What's new

ACT [ touhou-marupon-dou ] [当方丸宝堂] Devils were tempted by ballad of anima... / 悪魔を誘う唄 (RE210287) (RJ210287)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Coming Early November

The author behind Damned, Kill Me! and Kobold's Cattleknight is making a direct sequel to Damned, Kill Me!

This time is another side-scroller in the same vein as DKM with what seems to be demonized MC from DKM, and buffed up Orc boss from that time? (He's purple now)

The title is something along the line of Demon Calling Song

Last edited by a moderator:

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [当方丸宝堂] 悪魔を誘う唄(あくまをいざなううた)

Hopefully he makes the backgrounds more detailed. That was probably the biggest downgrade from RJ132648 to DKM, which was that the levels were way less visually interesting and the layouts were far more boring.

herovip0903

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't think that is the MC from DKM, maybe her daughter :confused:

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

' w '/ now with trial

interestingly, this is the first game to have impregnation tag, even though the slave knight one also featured pregnancy

IC_21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

judging by the cg in his pixiv, this game should be better than kobold

and damn, girl with used condom and money strapped on bikini really sexy

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The story is 1000 years after DKM's MC failed to kill the demon king, so I guess that you ain't DKM's MC.

Elarithon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Not being able to hook the game proper (it hooks, but all I'm getting is gibberish) has prevented me from enjoying the previous action games by this maker. Please don't let this one be the same case as well (even though it is, judging by the trial)...

Is there any way to hook this? Even machine translating the script file would be fine by me.

EDIT: Just tried to take a look into the game, and the editor works fine, it's not encrypted or anything. But I can't navigate the editor at all, and copying the text outputs broken lines (guess the locale has something to do with that).

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Game looks good and all, but I hope that the preview CGs and still animations in their pixiv post doesn't show all of what's gonna be in the game.

Elarithon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Found a text hooker that uses CE to automatically copy the text string to your clipboard. Technically, it should work with any game that doesn't have its memory randomized, but I fail to find the right address (maybe it's because I'm not converting the string to hex correctly, says it needs to be encoded in the same way the game encodes stuff). I've not the time right now, so I'm just putting this here for anyone else who wants a go at it.

The hooking tool is called HAT, or "Hook Any Text". You install it as an add-on to CE.

I really wanna be able to understand this game, at least more easily than using OCR tools. Don't wanna give up just yet.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Found a text hooker that uses CE to automatically copy the text string to your clipboard. Technically, it should work with any game that doesn't have its memory randomized, but I fail to find the right address (maybe it's because I'm not converting the string to hex correctly, says it needs to be encoded in the same way the game encodes stuff). I've not the time right now, so I'm just putting this here for anyone else who wants a go at it.

The hooking tool is called HAT, or "Hook Any Text". You install it as an add-on to CE.

I really wanna be able to understand this game, at least more easily than using OCR tools. Don't wanna give up just yet.
Hahh! So I wasn't the only one!

I remember trying out DKM for the sake of the sequel-ish 'Kobold's Knight of Livestock', because we all know just how important canon and whatnot is with regards to h-games... xD
Anyhoo, texthook didn't take, and OCR-ing every frickin' line was too much a bother - and didn't even work half the time, sadly.

I stumbled upon 'HAT' while trying to desperately hook level1's Bad End Hospital, and while unfortunately it is not the saviour what I had thought it would be, it more-or-less made that otherwise unhookable game machine TL-ready.
If I won't forget, I will try it with DKM; it wasn't that complicated to set up, iirc. Though it was quite a while ago...
--------
EDIT: Well, no dice. Managed to find the displayed text (use Translation Aggregator; I OCR-ed the text (which made it copy to the clipboard and as such appear in TA), then highlight it, right-click (in TA's 'Original Text' window), then 'SJIS to Hex', then search that Hex value in Cheat Engine as 'Array of byte'... Seems every speech bubble/newly displayed text is at a new memory location, so... *cryingfaceemojicon*

Last edited:

Ecroose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

so after playing the demo, i'm shipping purple orc and the heroine, then i got beaten and...captured? Looks like its a common thread between the games at least, but how do i get back to fighting things?

85centimeters

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

While the sprite animations are great, unfortunately there seems to be a lot of position recycling. Though there's a nice amount of enemies, I've encountered three different positions in the demo.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

so after playing the demo, i'm shipping purple orc and the heroine, then i got beaten and...captured? Looks like its a common thread between the games at least, but how do i get back to fighting things?
If you get sent to the 'brothel', you have to keep doing scenes until you get an event where the girl start to break down and the bat finally shows up, then the bed will become a warp to leave that place.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Can you upgrade your stats in the Demo?

edit: yep after you leave town and go back in.

Last edited:

Elarithon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

EDIT: Well, no dice. Managed to find the displayed text (use Translation Aggregator; I OCR-ed the text (which made it copy to the clipboard and as such appear in TA), then highlight it, right-click (in TA's 'Original Text' window), then 'SJIS to Hex', then search that Hex value in Cheat Engine as 'Array of byte'... Seems every speech bubble/newly displayed text is at a new memory location, so... *cryingfaceemojicon*
Damn, one of the better h-games out there (probably, judging by the previous one) stuck behind such a pesky wall... I'll try some more stuff over the weekend, if I remember.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Damn, one of the better h-games out there (probably, judging by the previous one) stuck behind such a pesky wall... I'll try some more stuff over the weekend, if I remember.
AGTH+TA is working perfectly fine for me. Only parameters I have added in AGTH are: /x /v /w , and it's the first MultiByteToWideChar string.

Also think it worked for DKM as I recall. Could be wrong on that, but it is the same engine.

Elarithon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

AGTH+TA is working perfectly fine for me. Only parameters I have added in AGTH are: /x /v /w , and it's the first MultiByteToWideChar string.

Also think it worked for DKM as I recall. Could be wrong on that, but it is the same engine.
Works! Thanks a lot! I may even be able to play the previous games now!

EDIT: Seems like a bigger version of the trial was released (around 400mb's bigger), though there is no actual word about it from the author. Gonna see if there's any differences.

EDIT2: Looks like just a bunch of JPG's were added in a folder. Screenshots of the previous game, Damned, Kill me... I guess it's a story recap?

EDIT3: Trying to get the collectible bat wings that can be found in the upper right corner of the first level, right before the statue area. With maxed jump skill I can get right to the edge, but can't seem to go just high enough. Do the wings even do anything? Picked up 2 so far.

EDIT4: Text works fine for the most part, but it just keeps flowing during an H-scene, forcing me to pause and manually copy-paste. Any solution for that, perhaps?

Last edited:

Elarithon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Looks like this is out.
Yup. If it were out on the English dlsite, I'd have bought it already.

EDIT: Someone upped it on A-S, but I don't have the patience for those filesharing services myself.

Last edited:

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Yup. If it were out on the English dlsite, I'd have bought it already.

EDIT: Someone upped it on A-S, but I don't have the patience for those filesharing services myself.
Just use a premium generator, there's a bunch of them. I would upload it but I have a really fucking terrible third world country internet connection ( 7 mbit/s download, 0.5 mbit/s upload, YES, HALF A MEGABIT LOL).

On a sidenote the game is absolutely fucking terrible just like the first one. The hentai is good, the CG's and the sprites are awesome. But that doesn't really make it up for the terrible controls and stupid collision and hit boxes. Can't bring myself to play this buggy mess sadly :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.