What's new

Humbid0 Games

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Humbid0 Games

..... Buy a keyboard that has a Tilde key then?

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

The trick is "convincing" her to join.
Touching her will only go so far.
You need to use the fan-art to finish her off.
You might want to make it a bit more clear what to do, especially at the beginning of the game like this. At first it seems like you have to whittle down her HP until she's at 2 or 3, and then use the fan art to capture her. When that doesn't work, it's not really clear what to do until you figure out that you can actually click on her. Maybe it's just me, but at this point I was under the impression that you had to use fan art, then touch her, then wait for her to be captured or use some other kind of item to get her. It took me quite a while to figure out that you could touch her before using the fan art.

Most of the confusion, however, was due to playing the old red/blue pokemon games where you actually had to get their HP down before you could acquire them. Some sort of hint letting us know that you don't have to do that for the first one would be much appreciated.

Also, is there a way for you to make it so Pikachu is the first to come out? I didn't see a switch command.

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I suppose I should ease up on the puzzles at first, since the beginning should be easy.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I might be a little bias since I saw everybody's reaction before I played it, but I found it a bit easy to capture her. The main problem I have is that no matter how many times you hint that I had to "touch" her, I had no idea what to do until I started pressing tab for a hint. I think the thing you need to do is change the scientist's hint before the fight to make it a little more clear. Something like,

"Remember what I told you. And when you've got her on the ropes, use this."

And maybe change his beginning hint to something a little easier to interpret. That one I have no idea how to turn around, though. When I think about the hint now, it's really obvious to me, so I have no idea how to make it hint that you have to use the mouse while still keeping the pun.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

I suppose I should ease up on the puzzles at first, since the beginning should be easy.
It's not about hard or easy, you need a tutorial on the controls, it didn't even come to mind that i could have had to use the mouse...played too many rpgm games...

Randomnone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

(i dont know if this is the right place to ask but what the hell) hello hum i was woundering if your self made tools are able to pull off "high" works like this ?

thanks for the games and tips for follow "wannabe" flash artist(s) and game makers.:cool:

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You can put any graphics you want into it.
But they need to be pre-rendered.
No real-time 3D.

The main difference is that my systems don't do the 3/4 view.
Just the old-fashioned RPG top-down view.
And the tiles are currently locked at 16x16 size, but I could probably program that to be changable.

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Pokemon Updates (10/13/2010)
+ Added something funny to the intro.
+ Added a bunch of stuff to Viridian City.

Changes
* ESC is now the default menu key.
* Catching Pikachu is easier to figure out.

Last edited:

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Pokemon Updates (10/17/2010)
+ Misty's outfit changes after sleeping in different places.
+ Added crime to Viridian city.
+ Added more missions.

Bug fixes
- Cancelling the photo gallery used to freeze.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, where do we download the update? Is it the same link?

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's the same link.
4Shared has a nice system that allows me to update files without changing their download links.
Even old links will still point to the new files.

Last edited:

Akumanoko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Quick question: If I start playing the current version of the pokémon game, will my save file work for future versions?

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Mostly yes, but I have made one change to the upcoming release that may accidentally allow previous saved games to get one of the items twice.
Basically, I just changed the name of one of the variables that keeps track of whether or not you got one of the items.
No big deal.

Akumanoko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks.

Oh, and is the kinda broken levelling system intentional? Since wild pokémon level up from beating your pokémon, and since every level higher the opponent is doubles the ammount of exp, it's really easy to get level 10 pokémon using any level five reserve pokémon and a level one spearow. You just hit the spearow once with your level 5, sending it to 2 HP, then let the spearow kill your pokémon and it becomes a level 9 fearow with 2 hp. Then just kill it with any low level (level 6 or lower) pokémon for instant level 10.

So yeah, intentional exploit or not?

Humbird0

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Okay, that trick isn't intended.
I guess I'll change it so that level-ups can only go up 1 level.
Thanks for pointing it out.