What's new

Divine Arms by ViperV (patreon, conituation of deleted thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erobotan

I mean, you can technically define this project as a "success", but you're stretching the meaning pretty far.

A game that will never get published and money that never went to the project it was meant for. Your point is irrelevant.

If anything, this case is evidence that patreon is a bad idea and needs to be killed ASAP. While I don't fully commit to that mindset, your reasoning is curious, if a bit concerning.

It's not hard to say no to something if you know you're not doing the work people expected based on your own word. It's not hard to say no unless your moral fiber is zero. He also didn't make a monthly blog post about what he did/didn't do, and his previous employment situation is wholly irrelevant to the conversation. Before you post, Papanomics, kindly read the damn thread. People have been posting that he basically took the money and ran without doing any work or keeping people appraised of his situation. He scammed, and people are keeping the discussion going with the hopes that his supporters and supporters of patreon devs will be skeptical about pledging in the future.

If you're not going to read the thread and only campaign for more uninformed pledging, then you're part of the problem.
i think what papanomic meant with "success" is success in scamming the customers (he is in sarcasm mode), like even if the game never come out the money he received during the development is already as big as if the game get finished and become a big hit.

Galoga

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Another example of how patreon goes wrong.
I'm just surprised of how a developer could be so..... immature, Or maybe at this point he's not and should not be classified as a developer anymore, i've seen this game's thread few times before in the past and i did not expect it would go this way.

Deleted member 3639

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
But how can other consumers remain truthfully updated?
After reading that question, I feel like asking....updated on WHAT, exactly? I mean - the discussion derails over and over again to "boohoo dev is bad" and "boohoo patreon is abused". If people wanted to keep the game discussion going, you'd think they...well...discuss the game. After several pages of negativity, it gets annoying, and does NOT add anything to a discussion of the game. Worst case - this thread gets locked.

TL;DR - "hey, look, new posts in the thre....nevermind, false alarm, my bad, more of the same acid-spitting". It's not worth 5+ pages. Everyone. Stop. Please.

pewpewsmurf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
After reading that question, I feel like asking....updated on WHAT, exactly? I mean - the discussion derails over and over again to "boohoo dev is bad" and "boohoo patreon is abused". If people wanted to keep the game discussion going, you'd think they...well...discuss the game. After several pages of negativity, it gets annoying, and does NOT add anything to a discussion of the game. Worst case - this thread gets locked.

TL;DR - "hey, look, new posts in the thre....nevermind, false alarm, my bad, more of the same acid-spitting". It's not worth 5+ pages. Everyone. Stop. Please.
Agree with this. We all already know his work ethic is real bad. No need for further insulting. The first post of this thread even said so.

Update

a mod re upped his thread but closed it so nobody else can respond. (Divine Arms - A magical action-adventure hentai game)

Well it can be used as reference but can no longer be discussed.

Apparently we not supposed to create a new topic to discuss it. But how can other consumers remain truthfully updated?
Should put the link here for reference. At least it shows people like me who is new to the project what kind of person he is.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Absolutely nothing positive can come from having this thread. The only reason why I'm not deleting it is to let people know this is getting closed is because the OP decided it was a good idea to post personal information on the forums, and not because I'm attempting to stifle discussion (though I can only imagine the only discussion for this thread would be a massive circlejerk, which would've led to a lock anyway).

This is the link to the original discussion: https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai-games/11285-divine-arms-a-magical-action-adventure-hentai-game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.