What's new

Humbid0 Games

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Humbid0 Games

Those are all normal.
Touching Pokemon doesn't always work in your favor.
Sometimes it works against you.
I should have someone in the game mention that somewhere.

Every inn that you sleep at changes Misty's outfit.
This is an intentional feature, it gives you a reason to sleep around.
And yes, the Pewter brothel is incomplete.

I still need to figure out how to fix the slow-down when using overcast.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, the enemies won't get exponentially harder because Pokemon cannot level-up against weaker opponents.
In other words, your opponent cannot level-up a second time.
You'll never find yourself in a battle against an opponent 2 levels above you.
Unless you have one monster that you've farmed exp for (by letting them kill one of yours, letting them level, and then killing them) and you haven't done that with the rest. I see your point, but that wasn't entirely what I was getting at. My point was, allowing them to level up means that there's a huge gap in difficulty levels. Either they're really easy - they're one level lower than you. Or you have to use a potion (or just outnumber them) - they're equal level than you. If you don't outnumber them, or have a potion on hand, the battle just got pretty difficult, since every evenly matched monster will leave yours at 1 or 2 hp. If they do manage to kill one of yours, the battle suddenly takes a huge jump in difficulty - and that's pretty easy to do, with the way you've set up stats. Maybe tweaking the others will fix this; as it is, letting enemies level up has too much power attached to it.

I deliberately simplified things for myself by removing most of the stats.
Maybe I should add some random variation in each Pokemon's attack power and HP. That way, with a large enough variation, even the same battles will play out differently... in theory. But I'd need to be careful not to negate the strategic significance of weaknesses.
You might not even have to vary their HP or attack power if you didn't want to, putting more moves in the game instead. That would make your job easier but still allow for battles to be different each time other than "I hit you, you hit me, repeat until you're dead and I'm almost dead because I attacked first," because you'd be able to use moves of higher power.

You can get actually get an Onix elsewhere in Pewter.
What makes Brock's battle unique is Brock himself.
His unexpected CUT attack is strong against plant Pokemon which would otherwise be excellent in a battle against rock Pokemon.
And his "harden" ability forces you to strategize a little.
That's just my point. The fight against brock ISN'T unique because you can get all of his pokemon before you fight him. I was talking about the fight against the original brock, in red and blue versions.

Although my game isn't perfect, I pretty sure it's better than the original Pokemon games. When I tried playing Pokemon Blue, I noticed that most of the time, I was walking back and forth, fighting the same Pokemon over and over, with the same attack. Repetition is boring.
I think I've managed to add at least some variety by starting everyone off with 2 moves, and adding a level cap to discourage staying in one place for long.
But I admit that most battles fall into a common strategy of using Pikachu's stun, followed by Spearow's sand-attack.
At least rock Pokemon discourage you from using Pikachu since she's weak against them.
Hmmm... I have a different experience of the original pokemon games then. Personally I never had to grind in the original pokemon games; I found traveling from one area to the next usually leveled my party sufficiently. To each their own. You've streamlined the leveling system and took out much of the grinding, but made it a bit harder to level up as a result (not necessarily a bad thing).

I admit that meeting trainers with unique Pokemon would make them more memorable, but I've limited my game's plan to have only 16 Pokemon because I'm going to be drawing all of them.
And I want each area to have at least 2 Pokemon each.
Fair enough. How many gym leaders are you planning on having? If you don't have very many of them, as in two or three, maybe they could each have their own unique party of non-catchable pokemon (only one or two) that you could find pictures on google images or something so you wouldn't have to draw them. That might add a little to the camera sidequest too - trying to survive against these slightly powered-up versions of monsters while snapping a picture of them.

I might sound like I'm being a little defensive, but I'm glad to get feedback like this. It's always helpful for me to re-think things once in awhile.
Not at all. I appreciate the response and the way you're keeping an open mind about your game - and of course the fact that your motivation hasn't died out for this one (yet haha =P). Keep up the good work.

@Fanta: I don't feel your unwarranted attack deserves a response, but try reading into the tone of my post a little more. The reason I pointed out mechanics from the original pokemon games was because they were there for a reason: they worked. Try taking a game design course at whatever university you go to; a lot of them are opening them up now - you'll see that there's actually a lot of thinking going on behind choosing whether to put in this mechanic or that. I'm trying to improve Humbird0's game, not turn it into a carbon copy of another one - it just so happens that his game mimics another one that was extremely successful, and with good reason.

GTRanma

Lurker
Reputation score

Heh, I'm to dumb to even beat Pikachu the first time -.-

Someday I'll go back through all these pages to see if anyone else was as horrible at games as me, but not now ^^ Neato game reguardless.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

it just so happens that his game mimics another one that was extremely successful, and with good reason.
because every gamer dreams of catching more than 150 hot chicks. :D

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Heh, I'm to dumb to even beat Pikachu the first time -.-

Someday I'll go back through all these pages to see if anyone else was as horrible at games as me, but not now ^^ Neato game reguardless.
I get asked this question a lot.
Click on her until she's as horny as she can get, then use fan art.

Last edited:

blob27

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Awesome update :D i have to say i admire how much effort you are putting into your games, just saying xD.

darek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Love the game thus far! :D I think I've pretty much found everything;nipple-electrode/etc/etc.
I actually beat Brook before getting the TM, and so the pikachu electrocution was one of the last things I did. Also it is nice that you included where the game 'ends' in the current update rather then have us try to find where to go forward from where we were.

Absolutely love the Misty x Ash x Mom debacle. LOL. Poor poor Misty. Will she ever get her chance?

Can't wait for more! :D

(also, are the 50 and 100 coin inn options not done yet? Because those maids/etc aren't giving me some hot hot action).

Last edited:

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, the more expensive inn rooms aren't scripted yet.

Guye

Lurker
Reputation score

This game is looking pretty masterful right about now. Liking the direction its going. While I disagree with Alias's comment that each attack is the same (each of the "straight damage" attacks has advantages on different pokemon types as is listed in each of their descriptions, while others have different status or buff/debuff effects), I do think that the lack in variety leads to oversimplified strategy. This is partially remedied by the fact that the game comes with some editing tools, and the potential for possibly allowing the addition of pokemon in the future (something that could make this game awesome).

I like the whole "gym leader's are badass's" idea for making the game more challenging (and the fact that humans are involving themselves in the battle in general), unfortunately I still paved over brock within moments with a rattata and dropped every other pokemon he had with my caterpie. Perhaps the idea of boosts to unique enemies isn't too bad of an idea. Maybe give them and their pokemon strong equips? But then you could catch them and steal their stuff and that might present some more balance issues. I kind of like the suggestion of having some strong unique pokemon that you would struggle to get a picture of while they slaughter you, but I can't see that it would be worth the amount of extra work that would take. At the least not when the main portion of the game is incomplete. Can't wait to see how equipment starts playing into things later on. I know in one of the earlier releases there was a pheromone equip that was pretty ridiculous.

Oh, before I forget. I like the concept of being able to buy low and sell high, but that basic concept is based off of supply and demand. Being able to literally double your money by buying a ridiculously large load of airhorns can set you up pretty easily for money for the rest of the game (or so it would seem at this point). Perhaps adding in a depreciating return for each consecutive item of a given type that you sell? Selling one pokeball for 110 and then the next for 108 then 106 ect... It would also give more reason to look around for individuals who want to buy from you instead of just massively loading up and shipping between stores. I also like the idea of limiting inventory space. Whatever works.

Definitely liking all the random events spread about. The dialog for most events and a lot of the random people you run into would be enough to keep me playing this game alone. The inclusion of those back pictures for "women" and "girl" are pretty sexy. Can't wait to see how rocketballs are implemented into the story. I don't think you can get them as of now without cheating, but they certainly could make things very interesting. I can only hope that there are some possible sexy events that might be gained from having certain "servants" or "slaves" as the case may be. At least for some of the gym leaders.

Isn't Pikachu the only Pokemorph in the game so far?
There's also Vulpix. Though Vulpix doesn't have a particular "horny" picture as of now and is only in the "test" section of the game. Technically you could just add in your own. You could really make any and all of the pokemon in the game into pokemorphs right now if you wanted. It wouldn't even really take that much work if your willing to grab pics from sites like danbooru. I think they have a ridiculous amount of pokemorph style pic's over there (though you can find them just about anywhere). So... yeah.

Come to think of it, It would be cool to see a "climax" picture thrown in for when pokemon (or people for that matter) join you, as it currently feels like the event is underplayed a bit. Though I guess that would add a lot of extra work, and might be a bit redundant considering that there are already "horny" pictures included. Perhaps only displaying the "horny" picture when they join you? But then I kind of like where the "horny" picture is right now. Really helps differentiate between the first and second level of arousal. Perhaps just some sound effect? Or maybe a bit more dialog on them joining.

So, good work and all that. Hope you go all the way through with this one (I know a project can start to feel a lot more like work and a lot less like fun after you keep working on the same one for a while). Your continued dedication is appreciated. I'm torn between following your work closely and picking apart each update as it comes (what I will almost certainly do), and forcing myself to ignore this for a while and waiting for the game to be near complete so that I can play the whole thing through as it is intended to be played (what I almost certainly lack the ability to do).

Last edited:

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You have some excellent suggestions.

I think I've just come up with a great solution for the shops:
Each store has a limited amount of each item they sell.
When you sell an item to a shop, it gains one of that item.
When you buy an item, they lose one. Eventually, they can run out.
And each time you use an item, one of the previous shops regains that item.
So if you keep buying low and selling high, the cheap shops will tend to run out.

I think it would be a great idea to have each pokemon have some unique dialog when they're caught. It would help give each one a unique personality. A picture probably wouldn't work as well, since the battle system already has a system for acquiring pictures. And over-indulging the player with them might make sexy pictures feel less valuable.

Last edited:

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The AI also seems rather glitched during battles. I have had battles with trainers in the game where they immediately after one hit on them send out a Pokemon and then other times where they have two Pokemon in reserve and they decided to fight to the death with out calling out their Pokemon. On one of my play through I got to the fight with Brock and I one in one battle because Brock decided to try and be a bad ass and take out all of my Pokemon on his own. Other than this one AI bug I have found this game to be rather enjoyable.

Are you planing on making this game modifiable?

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That's not really a bug. If the trainers always relied on their pokemon, they'd never attack unless they were the only ones left. Which would make sense, but is kind of tedious. Since battles can be immediately won by defeating the trainer, I wanted to give the player occasional opportunities.

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Most parts of the game can be easily modified with my level editor. I should release an editor pack for it.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No, but you can!

Since I made it back when I was just learning flash, it barely uses any programming.
It's just tweens, buttons, and gotoAndPlay()
If you have trouble finding the animations, remember that it has multiple scenes.

Well...

What programs would this need?

If it's something I can do, I'll poke around at it...

Chrono Trigger was one of the greatest RPGs of all time...

It needs a completed H-sequel...

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One of the best RPGs?

Speaking of which, (TANGENT!), I just started playing Mother 3...

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I love Mother 3!
It had amazing music for a GBA game.
The intro music gave be goosebumps.

Last edited:

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well...
What programs would this need?
If it's something I can do, I'll poke around at it...
Chrono Trigger was one of the greatest RPGs of all time...
It needs a completed H-sequel...
You would only need Adobe Flash.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

I still prefer Mother 2 *cough*Earthbound*cough*

And it's a tough battle between this and Chrono Trigger(even just for how damn hard it is to see a well done timetravel coherent plot) for the best snes RPG.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know Earthbound is Mother 2... But was the first one just called Mother?