Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What ever happened to the reorganization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened to the reorganization?

I remember talk a long while back about reworking the hentai games section - including giving rpg maker games their own sub-section, among other things. What ever happened to that?

You could probably try posting this in the more appropriate section of the forum first. I dunno which one it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not this one (maybe forum development?).

Besides that, you do realize that the whole forum has had issues recently and that it's still being worked on (still no search function, for example)?

Comment

That's the thing... I'm not sure what the more appropriate place was - I used to be able to find it from one of the sticky threads here. Either way, pretty sure discussion had been happening for more than a year before the recent issue with the forums. If anything, those issues give a good excuse to do some reorganization for the site.

Comment

It's been a while but as far as I remember the conclusion was that things were fine the way they are.

Comment

Was it? That's a shame. I'd been looking forward to it. I mean, if anything deserves its own subcategory it's RPG Maker games - contrast that with Meet n Fuck, which hardly has anything threads for it. Whelp, if this is just something y'all figured would be fine, I guess I'll just roll with it. Really is a shame, though.

Comment

Not sure it matters at this point but i'm all for categorizing. Maybe not specifically RPGmaker games but genres? sure. Makes the overview more clear what with a subforum that has 10k threads and next to no organization.

Though i applaud the index threads. Great work on those.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyriel View Post
              Not sure it matters at this point but i'm all for categorizing. Maybe not specifically RPGmaker games but genres? sure. Makes the overview more clear what with a subforum that has 10k threads and next to no organization.

Though i applaud the index threads. Great work on those.
              Index threads? care to link?

and also, I really need the ignore thread feature back. Very hard to keep track of everything I don't want to see while trying to see which new games are out

Comment

Originally posted by iDarkEden View Post

Index threads? care to link?

and also, I really need the ignore thread feature back. Very hard to keep track of everything I don't want to see while trying to see which new games are out
                https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai...ex-based-games This is one. It's also the stickied kind and there's another one in the same subforum regarding rpgmaker games.
                It's not much, but it's there.

Comment

Has anyone found out a way to ignore threads? Or at the very least mark threads as read already?

Comment

Originally posted by wasd123333 View Post
                    Has anyone found out a way to ignore threads? Or at the very least mark threads as read already?
                    Why do you need that feature? Don't open threads that don't interest you. Not that difficult. If you're not interested in receiving updates about a thread, go to the top of the page and unsubscribe the thread. You shouldn't need a special function or to be told how to dress yourself because you're lazy/incompetent.

We didn't need "re-organization" so much as we needed the threads like "List of sprite-based sex games" and "patreon games" stickied to the first page so people could find what they were looking for. Also, asking about x type of game or opening a thread about net neutrality or how you think you could improve the forum without being asked is not just repetitious and asinine, but it's borderline spam and contributes nothing of value to the section you're posting in. For the future, I encourage all of you to consider the following before opening a thread:

1) Am I contributing something of value to the section I am posting in?
                    2) Is the thread a redundancy?
                    3) Is this thread pushing more relevant, active discussion to the wayside?
                    4) Is there anyone but me who could benefit from this thread?

If the answer to any of these is a big, fat "NO" (except No. 3, wherein a "yes" is a negative), then do not open the thread. Use these guidelines every time you plan to open a thread, and you'll soon notice a change in attitude in how people respond to you, that being from disdain and annoyance to neutrality and/or respect.
                    Last edited by Ninja_Named_Bob; 4 days ago.
                    "Controllers, abusers, and manipulative persons don't question themselves. They don't ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else." -Darlene Ouimet

"Most people don't have the willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like a victim."-Carlos Santana

Comment

It's not being lazy, maybe you don't understand since everyone has a different way of using forums. I myself can read a little Japanese, but even for me it's difficult to read all the kanji and memorize every single title and thread in this section with over 1000+ games. I navigate to Ulmf, I see a bunch of threads in bold because of a reply someone posted (bolded title), so I try to remember whether it's a thread I care or not care about, but because I don't remember the title, or RJ number or whatever it was, I click on it to remember based on the preview picture, it's something I wanted to ignore. Try this for over 100 threads and it gets extremely annoying when you see the same game about 5-6 times before finally remembering the title.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding subscription, there's only a button at the top that allows you to subscribe to the thread. I am not auto-subscribed to every single thread here. In fact, I don't subscribe to any threads because I don't want my inbox full of notifications, but seeing as how this is the only way I guess I have to do it this way.

Again, as I mentioned if there is a better way you can suggest to mark threads or at least a hidden function that will mark a thread as read without opening it, then by all means please say so. The rest of your post is just plain rhetoric.

P.S-The other huge part about having this function is the benefit of differentiating between new threads and old ones. Because so many old threads are constantly bumped it's easy to miss out on new threads without ever discovering them, and then this means a potentially good game opportunity is lost. I personally found a really good game that a lot of people would enjoy in my opinion, but it's been shafted to 30+backpage where no one will probably check. Seeing this makes me frustrated using the forums as it wastes time and miss out on a lot of good games.
                      Last edited by wasd123333; 4 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X