This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Other] Read Before Posting

I just want to make it clear which tag (prefix) you are supposed to use for your threads.

*If you are posting a hentai game which was built in flash, and is playable online embedded in a browser, use the [Flash] tag.
    *If your game has a click to advance structure, with or without a storyline, and you only get to make a few choices, your game is a [Text & CGI] game.
    *If your game has a gameplay mechanic that would make it at least slightly enjoyable if there was no hentai, with a set of rules and a clear way to win and a clear way to lose, THEN you can use the tag [Full Game].
    *If your game really doesn't fit into any of the above, or you're posting a request, or you're posting something else which you feel goes in this board, use the [Other] tag.

Edit (By Pheonix):

Starting February 1, 2010, any uploads a person makes without posting a description will be deleted. This is to make it more troublesome for the casual troll to throw up a link and a picture as well as to stop people from spamming games without describing them.
    This description can simply be a link to eng.dlsite, or a written description, it just has to be something aside from just pictures.

Additionally, this server is in the USA, so if it looks like loli and there is no evidence to the contrary, it is loli. If you are going to post loli, do not post links but tell people to pm you.

Finally, if you are going to have a large amount of images in your thread, spoiler them. to do this, type {spoiler}{/spoiler} Around the images and replace the '{}' with '[]'.
    Last edited by DarkFire1004; 24th July 2015, 20:02.

ATTENTION: Regarding the Hentai Dumpers... STOP REPORTING THEM UNLESS WE MISS THEM!

This was a post about hentai dumpers. I'm leaving it here for clerical/historical purposes, but otherwise, it's a pretty obsolete rule. Suffice to say, if you see a hentai dumper, ignore the thread unless you're planning on starting a decent discussion in it.

Spoiler
    Last edited by DarkFire1004; 10th February 2015, 23:37.

Comment

Re: Read Before Posting Games

Regarding Vanja game threads:

If you are posting a Vanja game thread, the following rules MUST be abided by, or the thread WILL be immediately closed.

1. Do not ask for PM requests. We have been asked not to distribute Vanja's games and we must oblige. I will say though that we aren't capable of monitoring everybody's PMs. If somebody is offering a link through PMs, then... We don't have control over that.

2. Do not derail the topic by arguing about Vanja's prices, quality of artwork, or anything that isn't strictly about the gameplay. I understand people have very strong opinions about these sorts of things, but many, many threads in the past have been closed because they couldn't keep the conversation civil.

3. Do not ask about where a previous Vanja thread went. It's very likely to have been deleted due to one of the two above rules, and will not be allowed to go back up.
      Last edited by DarkFire1004; 10th February 2015, 23:42. Reason: Making the post a little more professional

Comment

Posting Guidelines

So you've decided to post on ULMF to share a game with us, but a moderator keeps on deleting your threads. You aren't a dumper and not even being belligerent, but it keeps happening.

We just like having a clean discussion with a clear, identifiable purpose. Here're some tips for how to do that.

RULE OF THUMB #1: Read the Rules
        This thread is your friend. I shouldn't even have to say this; hell, it should be mandatory reading for anybody who wants to post here. Read the rules. Especially these:
        Originally posted by aika View Post
        A: The Laws of Moderation
        1) The moderators are always right.
        2) If the moderators are not right, rule 1 applies.
        3) Any complaints about the staff should be PM'd to Nunu.
        4) When a moderator steps in to say something about a topic (in an official capacity obviously) you are not to help. Thats why they are moderators and you are not. This is because we can end an argument faster if only two people are talking instead of 23.
        RULE OF THUMB #2: Post like you're human
        Above all else, act like a human being. It makes it difficult for Tox and I to distinguish a normal poster from spam if you have your text centered, have colored headings, list the specs your computer needs to play the game, and have an obnoxiously hard-to-read title. Now granted you'll see some people do that anyway, but usually they're from people that we trust (Ace and Hentar, for instance).

Side note, it's a pretty good idea if you share your thoughts on the game, or some instructions on how to play the game, or SOMETHING that tells us that you aren't just a robot. A lot of people seem to have a lot of trouble understanding what I mean when I say this. This doesn't mean copy-paste the description from Getchu or something. It means say something that YOU thought up.

You don't need formalities in this forum; you don't need to make your OP really nice and fancy and organized. Just slap a link in and write something that indicates you're not a dumper.

RULE OF THUMB #3: Be Informative
        On the flip side, don't make it so casual that there's absolutely no information about the game. Nobody's going to click on a link without any prior information because that's stupid and dangerous.

RULE OF THUMB #4: Basic Thread Information
        Some things that make your thread great include the following:
        If you regularly follow the game's development and post updated links on your OP
        Posting the developer's blog on the OP
        Special instructions(If any) on how to download (Like if the DL link is from a Japanese site, it'd be really neat to have some guidance on what to click)
        Basic controls of the game

RULE OF THUMB #5: No Request Threads
        Don't make a thread asking for people to suggest games to you. Stop being lazy and lurk a little.

RULE OF THUMB #6: Check Appropriate Threads for Tech Help
        Do you have a problem with running some games? Post in the game's thread. Is it a game that we don't have a thread about? You can either post in the tech thread or you can create a new thread, post a download link for the game and some basic information on it, then ask for some help. Nobody can help you if you don't give us the game first.

RULE OF THUMB #7: Do Not Post the Following!
        Don't ever post about these things:
        Vanja game DL links/requests
        Swissmade game DL links/requests
        Da Klub/Sexvilla
        Any game that is loli/shota/illegal
        In fact, don't ever post a topic about requests. I know we have a tag specifically for requests, but we also have a request thread for your asking pleasure. Just ask there.

RULE OF THUMB #8: Posting Links with under 15 posts
        Originally posted by Lila M-3210
        The concealing of your links.

While you cannot post full, clickable links when you're a newbie, you CAN post links omitting the http://www. part. It is easy to do, just copy and past everything after that point. For others, it would be easy to copy and paste what was posted in full and be taken directly to that link.

Links are not clickable for newbies due to bots. Bots will always try to make a clickable link to trick you. You are not a bot. You are smart. You do what I said.

Before you whine about people being "too lazy" to decipher your clever code, this thing should not have to require such effort. It is mundane.

So no more "www(dot)blahblah(dot)com nonsense.
        That should be about it for now. If you have any questions, shoot Toxic or myself a PM and we'll do our best to answer it.
        Last edited by DarkFire1004; 14th February 2015, 05:25.

Comment

Regarding Link Requests

Just so you guys know, I'm going to start deleting posts that are just requests for links to games. From now on, it is the responsibility of the topic creator to provide the link and, if for whatever reason the link cannot be posted in the topic, it will again be the topic creator's responsibility to send out PMs to whoever wants it. Of course, if other members want to provide a link, feel free to post in the topic that you'll be willing to hand out links.

That being said, those who wish to receive these links are NOT to make a post about it in the thread. They are to directly PM the topic creator/other link providers to ask.

I'm going to start deleting posts like these and if I start recognizing your name because of how many times I've had to delete your post, I'm going to recommend a ban on your account.

If the post is about something like, "the link is down!" though, I'm fine with it. How else are they going to know?
          Last edited by DarkFire1004; 16th March 2015, 22:17.

Comment

Re: Read Before Posting

As requested, this post is to make some clarifications on whether to post in this section or in some different section.

H-Games Section
            Post here if you wish to create a thread that follows one of these criteria:
            • Posting a game with the intention of starting discussion about it
            • Metaposts about the section itself
            • Compilation or list threads intended to make navigation easier

Translation Section
            If you are writing a translation for a game, please make a separate thread in the Translation sub-section. Also, please keep as much discussion about translations separate from the actual game thread. We are doing this to avoid game threads being bumped with translation news, which, believe it or not, isn't actually what everybody wants to see when a thread gets bumped.

Unsorted Section
            This section is for miscellaneous discussions about hentai that don't pertain to any of the above. This includes:
            • News about hentai that isn't about games
            • Casual discussion about perversion
            Last edited by DarkFire1004; 20th January 2016, 22:30.

Comment

Re: Read Before Posting

I've noticed this happen more than a couple times now, so I just want to make a quick heads-up regarding posts making requests.

These are the posts that, within reason, can be made if you want to request something:
              • Reuploads of dead links
              • Translation requests (They MUST be posted in the translation sub-forum, either in the request thread, or, if there is already progress, in its own thread)
              • Savegames and missing files
              • Recommendations for other games (Make a thread in the Unsorted section. Don't make them here)

If your post doesn't fall within any of these categories, don't make them.

Comment

Working...
              X