What's new

Miko Kanna Noukin Taimaki not working

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hello, first of all I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I've been having trouble with this game ever since I've seen it released. I can't seem to get it to work, as soon as I open it, it says "SinobiRevenge stopped working" and closes. I've tried with Japanese locale, with my locale, with different game versions and such. I've also tried downloading version 1.07 which says it fixed the "not working in non-Japanese OS" bug but it still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated

(this is the game I'm referring to obviously)

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Hello, first of all I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I've been having trouble with this game ever since I've seen it released. I can't seem to get it to work, as soon as I open it, it says "SinobiRevenge stopped working" and closes. I've tried with Japanese locale, with my locale, with different game versions and such. I've also tried downloading version 1.07 which says it fixed the "not working in non-Japanese OS" bug but it still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated

(this is the game I'm referring to obviously)
You are right. this doesn't belong here, a thread already exists for this game, ask there. I don't care if the search function no longer works, google does, use that. Just search the RJ code with ulmf after.

OP
PaNiq

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score
You are right. this doesn't belong here, a thread already exists for this game, ask there. I don't care if the search function no longer works, google does, use that. Just search the RJ code with ulmf after.
I've tried but I can't find it, maybe it's because of the website change I dunno.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Yeah I think the original thread is gone as I've even tried that and even looked at the sidescroller thread and there's nothing to be found. When I try google this is the only thread that is here maybe a new one should be created :shrug:.

P.s. ur also acting quite dickish

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
the English rj wont work, use the japanese
Yeah, Ive tried all that I'm saying the thread is more than likely in a dark abyss!

Here how bout you try: site:ulmf.org RJ200725

Also, the new update has been released in a torrent but keeps on erroring out on startup. I tried the one from animesharing and it worked.

zipetya

Reputation score
Yeah, Ive tried all that I'm saying the thread is more than likely in a dark abyss!

Here how bout you try: site:ulmf.org RJ200725

Also, the new update has been released in a torrent but keeps on erroring out on startup. I tried the one from animesharing and it worked.
After some infuriating trial and error, I found that you can start the game with Windows 7 / Windows XP compatibility, AND your 'Format' set to Japanese in your 'Region' settings. But then again, it now runs without the compatibility settings as well (after going through these trial&error loops), so take that as you want...
Anyhoo, you need to set format to Japanese, it seems.

EDIT: and LOL you need to run it as admin.

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
After some infuriating trial and error, I found that you can start the game with Windows 7 / Windows XP compatibility, AND your 'Format' set to Japanese in your 'Region' settings. But then again, it now runs without the compatibility settings as well (after going through these trial&error loops), so take that as you want...
Anyhoo, you need to set format to Japanese, it seems.

EDIT: and LOL you need to run it as admin.
You know I've tried all that too to no avail maybe the torrent didn't download everything properly causing the errors because the other source I got it from worked fine without me having to do all that.

Also, if you're are a constant browser of this forum and don't already have your computer in Japanese region and format than you must be new or really lucky in what games you chose haha.

zipetya

Reputation score
You know I've tried all that too to no avail maybe the torrent didn't download everything properly causing the errors because the other source I got it from worked fine without me having to do all that.

Also, if you're are a constant browser of this forum and don't already have your computer in Japanese region and format than you must be new or really lucky in what games you chose haha.
Figured it out in the meantime, hehe. Actually, it had nothing to do with admin - just needed to uncheck the 'read only' attribute for the files - well, the save files, more specifically. For whatever reason, they were made 'read only' in the torrent. 'Format' set to Japanese is still a must, though.

It is my experience that only a fraction of the po...erm...games... need those things set to Japanese to run (or run correctly, that is), and most notably only some VNs. Dunno why, but I don't like changing from system default. xD
Heck, I am not even in Jap locale!! Such an oddball, right?! lol
Locale Emulator and Ntleas seem to be enough 99,99% of the time, in my experience.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
So the old thread is gone? Damn it! I've been trying to find it for half an hour now. So apparently there's two more sets of clothing states after the last one in game. How do you unlock those?

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score
I think the unlock condition is clearing the 80 enemy survival mode or clearing the 60 enemy survival mode on hard in under 5mins 10 seconds.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
I never got this game to work, and I've given up on it. Did everything possible
My pc is always in Japanese locale
Tried locale emulator + admin rights
Tried compatibility options
Tried unchecking "read-only" on the saves folder
Also tried both win 7 and win 10 64bit systems

Nothing worked

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nothing worked
Never had a problem. Japanese Unicode, date and time in Japanese, local region (news feed etc.) set to Japan. Windows 10 Ultimate. x64.
Unlocking the gallery is simple: beat the 80-enemy gauntlet and complete the game (finishing stage 4) at least once.

zipetya

Reputation score

Nothing worked
1) 'FORMAT' needs to be set to Japanese (under the 'Region' settings; locale set to Japanese is only really needed the first time you run it, so you can actually navigate the menu to set the language to English in options - and not just see ????s :)).
2) Uncheck 'read-only' attribute for the game's folder

Unlocking the gallery is simple: beat the 80-enemy gauntlet and complete the game (finishing stage 4) at least once.
So does that mean that completing the 80-enemy gauntlet unlocks all the animations in the gallery? Difficulty, time, not letting anyone escape - doesn't matter? Because I've been trying for a good 100 minutes to get a perfect score for the 60-enemy gauntlet on hard to see if it unlocks anything (as in not just the animations that got unlocked during my playthrough), and boy, it is already making me insane... Can't even imagine the 80-enemy on hard! lol

I think the unlock condition is clearing the 80 enemy survival mode or clearing the 60 enemy survival mode on hard in under 5mins 10 seconds.
...was afraid of this. Btw, where can one find the unlock conditions?

-----------------------
EDIT: Well, gave up on 60/60 Hard, did a 80/80 easy; and sure enough all animations in gallery unlocked. Also the lv6-7 cloth ripping states (lv7 being stark naked).

Last edited:

kiko

Reputation score
1) 'FORMAT' needs to be set to Japanese (under the 'Region' settings; locale set to Japanese is only really needed the first time you run it, so you can actually navigate the menu to set the language to English in options - and not just see ????s :)).
2) Uncheck 'read-only' attribute for the game's folder
Yeah setting the Format to Japanese actually worked LOL. Thanks

Edit: if someone would be kind enough to post a complete save, it would be much appreciated

Last edited:

dijitz

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Figured it out in the meantime, hehe. Actually, it had nothing to do with admin - just needed to uncheck the 'read only' attribute for the files - well, the save files, more specifically. For whatever reason, they were made 'read only' in the torrent. 'Format' set to Japanese is still a must, though.

It is my experience that only a fraction of the po...erm...games... need those things set to Japanese to run (or run correctly, that is), and most notably only some VNs. Dunno why, but I don't like changing from system default. xD
Heck, I am not even in Jap locale!! Such an oddball, right?! lol
Locale Emulator and Ntleas seem to be enough 99,99% of the time, in my experience.
I got used to it from the old illusion and teatime days. I'd love to keep it in system default because some programs don't even ask what language to install in and then I end up with a program in all moonrunes haha.
Does the locale emulator make things run slower? I forgot all bout Ntleas but I could never for the life of me get it to work.

LucaDiGreg

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So the old thread is gone? Damn it! I've been trying to find it for half an hour now. So apparently there's two more sets of clothing states after the last one in game. How do you unlock those?
Yep, I remember I was subscribed and managed to find the old one (Incomplete] (ACT) RJ200725 巫女カンナ脳筋退魔記) and it's officially gone.

OP
PaNiq

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Kinda impressed this received attention. I've recently managed to make it work by downloading the latest version and doing the format thing, now I would like to ask: does anybody here have a full save file? The game itself is not that hard but I've got little to no time to complete it so I'd prefer something already done.

zipetya

Reputation score
Does the locale emulator make things run slower? I forgot all bout Ntleas but I could never for the life of me get it to work.
Not that I know of - or notice (any slowdown). There are like a veeeery few games that I seem to only get to work with Ntleas, otherwise LE is more than enough. But yeah, if you have the actual locale set to Japanese, you've got everything covered.
(...unless something needs format set to Japanese too! lol)

PaNiq , kiko : well, I tried to upload my save as a .zip, but alas, attachments seem to be still not working... Anyhoo, unlocking the gallery just needs you to finish the game once (I think Easy will work too...probably) and unlocking ALL the animations needs a 80-enemy survival game completed (at 80/80) - and here I can for sure say that it is enough to do on Easy - and shouldn't be really difficult, sincerely.

kiko

Reputation score
Not that I know of - or notice (any slowdown). There are like a veeeery few games that I seem to only get to work with Ntleas, otherwise LE is more than enough. But yeah, if you have the actual locale set to Japanese, you've got everything covered.
(...unless something needs format set to Japanese too! lol)

PaNiq , kiko : well, I tried to upload my save as a .zip, but alas, attachments seem to be still not working... Anyhoo, unlocking the gallery just needs you to finish the game once (I think Easy will work too...probably) and unlocking ALL the animations needs a 80-enemy survival game completed (at 80/80) - and here I can for sure say that it is enough to do on Easy - and shouldn't be really difficult, sincerely.
Uploading to zippyshare would be appreciated. :p