What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Wolfenstahl] Deathblight RPG – Operation Thunderfang

ElLurker

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Movement speed too slow even when holding dash, QoL is key!
So much this, also having a quest tab to keep track of all your main and side quests is a good idea as well. Another little thing I usually really appreciate is a suicide skill and cursor memory; it helps makes the grind a little easier.

Keitai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
An increase in movement speed would definitely be appreciated from me as well. I tend to use cheat engine purely for the speed hack function because so many rpgmaker games have slow movement and combat.

Orsinial

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So much this, also having a quest tab to keep track of all your main and side quests is a good idea as well. Another little thing I usually really appreciate is a suicide skill and cursor memory; it helps makes the grind a little easier.
there's an item you can buy after the first dungeon that will auto-defeat one of your party members.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I think the scale of each area is more of a problem than the movement speed. Particularly the city east of the hotel. A dialog skip button would be nice too.

apachesp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Mmm, Stuck in the begining of the second mission, the guy in the shopping area, the guy says find someone to vouch for you... but cant find anyone... please any idea?

-------- Solved, theres a little street to the right :D

Last edited:

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If coding is the issue I'm not sure why you couldn't add the pictures to the picture folder (at least already separated into individual images like in Asagi ie. actor01_cutin_03e within graphics/picture instead of the actor01_03 sheet of pictures under graphics/faces. Then just import the image under the resource manager. Then under the common event that controls image display add additional if statements such that
If (Actor01 is in State A) {
If (Enemy = X) {
Show PictureX
ElseIf (Enemy = Y) {
Show PictureY
and so on....
Those commons events I'm thinking of are 26-37 in the original Asagi game.

Not very good with RPGMaker in general though so I don't know how exactly you take those combined images and separate them out other than doing it manually in like GIMP or photoshop. Of course if you've already done all this and it still didn't work for whatever reason, then feel free to disregard this.

I thought about doing that, the problem is more that whenever I modified something on the Asagi Code, it caused a lot of bugs.
(the scripts themselves are not buggy, but if I do modifications I "create bugs" because I don't see the whole picture and all connections between Common Events, Scripts etc.)
One example for this are the "comments" in the code.

In traditional programming, comments are ment to be comments only.
They are meant to be notes so the programmer (or other programmers) know what's going on.
Simple notes and comments usually.
When I translated all the comments in the Asagi Code to english however, the game broke.
This was due to me not being aware of "comments" having influence on code in RPG Maker VX Ace.
(granted, it's... really odd from a traditional programmer standpoint... I would have never guessed that comments in RPG Maker actually have working code in them)

It took me about a week (or two) or so to actually fix this.
I proceeded to translate and re-programme some of the scripts (not the common events), replacing former japanese code with english code I could read.

I think it's a quite good example of a bug I caused myself.
So I try to keep the modifications to an absolute minimum in order to avoid further bugs, if that makes sense.
This means we're kinda forced to go with a similar scope Asagi went, but I think that's okay?

Coding aside, it's a lot of extra work on the graphical side of things.
At any rate, thank you very much for the advice!
And most importantly, thank you very much for allowing me to use the translated interface and things you translated from The Moral Sword of Asagi!
It did make things a lot easier to work with.
Thank you very much ^^

Good work on Alpha4 though, you guys, I really enjoyed it!
Thank you very much!
We're happy to hear that, and no worries.

I'll note down the feedback about movement speed increase.
For a quest log, we currently have the computer in the hotel appartment that lists what the current objective is.
(maybe we'll include something better in future releases)
As for suicide skill, there are currently ropes that can be equipped and then used in combat to knock out your own party members.
(same as in Asagi)

By "cursor memory" do you perhaps mean the game keeping in mind which options you selected last in combat?
(it should already be like that in the current game)

I think the scale of each area is more of a problem than the movement speed. Particularly the city east of the hotel. A dialog skip button would be nice too.

The maps are quite sizeable, yeah.
I'll have to check if there's a script to fast forward text speed.
(I think I've seen it being used in some RPG Maker games, but I'll have to check if it actually is compatible with the other scripts we're already using)

Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep it coming.
And good to hear you found it, apachesp!

sureaboutthis

Lurker
Reputation score
I like the big maps. The fights are easy to avoid so it makes the game feel beefier.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I like the big maps for sense of scale's sake too actually - so yeah I'm on the faster movement speed side of the fence

ElLurker

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
By "cursor memory" do you perhaps mean the game keeping in mind which options you selected last in combat?
(it should already be like that in the current game)
Yes, that's what I mean by cursor memory.

Claudios

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I can't find no one can help me for the back alley guy. where i can find him ? i looking everywhere but nothing...

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to the Under Construction section, as it is still incomplete.