Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Quest Failed: Chapter Two Demo Released:

Quest Failed: Chapter One (Both the full game and demo can be found here):

---
Embark on an unlikely quest to become the world's greatest adventurer in the first chapter of this action-packed tale!

Matthew has dreamed of becoming an adventurer for years, and today is finally the day he sets out to make a name for himself. He quickly realizes after a sticky encounter with a slime girl that perhaps he's not quite cut out for this whole adventuring business after all.

Even with his first quest ending in a failure... and the second... and the third... he doesn't let it get him down! He just keeps trying, day after day. Surely he'll succeed one day, right? ...Right?

---

Hi there!

Ever since LewdLogic posted my previous thread for me (of which I'm super grateful for and all the help both him and LewdGamer given me regarding promotion and the like) it was always advised that I create my own thread for my game down the line so that I may be in better control of updating the main post/title and properly updating you all on the development of things!

Needless to say, I always intended to do this earlier--but development of Chapter Two really did keep me away from things. But with the release of Chapter Two's demo, I really want to try and get back into the habit of keeping you guys informed of development, taking in feedback and just generally answering questions you may have.

To sum up what Quest Failed is about, without spoiling too much of the story, it can essentially be seen as a femdom heavy romp as the young, but determined adventurer endures his way through a variety of encounters with all sorts of monster girls (and in Chapter Two's case, some humans, too). But I feel perhaps the demos themselves I have on offer will give a far better explanation of what Quest Failed is all about!

This game is a visual novel. There are branching paths and a world map that enables you to move throughout the world.

As this is my first official thread here, I've tried my best to be mindful of the rules and hope that everything is in order. But if by chance I've done something wrong or missed something, please do let me know and I'll fix things up as quick as I can!

And if you wish to keep track of progress outside of this thread, feel free to follow/support me on the following accounts:

Itch.io:
Twitter:
Patreon:
Youtube (Goofy, promotional skits with the characters and such):

That all said--thank you for your time and I hope you enjoy what the demos have to offer so far! I'm always striving to make these games the best I can, so any and all feedback is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
FrostWorks

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Happy Easter, guys~ April is gonna be a great month for Quest Failed related stuff I think!

I've also released a small prototype which is more akin to an adventure game, with a h-scene present in it--and will be posting a public version of the build in the coming weeks, so look forward to that, too! It's been a busy couple of months for sure. I know I've been a bit quiet in keeping these threads up to date, but rest assured progress is being made!

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
FrostWorks a friend sent me a hacked save and told me if I used it I'd find a interesting event... what I found was amusing to tell the truth.

OP
FrostWorks

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
FrostWorks a friend sent me a hacked save and told me if I used it I'd find a interesting event... what I found was amusing to tell the truth.
Ah-hah~ I wonder--was that for the Chapter 2 demo, or another event? : P I'm sure I know what you're referring to, haha.

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
the one that takes more gold then you should have

OP
FrostWorks

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
the one that takes more gold then you should have
Ahaha, right, right. I didn't expect anyone would actually hack the demo to test if something would happen there--but felt I may as well 'reward' their curiosity if they did. Whether it relates to the main game itself however is yet to be seen~

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
she didn;t hack the demo just the save file

Jerrian

Reputation score

(5th June 2020):

Hiya there! Apologies for any confusion or upset on anything regarding new content builds. While it's true I ultimately cancelled the public early access plans I had at the end of 2019--as I realised that putting the game out in its current state to the public was going to sour the first time experience and not give the impression I'd hope for--I've still been releasing new alpha builds for people on the $25 tier on a frequent basis. That part never changed. Just the plans to release it to the public on a wider scale until it was done.

I released a new alpha build as of April (0.10), for example, which contained a significant addition to the main scenario, along with new h-scenes and voiced scenes. And it features far more content than the current demo on itch.io.

I've spent thousands of dollars developing this second chapter--and hundreds of hours writing it--I'm certainly invested in finishing it. Abandoning it at this point would be unthinkable. While I understand I've been slower than I--or most people--would have liked, I'm still inching closer to the finish line every day.

I understand I took on a massive undertaking here, and aimed quite high in regards to scope, and truly apologise for how long Chapter Two is taking to be completed, not a day goes by where I don't fret about how long it's taken me. It frustrates me just as much as everyone else, if not moreso. I've learned many lessons here that I'll be taking to heart with Chapter Three as I plan it in a far more realistic way.

I can't give a solid release date yet, as I'd only end up disappointing people if it didn't come to be, and I can't offer additional free demos (as I feel the one linked here was more than generous with its content)--but all I can say is that this project is pretty much my life right now. And there's no chance of it ever being dropped. It might take a while to come out, yes--and I truly am sorry for the wait--but it'll be completed! I can only hope all of the content in it will make up for the lengthy development time and feel like several games at once, since it's certainly much larger than Chapter One.

Thank you for your support over the years and I hope Chapter Two will meet your expectations!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imho the game should have more attention and Frostworks post is a good source about the current game progress so I put it in here. Though the second part already takes quite a long time to be finished, I really love his art and game and the effort he is putting in. Hopefully he will reach his goals and be happy with the result at the end.

Last edited:
OP
FrostWorks

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Imho the game should have more attention and Frostworks post is a good source about the current game progress so I put it in here. Though the second part already takes quite a long time to be finished, I really love his art and game and the effort he is putting in. Hopefully he will reach his goals and be happy with the result at the end.
Heya--thank you so much for your kind words!

It's definitely been a long road--but I'm doing my best to make sure Chapter Two is the best darn thing it can be, even if admittedly I underestimated just how much of an undertaking it would be. I can only hope there'll still be people around to play it when it releases, and that there'll be excitement for Chapter Three and beyond, too, haha.

If you, or anyone else have any questions relating to the game or development you'd like to ask--please feel free and I'll try to remember to visit here more often and respond to things, haha.

Jerrian

Reputation score
Heya--thank you so much for your kind words!

It's definitely been a long road--but I'm doing my best to make sure Chapter Two is the best darn thing it can be, even if admittedly I underestimated just how much of an undertaking it would be. I can only hope there'll still be people around to play it when it releases, and that there'll be excitement for Chapter Three and beyond, too, haha.

If you, or anyone else have any questions relating to the game or development you'd like to ask--please feel free and I'll try to remember to visit here more often and respond to things, haha.
Yeah I felt a bit sorry, your awesome artwork fell a bit under the table, so i did a bit of free commercial for you ;-).

I ´ve a question, will you sell your game on Dlsite when it is finished? If not what is the reason for it, I assume you would get more attention and potential buyers there. To be honest I ´m not a big fan of patreon and would prefer to buy your game on the Dlsite. ;-) As I usually love slime girls, you did a great job with Tari, so she is my favourite over Jilly at the moment :).

I wish you good luck and nice progress with chapter 2, can ´t wait to see the final result of it.

OP
FrostWorks

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah I felt a bit sorry, your awesome artwork fell a bit under the table, so i did a bit of free commercial for you ;-).

I ´ve a question, will you sell your game on Dlsite when it is finished? If not what is the reason for it, I assume you would get more attention and potential buyers there. To be honest I ´m not a big fan of patreon and would prefer to buy your game on the Dlsite. ;-) As I usually love slime girls, you did a great job with Tari, so she is my favourite over Jilly at the moment :).

I wish you good luck and nice progress with chapter 2, can ´t wait to see the final result of it.
I really appreciate it! Right now as I work feverishly on things, the game has definitely fallen to the wayside in terms of public interest--but once I get set to launch it I'm gonna do everything in my power to drum up more hype, haha. Since I understand it's not as exciting right now to simply watch as it gets developed compared to actually playing the darn thing.

Regarding dlsite--I have considered that site on several occasions, but due to needing to censor the game's many CG images to fit with Japanese laws, and the very small amount of copies that a lot of the games on there seem to sell, I wasn't quite sure if it would be worth the effort. Though I understand that Patreon isn't for everyone--and try to offer the game DRM free on a number of other websites, like itch.io and such! I believe you can even buy games on itch.io without registering an account if that potentially helps!

Thanks again for your kind words--and I hope you'll enjoy Chapter Two when it releases!

Ginek

Reputation score
I really appreciate it! Right now as I work feverishly on things, the game has definitely fallen to the wayside in terms of public interest--but once I get set to launch it I'm gonna do everything in my power to drum up more hype, haha. Since I understand it's not as exciting right now to simply watch as it gets developed compared to actually playing the darn thing.

Regarding dlsite--I have considered that site on several occasions, but due to needing to censor the game's many CG images to fit with Japanese laws, and the very small amount of copies that a lot of the games on there seem to sell, I wasn't quite sure if it would be worth the effort. Though I understand that Patreon isn't for everyone--and try to offer the game DRM free on a number of other websites, like itch.io and such! I believe you can even buy games on itch.io without registering an account if that potentially helps!

Thanks again for your kind words--and I hope you'll enjoy Chapter Two when it releases!
Old thread but this is necessary, i see your twitter from time to time, but for people outside patreon is impossibleto know the state of the game and it's progress, and i'm waiting for part 2 for 4 years now and i have no idea how much of the game is done up until this point and how long it could take, feel like i am in the dark about this game is progressing even after all this time, and the thread is locked on other forum and i feel like it could be at least given a rundown of how much of it is done

Jerrian

Reputation score
Old thread but this is necessary, i see your twitter from time to time, but for people outside patreon is impossibleto know the state of the game and it's progress, and i'm waiting for part 2 for 4 years now and i have no idea how much of the game is done up until this point and how long it could take, feel like i am in the dark about this game is progressing even after all this time, and the thread is locked on other forum and i feel like it could be at least given a rundown of how much of it is done
I don ´t want to spread false information, but if I remember right he said few months ago that the game is mainly finished just some polish and text parts of the story are missing. But as said, I´m not 100% sure about it and I don ´t read his twitter anymore as I ´m kinda bored of waiting. It ´s done when it´s done.

OP
FrostWorks

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Apologies--it wasn't my intention to keep people in the dark or lock development status away on Patreon!

I estimate the main scenario to be about 90% done as of the last big alpha build, with the final story and epilogue things in the works right now. And then after that it's just the side events, which admittedly is still a chunk of content to write, but I'm going to feel a lot better once the game can fully be played from start to finish with the main story, even if all the side interactions aren't quite there, which I've been writing bits of in between other elements.

The parts I wrote in the last update were some of the most difficult for me, and took several iterations, as tons of important things happened in the story, with a bunch of characters interacting--and while I understand the main storyline might not be the main draw for a lot of people, it was something I really wanted to get right and to feel suitably 'epic'--so that did put me into a bit of a spiral. But all of the 'heavier' stuff is written now, and I think once the main scenario is fully out of the way, I'll feel a lot more at least writing the smaller events.

Ginek

Reputation score
Apologies--it wasn't my intention to keep people in the dark or lock development status away on Patreon!

I estimate the main scenario to be about 90% done as of the last big alpha build, with the final story and epilogue things in the works right now. And then after that it's just the side events, which admittedly is still a chunk of content to write, but I'm going to feel a lot better once the game can fully be played from start to finish with the main story, even if all the side interactions aren't quite there, which I've been writing bits of in between other elements.

The parts I wrote in the last update were some of the most difficult for me, and took several iterations, as tons of important things happened in the story, with a bunch of characters interacting--and while I understand the main storyline might not be the main draw for a lot of people, it was something I really wanted to get right and to feel suitably 'epic'--so that did put me into a bit of a spiral. But all of the 'heavier' stuff is written now, and I think once the main scenario is fully out of the way, I'll feel a lot more at least writing the smaller events.
Thanks for the transparent answer, i will be waiting for more updates in the future

Jerrian

Reputation score

It ´s been a while now, any chances to enjoy a quest failed 2 at xmas ? ,-) Maybe with a mummy with red ropes tinsel edition? :-D

Ginek

Reputation score
We are more than a year away from the last update here, is there any actual progress since then?

Jerrian

Reputation score
We are more than a year away from the last update here, is there any actual progress since then?
I´m not at Patreon but at least i can say Dev is still working on this, if you want to be informed up to date I suggest to check his twitter account: . Sometimes he ´s giving updates in the comment section here too:
Imho his project got a bit too ambitious and large, would have been better he splitted his work in a 3rd chapter, the long waiting might have result in a loss of some interested players. Afaik it ´s no scam but he is a perfectionist and wants to make a decent game. Nothing wrong with that, but the waiting is far too long :-(. When it got launched, you can expect a big novel with thousands of words and walls of text for sure. :-D

after struggling with a particular scene for a while I've been making some good progress on it and feeling happy about that~ Writing is basically just bashing your head against a brick wall until it crumbles enough to get to the next part

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.