RPG [Circle KAME] 撃電妖異譚─EP1─ (RJ215675)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
I want to try to keep hope with this circle but 2 games in a garbled mess and they just say fuck it make a new one?
To be fair, assuming they realized fixing the garbled mess would take MORE efforts than just making a new, less garbled mess of a game that they can finish proper, maybe that can pass (still a shitty move, but make some sense)

But right now between the 'EP1' status of this and the bugs mentioned....eh....

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Every circle Kame game gets even worse than the previous game.
You can play his first 4 games (PF, PF0, AD and PF:IF) but everything that got released after those 4 titles is a bugged, unfinished mess.
I don't get why he keeps beginning new projects and doesn't finish a single one of those games. It's so disappointing.

hugo77

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I dont get it... How could they fall so low? Are these the same people that made PF:IF and AD? AD:S was complete garbage and this one seems like another unfinished, buggy mess with lackluster content.

Dideldidum

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I dont get it... How could they fall so low? Are these the same people that made PF:IF and AD? AD:S was complete garbage and this one seems like another unfinished, buggy mess with lackluster content.
well most of their games were bad at release and got fixed later on. problem is they increased the scope of their games and stopped finishing them...

settlers

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
here a save (my first upload of one) for the cg galley all unlock they's some nice scenes shame the game it self is a bit confusing (for me anyway)

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Anyone figured out how to get a texthooker to work with this game, by any chance? I'm feeling like giving it a try cause I have some time.

Wingz

Lurker
Reputation score
Anyone figured out how to get a texthooker to work with this game, by any chance? I'm feeling like giving it a try cause I have some time.
I've been trying for the past day or so now, but I'm by no means an expert, so no luck. If you could figure it out I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been getting this string "00:00.000" between each character and sometimes it's not hooking at all, so maybe you or someone can make better sense of it?

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I've been trying for the past day or so now, but I'm by no means an expert, so no luck. If you could figure it out I'd greatly appreciate it. I've been getting this string "00:00.000" between each character and sometimes it's not hooking at all, so maybe you or someone can make better sense of it?
o_O That was what was happening? Okay, put that string into the ITH.xml file if you're using ITH (skipped single chars), and it will start skipping all the 0 and : characters.

Although this is a band-aid solution, and doesn't solve the underlining issue.

Wingz

Lurker
Reputation score
o_O That was what was happening? Okay, put that string into the ITH.xml file if you're using ITH (skipped single chars), and it will start skipping all the 0 and : characters.

Although this is a band-aid solution, and doesn't solve the underlining issue.
Ok, I couldn't get it to work exactly like you said but I was able to get the filter in by adding the characters manually inside the ITH global filter instead of the XML file. For some reason my XML file reset every time I started up ITH again? Thanks for the help.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score
And what would be the hook parameters in translation aggregator/AGTH?

raybeing

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The biggest issue is the annoying level cap, how to reach past lv 30?

darkline81

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Only reached a bit after the first battle area. I feel there should seriously be a tutorial for this game. It's only after some trial and error that some things become clear:
  • Do not use the first save. Like many other Kame games, the first save is also used as a quicksave.
  • Like previous games, hold W during events to fast-forward text, and hold Z in battle to fast-forward attack effects.
  • The random encounters in the first stage are messed up. There's a batch of 6 ghoul-like things that instant-kill you, and there's a dragon that messes with your attack. Save after every battle and restart the game if you fight in a hard battle (hint: you shouldn't be).
  • In battle, you have, in clockwise order
    • A normal attack, obviously.
    • A spell section containing at the start a heal spell that uses 5 TP and the Sekkarou offensive spirit enchantment that uses 10 MP.
    • A special section that pointlessly has a toggle for whether to show Himeragi's portrait in battle.
    • A summon (phone) section that uses the special abilities of whatever you have equipped (you start out with a fire-based one, which has an attack and a mass debuff, both which uses 1 TP.
    • Defense, obviously.
    • Items, obviously.
  • Certain actions like the summon's abilities have a cooldown, where CT4 or something stands for "4 cooldown turns left."
  • Healing and using summons in battle don't count as actions, so you can still attack after. Furthermore, if you have more than one possible summon, you can also change your equipment and use the other summon's abilities to get around the cooldown.
  • You can heal outside of battle. Also, there is this 1MP special action search (gloves icon) where you can search for hidden points. When you select the search, your screen tints in blue and these areas pointed below some small white upside-down triangles mark areas with items if you stand on top of those areas and press Z. Note that you can get the items even if you aren't using search; it only makes them more visible.
  • You can toss aside enemy corpses if you interact with them. Not sure what use this has.
  • Go all out against the boss blocking the door. The fight with the totally-not-Akatsuki-Kojou 4th Primogenitor (even though Himeragi Yukino's name is straight up used) that shows up after is a hopeless battle (I tried, with cheated 99999 all around stats, endlessly going up to turn 120 and beyond).
  • After the first area, when you have free reign in the city:
    • The merchants in the commercial district have a bug where the camera pans upwards after you talk to them (showing more of Rias pole-dancing; not sure if sneak peek of next parody source). Exit the area to reset this.
    • There's a (actually useful) bug when you are buying stuff that needs money (yen), where if you choose to change equipment, then go back to the main menu, it would set things into being counted by SL. While SL is another sort of "currency," especially for weapons, armor, and accessories, it isn't the same as yen. As such, all those things that cost so-and-so yen will suddenly cost 0 SL, which means you can get as many as you can. This includes the vending machine in the commercial district and the the sole thing being sold in some northwest-district odd shop (for which if you bought alot you can invoke some). Unfortunately, the other way around doesn't work, so you can't get weapons and such at 0 yen.

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
And what would be the hook parameters in translation aggregator/AGTH?

EDIT: WOOPS, forgot to edit image a bit, new link is up

screen shot of my settings.

Jackson16

Lurker
Reputation score
hmm, at day 20, still not sure how to get new party members. Anybody knows? Is there even anything to do at the school?

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score
What you forgot to add that TP is very important stat. It can increase your damage and reduce the damage you get by least two or three times if its full.
You refill tp by eating food, and you can only eat until you aren't full. (The stomach icon in the "d" menu.)
It resets every time a day passes.

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Look at this, EP1, even though their last two games (the Tifa and Arms Devicer S one) isn't finished yet...

All that's left is for him to make a patreon and start releasing bimonthly release, and he can be accepted as fully jew.

setsura

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
hmm how to invite sayaka kirasaka in party member?

Status
Not open for further replies.