What's new

ACT [Playshapes] The Legend Of Krystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

imacatetc

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Playshapes' Games

You realize ren's team has been "working" on this game for like 2 years now with no evidence that any work has been done.... (area 52 released a few loops? does that count?)
I think back 2 years ago someone else would have finished the game had they not seen this whole forum full of people going "oh yeah we got this". Its not that someone else couldn't have still tried, but whats the point of working on essentially the same thing? I'm sure to this day people are coming across LoK and going "oh cool I could finish this" then doing a quick google search and going "nahhh someone else is doing it".
Yes I realize this. Renara was not part of the Area 52 team though, the Area 52 people were the folks on the original project that got fed up with waiting for Renara to design a game engine using AS3 and wanted to create their own project. We all have seen how well that played out. Some of the team members were complete assholes anyway, I would have shit myself if had to work with either Kalypso or trunks.

I'm not saying Renara will magically release a game someday, but since I didn't pay him to make one for me and he still says he is working on the original AS3 remake of the Legend of Krystal and has specified that he has a partner doing the artistic side of things, I'll cut him some slack and continue visiting the site. Besides, some amazing flash games have come to be from there, especially Gorepete's stuff.

The only successful free game that involved more than 1-2 people that I can think of that has come to fruition is Katawa Shoujo (I'm not saying others haven't, KS just sticks out for me since I followed it from the beginning). Following taught me to stop expecting awesome shit to ever be finished, especially if it's free. Now I just wait it out and enjoy the inevitably creative by-products.

I don't think either of us can do more than speculate though, and that doesn't lead anywhere productive.

Last edited:

Snatchmonger

Demon Girl
Reputation score

its not that they really owe us anything... but they did let a lot of people down

especially since its been hyped up as something theyre working on when they probably arent. and they continue to say that theyre working on it. its like telling a little kid you're going to buy him a toy fire engine or something, then 2 weeks later he asks when and you're like "dunno but dont worry I'm still gonna buy it" for 2 years

imacatetc

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

its not that they really owe us anything... but they did let a lot of people down

especially since its been hyped up as something theyre working on when they probably arent. and they continue to say that theyre working on it. its like telling a little kid you're going to buy him a toy fire engine or something, then 2 weeks later he asks when and you're like "dunno but dont worry I'm still gonna buy it" for 2 years
On that much I agree with you. *shrug* I just can't get disappointed at someone who is making a game for people to masturbate to.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

keep in mind that popular game makers such as Dirty101c started from the Legend of Krystal forums so it does give us some great stuff...plus it does seem to be the main forum for information for the quite popular RPG game despair labrynth...it is mainly either flash or RPG maker games on there now though.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Mega Necro Bump.

Playshapes released all the stuffs he's been working on.

Last edited:

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The mario is missing 2 file seems to be a virus of sorts. When I try to play it on newgrounds it is extremely laggy and when I tried to download it I got an infinite open attempt of the .swf file that wouldn't stop till I force restarted my computer.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Mega Necro Bump.

Playshapes released all the stuffs he's been working on.
due to the amazing content offered... this bumping is allowed sir :D

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

playshapes just unleashed some more content for use and abuse.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Did you not notice the same link posted three post before yours?

sicfreek7272

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to mention how much I'm drooling over that Katt sprite. It's a lot of drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.