What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Wolfenstahl] Deathblight RPG – Operation Thunderfang

LostLogia

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey guys!

I wanted to let you know about this dev and their hentai game I have been a fan of now for some time. I saw they already have a topic here about themselves in general, but nothing specific just for their game, so I made this new topic.
Like in the title, it's called Deathblight RPG – Operation Thunderfang and it's really awesome!

It's still in development and they call it an alpha, but it's already become one of the best RPG maker hentai games I have played.
The newest version is Patreon only, but you can download the previous version for free on their blog, here:

Here is a link to their Patreon:

(They also fund a weekly webcomic about their OC's with that patreon, which is also really cool: )

So I was wondering why they don't have more support and found out they don't really promote themselves. I think that's a total waste and they deserve so much more support and fans.

That's why I thought I'd help them out with that, since I really like them and their game!

Anyway, speaking about the game, it's an RPG maker game like I already said, and it's like a clone of ahriman's The moral sword of Asagi. They apparently got permission from him to use part of his code to make their own game.
It's in the genre of GoR and uses a lot of CGs rather than sprite animations, but their CGs are top notch so no complaint there from me.
Most hentai content comes in combat when enemies sexually attack your charas and rip their clothes or bend them over to fuck them. The rest is the CGs I mentioned, obviously.
It's also still in alpha, only the first and half of the second dungeons are in, but they are constantly pushing out updates and are pretty reliable with that, adding new content regularly and always fix bugs. Which is also something amazing, their releases are almost completely bug-free and even if there are bugs they get fixed within a week or so!

Here are some screenshots I took:

This is a list of currently included fetishes:

- Kemonomimi (Animal-Eared people, with tails too, different animal species)
- Bondage
- Gangbang
- Rape (mostly during combat and Game Over Rape, GoR)
- Mind Break / Corruption if you run into a game over
- Pregnancy (in the GoR Scenes)
- Big Cocks
- Tentacles

I think they're planning on adding a job system to earn gold outside of combat with a corruption element soon, but I don't exactly know when.

They do most of their announcements and posts on Patreon nowadays but also post important stuff on their blog as well.
The devs themselves are really great people from all I saw. They listen to their fans and community and are very honest and open about everything regarding the development of the game. You can also chat with them when they are doing their streams on saturdays, on picarto.tv:

Last edited by a moderator:

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hmm, has potential. I'm kind of a sucker for any and all English games, mind. I'll give it a shot when I'm not in the middle of midterms.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Worth noting before anyone drives the Patreon hate bandwagon round here
lso, please note that you don't have to support our Patreon to enjoy the game.
In fact the full version of the game will be FREE for everyone to play and we don't plan on selling the game once it's done.
However, Patrons will get early access to the newest versions right away, and they also have a say in the content that gets added to the game.
The public release will always be one step behind the Patreon version

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
This is one of those few projects with legitimate potential (and not the desperate wishful thinking kind) but it should be noted that the developer has a bunch of half-finished/abandoned projects to their name already. Game currently has something like 5 scenes (combat loss in first dungeon, boss loss in first dungeon, trap in first dungeon, combat loss in second dungeon, trap in second dungeon) in addition to the kind of combat interactions that Moral Asagi had (torn -> naked/sex -> bondage/sex) so there's a decent amount of content even in the current build.

All that is to say I really fucking hope this actually works out, the Western scene could use some success stories. <_<

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score
That's correct!
(all of it)
Thank you very much for having faith in us.

Please let me explain a bit regarding our half-finished/abandoned projects:
(keep in mind that this is the summed up version, the detailed stories are all written on our blog)

Paperheads [Brawler]: finished –- 100% self funded (back then there was no Patreon)
Geisterhand [Platformer]: abandoned -– we ran out of money (back then there was no Patreon)
LDH [Topdown shooter]: finished –- is a test/prototype game with sketches only (Patrons voted for us to move on to a new project)
Deathblight Apocalypse [Platformer]: on hold -– until we get enough money to hire a dedicated pixel artist.

Deathblight RPG [RPG Maker]: current project -– will be continued until done, since there is enough money and Patrons voted for this.

Our half-finished/abandoned projects only happened because of lack of funds.
But that's not the case anymore thanks to our Patreon supporters, so you can count on us to finish this game for sure (like with Paperheads and LDH).

1. Once we get enough money to hire a pixel artist.
2. If we actually find a good and reliable pixel artist.
Of course it's too early to state this, but if we manage to do this, then DB Apocalypse will be continued, and effectively we would only have abandoned Geisterhand.
(and I think that's not a bad ratio of finished games vs abandoned ones)

We really take this very seriously and have a decent amount of experience in developing games.
The only thing that could stop us is if Patreon suddenly closes down, which I don't think will happen.
(But that would be clearly outside of our control)

All that is to say I really fucking hope this actually works out, the Western scene could use some success stories. <_<
We're giving it our all! ^^

Last edited:

FinalCloud

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This does sound quite promising, and it looks good. Plus Moral sword of asagi was a very good game, as far as I am concerned, if you have a busty female protagonist, decent art and similar gameplay to Moral sword of asagi and regularly make progress on the game, you are onto a winner. I am guessing it is quite a long way away, but if I see you reach a half way stage (or maybe quarter stages) and you have some kind of single payment donation system with paypal or something I will happily contribute, I am not a fan of Patreon tho. Good luck with the project!

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Did we not have a thread already? I don't think the search function works, so I can't tell.
Anyways, the game is good. The only real improvement it could have is voices for combat like Asagi did, but unfortunately it'd run the risk of either bad english voice acting or having to somehow work in japanese voice acting despite a character being clearly japanese and the others not.
The voices crying, moaning, and grunting between turns really brought it all together for me.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
How many h-scenes are there in the current build?
11 CR images (A couple of which are boss-only), 6 ROL/Capture scenes, 2 event scenes and 1 GOR scene. Some of them feature multiple girls and, aside from the CR, all of them have variation/progression

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
This does sound quite promising, and it looks good. Plus Moral sword of asagi was a very good game, as far as I am concerned, if you have a busty female protagonist, decent art and similar gameplay to Moral sword of asagi and regularly make progress on the game, you are onto a winner. I am guessing it is quite a long way away, but if I see you reach a half way stage (or maybe quarter stages) and you have some kind of single payment donation system with paypal or something I will happily contribute, I am not a fan of Patreon tho. Good luck with the project!
For what it's worth, I am following a decent amount of Patreon projects (1$ contribution for the majority of them) and this one is definitely one of the better ones. For months, they've constantly put out multiple comic pages per week, the speedpaint rewards (and others) are on-time, and the game itself seems to be progressing at a decent pace. Reliability seems to be quite rare in many Patreon projects, but they've been incredibly reliable so I did up my pledge a bit lately and are one of the few Patreon projects I give two thumbs up for. The game still has some ways to go, but I'm quite confident this one is actually going to be finished.

Anyhow, regarding the game itself, it's pretty impressive. It's not quite Asagi-good at this point, but it's honestly quite close (and it's better than Asagi art-wise in my opinion). The whole "status effects", captures, mid-battle grabs (with all the art) is already in the game and working perfectly. There's a fair bit of content too: I just checked and my playtime is a little bit more than 2 hours. That's on my first run through and I did poke every corner (although I never lost on purpose, so there's scenes and events I haven't seen which could add some playtime) so you could do it faster, but I'd consider it more than an early demo at this point. In my opinion the first dungeon is a bit too "empty" and I felt like there were some balance-issues during combat, but besides that? Top notch so far!

One of the neat thing I enjoyed in Asagi is how "time" progressed as you moved through the game, and new things happened in older locations. I'm not sure if this game will feature that, but it does have some "advancement" in dialog; for example, before the first mission properly start, one of the character complains about the hotel staff being so incompetent that they wouldn't even be able to serve a glass of water, and later on if you talk to the host he offers a glass of water with a snide remark attached. The city itself has a lot of potential for "progress" like that. I'm not sure if its going to be fulfilled or not, but what's there so far is already pretty enjoyable and promising.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
To both the OP and the developers:
Some idea of included and planned fetishes/content would go a long way towards garnering interest. Some users, myself included, tend to skim through a description to see if it caters to one or more of our main interests. (and if so, give it a closer look at least) Can't really find anything about what type of content it includes (or they plan to include) even on the dev's blog. (unless I missed something) Just a suggestion and good luck to you. :)

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Some idea of included and planned fetishes/content would go a long way towards garnering interest. Some users, myself included, tend to skim through a description to see if it caters to one or more of our main interests. (and if so, give it a closer look at least) Can't really find anything about what type of content it includes (or they plan to include) even on the dev's blog. (unless I missed something) Just a suggestion and good luck to you. :)
From what I remember in the demo (which I haven't played in a while actually, so it might have more by now), main stuff is going to be mild furry (as pictured - humans with ears and tail kind of furry,) bondage, gangbang, rape, I think corruption? (because of the sexual training mechanics a-la Asagi.)

I expect they've got a lot more planned but I can't exactly say what as I'm not supporting their patreon. I feel like they did list off a number of fetishes somewhere, but I can't remember where. Maybe in their first blog post about the game.

boyo111

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Love this game, the clothes breaking and corruption/lust effects are good. Loved the first part, glad to see more story being added with the office building and lab.

OP
L

LostLogia

Lurker
Reputation score
Wow I got a post from the dev himself in here! :eek:
Senpai noticed me, haha.

I hope my post was okay, Wolfenstahl?

Oh, I completely forgot about that, sorry!
I'll add it to the OP too, but currently these are the fetishes included (like Games Dude already mentioned):

- Kemonomimi (Animal-Eared people, with tails too, different animal species)
- Bondage
- Gangbang
- Rape (mostly during combat and Game Over Rape, GoR)
- Mind Break / Corruption if you run into a game over
- Pregnancy (in the GoR Scenes)
- Big Cocks
- Tentacles

Any other planned ones I can't say much about, and Wolfenstahl hasn't posted a roadmap for planned fetishes, since they let their patrons vote on what will be included next, so they can't really make a prediction what exactly will be added next.
But I'd assume they will eventually put in a lot of different fetishes. If I remember correctly from all their other games there might even be slight bestiality coming, with some more animal-like demons or something.
Tentacles are already in, just one scene but I bet they'll add on to that too in the future.
The last patreon vote also had things like "giant wasps" in it, so I guess that is also a possibility.

I only know that the corruption element will probably be more pronounced in the future when they add the corruption mechanic, although I don't know exactly how it will work and look like in game then.
Maybe it will cause the girls to become sluttier and everything over time if you let them get fucked too much?

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Oh, I completely forgot about that, sorry!
No need to apologize, my post was more of a suggestion trying to help than a complaint. And I played the demo anyway, do like what I see so far.

Would like to see more of the preg content personally, and see it more fleshed out and integrated into normal gameplay (if the characters get corrupted enough), but if they are using the "let patrons vote on it" method, I kind of doubt any more will be included. :(
(inb4 "join patreon and vote", it wouldn't make a difference, I'd be outvoted and don't have any money anyway)

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Would like to see more of the preg content personally, and see it more fleshed out and integrated into normal gameplay (if the characters get corrupted enough), but if they are using the "let patrons vote on it" method, I kind of doubt any more will be included.
Don't expect anything like pregnancy as a "standard" status and not just a capture status. The game this is based off of had nothing like that, and only four standard appearances seen throughout the game (clothed, torn, naked, slave) and we already have all of those.
I wish we got that, too, but it's probably way more trouble than it's worth.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Don't expect anything like pregnancy as a "standard" status and not just a capture status. The game this is based off of had nothing like that, and only four standard appearances seen throughout the game (clothed, torn, naked, slave) and we already have all of those.
I wish we got that, too, but it's probably way more trouble than it's worth.
Oh, I'm under no illusions it would be easy to implement a full pregnancy system, but I don't think it would be necessary for this game. The last stage of the grapple/capture for Minori actually says "pregnant slave". So something along the lines of "captured character gets impregnated if lust/corruption is high enough" wouldn't be outside the scope of what's already there (as in a scene when you go to save them). And those who don't like preg would have an incentive to rescue the character before it happened, so even if it's not your thing it could add to gameplay in some way. Could be accomplished with one more cg for each character and some flavor text. And also would like to see a game over that progresses to birth, but that might be too "extreme" for their artists' taste.

Last edited:

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
The last stage of the grapple/capture for Minori actually says "pregnant slave". So something along the lines of "captured character gets impregnated if lust/corruption is high enough" wouldn't be outside the scope of what's already there (as in a scene when you go to save them).
Go play Asagi and see if the Black Mask boss is what you have in mind. I feel I don't fully understand what you're saying.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Go play Asagi and see if the Black Mask boss is what you have in mind. I feel I don't fully understand what you're saying.
Yeah I probably could have explained that better.
What I was thinking would be like some kind of progressively more depraved situations when you rescue a captured character, like:
1st time, character is just getting sexed.
2nd time, character is impregnated/pregnant.
3rd time, if they want to take it that far, pregnant gangbang and/or birth.
(could make it more progressive and add more stages, but that would be a lot of work. 3 seems reasonable.)

Never got around to playing Asagi, did hear it was good though, will check it out if I can find a DL.