What's new

RPG RPG Maker Localization [Acerola] Treasure Hunter Claire (English Localization on Steam, Manga Gamer, and JAST USA)

denymeplz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Probably not. The thing with Makina was a special case, which will probably happen again in the future. But it's not the same case with Claire.
Ah thats a shame, its cool anyways, ill be able to enjoy all those scenes were she wasnt actually talking what was on the text (mainly moaning), and there are a lot like this, so good stuff.

Crowsnight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ugh if this keeps up I'll have to stop buying my games on DLsite so I don't double buy. lol that aside this is awesome, can't wait. XD

Ares02

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll begin saving cash, I suppose...

Ohh damn, that's some great news. I wonder if it's as good as Demon Queen Melissa? I haven't even looked at this one but i loved Melissa even without any translation.
Let's say that Claire isn't the sexiest protagonist acerola ever made (she's tomboyish and really Nami-like, if I understood her behaviour without reading a single word of magic runes), but the pictures for this game are top notch, among the best ever made from acerola

Uncensored translated acerola game.
Way to go to hype everyone.

Lot of good game from Acerola to translate if you get into a partnership with them.
fun fact: a couple months ago I began annoying acerola asking them if they'll ever get a translator for their games, and they told me there were no plans at the moment...
I suppose the Kaguras are better than me in their persuasion skills :D

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
fun fact: a couple months ago I began annoying acerola asking them if they'll ever get a translator for their games, and they told me there were no plans at the moment...
I suppose the Kaguras are better than me in their persuasion skills :D
Their persuasin skills partly summed up:

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Liked Makina (even if the RPG part was meh), hyped for this, so.

Can we expect the translation for 2018 at least, or it's not even sure?

thedoc90

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
10/10 Chiaki, hopefully we'll get their NTR games localized at some point.

Ares02

Lurker
Reputation score
chiakisan reporting a question from another topic,
as there's a character that seems a loli, another that could be a shota and several npc that could fulfill the same definition (and all of them see some action, mostly with the protagonist), there's a chance all this content will get cut?
I'm asking because you annunced a Steam release and they can get a little... uptight on such matters...

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
At one point i thought that it would be fantastic to bring Hentai games into the western mainstream, hopefully to encourage developers to translate to English or bring us in on the game's development more, and don't take this the wrong way, but right now just simply isn't the time.

If you've been paying attention to whats all over the news lately, you know that Feminists and SJW types are getting outraged against anything that encourages 'rape culture', if you think video games are exempt from this criticism you'd be sorely mistaken, infact, video games are one of the absolute most targeted forms of media these days, being blamed for all kinds of nonsense from gun crimes to the objectification of women. Our hobby (and if you are active on these forums, you know what our hobby is), could easily be mistaken for something that it isnt and all it will take to start a conversation as to whether our hobby is appropriate or not. You have video games which are one of the most widely consumed forms of entertainment on the planet being used as a scapegoat by both sides, what do you think will happen when a busybody journalist gets their hands on a Japanese (or hell, even an Canadian or American) game showcasing rape fantasy?

Answer: Nothing good.

We're sitting on a powder keg in the middle of a forest fire.

Cerneu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
At one point i thought that it would be fantastic to bring Hentai games into the western mainstream, hopefully to encourage developers to translate to English or bring us in on the game's development more, and don't take this the wrong way, but right now just simply isn't the time.
Uh huh. I don't see any reason why they should stop translating games.

If you've been paying attention to whats all over the news lately, you know that Feminists and SJW types are getting outraged against anything that encourages 'rape culture', if you think video games are exempt from this criticism you'd be sorely mistaken,
Ever since videogames were decalred to be "art", they're subject of the same criticism that every other media is. And there's nothing wrong with this. The First Amendment allows Americans to criticize whatever they want, and I don't see why people should be banned from talking about h-games. And the first amendment is a two-way street, just as reviewers are allowed to criticize whatever they want, developers are allowed to create whatever they want.

You also seem to believe that your "Feminist and SJW" boogyeman have power to censor your games? How? Giving a videogame a negative review isn't censorship. And I hope we never reach the day when criticizing videogames becomes illegal because some random SJW hurt your feelings.

Also, how are they suposed to "take away" your videogames? Are they in the government? No, the current US government is one of the most right-wing and regressive in history. They don't believe in rape culture anymore than you.

you have video games which are one of the most widely consumed forms of entertainment on the planet being used as a scapegoat by both sides, what do you think will happen when a busybody journalist gets their hands on a Japanese (or hell, even an Canadian or American) game showcasing rape fantasy?

Answer: Nothing good.
Sure is fearmongering paranoia in here. Heaven help someone says a word of criticism. There was whining about RapeLay more than a DECADE ago, and nothing happened, you can still play all your loli rape games.

We're sitting on a powder keg in the middle of a forest fire.
LOL

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Theres no need to be an ass, i'm merely voicing a concern, hopefully its nothing just as you suggest, i certainly want the proliferation of these kinds of games, i simply think its impossible in the current political climate. I'm just talking here, if you disagree and think i'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, thats completely understandable, i hope you're right.

Look, i want the people pushing this to have as much freedom as anyone, i personally purchased a few of these games on Steam including Melty's quest, my point is that putting the content on Steam undoubtedly brings attention to it, this is the goal after all. I simply believe (and most people would agree) that the form will be misunderstood and brutally attacked the second it gets an ounce of mainstream attention.

You don't believe me? We're still talking about video game violence in 2018. Gamergate was an infiltration of the medium by social justice types who immediately decryed the level of fan service in japanese games. You think 'Snk Heroines' or 'Soul caliber 6' depict women in an unflattering light? Hold my beer.

Uh huh. I don't see any reason why they should stop translating games.
Its not the translation of the games that worries me, its the surfacing of the genre on a platform like Steam which could be potentially problematic. I don't expect this game to blow up extraordinarily but that doesn't mean it work. Have you seen how many people are losing their shit because Kingdom Come: Deliverance doesn't have any minorities in it?

Ever since videogames were decalred to be "art", they're subject of the same criticism that every other media is. And there's nothing wrong with this. The First Amendment allows Americans to criticize whatever they want, and I don't see why people should be banned from talking about h-games. And the first amendment is a two-way street, just as reviewers are allowed to criticize whatever they want, developers are allowed to create whatever they want.
Right, it is art and it is protected, but not to the most extreme degree. Lets just say that the legality of a certain subset of commonly found art within these games is on shakey ground, at least in the US.

You also seem to believe that your "Feminist and SJW" boogyeman have power to censor your games? How? Giving a videogame a negative review isn't censorship. And I hope we never reach the day when criticizing videogames becomes illegal because some random SJW hurt your feelings.

Also, how are they suposed to "take away" your videogames? Are they in the government? No, the current US government is one of the most right-wing and regressive in history. They don't believe in rape culture anymore than you.
The 'Stop enabling sex traffickers act of 2017' has passed the senate recently with Bipartisan support and now sits on Trump's desk waiting to be signed into law, the law essentially makes web sites responsible for the content hosted on their website whether they are aware of it or not, the specific law targets 'Sex Trafficking' but what it really means is all forms of prostitution, the law would weaken section 230 protections and allow web sites to be shut down or their owners prosecuted or fined for merely having this content on their website unknowingly. Neither side has your interests at heart, if they can go after the games industry, they can go after your hobby. Imagine how they'll label us. 'Internet perverts fantasize about the rape and molestation of fictionalized women'. Do you think that headline isn't good for a click or two?

Companies such as Patreon have recently updated their terms of service, specifically targeting Hentai games with some of their new rules, Am i saying that they plan on putting us all in prison for our hobby? No. but there are many ways of disrupting content than that. Are you telling me that weed hating Jeff Sessions is above enforcing the existing obscenity laws that are already on the books? I'm not about to make that bet.

Sure is fearmongering paranoia in here. Heaven help someone says a word of criticism. There was whining about RapeLay more than a DECADE ago, and nothing happened, you can still play all your loli rape games.
Times are different, i don't know if you've noticed but we're in the middle of a culture war, companies are being forced to make decisions (or making decisions willingly) in order to show solidarity with a particular movement, youtube is censoring videos, western government are banning people from their countries and there seems to be a new puritanical push in the entertainment industry.

Cerneu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Look, i want the people pushing this to have as much freedom as anyone, i personally purchased a few of these games on Steam including Melty's quest, my point is that putting the content on Steam undoubtedly brings attention to it, this is the goal after all. I simply believe (and most people would agree) that the form will be misunderstood and brutally attacked the second it gets an ounce of mainstream attention.
So what if it gets attacked? Most people aren't precious snowflakes who'd get offended the moment someone criticizes a videogame. (BTW, I hope you aren't mixing up "attacking" with "censoring", A free society is one where anyone can "attack" anything they want. If I don't like a certain game, I will criticize it. This is not the same as censoring stuff)

You don't believe me? We're still talking about video game violence in 2018. Gamergate was an infiltration of the medium by social justice types who immediately decryed the level of fan service in japanese games. You think 'Snk Heroines' or 'Soul caliber 6' depict women in an unflattering light? Hold my beer.
Gamergate was a manufactured controversy started by a butthurt ex who turned parts of 4chan into his personal army. It immediately turned into a mob that, ironically, attacked any videogame developer that dared to include in his videogames anything with even a hint of feminism. So in the end, Gamergate was the very thing you're afraid of: a movement hellbent on censoring videogames they don't like.

Its not the translation of the games that worries me, its the surfacing of the genre on a platform like Steam which could be potentially problematic. I don't expect this game to blow up extraordinarily but that doesn't mean it work. Have you seen how many people are losing their shit because Kingdom Come: Deliverance doesn't have any minorities in it?
Nobody called for Kingdom Come to be banned. There was a small minority of people who disagreed with the insistence that not a single black person existed in Medieval Europe. (I presume by minorities you mean black people, since Kingdom Come already contains minorities such as Cumans). This criticism from a small group of people on the net got blown out of proportion by a easily offended dev who couldn't stand anything critizing him, and who proceeded to pollute his Twitter by getting into verbal fights with anyone and everyone. It also attracted a noxious crowd on 4chan and Reddit who declared this videogame to be some kind of Anti-SJW masterpice. Thank god, most gamers didn't care about yet another "controversy" and stuck to playing the game. Ironically, I've only heard about the mess from all the angry gamers getting mad about other people getting mad about the game. Once again, gamers proved to be their own worst enemy. Just like the only reason I know about people like Anita is from all the internet nerds reminding me of her by constantly loudly wailing and screaming every time she uploads a video on Youtube.

Right, it is art and it is protected, but not to the most extreme degree. Lets just say that the legality of a certain subset of commonly found art within these games is on shakey ground, at least in the US.
There is zero chance for anything to happen. I remember massive outrage about RapeLay too, and nobody banned anything in the US. Your games are safe from the eeeviiil SJW's.

The 'Stop enabling sex traffickers act of 2017' has passed the senate recently with Bipartisan support and now sits on Trump's desk waiting to be signed into law, the law essentially makes web sites responsible for the content hosted on their website whether they are aware of it or not, the specific law targets 'Sex Trafficking' but what it really means is all forms of prostitution, the law would weaken section 230 protections and allow web sites to be shut down or their owners prosecuted or fined for merely having this content on their website unknowingly.
The law being pushed will thankfully end up bogged down in courts by Google and other megacorps. So I'm not panicking yet.

Neither side has your interests at heart, if they can go after the games industry, they can go after your hobby. Imagine how they'll label us. 'Internet perverts fantasize about the rape and molestation of fictionalized women'. Do you think that headline isn't good for a click or two?
Who can go? Which two sides? And yeah, 'Internet perverts fantasize about the rape and molestation of fictionalized women' is a clickbait title used by terrible rags. But so is the title 'SJW's and Feminazis HATE this videogame! Click here to see them get BTFO!' Most of the SJW boogymen are completely powerless to do anything, yet they are presented as this all powerfull menace that you have to oppose by donating money to alt-right Youtube celebrities. They know that gamer outrage is profitable, so they will make sure you stay outraged and paranoid.

Companies such as Patreon have recently updated their terms of service, specifically targeting Hentai games with some of their new rules, Am i saying that they plan on putting us all in prison for our hobby? No. but there are many ways of disrupting content than that. Are you telling me that weed hating Jeff Sessions is above enforcing the existing obscenity laws that are already on the books? I'm not about to make that bet.
Patreon is not the government. They are free to do whatever they want to do. And we are just as free to leave their service if it becomes too unbearable. What do you want? For the government to tell Patreon what to do on their service? That's against the Free Market principle.

Times are different, i don't know if you've noticed but we're in the middle of a culture war, companies are being forced to make decisions (or making decisions willingly) in order to show solidarity with a particular movement, youtube is censoring videos, western government are banning people from their countries and there seems to be a new puritanical push in the entertainment industry.
This is hogwash. Youtube is also a private company and they are free to delete whatever they want. And the only puritans I so far see are those who are mad that there are too many women in the new Star Wars movies.

Last edited:
OP
chiakisan

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hi everyone,

In regards to the controversies confronting video games today, all I'd like to say is that at Kagura Games, we really love this industry, its games, its developers, and its fans. After all, before we broke into the industry, we started out as fans. Because of that, we're willing to confront any challenge that comes before us. We love doing this too much to stop now.

Liked Makina (even if the RPG part was meh), hyped for this, so.

Can we expect the translation for 2018 at least, or it's not even sure?
I think it's safe to say that Claire will be released will within this year :)

chiakisan reporting a question from another topic,
as there's a character that seems a loli, another that could be a shota and several npc that could fulfill the same definition (and all of them see some action, mostly with the protagonist), there's a chance all this content will get cut?
I'm asking because you annunced a Steam release and they can get a little... uptight on such matters...
I don't want to get too specific on what will happen as I can't make any promises. But I hope my statement above will help answer this question.

Ares02

Lurker
Reputation score
oh... well... then I have just one thing to say...

:D