What's new

ACT [Umai Neko] Fighting Fairy Angel Heart

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: [Umai Neko] Fighting Fairy Angel Heart

Looks like Umai Neko has now switched over to the Enty/Patreon model for demos. I don't like this change but I guess I was just spoiled by the free demos so I can't really complain. If this model encourages him to work faster in development then that's fine by me.

Though I find it odd he's using a subscription model since he already has quite a lot of sales from dlsite. It requires $11+/month to stay updated with the demos. Given the time taken for previous games, it might take another 3-5 months before the game is finished. So it's at least $30 to stay updated with the demo throughout development and it doesn't have any mentions of getting the full game when it comes out (though that might change).

Edit: from translations, it seems like if you are somehow able to support on Enty instead, you can get the latest demo for only 500 yen/ month.
Edit2: ignore what I said above, the side bar on Enty for 500 yen says you get the game sent to email. However, the main body says Plan A is 500 yen and only includes the animation cg.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks like Umai Neko has now switched over to the Enty/Patreon model for demos. I don't like this change but I guess I was just spoiled by the free demos so I can't really complain. If this model encourages him to work faster in development then that's fine by me.

Though I find it odd he's using a subscription model since he already has quite a lot of sales from dlsite. It requires $11+/month to stay updated with the demos. Given the time taken for previous games, it might take another 3-5 months before the game is finished. So it's at least $30 to stay updated with the demo throughout development and it doesn't have any mentions of getting the full game when it comes out (though that might change).

Edit: from translations, it seems like if you are somehow able to support on Enty instead, you can get the latest demo for only 500 yen/ month.
I like this dev and normally wouldn't mind supporting them....if they weren't selling the game elsewhere. $11/month for a demo and then the chance of having to buy the game once it's out? Nooooo thank you. That's like if an AAA game studio stop paying people to bug test their games and instead make you pay them for the honor of making sure their game isn't a bugged mess. And then charge you full price for the game upon release.

We don't have the full story, and I would hope those who do support them can get their hands on the game free of charge. But man, little sketchy this.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I like this dev and normally wouldn't mind supporting them....if they weren't selling the game elsewhere.

We don't have the full story, and I would hope those who do support them can get their hands on the game free of charge. But man, little sketchy this.
Another way to see it is that it's just a way for Umai Neko to make some money during development while letting his biggest fans preview the game.

At least nothing is being cut back. I don't see any stretch goals so it's not like he's saying "I'll add X if I get $Y/month on Patreon". It's just some money on the side instead of handing out demos for free.

Also it seems like most of the bugs were hammered out in the first few betas. So perhaps the same will happen in the next game. First few beta versions are free so everyone can catch bugs and get a taste of what's to come. Then it moves to Enty/Patreon where the demo updates are basically additional preview content instead of a beta test.

With any luck, someone might still leak the demos anyways.

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm doing the thing. The thing that involves protesting against Patreon pledges by pledging myself and saving others the hassle. The thing will be ready shortly.

The thing:

Last edited:

Dastun

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm doing the thing. The thing that involves protesting against Patreon pledges by pledging myself and saving others the hassle. The thing will be ready shortly.

The thing:
A saint. I went looking for the rep button but it's been removed from ULMF?

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The thing:
Hurray!

As for the game itself, its VERY well animated and cute but the gameplay itself is... ehh... a generic beat em up with too many enemies?

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The thing:
Thanks man!

The demo has level 2 with 2 new enemies. They both have 2 animations, but no new CGs.

By the way, grab + spacebar is really overpowered

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A saint. I went looking for the rep button but it's been removed from ULMF?
Good news there; it should be back very soon: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/announcement.php?f=20

The thing:
Thank you for this. I've never been a fan of Patreon and it's very kind of you to spend money on this to share it. If it was the model where you actually received the full game once you pledged an amount similar to the finished product's selling price, I wouldn't complain, but it bothers me quite a bit when developers want me to spend almost that much on just one demo alone.

Monkey Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've added to the person's who shared the demo reputation for being a fucking boss.

Can anyone who knows Japanese tell me what the $5 level Patreon gets you? I'd like to support the developer, but the extra $6 to get to the $11 tier is a McValue Meal... and I gotta eat to live.

FireFlames

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Besides grab + Space bar

Doing the normal ("Z") attack animation, whilst holding the up arrow key is pretty powerful too.

Easily gets you through the second stage without having to level up or spam MP potions to use "Grab" + "Space"

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Can anyone who knows Japanese tell me what the $5 level Patreon gets you? I'd like to support the developer, but the extra $6 to get to the $11 tier is a McValue Meal... and I gotta eat to live.
The machine translation seems pretty clear on what it gives. It looks like $5 will let you see large preview of the cg animations while $11 gives access to latest demo. Logically, the HCG preview should also be included for the $11+ plan but I don't know for sure.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The machine translation seems pretty clear on what it gives. It looks like $5 will let you see large preview of the cg animations while $11 gives access to latest demo. Logically, the HCG preview should also be included for the $11+ plan but I don't know for sure.
Yes, all higher tiers on patrons also get the bonuses from lower tiers. I'm hoping he atleast gives a full uncensored version of the game on patron. Also, if he gives the game on patreon you could just you know wait till it release pay the $11 then cancel your pledge...

The way I see it if this helps speeds him up with development and he ends up putting out 2 games at the speed he'd take to do 1 it's worth it. At least he's shown improvement and has being releasing games at regular intervals with few to no hick ups unlike a lot of other patreon devs do.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Besides grab + Space bar

Doing the normal ("Z") attack animation, whilst holding the up arrow key is pretty powerful too.

Easily gets you through the second stage without having to level up or spam MP potions to use "Grab" + "Space"
Holding the down arrow key during the regular attack animation makes her grab the target at the end and judo-throw him to the opposite direction. Less vulnerable to counter-attack but less damaging than the jump smash combo.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looking at the pattern , it usualy out in summer
So , maybe somewhere on August~

dummy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The thing:
You sir are jesus. Thank you so much. :>

Having 2 new enemies is great. Small old problem tho, hard to get the boss to do animation, he kept dancing around like the old one. Especially when the minion keep spawning and those minions aren't dancing around like the boss.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You sir are jesus. Thank you so much. :>

Having 2 new enemies is great. Small old problem tho, hard to get the boss to do animation, he kept dancing around like the old one. Especially when the minion keep spawning and those minions aren't dancing around like the boss.
The best way around that i found is to zoom out your camera all the way
and get into a position where you can shoot the boss with your gun. he will move to you automatically without any mooks in the way.

dummy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The best way around that i found is to zoom out your camera all the way
and get into a position where you can shoot the boss with your gun. he will move to you automatically without any mooks in the way.
That's a good idea, thank you for the tips. Will try it. :)

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

How to zoom out?

Edit: Nvm, found it.

Edit 2:

On stage 2, I'm "trapped" on the 3rd screen, how am I supposed to progress?

Edit 3: NVM, it seems I downloaded the wrong version, idiot me.

Last edited:

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Seems like he's going make polls for new enemies to add. His first poll is zombie, succubus, golom, or male student.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's also new CG of some enemy on stage 2 , the green Kamen Rider(?) on his site