What's new

RPG RPG Maker [kamichichi] 福音のアパスル/Apostle of the Gospel (RJ221472)

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
:v just to point out in case anyone care about it

Dev does mention on the DLSite that there is harem route, just like the first game (whether the harem will be like the first game is up for debate tho)

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ahhh Harem Fantasy.
Remember that this was a pretty good Game.
It had Costume/Class changes and things like that.

Now their new Game can only be good. Looking even more forward to it.
Thanks for reminding me.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
I was actually interested in the Mikoto (blue haired girl) from the beginning of game. But then plot happened and it was all "Well....better pick another" So right now I'm in between Kenshin and Nana. Might move on to Satsuki depending on further character development. Sadly while I like her looks, Akari is too "standard main heroine" for me.
So, based on one of the bits of text I bothered to read, it was implied that the light beam was more of a teleporting kind, not the 'melt people into dust' death beam.

Which was one of the motivation for MC to continue fighting, in hope that by diving into the enemy's world, he might find his beam'd friends.

Also, I lol'd when the MC mention playing Harem Fantasy (i.e. the circle's previous game) in the prologue.

I wonder if the initial event choice matter at all
Since you're given the choice of helping glass girl not get raped (likely with ROL scene, but trying to lose is...meh)

Or go with the friend who then take your virginity cuz horny kids be horny.

Last edited:

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I just got around to check the Dev Site out and I must applause the effort he put in already with the sheer amount of Characters xD
Hope they will get some action as well.

Is there a ETA for this Game yet?

Edit: That black Priest xD
He looks shady as fuck haha

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So, based on one of the bits of text I bothered to read, it was implied that the light beam was more of a teleporting kind, not the 'melt people into dust' death beam.

Which was one of the motivation for MC to continue fighting, in hope that by diving into the enemy's world, he might find his beam'd friends.

Also, I lol'd when the MC mention playing Harem Fantasy (i.e. the circle's previous game) in the prologue.

I wonder if the initial event choice matter at all
Since you're given the choice of helping glass girl not get raped (likely with ROL scene, but trying to lose is...meh)

Or go with the friend who then take your virginity cuz horny kids be horny.
Yup, figured as much myself. Still it means she's a later to get side character rather than a main heroine which is what I'm basing my main girl on.

It goes further, they are actually selling Harem Fantasy in a game store a bit later in the game. Complete with advertisement pics, a "demo" and pv video. It's freaking awesome.

Yeah, those guys weren't exactly coded to make losing to them quick. They go down fast and hit like a 5 year old throwing pebbles at a gorilla. Wonder in the full game if your choice have an impact later, like: Choosing and not losing with glasses girl will net you a scene later, but less scenes with Mikoto or choosing Mikoto means additional scenes later in game but glasses girl ended up being raped and so no future scenes with her.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Yeah, those guys weren't exactly coded to make losing to them quick. They go down fast and hit like a 5 year old throwing pebbles at a gorilla. Wonder in the full game if your choice have an impact later, like: Choosing and not losing with glasses girl will net you a scene later, but less scenes with Mikoto or choosing Mikoto means additional scenes later in game but glasses girl ended up being raped and so no future scenes with her.
If I have to guess, based on the author's mention of harem route might be a little hard to get.
1. Focus on saving 'more' girls rather than getting scenes if you have to choose (i.e. between the friend and the new girl, pick the new girl)
Also, I get a feeling the charm that the glass girl gave you for saving her will be important later, it's in the key item section for a reason.

2. Be 'open' about it (i.e. after the mandatory paizuri scene, choose to tell Akari honestly)
At least if I recall, the girls of Harem Fantasy knew how much of a perv MC was, which was kinda why they ends up accepting him going for a harem (or maybe that was just his evil overlord power thing)

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If I have to guess, based on the author's mention of harem route might be a little hard to get.
1. Focus on saving 'more' girls rather than getting scenes if you have to choose (i.e. between the friend and the new girl, pick the new girl)
Also, I get a feeling the charm that the glass girl gave you for saving her will be important later, it's in the key item section for a reason.

2. Be 'open' about it (i.e. after the mandatory paizuri scene, choose to tell Akari honestly)
At least if I recall, the girls of Harem Fantasy knew how much of a perv MC was, which was kinda why they ends up accepting him going for a harem (or maybe that was just his evil overlord power thing)
I think it was more the overlord thing, with exception of the Princess the other girls were like instantly interested in you. You gain affection for lying to Akari for that choice and I hope the dev isn't that sadistic to make some +affection choices to actually be the bad choice.
My guess is it'll be a combination of getting all the girls high enough affection, saving the girls vs. getting scenes (as you mentioned), and either not paying attention in class so you gather more WP(?) or a specific subject so you get teacher scenes. I really hope this game also has new game+ content......

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
I think it was more the overlord thing, with exception of the Princess the other girls were like instantly interested in you. You gain affection for lying to Akari for that choice and I hope the dev isn't that sadistic to make some +affection choices to actually be the bad choice.
My guess is it'll be a combination of getting all the girls high enough affection, saving the girls vs. getting scenes (as you mentioned), and either not paying attention in class so you gather more WP(?) or a specific subject so you get teacher scenes. I really hope this game also has new game+ content......
There is some NG+ stuffs, from the DLSite description:
you can carry over:
-Level
-Equipments
-Items
-Love level <- huh
-Secret dungeon

I just hope that you don't need to carry over love level to get harem rote :v that or author add some kind of super skip option in NG+ to skip events faster.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
There is some NG+ stuffs, from the DLSite description:
you can carry over:
-Level
-Equipments
-Items
-Love level <- huh
-Secret dungeon

I just hope that you don't need to carry over love level to get harem rote :v that or author add some kind of super skip option in NG+ to skip events faster.
Ehh....level, equipments and items? Do want.
Love level? That kills some of the fun.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
So from the author's latest blog post:

The game WILL come out mid April.

Also showing off possibly a harem scene which shows the 6 girls with love level.
Also, by the author's own word.
"There will be harem sex, and harem ends, 2 of them"
^I'm hoping the 2nd harem end is the 'perfect' harem run i.e. saving all the girls possible (similar to how Harem Fantasy's harem end can have the nun there as an extra if you did save her)

And lastly he shows off 'animated picture' (i.e. those moving CGs kinda like in the animated version of Black Lilith games)

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Looks like this is going to be way above anything else seen on dlSite in some time in terms of quality.

Runs an actual story and good art of the busty sort.
(Bit worried if there is enough art in game to support the huge number of girls though)

Tried the trial, Fighting seems standard, which is somewher between ok and meh. UI work seems ok though. Rest seemed good.
Only current gripe is, that we are getting close to mid april and they stubbornly have not put in an actual date yet.

Also new trial version coming up according to their twitter,
----------

I applied for trial version Ver1.2.0.
Because it is quite different from the trial version you applied for the first time, it is comfortable if you play once more even if you played once, the term dictionary will be cool
----------

Hopefully last before full version.

Between this game and Darkhound's Holiday Island, some rare and good times for busty lovers up ahead.

Last edited:

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Trial version updated on
Also seems they decided to update the game art picture.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Trial version updated on
Also seems they decided to update the game art picture.
Ugh, I'm not a fan of title game art that gives away too much of the game CG. I like the surprise of finding and viewing the scene myself without "I wonder where this scene is?"

But I am happy to take another crack at this game.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Yeah. I am none too happy the CG shown off about it either. Also prefer discovery, however, have a different reason too,

With their 50/300 split and having shown many secondary scenes, that are ok but also in the "did you use of the few base CG to do that, why not spend them better???" all the rest at this point basically needs to be "primary" and "winners".

That aside.

Trial 1.2.0 version has a bug. If trying the vending machine event in the beginning where one has to rescue (or not) the girl with glasses the game looks for a file called dirt2.png. which does not exist and locks down in a retry loop. They could have caught that error with minimal play testing, it is literally 3 mins into the game and is 50/50 chance players will pick it (since there are only two events to choose between).

Sure hope they step up and get a working full game out, it is mid april now after all, which means we are smack bang in the supposed release period

Edit : They added the missing dirt2.png image on their webpage for manual download. It is here :
Edit 2: Well. Still cant get that to work after having put it in www/img/battlebacks1 odd /shrug.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yeah. I am none too happy the CG shown off about it either. Also prefer discovery, however, have a different reason too,

With their 50/300 split and having shown many secondary scenes, that are ok but also in the "did you use of the few base CG to do that, why not spend them better???" all the rest at this point basically needs to be "primary" and "winners".

That aside.

Trial 1.2.0 version has a bug. If trying the vending machine event in the beginning where one has to rescue (or not) the girl with glasses the game looks for a file called dirt2.png. which does not exist and locks down in a retry loop. They could have caught that error with minimal play testing, it is literally 3 mins into the game and is 50/50 chance players will pick it (since there are only two events to choose between).

Sure hope they step up and get a working full game out, it is mid april now after all, which means we are smack bang in the supposed release period

Edit : They added the missing dirt2.png image on their webpage for manual download. It is here :
Edit 2: Well. Still cant get that to work after having put it in www/img/battlebacks1 odd /shrug.
That's weird, since the bug wasn't present in the previous demo....accidentally deleted file?

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Mistake on part of the developer. The png does not exist in the prior version which works fine. There are further failed to load errors later in the new trial according to their page. Seems to have messed up something when releasing the new trial version. Sloppy work.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Mistake on part of the developer. The png does not exist in the prior version which works fine. There are further failed to load errors later in the new trial according to their page. Seems to have messed up something when releasing the new trial version. Sloppy work.
Yeah, the little garden like place Konoha takes you to on her....third(?) event. If you try and go there yourself, you get a load error. But this is actually something carried from the previous trial.

Unfortunately, it seems they have a ways to go before the product is complete. Won't be surprised if it's no longer a April release date.

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Release date : 20th of April (this friday)

Also seems like the trial version was updated on dlSite.

Hm. Would not have expected it to hold the date based on Trial bugs, but on other hand trial versions were rushed, so could be main game is in better state that trials.
Will download updated trial and give it a go.

Edit : Trial seems to work now.

I must say that I am generally not a fan of what they have made with the UI. It takes a million years to do or find anything. So while certainly more pretty than a classic RPG maker UI it is not user friendly (or at least take some getting used to and then some) which is the opposite of what an UI is supposed to be.

Think it is a waste of effort that should have gone into other parts of the game. All round my current feeling is they should stuck to a classic and put the time into the girls and fights instead. Also not super happy with the running needed, place is huge just in order to be huge (50% just filler, could be due to trial version though) and the tendency to lock the player in events without the chance to save before CG (few) and choices (of which there are a lot!)

But that is more grumbling than problems. Art's good and clearly game is waaaay above normal games being spammed. So there is that.
Going to buy it obviously. (Sure hope they have squashed any bugs and wont need a day 0 patch).

Last edited:

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Been playing the Trial so far without a translator.
Since I simply wanted to see and play a bit.

Firing up my old chitrans2 that I use for all such games and which has worked for years and years, turns out AGTH does not like the game at all.
Getting "cant connect to server" errors.

Tried their old game (Harem Fantasy) again to see if it was a problem in something I had done.
Old game still works fine and so does the other JP games i have.

What an annoying problem the day before release ...
Anyone have a working translator setup for this game?

Edit : Ouch. Even starting it directly the old fashioned way with a Windows Shortcut and AGTH settings inside the command path does not find any usable text.
Edit 2 : Double ouch. Chiitrans Lite with an ITH turned out not to work either.

Sure hope someone here can find a way to translator that works, else will have to skip game.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Been playing the Trial so far without a translator.
Since I simply wanted to see and play a bit.

Firing up my old chitrans2 that I use for all such games and which has worked for years and years, turns out AGTH does not like the game at all.
Getting "cant connect to server" errors.

Tried their old game (Harem Fantasy) again to see if it was a problem in something I had done.
Old game still works fine and so does the other JP games i have.

What an annoying problem the day before release ...
Anyone have a working translator setup for this game?

Edit : Ouch. Even starting it directly the old fashioned way with a Windows Shortcut and AGTH settings inside the command path does not find any usable text.
Edit 2 : Double ouch. Chiitrans Lite with an ITH turned out not to work either.

Sure hope someone here can find a way to translator that works, else will have to skip game.
Old game was using ACE (iirc), this game uses MV. Those methods do not work directly. Go to the "How to Apply a Partial" sticky in the Translation sub-forum for tools and know how to hook MV games.