What's new

HeroineRumble

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble

If the web version of .50 is anything to go by, how would the new "update" compare to it?

Should this game now be evaluated as if it were complete at this point?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just FYI, performance in Adventure mode drops like a rocks, and I have pretty beefy laptop and playing on low settings
A beefy laptop is well below the standards of a mid-end desktop. Don't expect games that aren't highly optimized or require very low resources to run well on it.

DudePerson

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That is actually part of something that was cancelled. Anyways the list will only show the topmost 8 moves that you know. Maybe I should disable this feature since it is incomplete.
Maybe? A simpler way to do it would be to: 1.) Get rid of the categories
2.) Limit the list to the pop-up textbox size if you don't want to deal with scrolling
3.) I'm not getting a consistent idea of where it pulls from the list. If you just draw a box (like for the top 8) at the top of list where you can put the moves, and they'd be available in the list in-match... like this for example:

That way the player has an easy-to-see indicator. That would... probably be easy for you to implement? I dunno, you tell me. I don't know how much work it is to mess with this stuff. If it's too much work, then yeah, you might want to cut it.

And thanks for the list. I'd put that on your site, or put an all-acquired message once they get all of a type of move from sellers.

Frostleaf

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Heroine Rumble v0.51 Save:

:confused:WHERE IS THE LOCATION OF THE SAVE FILE!?!?!?:confused:
I just want to edit my status to be that of a GOD MODE in story mode and Advanture mode.

:DRead CRAP POST below at your own risk.:D
:cool:(RLY DO NOT READ IT):cool:

Where in the name of HADES can I find the ------- save file at?
(Looked in registry editor, appdata, & the game file its self... So is the file hidden or did I over look where it was at?)
Because my PC is a fine peace of junk and is only running this game at 18~20FPS. XD
(14~16FPS in adventure mode...) So when I press a button to make a move it takes 3 or 6 seconds for the game to execute the key I pressed. :( (Dies within the first 3 minutes of agme play)
I also searched through 45 pages of this thread and nothing about where the save is or anyone sharing their save data on this thread but did find questions where atleast 3 or more people asked if someone will share their save file for this game as well. (That is SAD because no one shared it and the people that asked for it was completely forgotten.)

ElPresidente

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A beefy laptop is well below the standards of a mid-end desktop. Don't expect games that aren't highly optimized or require very low resources to run well on it.
Do you even know what some of the laptops today are capable?

I played Crysis 2 on mine.

The one I'm getting now comes with a MSI GTX 1060, 3GB craphics card, 16GB DDR4, I5 processor, a MSX primary disk and 1 TB secondary

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

The one I'm getting now comes with a MSI GTX 1060, 3GB craphics card, 16GB DDR4, I5 processor, a MSX primary disk and 1 TB secondary
Keywords being "games that aren't highly optimized". Being a solo project, I very much doubt that HR is highly optimized. Not to the degree of Crysis 2 which was developed to run on hundred thousands of different machines.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The game already runs fairly poorly. I'm not looking forwards to seeing adventure mode.

For the story mode though, it's irritating not to be able to select moves to purchase. Worse still is the fact that already-owned moves aren't removed from the pool.

I've tried to buy new h-moves four times looking for a futa-move, and all I've gotten is the same shit I already have.

One thing I would like (which I don't believe is in the game at the moment) are moves for when the opponent is a futa.

As is, your opponent being a futa just goes away when you are on the attack.

Yes

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wanted to give props to the creator, this game has improved a lot since early alpha (the last time I played it). Going through the story mode atm which gives the characters some background and basic personality is essential in my view. I like the struggle mechanics and think theres a good trade off between fighting and H content.

Things I think could be improved is fighting seems to be a little bit imbalanced between the moveset, for example I find myself falling back on an overpowered move/combat combination if i'm in trouble. Also some of the H positions could have had the victim pinned a little more securely to imitate more of a struggle. Also yeah, what the previous guy said about counter-futa moves.

Am looking forward to the adventure mode... really good job on what I think is a first game? Is there going to be a sequel or a next game now that this is the final version?

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The game already runs fairly poorly.
Its probably a hardware specific issue, either on the system/driver/card or perhaps the wrong GPU is used. If you join my discord perhaps I can diagnose it, otherwise there is no way for me to test.

Wanted to give props to the creator, this game has improved a lot since early alpha (the last time I played it). Going through the story mode atm which gives the characters some background and basic personality is essential in my view. I like the struggle mechanics and think theres a good trade off between fighting and H content.

Things I think could be improved is fighting seems to be a little bit imbalanced between the moveset, for example I find myself falling back on an overpowered move/combat combination if i'm in trouble. Also some of the H positions could have had the victim pinned a little more securely to imitate more of a struggle. Also yeah, what the previous guy said about counter-futa moves.

Am looking forward to the adventure mode... really good job on what I think is a first game? Is there going to be a sequel or a next game now that this is the final version?
Thanks, the moveset imbalance is something I decided to not fix. With any game that allows the player to freely pick between the moves, some combination is bound to be broken.

This is it for Heroine Rumble in terms of content. There is another build coming in November where I will do some quality of life changes. Currently opening for suggestions in blog & patreon.

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
when will you add the double team moves?
This game is pretty much "finished". Enlit is doing some minor tweaks, but there probably won't be any major gameplay changes.

He's devoting most of his energy towards the new game.

OnyxShadow

Reputation score
ZOMG I finally figured out how to edit the value of the currency with cheat engine in HR with the help of Neonie.

The confusion began because there are 3 different processes that HR runs. Only the third one matters for cheat engine. The second confusing bit is that the value that seems to be the one for currency won't actually make real changes to the number in game. This was a double value in cheat engine that follows your currency in game exactly. However, I finally determined that the cheat engine value you want to edit is your currency total x2 searched as a 4 byte value.

Be warned. A large part of the fun in HR is earning your moves and stat upgrades. I would have lost hours of great fun if I had figured this out earlier.

OnyxShadow

Reputation score
TY
Now I got a new problem... How do you edit this? (It looks like a bunch of rubbish)

You probably can't edit the file itself. Cheat Engine is the only way I know to modify your progress.

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score
You probably can't edit the file itself. Cheat Engine is the only way I know to modify your progress.
And even that is pointless. I got lucky one time and managed to find right code and change the lewd points and it stayed but there are in essence a bunch of fake lewd point storage, seems Enlit has intentionally done this to prevent cheating if the memory view is anything to go by (the duplicates don't seem to have any purpose other than anti-cheat).

While trying to find the exact pointer to the right memory line I managed to lose it as well and have been unable to find it back since then. Luckily I do still have 1000000 lewd points for the campaign and endurance mode but I can't share a cheat script because I was unable to find the pointer sadly.

OnyxShadow

Reputation score
And even that is pointless. I got lucky one time and managed to find right code and change the lewd points and it stayed but there are in essence a bunch of fake lewd point storage, seems Enlit has intentionally done this to prevent cheating if the memory view is anything to go by (the duplicates don't seem to have any purpose other than anti-cheat).

While trying to find the exact pointer to the right memory line I managed to lose it as well and have been unable to find it back since then. Luckily I do still have 1000000 lewd points for the campaign and endurance mode but I can't share a cheat script because I was unable to find the pointer sadly.
Its a 4 Byte value that is 2x the in-game currency number. It should be pretty easy to find if you start with a few thousand "lewds".

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Its a 4 Byte value that is 2x the in-game currency number. It should be pretty easy to find if you start with a few thousand "lewds".
i tried and did find it twice. tries adding 1000 lewds and it increased a lot till the game crashed. since then haven't managed to find that value to edit again... it's fucking baffling! *insert it's adapting meme*

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Like I said, I did find it but once you change the right string, it vanishes. There is some pretty sneaky anti-cheat coding in the memory once you view the memory area where the lewds are saved. This developer really did not want his engine to be easy to cheat on :p

Gandalf

Reputation score
Here's a savefile - it doesn't contain a million lewds, but a highly upgraded character with all the futa moves unlocked, so you can simply earn lewds again.
Content goes to C:\Users\*youruser*\AppData\Roaming\HeroineRumbleSave