What's new

RPG [CastleDev] Castle Rock

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Castle Rock [2d adult rpg]

I'm encountering an alarmingly high rate of game crash on attempting to rape enemies. Since it wipes my progress as well it's pretty much unplayable for me unfortunately.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm encountering an alarmingly high rate of game crash on attempting to rape enemies. Since it wipes my progress as well it's pretty much unplayable for me unfortunately.
I hadn't encountered any crashes during testing. How long can you play before the crash, any suggestions to repeat your actions? Do the animations play properly initially?

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

I hadn't encountered any crashes during testing. How long can you play before the crash, any suggestions to repeat your actions? Do the animations play properly initially?
I don't think I've been able to play any longer than 5-10 minutes. I don't have any suggestions to repeat the actions, it just seems to be triggering randomly whenever I try to rape an enemy. I haven't paid attention if it was a specific enemy or just any.

Animations are able to play fine for the majority of the time. It just crashes immediately from time to time when I try to initiate it.

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice job on the update!

Although I'm also running into crashes every couple of battles. In a 30 minute play session I ended up crashing 5 times. Each time it seemed to be crashing due to try to fuck a male character when he's knocked down since the crashes happened on the Bandito and Ekdrmo. It didn't seem to happen if they were intimidated into submission, but fighting injured ones usually led to a crash the second you tried to fuck them.

Besides this bug though the update is fun! I didn't realize experience had to be manually distributed now though and starting out it seems like you really can't win most fights unless they're injured. Especially since you need 60 experience to get second party member. I would say the first leadership perk should be lower, especially since you still aren't able to directly control them unless you have other perk. I did like the intimidation feature and the stat system in general as it adds a lot more customization/ rogue-like elements to the game.

Oh also, is it still possible for multiple characters to fuck one enemy? I think I remember in previous demos you could have a bloat bug fuck a female enemy while the main character could sit on their face. Wasn't sure if this was taken out or not since I haven't been able to recreate it yet (I might just be trying wrong combinations).

MUSTYredneck01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Still not working for me, every time I try to run it it just gives me this .txt file:

Oct 13, 2017 12:36:51 PM JavaPreloader <init>
INFO: PRELOADER STARTED
Oct 13, 2017 12:36:52 PM JavaPreloader runProtected
INFO: PROTECTED STARTED
Oct 13, 2017 12:36:52 PM JavaPreloader main
INFO: PRELOADER FINISHED
Oct 13, 2017 12:36:54 PM JavaPreloader$Protected run
INFO: PROTECTED FINISHED

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

* Would be nice to have a filter for Humanoids. Just to be able to get to non-human enemies easier.
I agree, but a perk or class feature to block them would fulfill the same function, and fit into the game a bit better. Whether to block their rapes in battle or avoid battles with them entirely. Maybe a perk for each.
Just a suggestion.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't think I've been able to play any longer than 5-10 minutes. I don't have any suggestions to repeat the actions, it just seems to be triggering randomly whenever I try to rape an enemy. I haven't paid attention if it was a specific enemy or just any.

Animations are able to play fine for the majority of the time. It just crashes immediately from time to time when I try to initiate it.
Although I'm also running into crashes every couple of battles. In a 30 minute play session I ended up crashing 5 times. Each time it seemed to be crashing due to try to fuck a male character when he's knocked down since the crashes happened on the Bandito and Ekdrmo. It didn't seem to happen if they were intimidated into submission, but fighting injured ones usually led to a crash the second you tried to fuck them.
Thank you very much, I found the cause, going to put out a patch in a bit.

* Would be nice to have a filter for Humanoids. Just to be able to get to non-human enemies easier.

* I liked cheat buttons adding party members through insta-pregnancy. Seems they don't work anymore.

* Couldn't get main character to "give birth" to new party members. Only "let them go" option available.

How much more grindy will this game get? There so much pointless clicking to move, to explore again and again to get to enemies I want only to be ambushed and reset due to no HP left.

And later, after 5 minutes spent on boring-ass Heterosexual Sex in Missionary Position with some dudes I'm not even remotely into I get a single bug... aaaaaaand no birth. And then the cycle repeats and I get to very promising looking tentacles... aaaand the enemy human chick hijacks the rape sequence. And the bug doesn't even get a go, because no HP. Back to the base!
How much more grindy will this game get?
A goal of the update was starting to add some "game" elements to game period. But, I understand some of the frustration coming from poorly explained things on my part, well that were explained before in another update but not present information.

The cheat for party members was removed a while ago, and party member gaining requires a perk. Ambushes are more likely the father you are from your base. Also the area, you're exploring, determines what enemies you'll find.
Each tile has a composition of enemy types, and is named accordingly to it's enemy composition, and biome.

The name hints what you'll find by exploring there.
If you're exploring:
"Robotic ------" you're going to mostly find drones, rovers.
"Ritual ------" you're going to find a majority of either Lizard-like, Snake-Like
"Tribal -----" you'll find a majority of Ekdomoi
"Fortified -----" Banditos/ Banditas
"Overgrown ---- " Venus
"Unkept -----" All the wild mobs, bloatbugs, leyaks, snakes, and infected.
"Wartorn ------" Is a tie between two different factions.
---------------------------------------
For biomes:
"-------- Desert" Wont find robots / and plant mobs
"-------- Field" Wont find leyak/snake/ rover/ infected
"-------- ScrapYard" Wont find most monsters/humanoid monsters

You don't have to move to explore again, you can also click the tile you're already on to explore it again. -- But I think maybe a "Keep Exploring" button in the Fight/Avoid precombat screen might help a bit.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hows this?:

EDIT: The game has been patched

Last edited:

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hows this?:
Ooo that's a good idea. It makes things clearer and will definitely help when trying to get specific party members or see specific scenes.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ooo that's a good idea. It makes things clearer and will definitely help when trying to get specific party members or see specific scenes.
I agree, that would solve the problem nicely for those only interested in certain content.

EDIT: quick question, just thought of it. Any plans for a canine enemy? Sorry if it's been asked before, but don't recall seeing it.

Last edited:

sandchainz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Agree with Forprawn just going in the mamp fighting enemys getting boring, altrhough the game is very well done, but it needs some story and quests to make more interesting.

The art is awesome though.

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Am I only one encountering errors with Alpha 3? When I get eggs I can only get rid of them and if I click on the belly icon the game crashes.

I don't know if the developer is here but I really wish there was a hover text that comes when you put the mouse over those stats in right corner. Such as to see what the green, orange and other thing are for.

For the rest the combat is a lot improved and I actually prefer this new system for moving around, the old one just was not so fun in the way it was implemented.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alpha 4 Changelog
November 30[SUP]th[/SUP], 2017.

Combat Changes:
General quality of life improvements to combat which ultimately creates a new ‘late game’ for combat. Previously combat end conditions were somewhat unclear and spontaneous. Combat now continues until the player is ready for it to end. Players have more options when they are losing or lost, and even after the fight as well.

The fleeing aspect has been improved, while under the hood system is unchanged, it’s build up is now visible and players can now see how close combatants are to escaping. Player Parties now follow the player out on flee attempts. Enemy fighting styles have been adapted and can attempt to flee as well.

Robots are now a bit different in combat, no longer requiring energy like the rest of us living souls. Players will discover they will need to use different strategies when fighting these mobs.

Perks and Experience:
Experience gains have been greatly increased, and perk cost has been adjusted. Basic Brood Mother and Engineering Perks can be purchasable. Each level unlocking additional tiers which give recruitment access to higher level mobs. Tier 1 – Drone/ Bloatfly, Tier 2 – Rover/ Leyak, Tier 3 – Android. Programmer and Hive Mind perks allow the player to completely control the respective party member type during combat. Finally Butcher/Scrapper perks which give extra resources from combat victories.

New Event:
Players can now discover enemies already partaking in sexual acts. While exploring alone, the requirement for sneaking up and watching is only [4] Smart, with an additional point required for each extra party member.

New Enemies:
Another Ekdromoi tribe member, the Ekdromai. Another female family member with a skittish fighting style found in fields and scrapyards past the n1 range.
An Android, a humanoid robot found in scrapyards past the n1 range, can be repaired as a party member if the player has the engineering 3 perk.
The Rover enemy has been retextured slightly, and is now also able to acquired as a party member if the player has the engineering 2 perk.

New Animations:
(1) Female Climax animation for Female X (Generic) Male.
(2) Android X (Generic) Female
(3) Android X (Generic) Male
(4) Drone X (Generic) Female
(5) Male X (Small Breasted) Female – (Ekdromai)
(6) Male X (Small Breasted) Female – (Ekdromai)

(7) Rover X (Small Breasted) Female – (Ekdromai)

New Filter Options:
Very specific filter options which effect enemy spawns. –It does not yet filter the voyeur special event--
If all the mobs are disabled in a biome, a filler enemy “Dinki Di” will appear instead. There are no lewds associated with this mob. It’s more of a failsafe condition when all enemies are disabled.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I feel like I'm missing something. Is there a way to increase your BASED stats or level? I've been playing for about an hour, but it's still practically impossible for me to defeat an uninjured enemy even with a Bloatfly party member. It's pretty much a coin flip whether I'll be able to finish them off before they flee unless they get knocked down early or stop to rest while fleeing.

By the way, is it currently impossible for more than one character to rape another at the same time? I keep seeing a message about not finding room.

Last edited:

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I feel like I'm missing something. Is there a way to increase your BASED stats or level? I've been playing for about an hour, but it's still practically impossible for me to defeat an uninjured enemy even with a Bloatfly party member. It's pretty much a coin flip whether I'll be able to finish them off before they flee unless they get knocked down early or stop to rest while fleeing.

By the way, is it currently impossible for more than one character to rape another at the same time? I keep seeing a message about not finding room.
No, you're not missing something, BASED stats are locked. And proficiency levels aren't in all the way yet. I'm curious to what your build is for you to be unable to defeat enemies. It --is supposed to be difficult, but not that difficult. Fresh start with no perks; Level 1.2 and below enemies you should be able to win 1v1 pretty consistently. Level 1.3 is about even to the player starting out. You'd have a very hard time trying to defeat an 1.4 Android with out some of the perks.

The bloat flies are bit of cannon fodder so try and get more than one.

As for combat, they can get knocked by low health, or low energy. If they see you with low energy they'll switch tactics to try to throw you down, and that is a tactic that works for the player as well. Weaker mobs are more apt to flee, so make sure you're well rested enough to finish them off before they get to the point where they decide they want to try escaping.

Some enemies can rape each other at the same time, but mixing of types - insect and male for example, got a little broken and is commented out. It might be getting replaced with actual gang bang animations, or just paired along with so certain combinations will have a new shared animation together.

tesayodan

Lurker
Reputation score
ermmm... i have a problem i can't play because a mesage say: no could not compile pallete shader. i do not know what to do. if someone help me?

manic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Looks like the dev will be updating soonish based on some updates on his blog.

laugh

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This game is pretty much dead right?
what makes you think that? just cause this thread hasn't been updated in awhile doesn't mean they haven't been active else were.... like I dunno their patreon or tumblr...

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
what makes you think that? just cause this thread hasn't been updated in awhile doesn't mean they haven't been active else were.... like I dunno their patreon or tumblr...
Oh they have a patreon, that explains it. Blog hasn't been updated since december.