What's new

ACT Patreon Active [VersusX] Bioasshard

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hello everyone!
Here I am today to introduce you the game we, at Versus X Studio, have been working on.

Along with the introduction, there is a download link for the "Bioasshard Arena 0.3.198" (The link it's in the second post but I recommend you to read this to get what you need to know all about this)

What is Bioasshard?

It's a 3D game developed in Unreal Engine 4.​
It's a pun based on Biohazard (You guessed I think xD). It's an adult parody game based on the Resident Evil franchise.​
So you can expect a survival-horror (action-oriented) with infected enemies that will try to get some "relief" on you.​
The idea was born from our love to the Resident Evil franchise, specially to the 5th part. This one we played for over hundred hours. So yeah add this to our love for hentai games and the result? Bioasshard.​
But don't think this is just based on the action orientation the franchise got from Resident Evil 5 on ahead. Because the second RE game we love the most is the 2nd one. So there will be puzzles and some scary moments too.​

What about the story of Bioasshard?

One thing to keep in mind is: that the release we just made is Bioasshard Arena Playground, so this mean it’s not the game but the proof of concept for it so everyone can see how it is in its early stages of development. So there’s no story in the Arena. This said, the story for the game is already written.​
Have you wondered what would of have happened if c*pcom wouldn't have destroyed Resident Evil with RE6?​
Well we did and this is the result.​
Bioasshard's plot occurs right after the events of Resi-Evil 5. A few months later to be more specific.​
Avoiding spoilers, I'll tell a few of our heroes has been captured and held hostage in a god-forsaken island to be used in some unknown experiments... So they'll have to try and find an escape from there... And that's all I can say for now :/.​

How is it gameplay-wise?

• 3rd person shooter. With over-the-shoulder camera and closer view with aiming.
  • I guess I can resume it saying: "it's like Resident Evil 5 with some extra mechanics like puzzles and with sexual-attacks".
  • As for the controls, I'd like to say I wanted it focused for gamepad-play but I have no pc-gamepad so I couldn't test it. The mechanics are there but untested. They should work but things like camera movement or aiming mechanics may feel rough. This obviously means you can play it with keyboard+mouse.

Adult content?

One thing to keep in mind is: with this release there’s no CGs so there’s only “one element” of adult content. This said:​
It mainly focused on two types of content:​

• Story-wise sex
  • Enemy attacks, called Sexttacks. That's the main effect the new virus causes on infected people: To search uninfected targets to "force" them to have sex.
The first type is the one that happens because of the story. This one is more cinematic and of a better quality than the second one.​
The sexttacks are the more common type (well it all depends on your skills to be honest :p). Right now, in the Arena, 3 different types are present.​
Fetishes​
  • Vaginal
  • Anal
  • Blowjob
  • Handjob
  • Paizuri (if ever possible)
  • Non-con
  • Monster Sex / Bestiality
  • Inflation
  • Femdom
  • Yuri / Lesbian
  • "NTR"
  • Gangbang
  • Some Vanilla

Current state of the project?

After more than a year for the release of this new version, a lot of stuff has changed for its previous state, like for example no more stuns to get Sexttacked ;).​
Because it's hard to maintain this updated, please refer to the Changelog in the release posts in Patreon or in the Changelog txt file within the download.​

Media
Screenshots
OUTDATED SCREENSHOTS OF THE OLD 0.0.3 VERSION. TAKE A LOOK AT PATREON FOR THE NEW LOOK
Trailer
-

(10k characters limit? :cautious:)

Last edited:
OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
---- Was a luck to make this second post... Well, PART 2 ----

Download link

You can find the controls inside the TXT file. Make sure to read them

Download Link:
(this time is a link to a patreon public/free post because it contains a lot of important and must read info)

Known Bugs / Glitches

Take a look at the bottom in the TXT file to find the current bugs

Hope you like it. Please enjoy and share!
And if you like it you can support the project on

Any feedback is (as always) welcome ;)

Last edited:

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
I love RE hentai so I had to try it. So here's a couple of thoughts

- The sex scenes are really hot, really well animated
- It feels like a true RE game
- Jill's model is pretty good
- Controller works good, the control scheme is not clunky
- The game is terribly unoptimised (in its current state, I'm aware that this is an alpha build)
- Camera can glitch to hell during grapples (sex attacks) and sex scenes
- The shooting is very clunky, the gun sometimes doesn't fire where the laser pointer is

That's about it, pretty good for an alpha build. And if I'm not mistaken there are 3 scenes, or are there more? Nevertheless, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

EcchiExpress

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Great alpha build, liked this one alot more than your other projects

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score
The scenes seem too short to be enoyable. Game is unoptimized (kind of expected). For some reason, the game takes AGES to load. It's not like it's a really big level, AND it's on a SSD. What's up with that?

Oh btw, that vertices going crazy bug definitely happens on my end, A LOT. And I'm not using an AMD card.

Last edited:

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
1. Camera sensitivity in free-look should match pistol ironsights. Way too slow and spastic.
2. I CANNOT pick up the cell key.
3. Jill apparently can stab herself if the camera is at the right angle.
4. Running into action areas while pressing the action key (ledges and climbing) can get the character perma-stuck.

Conceptually the H-scenes don't make any sense. She falls and then gets naked, and then either sucks or fucks a zambo then gets back up again during battle? It's very jarring and takes the player out of the combat experience. I don't really think it works here. A 2D Sidescroller can get away with it, but I'm not sure about 3D. It would also be good to get the GPU/Audio settings in soon as its very irritating to have to turn down audio at the OS level.

Beyond that though, you've got a strong start to what could be a great project! Legally you could very well run into trouble if it gets too much public attention, but that's always a risk with things like this. Do post on what fetishes you plan to cater to. :)

Nuula

Lurker
Reputation score
I have NO idea whats causing it but running this game with a VR headset plugged in causes SteamVR to launch with it, and closing SteamVR closes the game!

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score
is it me or did i notice that there's inflation in this game.

nope.spawn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm having some issues with the demo. It keeps on encountering a "fatal error" near the enemy in the first room. It's crashed when I shoot him from afar, when I aim at him from up close, when I try and run past him, half way through his rape scene, trying to knife him, and even by just getting hit by him. The error doesn't give any details.

Also, there seems to be an issue(?) with walking side to side. When you try to walk diagonally (i.e. forward and left simultaneously) the sidewards movement is much slower than if you stay still and just move sideways.

Last edited:

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I agree with the fact that the H scenes are far too short to be properly enjoyable. This is compounded by the fact that the camera tends to freak out if you're standing near a wall when it happens, so you miss most of the action.

gettagmk2

Lurker
Reputation score
I love Resident Evil! I don't know if anyone remembers that old abandonded H game made in gamemaker, but im looking forward to this one! This is pretty good for an alpha, IMO.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I love Resident Evil! I don't know if anyone remembers that old abandonded H game made in gamemaker, but im looking forward to this one! This is pretty good for an alpha, IMO.
Hey, get back to work on Mugen! :p

I think you're talking about RE Progeny. I agree too though, as I love RE as well. Pity it was abandoned but at least it started a few good English RPGmaker Zombie games (e.g. AZL, O:G, and hopefully AZR).
This one...eh, TBH, I prefer the English translated RotD (it's FPS), but at least this one stays relatively true to the franchise in many aspects. I'll echo everyone's comments. The sex scenes are too short, and the game's a bit choppy and clunky/glitchy (I think I've got decent enough specs to run it). Still, it looks fairly promising and there aren't TOO many games in this specific (and very desired) niche. Fingers crossed this doesn't get abandoned or stuck in development limbo.

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thank you all for your feedback ^^

kiko

- Yeah the game's main optimization problem is the lack of a settings menu. Right now it's forced to max quality and it also uses real time illumination which makes it a bit heavy.
- The camera in sexttacks is driving me crazy. I'm trying to figure a way to make a free camera but avoiding collisions...
- The main problem with the shooting is that Jill doesn't aim to the center of the screen right now. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
- Yeah there are 3 scenes right now.

EcchiExpress

I'm glad you like it. Looks like we're making things better now :p

Nicko

I thought about making them longer but then remembered when got some complaints on past projects about them being too long lol, so had to try first with shorter ones. Right now they are 6 six long (similar to the grapple attacks in RE5). Yeah I'm with you in that; the unoptimization is hard right now and probably will be solved with the settings menu. About the loading times, is it on every loading screen? or only when it's loading the level? I noticed that too on my end but I blamed my pc for that. Maybe it's all related to what I mentioned above: "forced to max quality and real time illimination" what's causing that long loading time.
So the glitching Jill is not something on my end... I'll have to take a look at the model itself maybe I exported it wrong but the funny thing is that it only happens in the compiled game. There's no glitch in the editor... something I hate so much in game engines...

sgtbilco

1. You mean while playing with keyboard+mouse or controller? (camera speed is something I'll add to settings menu)
2. Some people are having trouble with it. It's hard to explain how the reaction to items works but I'll try: basically is a box-collider in-front of Jill that moves with the camera to look up, center or down, so moving the camera should allow you to grab it. Anyway I already got note of that and will add a bigger interaction zone to the key in the first patch.
3. But does she gets affected? I mean she gets any damage? Maybe that's the same glitch I mentioned in the 'known bugs/glitches' section. But in that one Jill doesn't get hit, it's just a blood fx playing there. Which, by the way, doesn't happen on the editor version, only on the compiled one... :_(
4. Never tried that, maintaining the interaction key (I'm too bad with keyboard to maintain a key while moving lol). I'll add that to the list of bugs to fix it asap.

I get your point on sexttacks, the truth is that they have a reason to be like that story-wise. But they way they happen... Any sugestions of other ways to implement that content on enemies?
The settings menu is in the work already :)
About the legal problems, I hope it doesn't happen even if we need that public attention. Guess we could turn it into a daymare or something like that. Good news are this is not a remake of resident evil 2 lol.
I'll make the fetishes we plan to add a list a add them to the main post asap ^^

Nuula

:O First news on that. I really don't know what may be causing that. I didn't use any VR option in unreal engine. Maybe they had something turned on by default. Will take a look and get back to you if I find something.

SoulBreaka

Hehehe. Yeah there's some inflation there (a roughly prototype) I didn't mention in the main post. Right now it does affect to visibility and movement speed f it gets too high.

nope.spawn

Sorry to hear that. No info whatsoever feels like something is missing... maybe some vcredist from micro? maybe gpu drivers update? I can't really be of any help in there because I didn't found that problem :S Maybe someone else can shed any light on this issue? Maybe it's the equivalent to "running out of video memory". An error that happens on my machine.

About the speed issue, I didn't noticed that, will have to take a look, thanks for reporting it.

Shadowknight502

Ok guys, so I need feedback on that. What could be a nice duration for them? (Maybe should I add that duration as a configurable value in the settings menu?).
I really need to be able to test the upper area properly to see those camera problems but this damn pc won't let me... :mad:

gettagmk2

Thanks! Didn't know about that gamemaker game. Funny thing is this one started being developed in game maker but due to the huge amount of sprites that we needed we decided to turn it to UE4.

Emerald_Gladiator

I swear I heard that game name before but didn't manage to play it (if there was a playable demo or something).
About the sex scenes please give me input as mentioned before, in the desired duration ^^.
Probably the laggy problems are the ones I also mentioned before: the max quality settings + real time illumination. Hopefully that will change with the settings menu.

I also cross fingers in that. I don't want to think even the possibility of abandoning it. With so much work put into it already.

Please keep the feedback coming ^^

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Looking good, though the water shaders really tank my FPS, and aiming is awkward due to the camera offset to point of aim. I hope the enemy roster will have more than "Zombie", "Big Zombie", "Crawling Zombie" etc, I think RE-themed hentai is very limited in that respect. I also have to say, the level design isn't currently very conducive to making the player vulnerable. I would recommend avoiding reliance on cramming relatively open spaces full of enemies. Blind corners, uneven floor height, enemies that use the walls and ceilings (or that fly), camouflaged enemies (look like scenery objects eg bushes) , terrain that is impassable to the player but not certain enemies; environmental conditions like fog/smog/steam/smoke, darkness & shadow; windows, doors, vents etc that enemies can ambush the player from. All these things would serve to make it a more fun and challenging game. You already more or less nailed the player movement/handling mechanics so I don't think I'll be disappointed

velvet.velour

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Gotta say I love the game and the design you've got going here. I'll echo a lot of things people have already said and throw in some of my own opinions:

Optimization is rough, I have a GTX 1080 and I get serious lag for a few moments when I'm looking at water or areas with lots of stuff.
I have a VR headset that wasn't plugged in when the game was running and this game started SteamVR for me as well.
I've gotten the glitch with exploding polygons coming out of Jill a couple times too, no idea why.
Sex scenes ideally would have a configurable length, though I think I'd like a minimum of 10s or so, and the camera being more controllable would be great.
Last thing from me - I'd love to see her clothing either be configurable or take damage over time, so her suddenly being stripped in the scenes is less jarring (and so we have something nice to look at while running around).

Otherwise, great proof of concept here - I like what Jesus said too about some more challenging enemies that aren't just zombie dudes and completely second that. Keep it up!

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
@VersusX
1. You mean while playing with keyboard+mouse or controller? (camera speed is something I'll add to settings menu)
Yes, sorry I should've clarified. I'm using keyb/mouse. Mouse feels very slow in free look vs. ironsight aiming.

2. Some people are having trouble with it. It's hard to explain how the reaction to items works but I'll try: basically is a box-collider in-front of Jill that moves with the camera to look up, center or down, so moving the camera should allow you to grab it. Anyway I already got note of that and will add a bigger interaction zone to the key in the first patch.
Understood, I was able to reliably pick it up if the camera is directly facing forward, not pitched down at the table (like I would expect). Hitbox adjustment should fix that.

3. But does she gets affected? I mean she gets any damage? Maybe that's the same glitch I mentioned in the 'known bugs/glitches' section. But in that one Jill doesn't get hit, it's just a blood fx playing there. Which, by the way, doesn't happen on the editor version, only on the compiled one... :_(
As far as I can tell, no, but something to add to the low priority bug fix list.

4. Never tried that, maintaining the interaction key (I'm too bad with keyboard to maintain a key while moving lol). I'll add that to the list of bugs to fix it asap.
Unfortunately this one is inconsistent. I can't exactly tell under what conditions she gets stuck, but I would imagine its her hitbox getting pushed down into the floor somehow.

Jardister

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What is the planned enemy roster for this game? I just hope it has a good amount of variety.

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Jesus

Should I add a simpler version of the water shader when the setting menu is added? Hmm. to be honest if I recall the water shader is the one with more instructions in it, even more than the skin shader.
As mentioned in the first post, we want to add a lot of the resident evil fauna, including but not limiting to dogs, crows, hunters, lickers, reapers? (with his one hit kill lol), spiders? and there will be bosses of course.
I have to say I like those ideas you gave a lot, so I'll write them down to start trying adding them. Thanks for that ^^.
By the way keep in mind that the Arena level is exclusive to the Arena itself, meaning it's not featured in the game. The game will feature a lot of different levels (without forgetting of the most important and classic ones to the RE universe like a lab or a mansion :))

velvet.velour

I'm glad you like it ;)
Optimization is like a very high priority task on the list for the next updates. We'll try our bests with what we have right now (those specs mentioned in the first post). Definitely I'll try to make something with the water shader.
That VR 'error' is really weird. I've been unable to take a look at it yet but will try asap. It has to be some option turned on by default in that UE4 version.
The cloth damage system is in the works as of now.
Also I'll be trying some different models to see if those explode aswell or not. At first I thought that was a specific bug caused by my old crappy pc but I didn't expect it to happen that much and in GPU as powerful as a 1080.

BAB PEEG

Oh! you're right! How could I forget about those lovely plants in the lab of RE2 (where they were? west area? east area? both?). Anyway thanks for mentioning those. Writing them down now :cool:

sgtbilco

1.I'm pretty sure the speed variable I used to set that is the same as the aiming one... I'll double check. And in the case it keeps happening I could add the speed configuration as separate options. One for aiming cam speed, another for the normal mov cam speed.

4. Will try making some intensive tests with a place full of interactions: jump overs, ups, downs and ladders and see if I can find/reproduce it.

Jardister

As mentioned above: A lot of the universe's common fauna :D. It's planned to have a lot of variety.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
And sorry for not having updated the first post yet with the fetishes list as well as the reported bugs and suggestions. Need a bit more time ^^U