What's new

ACT Patreon Active [VersusX] Bioasshard

Ulterior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Anyone else having a problem just unzipping the archive? I just get an error saying it cannot be opened.

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Just from what I say in the video, have to say this news may have just made my night. Always have been a massive fan of the Resident Evil series as a whole, played since the Second one was released, and I feel I was one of the few who absolutely adored the 5th, played it to death with a good few friends of mine on the 360, from perfecting stages like Public Assembly and Prison in co-op mercenaries and team slayers in versus, to going through Lost in Nightmares as quickly as possible on Professional difficulty, the online aspect of that game was simply amazing and a great time in my life.

Of course, haven't tried the demo just yet, will leave my thoughts in another post once I have, but ever since the sudden vanishing act of Resident Evil Progeny, I've been waiting to see something like this come around... even have thoughts to make a Resident Evil/Dead Rising mix of a game in a sexual fashion sometime in the future once I've improved my skills in working with Unity and coding in general. Anywho, definitely can't wait to see where a project like this goes in the future!

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alright, so, had a quick run through, one where I purposefully lost at the end game, and a second where I finished it without taking damage, something that, given the plentiful access to areas where you can do *Jump Over* commands, it becomes pretty easy to herd the zombies around while also avoiding damage,

First and foremost, the attention to detail so far in mimicking the game play style of Resident Evil 5 is pretty strong, was extremely glad to see features like combining ammo in the menu and such make it in, as its one of things that allows for, in my opinion, a sort of skill curve to the game outside of the actual combat, once you understand that you can make two simple button presses in the inventory to restock the ammo of your weapon, rather than sit through a potentially lengthy reload animation, the game becomes far easier. If I had any suggestion in this for the menu, instead of perhaps allowing the menu to remember where you last left the cursor, I'd personally prefer it if it reset back to the center of your menu, which I believe was how it functioned in RE5. Of course, its not anything big, just something my hardwired brain will have to get over in its muscle memory.

As for the rest of the gameplay, I really dig it! Didn't try to struggle out of any sex scenes just yet, so I'll have to see how well that does when it comes to recovery/sweeping out enemies around you as the post mentions, and can't say I have tested yet fully to see if it has made it, but if you DO manage to include melee attacks based off reactionary shots to the enemies body, you'd immediately capture one of my favorite aspects of the game, and something that goes far in creating a higher skill curve mechanics wise, allowing you to conserve ammo, and do a fair bit of crowd control while remaining invincible for that attack/animations period. The controls themselves are pretty good too, at first it took some getting used to on the pad, but its nothing that is over the top, and easily services in catching that Resident Evil 4/5 style of play, more particularly Four than Five if you ask me, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If you don't mind potentially allowing the game to be easy for those who feel like tackling a different control type, I'd suggest trying to emulate the control type of Type A/Type B in RE 5, it has this head turn feature which, allows to continue running in the same direction, but turn your head to the side for view of whats there, as well as instantly aiming in that direction... this allows for far quicker turning and more precise control over where you start off aiming your weapon. It gives more control to the player, but with some tweaking and polishing, the one you have already is good as is, and I have no real complaints with it outside of suggestions to maybe improve it if anything!

As for the technical aspects of the game, I am running a Nvidia GTX 970 card, and a late 5th gen, quad core, 3.20 Ghz processor and 12 gigs of RAM... and I didn't really experiencing any churning or FPS issues while playing... only experiencing the odd polygonal popping from Jill when aiming or trying to switch from animation to the other... at least I think thats what was happening... could just as easily be something similar to Skyrim/Fallout and breast jiggle mechanic night mares where they suddenly go completely bananas and stretch off into infinity. I think the most game breaking bug I managed to encounter twice was somehow, via Alt-Tabbing I believe during the inventory menu being active, I soft locked the game... still capable of opening the menu and restarting, but unable to move my character, or access the inventory menu, the character just frozen as if the menu was still open and there for use, but without the option to actually make it appear.

In any case, LOVE the direction this is headed and this brief proof of concept, if you wanted to take advice when it comes to anything, I would focus on tight corridors/angles which, similar to what Jesus mentioned could create some tense situations where the player feels more vulnerable, and would definitely make even slow enemies such as the ones in this Alpha pretty threatening, even more so with tank like enemies similar to the Fat Majini in RE5 or whatever else you might manage to cook up... heaven forbid you decide to pull a Resident Evil 1 and have dogs burst through into a hall way out of nowhere from outside. Either way, definitely will be supporting the patreon to see more on this, as this is by far the most interesting project I've seen be produced from it personally at least, though, the fact it touches on one of my favorite series AND games of all time doesn't hurt... definitely managed to pierce one of the few soft spots I have, and I wish you the best of luck in further developing this!

EDIT: And of course I play to find out that shaking them off actually makes use of the melee animation... great stuff! Forgot to also mention how well done the reactionary damage for the player is done, top notch stuff in emulating RE5 in another spot!

Last edited:

MUSTYredneck01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It'd be neat if the sex attacks functioned more like grapple attacks do in the RE games, rather than having to get knocked down. Give enemies an attack where they grab Jill and attempt to force themselves on her. Could perhaps have a two stage thing where getting grabbed gives you a QTE; Fail the QTE and they start to rape you, but you can mash keys to struggle free.

I also feel like pleasure meters help in making the sex more relevant to gameplay. Your pleasure raises as you're having sex, and higher pleasure makes it harder to escape when grabbed. When it maxes you cum, which could be either a good thing or a bad thing, I've seen games make it work either way.

Mostly I think it's important that it's still possible to be raped even if you're a competent player. In the demo right now, I have to let myself get attacked if I want to see any of the H scenes. The biggest issue I see with a lot of H games is that you have to intentionally play badly to ever have any of the sexy stuff happen. If you're gonna make an H game, make the sex a regular part of the gameplay.

MUSTYredneck01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Also as far as making the sex scenes less jarring with Jill suddenly appearing naked, clothing destruction might be the way to go. Have the enemies rip open Jill's clothes before she's vulnerable to sex attacks.

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Playtested it and I really liked it. Reminded me of RE4 (Best RE). Most things already got mentioned here except:
- Loading times are really bad considering it is a small map and it ran from a ssd.
- By accident I loaded up the game with an integrated graphics card and it ran fine. Then I ran it with a gtx 1060 and I hardly saw any difference.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Honestly, I downloaded the demo expecting garbage but I gotta say - very happy with this. Biggest seller for me is the way you've incorporated the sex scenes into the gameplay. It is seamlessly fluid and keeps things exciting. A little refinement is needed but otherwise I hope you keep this aspect of the game throughout it's development. Really think you hit the nail on the head with how action games should incorporate H-content.

Other than that I would like to see setting options - this build is basically unplayable for my computer which can run Fallout 4. Assuming you can't optimize it better I'd like the option of reducing graphics and possibly eliminating special effects such as shadows, lighting, ect. Whatever is causing the lag. Quality of gameplay is more important than graphics for me.

Content wise I recommend clothing for H-content. Even a ON/OFF toggle would be appreciated. Would also like zombie dogs for H-scenes, purely due to my fucked up fetishes.

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Honestly, I downloaded the demo expecting garbage but I gotta say - very happy with this. Biggest seller for me is the way you've incorporated the sex scenes into the gameplay. It is seamlessly fluid and keeps things exciting. A little refinement is needed but otherwise I hope you keep this aspect of the game throughout it's development. Really think you hit the nail on the head with how action games should incorporate H-content.

Other than that I would like to see setting options - this build is basically unplayable for my computer which can run Fallout 4. Assuming you can't optimize it better I'd like the option of reducing graphics and possibly eliminating special effects such as shadows, lighting, ect. Whatever is causing the lag. Quality of gameplay is more important than graphics for me.

Content wise I recommend clothing for H-content. Even a ON/OFF toggle would be appreciated. Would also like zombie dogs for H-scenes, purely due to my fucked up fetishes.
Have to agree with this pretty much fully, the way in which the animations themselves actually play out is fantastic... the only thing I'd say is perhaps lengthen them by a bit, nothing overtly long, and, as one of the posters above mentioned, multi-stage grapples, if even only for a few enemies could add onto how well the game mimics RE5, though, really, the biggest suggestion here would be simply adding a pleasure bar of sorts to show when and how things will end, as well as give the player some control over the duration of the animation.

Clothing destruction, or an option for it to be turned off, or even various different costumes would also make for great additions, as I can see why it might break immersion for her to suddenly be fully dressed once more upon the animation ending... the inflation though was a EXCELLENT addition, cum tainting her body in the future or even leaking from her as things go on could be some neat things to add on. Sorry that I've already posted like three times too for this thread, I promise I'll stop now, but this project honestly has me incredibly excited, more than it probably should really... a game I can both enjoy sexually and game play wise is a very rare occurrence, so I am more than willing to help critique as well as suggest new additions as things progress, as most anyone on here really!

gettagmk2

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey, get back to work on Mugen! :p

I think you're talking about RE Progeny. I agree too though, as I love RE as well. Pity it was abandoned but at least it started a few good English RPGmaker Zombie games (e.g. AZL, O:G, and hopefully AZR).
heh heh heh...yeah, thats the one xD

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Ulterior

Are you using winrar 5.50? Or you can try with 7zip but I'm not sure that one works correctly.

hhh7773

Wow! I take my hat off :eek: I can feel that love for Resident Evil in your posts :D.
I'm glad you like it so much ^^. Thanks for the suggestions and the bug-report.
Hundreds and hundreds of hours playing Public Assembly (along with the other maps but specifically this one) in co-op mercs and mercs reunion (Josh's op melees!) left me with no choice but to add the ammo combining in the inventory hahaha.
Now that you mention that breast jiggle bug in skyrim/fallout, I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with the hair physics... I'll have to test that out.
About the Alt-Tab; have you tried left mouse clicking the game window just in case it doesn't get fully focused? Never tried that tbh, just tend to press windows key to get mouse back and as soon as the game window gets back on top it auto recover all the inputs.
"have dogs burst through into a hall way out of nowhere from outside" hehehe is someone reading my mind? :rolleyes:
I took note of all the suggestions!

MUSTYredneck01

To be honest, I did really wanted to make it like the grapple attacks in RE5, with no psyche/stamina damage but couldn't manage to make the animations for that to happen so we had to think for an alternative.
The pleasure meter sounds good to me so I'll see what we can do, thanks for the idea :).
Definitely it will feature a cloth damage system.
Also I get your point on that about having to make it bad on purpose to get H-content. I'm against that too and that's why there's no game over with reward. But because of what I mentioned early about the problem with being unable to make those animations, the only alternative we found was that. I really hope to get it more integrated tho.

Timmy!

The loading times are bad only when loading the playable map? or for the main menu/result screen too? This is probably caused because of the use of LPV and the no-optimization (yet)
Wow that's weird. It should be noticeably better with the GTX as UE4 minimum requirements discards integrated GPUs and recomend GTXs.

Allsop2604

expecting garbage huh? :confused: xD
I'm glad you like it!
So you like how the sexttacks are implemented. Then I have to ask you, would you change the stunning process for a direct grapple attack or maybe make use of both? (for everyone; it's not like I can magically change it now, mainly because of the animation problem mentioned but maybe if we get enough support that allows us to get an animator, that would become a real option)
Settings menu will definitely be available soon.
Also, dogs will be there. Because I can't access to it right now, otherwise I would show you a screen shot of the dog's model already in the works. I wanted it to make it to the Arena, but then everything started to fuck up (all I explained in the main post about my PC) so had to 'hurry' and make an alpha release.

Thank you guys for your feedback and suggestions!

herakleides

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Holy hell man.
At First, i love you for making this game.
I was waiting for so long for someone who make a resident evil game like this one.
It is pretty awesome so far, keep up the good work!
I like the Controls, style and Animations.
You put a Lot of work into that.
For the Animations yeah theyre a bit Short,
could you make a time edit in the settings for that?
Didn't noticed anything else so far that hasn't allready be mentioned.

Can't wait for the next update of this awesome game.

Shadowgungc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have to admit that I'm impressed with what you have so far. The feel is pretty close, your jill looks enough like jill that its not a stretch, the bits are well made.
As for input; is there some way to make the enemy strike attacks do zero or very little damage and bump up how much damage the rap's do? As I think straight up grapple attacks wouldn't be necessary if didn't need to beat you half to death before they could get their hands on you. ((Also have you thought of playing two or three angles on the scenes before orgasm? It would help the scene last longer with out needing to make the animation themselves take longer.))

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If you land at a zombie's feet after being knocked down, you go into the sex attack without having to be at 10% health. So not checking your six is the only way you're going to be H'd before your health is low enough to not survive the H.

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
A pretty solid demo, though there are plenty of kinks to iron out (many of which you're already aware of).
The most glaring issues I found were Jill's model going janky when struck multiple times and the camera ending up under the floor or inside environment objects during H scenes.
Also a minor issue of bullets not consistently following where the laser guidance points, but not sure if that's a bug in the engine or emulating gameplay from the actual RE games.
The only framerate issues I had was inside the horde room, for obvious reasons.
As short as the H scenes were they are enjoyable (whenever I could get a clear view of them, which wasn't often in the horde room). Bonus points for gradual inflation, but definitely look into persisting clothing damage in future builds.

Azoriss

Demon Girl
Reputation score
IMO

if you went full resident evil revelations, it could be quite good

like multiple characters, some leveling stuff.....you know what every REboi that hates fun doesn't want

on the topic of characters it would be quite something if peoples could just bring in their own through modding say a 3D model for appearance and a .TXT file for the details of it (skills, stats etc etc)

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
herakleides

Thank you for your kind words ;)
About the sexttack duration; yeah we'll be adding an option in the settings menu to configure the length as desired.

Shadowgungc

So, do you think her ass and boobs are ok? :rolleyes: Some people found her way too fat :p
So you mean to swap the damage received by normal attacks with the sexttacks one?
Right know the easier way to get stunned quickly without getting much damage is to let the infected attack you from behind. Those attacks get much more stamina than life.
I already tried about the takes, but "random variables" in UE4 tried to make fun of me repeating same take over and over lol, that's why I decided to give the camera control to the player.

Sue Nami

Exactly, you don't need to lose all life to get stunned

Pootis404

The problem with the bullets, it's basically that the laser is a line but due to the slowness of my pc, most of the bullets collision weren't take into account so I had to replace a "line trace" check for collision, for a "capsule trace" check to get a better response. I guess I could try to change it back to line-trace.
Cloth damage system should follow up soon after fixing the "exploding" Jill.

Azoriss

There are multiple characters planned (Female and Male). Also weapon upgrade system is a wip.
About the custom characters' mods sound like a good idea. But I don't know how hard that would be to implement. Anyway I'll take note of this, so thanks for the great idea :)

Thank you guys once again for your feedback and suggestions, keep'em coming :D

herakleides

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
You don't have to thank me,
I have to say thank You. I love resident evil since the first one came out and i always had a crush on jill since then.
You really did a great job so far Animation, mechanics, graphics and gameplay are really well done for a 0.0.1 Version. multiple Characters in Future updates
Wow man and your jill Modell is perfect.
Not much left say.
Im eager to See what the Story is and what you do further but i know it must been awesome!

By the way what enemies do you add?
Zombie dog, Hunter, drain deimos or something like that?

Ulterior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Tried the game, (My 7zip was so ancient it couldn't unzip the file, lol)

Really liked the concept. The game felt like an RE game. Methodical movement, puzzles, zombies, etc.
Sex scenes wise: They're REALLY well done, especially for an alpha. All three scenes are good. Especially, the doggy scene that actually slows Jill's walk speed down if she doesn't break free. I even liked the timed section since I didn't actually think this game would already have a cutscene.

Couple things I did notice bug wise: Lots of camera clipping in the sex scenes, you end up with a face full of wall or floor instead of the H scene.

Jill tends to have graphic bugs. Best way to phrase it would be improperly installed HDT physics out of Skyrim. The zombies in the final room have it just because there are so many. I tried this on an older midrange computer with an olr NVIDIA 700 series graphics card. If anyone with a better comp didn't have those graphics issues, let me know if it's just an isolated thing on my end. (might need to review my computer, etc.)

The Zombie in the sex scene is always the same regardless of the zombie that gets Jill from what I've seen.

My advice outside of optimizing the base game would be just letting the zombies keep using Jill after you run out of HP and let the player quit/restart when they're ready. It is an H-Game.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score
Game runs fine on my PC, didn't notice any lag.
Played the game at 4K.
only noticed the glitchy polygons others mentioned...

Also recorded the game at 4K in the zombie room.

Last edited:

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Is it just me experiencing a cloudflare error when trying to load the first page of this thread? Started happening like a week ago