was. But it seems more work needs to be done.

Nevertheless, I am a bit surprised on the confusion over "give up". Perhaps "stop resisting" would be a better description?

All the AIs should have identical stats and the only difference between them is their level of artificial stupidity. BTW, you are not meant to win the match by keeping hitting them and breaking their cloth. It was intended for strikes to create opportunities for you to put them into submissions.

Phew that was a long wall response too and I really appreciate you for taking the time to give honest feedback. Otherwise, it is difficult to improve the game without knowing which areas to focus on.

Last edited: