What's new

ACT [GRIMHELM] Alien Quest: Eve (RJ311440)

MegatronYES

Sex Demon
Reputation score
So as we get to the lower levels it appears that the combat is not... 100% flailing spams. So that's nice.

I'm glad this developer appears to have finally hit a point of consistent quality

angelgirlxx55

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So is there a way to unlock the gallery. The camera and hoping you don't fall onto enemies that take out half your health is annoying. Even with the camera zoomed out all the way you still cant see whats above or below you.

blood mane

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
holy shit the animations are really fcking hot! Especially when she twitches after the climax. hope she will have a VO soon.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Had a ton of fun with the new demo, but while I usually appreciate high difficulty this one mostly comes down to cheese.I often have to stunlock enemies with the crouch whip, otherwise its often almost impossible to manage a room full of enemies. I like that every enemy is an actual threat, but when there's a horde of them and there's only two cheese tactics that make it possible to defeat them it becomes a bit out of hand.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Had a ton of fun with the new demo, but while I usually appreciate high difficulty this one mostly comes down to cheese.I often have to stunlock enemies with the crouch whip, otherwise its often almost impossible to manage a room full of enemies. I like that every enemy is an actual threat, but when there's a horde of them and there's only two cheese tactics that make it possible to defeat them it becomes a bit out of hand.
Playing this game with a xb360 controller is much easier, killing a horde of enemies is easy enough if you have a lot of mana. I usually do the spinning slash, and hit them a couple of times with a basic attack.. But, since the game doesn't have a lot of save points, it gets really annoying when you make it through the area to get the powerups, and then die because of almost no health pickups and strong hordes of enemies. Game needs a lot more save points and a bit of enemy health balancing IMO. Also grinding is a must..

Egregore

Lurker
Reputation score
The enemies and the hords ar easy to manage with the spinning attack, and the mana orb regenerates it very quickly. As for the save points, I agree. I found the only one in the blue card zone by watching the walkthrough of Grimhelm (if you look at the map closely at the end). Before, I died at least 10 times trying to find the save point in the area.

The problem is the area where you have to go below and you don't see anything : there is either nothing or you get killed in 2-3 seconds, and it's impossible to know before even for a room that you already visited enemies location are a little random. But once you have leveled several times and with the different boost, it's rather easy at the end.

Tildryn

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Pretty well put-together, though the enemy variety leaves a lot to be desired. It's almost entirely variations on 'buff dude'. Normally Grimhelm is more inventive with monsters.

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score
It is not a complete solution to the death when jumping down issue but I try to use the spin attack while I am jumping down so that their stun state will not cause collision damage when I land. Now if only the power bomb does not cause damage to you...

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Yeah I agree, using a Gamepad makes the game much easier to handle. It also needs either more save points or better balancing, so deaths come less down to failing a repetitive pattern. A lot of my deaths were pretty much that, I wasn't failing to solve a challenge, I was mostly slipping up on a repetitve strategy that I succeeded in before. A lot of the difficulty comes down to repetition, is what I'm trying to say.
Pretty well put-together, though the enemy variety leaves a lot to be desired. It's almost entirely variations on 'buff dude'. Normally Grimhelm is more inventive with monsters.
also this

kiko

Reputation score
I honestly can't wait for the little dog-thingy to have its animation, and those flying butts/thighs

Also, I feel really bad that I can't support Grimhelm's patreon. But if anyone from here can, please do. Dude works really hard for his money and honestly he deserves it

Egregore

Lurker
Reputation score
According to his previous artwork there will be a lot more enemies, maybe not all with H animation (the end game enemies will look like aliens from the movie). And the total map (EVE CORE and the MOTHER BRAIN) seems very huge, so a lot of space for other enemies.

The next update will probably be in a few months, so now we wait : (

NekoMG2

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I don't know if it's a bug or something, why my character can't stop keep using spin attack....?

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Please support him if you could.
Hero!
Btw, seeing as everyone is thanking him, if i get error upong extraction with the file data/resources.assetts (corrupt filesystem), it is my download who is corrupt right?

MegatronYES

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Although the functionality and the layout is appreciated, the gamepad doesn't make it THAT much easier... because it doesn't let you use the fucking D-pad to move. The D-pad selects your secondary weapon while you are forced to use the left stick to move in a fucking 2-D environment. Even with the back-dash being on a bumper button it is still largely useless due to the clunky nature of the animations and enemy interactions.

kiko

Reputation score
Hero!
Btw, seeing as everyone is thanking him, if i get error upong extraction with the file data/resources.assetts (corrupt filesystem), it is my download who is corrupt right?
I've never had a Mega download fail. Try downloading using MEGA sync.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
I've never had a Mega download fail. Try downloading using MEGA sync.
I've told someone who had a similar problem that it could be a region issue. The people asking me about this problem mostly live in Asia somewhere, and clearly I live in the U.S.

Or their internet sucks and they should go the spectrum route. (This is a bad joke, please ignore this.)

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Thoughts regarding this update.
Apparently now you start the game dealing much less damage and having less hp and mp, plus you also get damaged a lot more. This is obviously related to the fact that now you can increases 4 primary stats in order to become stronger (I don't think this was happening on previous versions).
To beat the 1st boss, I noticed I needed to grind quite a bit, increasing my attack damage and defense plus hp in order to get through it. I sincerely hope this isn't going to be streamline throughout the game as it'll probably end up being very boring...
After the 1st boss, people reported here that it's infuriating to do anything on the lower levels, even so to find a save point. This is to be intentional apparently, since you can grab a power up for your attacks, which multiply the damage by 4, making the enemies on lower levels incredibly easy. From this point on you can easilly find the only 2 save points available there.
A suggestion is to first take the right route, as you can get the power faster from there, but it'll require you to know a couple of tricks (which I believe you can easilly find out, if you still haven't). You should then go to the save point on that same route and save the game. From there on you can easilly grind everything.
About the enemies, I don't find them to be recicled as so far the only ones that are being reused are those flying things. However I'd say that some animations are recicled? Some new positions with several transitions (such as an animation on being grabed) would be nice, but I guess that's not going to happen on this game.