What's new

RPG [Alicesoft] RANCE X

Status
Not open for further replies.

setsura

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
say any strategy or what must to do for save all country in 1st playtrough , seems impossible for me :(

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
aside from kanami. does any one know of any attack sealers?
Ninja's ranged attack "shuriken" has a chance to stun/interrupt, the character you mentioned is a ninja from SR and there are a few others available.

has any one found a reason to choose a duplicate of a card? if it's anything like gatcha's, dupes are always needed lol.
None that I know of, though the whole system has me largely confused at the moment, for example there are sets/pairs of cards that you can "complete" (Lia, Maris and Kanami is one such set for example) but I have no idea what that actually does.

There also seems to be a significant variance in card strength, which really annoys me since I have to fight a boss that randomly replaces people in your lineup and the entire fight is just RNG, and the fight itself takes forever, there seems to be no way to lock out certain cards so he'd switch in people who have no attacks left and that just screws you.

There's also variant cards, like different styles of Sill, and I'm not sure what the deal with that is beside them typically having other spells/elements.

Also, to add to your guide on the previous page; skills vary in whether they cool down or ramp up, there seems to be three categories and as a rule, charges/ramps reset on "resting" spots. The three categories seem to be:
Normal skills; these cost a set number of AP after which they cost one extra AP on the next turn, but never more than one (so using the same skill would be 1->2->2->2 and never 3 or more) however not using that skill on a turn resets it to the original costs.
Charges; Can only be used a certain number of times (generally just once) and need to be reset by resting to use again (Maria's fortification skill, and one of the Kalar ghosts' skills)
Ramp; These basically just cost one AP more each time you use them, this seems to include health recovery spells and some other effects (like Maria's Tulip) keep in mind not all support/recovery magic has this handicap. Church knights for example heal you on each attack and this doesn't ramp, and Kalar archers have a status recovery that doesn't ramp either (but also doesn't recover health)

so who's the father...
Rance, at the end of Rance Quest Magnum.

Say any strategy or what must to do for save all country in 1st playtrough , seems impossible for me
It's probably possible, though if it is it probably requires a lot of know-how and luck on getting certain cards, same as how a no-casualty run is possible on the first playthrough of SR but you'd need to fight 4-5 different factions at once and engage at specific times etc. There certainly seem to be a lot of instances where there are alternate routes leading to/from fights that you're generally meant to lose (like Anise first time where you only get 4 turns before you flee)

Last edited:

alan0n

Reputation score
aside from kanami. does any one know of any attack sealers? there is a boss that insta-wins if he gets 4 chargers off. kanami can seal 1 attack at random, at a 70% chance. so it's possible, but the odds are against you. having a second sealer would help so much. to many units to test.

edit: beat the mountain giant. found a second sealer and it came in clutch. this was my team. kanami and the one to the right of her were sealers. boss didn't do damage, it was just his insta-lose condition that got me.

This girl has a buff clear attached to her attack. It ruins that dude with the 4 counter win mechanic.

My issue is on turn 6 doing the quest where you have to go and fight tokyo cops in modern japan. The humvees just kick the everloving crap out of me. Tried tons of different strats but they just bomb damage on you like nobodies business.

Last edited:

alan0n

Reputation score
say any strategy or what must to do for save all country in 1st playtrough , seems impossible for me :(
This isn't possible. You are supposed to find endings and get CP to make you more powerful then next playthrough. Its not my favorite setup for a game since it makes getting the ACUTAL ending a long ridiculous slog. But seeing this is the last were supposed to see of Rance I will brace myself and get through it I guess.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ridiculous slog does sum up the gameplay though, they stacked so many layers of RNG that can make the game swing from utterly trivial to ball-busting difficult, and getting a bad start quickly snowballs into worse and worse situations while a great start means more overkill, more drops and more power.

Really not a fan of this kind of gameplay, especially with fights themselves being just tedious repetition for the most part. Thankfully the music, art and story are all great.

Kamina4tw

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
hello, can one explain the bonuses to me + the 2 choices below
I know the first 4 :)
/edit nvm

Last edited:

setsura

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
all deadline event really make you brute force or suddenly you got bad ending -_-
so in turn 2 i just progress to beat babolat (because deadline is 3 turn) but dont know how to beat it , suggestion please someone?

steamcleaned

Lurker
Reputation score
hmmm. it seems I am missing something, I am still in Turn 1, third map (I think) after fighting the stone golem you have ti use Rance's 3AP attack on three times, I have to fight a witch (?) of some sort, we draw after 4 rounds, she backs off we fight again and she wins easily (she has 157K HP).

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You need to use the character you obtain after retreating the first time, since she has a skill that blocks like 90% of magic damage, and use that when you're about to get hit by big magic. Really though, if you can't read what's going on you're better off waiting for guides/translations because this shit is complicated.

kazpor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Understanding drop system is very important to get a card nearly every battle. This makes later fights much easier.
1. Some units add +3 to drop rate. You don't have to use such a card but you have to use someone from the same nation(team) for this bonus to count. Total bonus is the third green value in the team screen.
2. Boss fights have +100 to drop rate so you always get something.
3. Overkilling adds to drop rate. Use a strong attack on minimal hp enemy.
4. First time kill by a particular unit on a given mission gives +50%. Switch cards in your team and try to deal finishing blow with different cards.
5. If you don't get a drop next battle will have raised drop rate.

XLucivarX

Lurker
Reputation score
I have a few questions, does the button on the starting screen down in the middle lead to a questionnaire or are these some kind of options? It looks like a questionnaire but I'm not sure. There is no voice over, right? just for the case I accidentally disabled it. Is it possibly game breaking to cheat through every fight? I like the fights but I rather wait until I don't have to rely on vnr anymore. And finally, are all possible outcomes listed in the red (yellow in regular fights) marked text on the right side at the beginning of the fight, even those who lead to game over scenes?

Last edited:

setsura

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
hmmm. it seems I am missing something, I am still in Turn 1, third map (I think) after fighting the stone golem you have ti use Rance's 3AP attack on three times, I have to fight a witch (?) of some sort, we draw after 4 rounds, she backs off we fight again and she wins easily (she has 157K HP).
1st you need heal
2nd you must use rizna second skill if redeye use that skill with "!" or use kanami second attack to cancel (but rng to because some attack maybe fail to cancel)

lordmaxim

Reputation score
Anyone know the requirements to become's miki's lover for the achievement?

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I'm curious about what happens in the story. There is one pic with Bird and Sill that makes me wonder WTF is happening especially...

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Does anyone know if there is a page where they have translation progress for the Rance games? I think there's Rance Quest, Helman Revolution and now this one to be translated, right?

Are people working on that? Please tell me they are!

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Does anyone know if there is a page where they have translation progress for the Rance games? I think there's Rance Quest, Helman Revolution and now this one to be translated, right?

Are people working on that? Please tell me they are!
Go to mangagamer's blog to see translation progress and they are working on Sengoku and Quest right now.

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score
@lordmaxim
not sure the actual pre requirement, (something about having more than 5CP from what ppl say about)
in any case somewhere on turn 9 you will see a new majin with some kind of white dolphin, pop.
Beat that country majin up and during base phase to recruit her.
at turn 10 preparation phase there should be choice for miki to (not gonna spoilt)
reminder that on turn 11 you cant do this anymore, so this event is seriusly time limited

@markus0i
Since its totaly story related and dont wanna spoilt it in forum here AGTH code try to text hook and machine translate it if you really curious =D
/HSN30:0@00614875:

Last edited:

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
The grand finale? And here I thought this shitty series would never end.

Re: RANCE X

He himself NTRs a few people (Bird Lithfie being a big example) but in some bad endings some of his girls are captured and raped.
Its very minor netorare, if you can even call it that. BTW, rape is not automatically netorare. It does have netori though, which is not exactly the same thing. Regardless, many of the hypocrite nerds were furious about those minor netorare scenes though so I doubt they will be featured to any significant degree, if at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.