H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

PAIO HAZARD

Game Type:
Side-scrolling action

Language:
Japanese

Summary:
Zombie apocalypse and tits. As far as I've played, it's another game of the "dumbfuck enemies and awful level design" variety - The stages are more or less flat, the AI can't navigate changes in elevation and sometimes get stuck, there's no real platforming elements to it - there are separate rooms you can enter and stuff, but yeah. Gameplay-wise, it's a really bad version of Anthophobia or Parasite in City. Fortunately so far, it seems quite short and the gameplay is at least boring rather than frustrating. The art and animations are half-decent. You go around shooting and kicking zombies, you have limited ammo and can pick up medpacks you can use whenever needed rather than on pickup.
Edit: Okay, I told a couple of lies. The gameplay is frustrating because soon enough, you find yourself inside a research facility which is a nightmare to navigate - no color coding, no signage, no map, nothing to really help you. It's simple enough to brute force through, but you get a number of keys that open up several areas that complicate it.
The second one is that there actually is at least one platforming section, but it's about as basic as you'd expect. There's also at least one enemy you can only kill with bullets.

Fetishes/features:
Female protagonist
Clothing destruction
Gangbang
Zombies
Zombie dogs
Tentacle monsters
Machines
Pissing (Mild)

Links:
(JP)

Pics:

Downloads:

Full version available on Nyaa

Controls:
Arrows to move
Space to jump
Up to transition to side-rooms
Z to shoot/OK
X to kick (Opens some doors/gates)
V to use medpack
M to open map

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkxluck

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] PAIO HAZARD (RJ199335)

I didn't bother beating the game, but you can edit the save file. That gave access to the gallery at the main screen, with 8 CGs (7 really, considering one is a reskin of another), but the in-game animation stuff wasn't included at that gallery.

OP
Jesus

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The animations are really nothing to write home about. If anyone does end up playing it, the code for the first code-locked door is
07214545 - just enter 7214545

Oh, and I told a third lie. There's a map lmao

I went ahead and edited my save, and yeah, the gallery is very much incomplete. When the heroine is raped by an enemy, it has a cut-in CG too, but they're not in there, it's only events. And the animations are absent as you said.

I got stuck around what I imagine is the end of the game - I got as far as using the computer behind aforementioned code-locked door, which said "unlock" a hell of a lot of times - this opens up all the elevators. When you take the dust chute to B-3F, if you look on the map there's another small section with only an elevator accessing it. This is the same elevator to the North of the ladder out of the trash area, but you can't take it down to B-3F. I tried killing all the huge green dudes but they're just another enemy, respawning upon reentering the room.

Last edited:

BetaCodeX

Lurker
Reputation score

The animations are really nothing to write home about. If anyone does end up playing it, the code for the first code-locked door is
07214545 - just enter 7214545

Oh, and I told a third lie. There's a map lmao

I went ahead and edited my save, and yeah, the gallery is very much incomplete. When the heroine is raped by an enemy, it has a cut-in CG too, but they're not in there, it's only events. And the animations are absent as you said.

I got stuck around what I imagine is the end of the game - I got as far as using the computer behind aforementioned code-locked door, which said "unlock" a hell of a lot of times - this opens up all the elevators. When you take the dust chute to B-3F, if you look on the map there's another small section with only an elevator accessing it. This is the same elevator to the North of the ladder out of the trash area, but you can't take it down to B-3F. I tried killing all the huge green dudes but they're just another enemy, respawning upon reentering the room.
The room that only gets accessed by an elevator is important; if you recall way back when you got captured in front of the warehouse door, the fat scientist you see fleeing as you leave has the key. He ran to the warehouse room and finds himself in a really, really awkward predicament. Upon helping him out he passes you another keycard you can use to head down to a boss (a gas control room).

Also note that with your newfound double jump powers you can exit and leave all the way back to the start of the game, jump up, and follow it all the way to some other stuff (and a can of surstromming).

RogueTwilight

Demon Girl
Reputation score

speaking of the boss in the gas room any know a way to beat him as he doesn't seem to die via gunfire I'm guessing there is something you need to do before the fight but I can't find anything

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

speaking of the boss in the gas room any know a way to beat him as he doesn't seem to die via gunfire I'm guessing there is something you need to do before the fight but I can't find anything
It can be brute-forced with gunfire but you're in for a wild ride.

I think I had to shoot it a grand total of 80+ times? I'm assuming there's actually some sort of catch, but otherwise, expect to intentionally game over and continue for the 10 bullets it gives you.

You also don't get your bullets back when you continue so you have to reload instead.

That said, the boss in the gas-chamber is the end of the game. Good Luck.

The gallery is also pretty much nothing, it's only the CGs and none of the animations, so if this is too frustrating, it's alright to stop here.

Last edited:
OP
Jesus

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It can be brute-forced with gunfire but you're in for a wild ride.

I think I had to shoot it a grand total of 80+ times? I'm assuming there's actually some sort of catch, but otherwise, expect to intentionally game over and continue for the 10 bullets it gives you.

You also don't get your bullets back when you continue so you have to reload instead.

That said, the boss in the gas-chamber is the end of the game. Good Luck.

The gallery is also pretty much nothing, it's only the CGs and none of the animations, so if this is too frustrating, it's alright to stop here.
Dying effectively resets the level i think, you're probably taking 10 shots of health away from full each time. You could just do what I did and edit the save to make your attacks do 99999 damage.

gmen

Lurker
Reputation score

Gallery is lacking, wonder if he's going to update it.

On a side note, anyone know what program was used to make the game? I keep seeing the same toolbar menus in similar games.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Basically I unlocked everything in the building and then left the room to see three security guards.. two greens and one red get rekt by giant green zombie. Beyond that I became totally lost don't know where to go XD

I just shrugged and gave up after trying to find where I was supposed to go for like 30+ minutes.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

On a side note, anyone know what program was used to make the game? I keep seeing the same toolbar menus in similar games.
Multimedia Fusion 2. I feel like I "should" be able to rip the texture data, but apparently not? At least, not if there's no "mfa" file lying around.

Xman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Honestly i have no idea where to even find the first code door, when i get to the warehouse door i just get captured and game over, so no idea what to do and i looked everywhere.

Moondough

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Honestly i have no idea where to even find the first code door, when i get to the warehouse door i just get captured and game over, so no idea what to do and i looked everywhere.
after going down the dust chute you're going below the 2nd bf as far as i have understood anyway down there there's a zombofied scientist that says that 3 rooms contain the pieces of the code

"(144" "290" "9)x5".

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Nothing too much to write home about, really.

The battle animations are -barely- mediocre, the platforming is, well, barely there.
Not too challenging, straightforward; yet you can get lost pretty easily in that building with the 5 floors. It is advisable to use the map with 'M' key - helps a little.

You get 8 Game Over scenes which you can look at in the Gallery -as mentioned before, animations not included-, and that gets unlocked after completing the game. They are quite hardcore and the art can be hit or miss. Not bad though. Quite long scenes.
Actually, reminds me of ONEONE1, for some reason. Dunno, maybe the "proportions"? xD

And the final boss is tiresome and annoying... Just ask yourself "What would Jesus do?".
Then read it in post #7, and you should be golden.

D-D

Reputation score

Ok I tried out fiddling with my save and that's an easy way to kill the last boss.

But I also remembered seeing some platforms in the beginning and went all the way back there to check what they were about. You can find a few health packs and some ammo, but also a secret path!

This secret path takes you to a grocery store where you find a can of "surströmming" which with a quick google search tells that it's some canned fermented fish. Go to the boss fight with this and the boss will be significantly weakened by the smell of this food! Basicly you can knock the boss back by shooting and you need like 10 shots.

I like this game. It's a bit short and the gameplay is clunky but CG and the way the story went and the events happened was superb. I hope the maker makes some more games. This seems to be his first.

Little Jack

Demon Girl
Reputation score

wow...........i just finish the game and open the gallery, i can't help saying "that's it?", the art is really good though.

FallenGuardian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i dont know why but when im at a restroom and try to save he wont save the game

zipetya

Reputation score

i dont know why but when im at a restroom and try to save he wont save the game
Create a 'save' folder in the game's directory if there is none, and make sure things are not set to 'Read-only'.

FallenGuardian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Create a 'save' folder in the game's directory if there is none, and make sure things are not set to 'Read-only'.
well there is one with a system.ini inside but still cant save the game :\

Elarithon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

ITH is having problems with this... It's really annoying. Anyone got a text hook working properly?

zipetya

Reputation score

well there is one with a system.ini inside but still cant save the game :\
I don't know then, sadly. Just tried things after setting all the files and the save folder to Read-only, and still could save, actually - albeit only to new, not yet used save slots. The ones already in use could not be overwritten...

So again, check the 'save' folder and the game files' attributes, and make sure they are NOT set to Read-only...

ITH is having problems with this... It's really annoying. Anyone got a text hook working properly?
Well, VNR can sort-of hook it, but you have to enable both repetition elimination options, and it would still repeat the hell out of some of the text, and miss about a third/fourth of the total (mostly the text when the textbox is full - uses three lines).

Also, both ITH and ITHVNR finds a thread with all the text, but it is (non-infinitely, but) repetative, so you need to set TA to handle repetitive text coming from the clipboard...
(in TA's Context Manager; just tried it and it works sort-of, with 'Handle looping text' on, 'Character repeat filter', 'Phrase extension filter' and 'Phrase repeat filter' set to the second from top option - so basically, not on 'None')

Wow. Talk about much ado about nothing. I didn't even like this game that much. lol
Hope I could help, though!