What's new

RPG RPG Maker Loli [月の水企画 / Tsuki-no-Mizu] ナイトメアガールズ/Nightmare Girls (RJ215006)

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Doesn't it happen when they run out of HP?

No pregnancy in the demo. See comment 25 ( )
Ok, good to know. There are a few pregnant images/poses among the trial's art assets so I thought it might be available, but hadn't come across it.

Looking forward to the release, though I hope the Battle-H gets a little more in-depth, as Lipucd mentioned.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Lipucd I'll see what I end up doing with the page. It's in need of a few revisions in light of the demo, as bits are demonstrably incorrect, but I haven't had a chance to get around to revising it. I think I'm in the "this could be very interesting indeed, but it needs to fleshed out a bit more" camp. In particular, the sex-stats section is a bit of a puzzle to me; loads of detail which is hardly used. But lets see where this goes. My worry is that it's going to continue my love-hate relationship with Tsuki-no-mizu's games.

Oh, and I think the H-scenes are somewhat too long for the amount of CG they have. But I feel that about most H-games, really.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I was reading over that english page and saw "Oh, and if a party member runs out of HP and faints? They can still be targeted by H-attacks, and they won't be able to resist."
I'm wondering if that's not in the demo because it's not done or if they just forgot about it. Sounds nice, so I hope they keep it. In the demo they just kind of disappear when defeated.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I was reading over that english page and saw "Oh, and if a party member runs out of HP and faints? They can still be targeted by H-attacks, and they won't be able to resist."
I'm wondering if that's not in the demo because it's not done or if they just forgot about it. Sounds nice, so I hope they keep it. In the demo they just kind of disappear when defeated.
Ah. I've double checked the source and I just plain mistranslated that - serves me right for translating when tired, because I got the translation completely mixed up. Sorry! It's not a feature. A correct translation would be that when a party member faints while being targeted by an H-attack, they'll have a cum as they faint. I'll put that on my list of things to fix.

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This seems like it will be phenominal, but a waste to play without a translation as there is so much to it. Another thing to look forward to, i suppose.

ay0lah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
As a fan and play all of their games, will eagerly waiting for this... even though it said at june.. hopefully they can release faster.

Well i think the game will be like Saki quest for the story, creature hunter, jumble jokers, and acerola games battle mechanics but who cares if they are similar. The cg are original, all of tsuki-no-mizu games have balance enemy difficulty, and they even improved it with corruption stats ( where the other games doesn't have ). Challenging the final secret boss are really enjoyable in all of their games.

And what makes me happy that they still use VX ace. I think rpgmaker MV will be too heavy for their games and they don't want to ignore this problem that will effect their sales too.

Last edited:

JonathanCS

Sex Demon
Reputation score
is there a way to adjust the resolution on the demo?

EDIT: ok, found a way, just delete the wndsz file from the system folder

Last edited:

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Nice work on the fan-site, will be looking forward to this.

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
@habisain:
Game seems mostly done judging by the dev's latest blog post (the one dated Aug 28). Apparently he's been playtesting and debugging the game since the start of August. Expected game length is around 20 hours (+- 5 hours depending on how much of a completionist the player is and how much text the player skips), not counting New Game+, so yeah, a lot of playtesting is necessary. Author also mentions that the game is larger and more finicky (to code) than his previous releases.

Edit: Removed direct link because of an image in the sidebar.

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
@habisain:
Game seems mostly done judging by the dev's latest . Apparently he's been playtesting and debugging the game since the start of August. Expected game length is around 20 hours (+- 5 hours depending on how much of a completionist the player is and how much text the player skips), not counting New Game+, so yeah, a lot of playtesting is necessary. Author also mentions that the game is larger and more finicky (to code) than his previous releases.
Yes. That it's "mostly done" has actually been mentioned a few times on the dev blog. It isn't actually that surprising on the code-front; code-wise, the Tsuki-no-mizu/Newmoonlabel games are fairly conservative. I'm guessing that the combat rape and sex stats systems are by far more complex than anything else they've implemented, not to mention the balance issues that arise from attacks that remove a party member from combat. (And yes, I am going to update my site in a bit - I've been wrestling with a few other things, but was working on the site yesterday)

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Yes. That it's "mostly done" has actually been mentioned a few times on the dev blog. It isn't actually that surprising on the code-front; code-wise, the Tsuki-no-mizu/Newmoonlabel games are fairly conservative. I'm guessing that the combat rape and sex stats systems are by far more complex than anything else they've implemented, not to mention the balance issues that arise from attacks that remove a party member from combat. (And yes, I am going to update my site in a bit - I've been wrestling with a few other things, but was working on the site yesterday)
Well to be honest Tanabe's(T.O.D.) previous games weren't exactly script complex either... I mean look at his biggest games thus far the Lady knight saga and Lily knight saga those were both using mainly stock RPG maker functionality without doing anything too fancy, but the difference between those and other games that were out at the same time is that Tsuki no mizu's games have overwhelming quality in both the writing and art so they don't need to cover up any lack of content behind cryptic and falsely complex mechanics and whatnot...

Now as for the release date the guy has broken trough it a long time ago(look at the original release date on DLSite), but as far as i'm concerned for a project such as this one it's fine... I mean this is clearly his "dream game" throwing in spades of everything he ever wanted to see in an H game before(it's prety obvious if you've read trough his many blog posts during the last few years).

Content wise it's going to be his best game yet even though some things are not clear yet.For instance on his blog he mentioned futanarisation a few times but he wasn't very specific whatever all the girls will be subjected to it at some point(if it becomes implemented as a status effect) or it will be just Kokia specific kink(she will later on become a permanent futa).I did send him a few questions regarding that in the comments on his blog(in japanese of course) but he never really answers questions or is vague at best even if he does from time to time...

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Oh, I wasn't complaining about the lack of scripting complexity. T.O.D.'s main strength always has been story, art and the core game balance, not game mechanics (although I'm personally all for the addition of game mechanics, because my main critiscm of the Tsuki-no-mizu games is that sex is almost entirely consequence-less, which I think dulls the impact). Being conservative with the features means that the core of the game is typically high quality. T.O.D.s dream game? Perhaps, but not convinced. I'm not certain he's the type to say "this is my magnum opus" for anything (although he is pretty proud of Lilium Union - Laurel is currently on one of his business cards).

The impression I've got so far is that futanarisation will be Kokia specific, although I'd have to go hunting for my source to double check that - but it's basically because a few times it's been mentioned that the content for each character does focus around a couple of kinks. Also, practically speaking futanarisation is a lot of additional art for this game, because it essentially doubles the amount of character status poses in battle. Now that I think about it, doing some basic maths from the demo version and the planned total number of character poses (about 200) strongly suggests that not every character will have futa status, as you'd end up with not a lot of other content (in fact, you'd end up without content which is already known to exist). Although I suppose the plans could have changed...

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Oh, I wasn't complaining about the lack of scripting complexity. T.O.D.'s main strength always has been story, art and the core game balance, not game mechanics (although I'm personally all for the addition of game mechanics, because my main critiscm of the Tsuki-no-mizu games is that sex is almost entirely consequence-less, which I think dulls the impact). Being conservative with the features means that the core of the game is typically high quality. T.O.D.s dream game? Perhaps, but not convinced. I'm not certain he's the type to say "this is my magnum opus" for anything (although he is pretty proud of Lilium Union - Laurel is currently on one of his business cards).

The impression I've got so far is that futanarisation will be Kokia specific, although I'd have to go hunting for my source to double check that - but it's basically because a few times it's been mentioned that the content for each character does focus around a couple of kinks. Also, practically speaking futanarisation is a lot of additional art for this game, because it essentially doubles the amount of character status poses in battle. Now that I think about it, doing some basic maths from the demo version and the planned total number of character poses (about 200) strongly suggests that not every character will have futa status, as you'd end up with not a lot of other content (in fact, you'd end up without content which is already known to exist). Although I suppose the plans could have changed...
Hmm, well i didn't mean "the dream game" in a literal sense like him making a magnum opus game, but rather throwing in stuff that he always wanted to do in some of his previous games but couldn't quite make it because of whatever reason (time constraints, too much effort involved, real life issues and/or similar stuff)...

And yeah his statements thus far about futanarisation gave me the similar impression as yours, but the problem is he mentioned before that it could also become a status effect that would only last while the girls are in the other world (Kokia being the exception) which would make sense seeing how there will be cities and villages over there(the other world) which wont revert body modifications and psychological influences like returning to the base in the real world does(they call it decontamination in the game)... Another problem is the fact that he didn't deny nor go more in depth about the whole thing. Although i would personally really like to see him do something a bit more involved with futanarisation, in the end we will have to wait for the game to get released to see how exactly it will work...

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score
I hadn't been keeping up with this game as closely, mainly because it just makes me impatient for its release, but I'm now caught up on the new mechanics and such shown, and...well, I'm as eager to see it come out as ever, I suppose. This game is shaping up to look really good, and I'm especially interested to see how it handles a lot of things mechanically, like the vore attacks targeting a single character when there's multiple characters and multiple enemies (since it means the character and enemy have to both be identified in some way that can be referenced later - this can be surprisingly tricky to keep track of).

Interest as a fellow developer aside, the game looks like a lot of fun in general. I did see something that I'm not sure I translated correctly in one of the posts, so just to make sure: there's still only the same demo that's been available on DLsite for the better part of a year, correct?

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I hadn't been keeping up with this game as closely, mainly because it just makes me impatient for its release, but I'm now caught up on the new mechanics and such shown, and...well, I'm as eager to see it come out as ever, I suppose. This game is shaping up to look really good, and I'm especially interested to see how it handles a lot of things mechanically, like the vore attacks targeting a single character when there's multiple characters and multiple enemies (since it means the character and enemy have to both be identified in some way that can be referenced later - this can be surprisingly tricky to keep track of).

Interest as a fellow developer aside, the game looks like a lot of fun in general. I did see something that I'm not sure I translated correctly in one of the posts, so just to make sure: there's still only the same demo that's been available on DLsite for the better part of a year, correct?
Yes, it's exactly the same demo...

About the mechanics: Yes those were really interesting to sift trough what little of it was in the demo because over half of the battle features weren't even implemented (i went trough the scripts and common events but there were no traces of the things like pregnancy in the trial version), especially since this is Tanabe's first time actually trying to implement such stuff in a larger scope (aside from Gemini fort that had some rudimentary battle fuck/rape mechanics)...

On a sidenote because of all the potential this game has it's all the more painful to actually wait for the release (at worst we will have to wait until the end of september although i personally speculate it will be out by the 15th or so )...

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
This game is shaping up to look really good, and I'm especially interested to see how it handles a lot of things mechanically, like the vore attacks targeting a single character when there's multiple characters and multiple enemies (since it means the character and enemy have to both be identified in some way that can be referenced later - this can be surprisingly tricky to keep track of).
With my software design hat on, it's not that hard to keep track of. You'd basically implement this as each enemy having a variable which states which character(s) they're attacking and each character having a variable which says which enemy is attacking them (and potentially some kind of priority to determine if one enemies attack can override another). Getter/Setter methods should then be used to enforce the rules, and then the enemy AI can know what's a valid move and what isn't. However, if adding this to RPGMaker, I suppose it does involve extending/overriding methods which are quite deeply embedded, and there's only a few games that do that (although to be frank, most people don't modify the AI routines at all; instead they just check after-the-fact and have any move that was invalid fail in some way, which does simplify the implementation a lot).

As to when it comes out? Best case the middle of this month, worst case 2019? The worst case is if there's some significant game-breaking bug discovered in the near future though, and my impression is that the systems are thought to be relatively bug-free by this stage, so I doubt that will come to pass - but with software dev, one never knows. I actually think it's most likely to be the end of this month/beginning of next though.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score
With my software design hat on, it's not that hard to keep track of. You'd basically implement this as each enemy having a variable which states which character(s) they're attacking and each character having a variable which says which enemy is attacking them (and potentially some kind of priority to determine if one enemies attack can override another). Getter/Setter methods should then be used to enforce the rules, and then the enemy AI can know what's a valid move and what isn't. However, if adding this to RPGMaker, I suppose it does involve extending/overriding methods which are quite deeply embedded, and there's only a few games that do that (although to be frank, most people don't modify the AI routines at all; instead they just check after-the-fact and have any move that was invalid fail in some way, which does simplify the implementation a lot).
You've pretty much nailed it here. It's not an impossible task by any means, just extra tricky with the tools RPG Maker gives you by default, and it takes a certain amount of finesse and testing to make sure that it handles everything the way you want it to even after going through the effort of setting it up. That said, a cursory glance through how things are set up so far here makes me think that they're on top of this, so I'm really hoping that the bugs are minimal and that we can see this game soon. While I haven't disliked Tsukinomizu's other games, this one looks to be a lot of fun.

While we wait, I suppose I'll stalk the blog for release news, and apart from that, check the fansite for updates there. Not to pressure you on updating it or anything like that, but your efforts thus far and any contributed in the future are greatly appreciated.

nnescio

Reputation score
Just curious, but you guys can all read Japanese?