ACT Patreon Active [Azurezero] Yuki's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Are my saves with the old demo compatable with the new?

Edit: answered my own question, no. seems not.
They should be, as long as the room name is the same. whats happening when you try to load?

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
They should be, as long as the room name is the same. whats happening when you try to load?
One loads a black screan, the other loads me out of the map. It might be linked to the removations so I'm not going to complain, it means I saw them and the new opening.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
One loads a black screan, the other loads me out of the map. It might be linked to the removations so I'm not going to complain, it means I saw them and the new opening.
i don't think i moved any of the save points in rooms though... it's worrying because people might not be able to carry on from their demo saves when the full game comes out

yeah in the save file it uses the room name
room="room17"
so i don't know why it would load into a black screen. also if theres no savepoint in the room specified it should throw an error message.
if there is, yuki is created at that point

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
btw... there was some code missing in my project when i checked today that cocked up the walljump upgrade and all textboxes... were those issues in the demo i released? cause no ones brought it up yet

wolfarren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
took me like 2 days to figure out what that power up did at the bottom of that deep dark hole of hell :D

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
took me like 2 days to figure out what that power up did at the bottom of that deep dark hole of hell :D
so the walljump did work in the demo? still dont know when my code got fucked up. were the textboxes working too?

laugh

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey thanks for the demo and all azurezero, surprised this one managed to get past me. I just downloaded the itchio demo and I didn't see any text boxes either, also for the power ups only the attack up one showed anything. So I was confused about what I was getting and stuff. Apart from that I like the animations and all, I'll have to pitch in with everyone else saying how fast the enemies are especially the slimes - but I didn't have too much trouble with it.

Looking forward to when this one releases, keep up the good work.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hey thanks for the demo and all azurezero, surprised this one managed to get past me. I just downloaded the itchio demo and I didn't see any text boxes either, also for the power ups only the attack up one showed anything. So I was confused about what I was getting and stuff. Apart from that I like the animations and all, I'll have to pitch in with everyone else saying how fast the enemies are especially the slimes - but I didn't have too much trouble with it.

Looking forward to when this one releases, keep up the good work.
thats odd... every time i test them the text boxes work.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hired help for the new enemies I need for the game. here's a preview. most games would have the corrupted version come up later than the regular version.

also someone testing the demo sent me this
so I've added mercy invincibility to getting hit, fun as it was to get juggled, getting juggled infinitely is game breaking.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
New patch to the itch io demo that really should've have fixed the textboxes. also nerfed wolfmen juggles

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Minor tweaks to Yuki's Tale today, funny thing happened.

I laughed, but figured people would see this as an immersion breaking bug, so i fixed it...

Also switched how the gas rooms work, now you have a lust bar overlaid with the hp bar, when lust is greater than current hp, you lose.

Still no new rooms added, still stuck on level design, I hope to get unstuck as soon as possible... It's not fun.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I am making real progress again now, a little at a time. but its definitely not gonna be done for next month as originally intended. I just got hit with every art block imaginable these last 5 months and i still havent fully recovered.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've got the 2nd area finished enough to actually work on the 2nd boss now. 2 months ago i got these animated game over cg made. i have 4 of them, but they wont be going in the game until the last update due to playtesting already taking 2minutes to compile. and i dont wanna make it even longer. in a few weeks i'll be releasing the 2nd part of the game to patrons, and also adding it to the itch.io page for the people who already paid for the game.

i still need animations for the first boss, the plantgirl, and the pink water, oh and the masturbation in the gas areas.

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
pressing space at all during gameplay causes afew windows to open up. it's not a crash or anything, just press 'ok' and the game works again. game is great, looking forward to its inevitable release. im always a fan of the H platformers and act games. never enough of them so im happy to support any act H game.

um, but ease up on the wall jump chaining into roll into wall jump. thats my least favorite kind of walljump. just go with the megaman x wallslide on the same wall; or if you must make it so i cant wallslide on the wall i just jumped off of; give the walljump a good kick in the opposite direction. this should make those segments much smoother and the kick will feel much more satisfying.

*EDIT* map. dont forget a map, every metroidvania needs one. mark save rooms as green so theyre easier to spot, mark anywhere the player hasnt visited with incomplete squares, mark player location. also, i would recommend if youre putting forks and multiple paths to clearly mark save rooms and boss rooms, either with a border, fancy door, or a simple sign post. i lost so much progress afew times and i felt stupid just walkin' in the opposite direction and seeing a save room just right there. and finally, its good practice to put a save room directly before, or across from a boss room, more so in a hentai game. if the boss is hard i dont have to walk aaaaaaall the way back, and if the boss looks like it has a promising H scene.....im gonna lose to them on purpose. please give me the leeway to do so.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I can't code a map unfortunately. if i had a standard room size i couldve made one that creates itself but that isn't the case i cause i was rather silly at the start of development. I am working on adding kick to the wall jumps... and i already considered the megaman wall slide even if i wasnt gonna let you scale the wall that way... im just not back up to scratch with the spriting yet. next update is an air jump, but i definitely need to add the kick for that.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
woot, welcome to the imcomplete forum :3

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
wait... why's it been retagged as rpg?