What's new

ACT [ Unholy Production ] UnHolY SaNctuaRy

E

ecoISDP

Re: UnHolY SaNctuaRy

Can we not just say it's based on 'both' games? Seriously.
Because a fanboy must always defend his favorite franchise. Though I agree that arguing about the game elements is pointless. If more people find something familiar it's better, right ? Though I can see how it resembles castlevania more by being a 2d plat-former like castlevania.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

I say it's based on "Jurassic park", there's a dinosaur!!!:mad:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Blah blah blah ragnorok online blah blah blah castlevania

No one cares you you pedantic bastards

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

it's actually based on both games, IMO :D

priest=> could be RO, could be generic priestess

armor=> raydric and raydric archer

second boss=> red ferus

play style=> castlevania

zombie=> can be from anywhere

picture=> I think it's Dark Frame, because I can't recall any enemies like that in Portrait of Ruin

but is that really matter? all that matter is whether we enjoy it or not :D

Ory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can we not just say it's based on 'both' games? Seriously.
Not really. It's like saying Champions Online is based off of World of Warcraft (Which it clearly isnt) rather than City of Heroes/ Villains, or that half the 3rd person shooters coming out this year arent blatant rip-offs of Gears of War.

I did say the Succubus was from RO. And it was my mistake the Picture that grabbed you was from Rondo of Blood. It was a boss on the ship level. If it touched you once, it was an insta-kill (Bloody annoying.)

Sure, it can have some RO stuff, but that doesnt make it more RO than it is Castlevania. Or we can settle this whole thing and say it's based off of Nightmare Sphere (Which no one talks about anymore ;_; )

Blah blah blah ragnorok online blah blah blah castlevania

No one cares you you pedantic bastards

Last edited:
OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Officially it's Ragnarok, as the author uses the monster names from Ragnarok when he references the monsters, plus the game is submitted to a site that ranks Ragnarok based sites/games.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Wrong game.

I did say "I think" though :D

and I didn't play Rondo of Blood, so there's no way I would know there is monster like that in Castlevania before you give me the vid:eek:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Skeletons, zombies, bats and armors are all from Castlevania, I'd even go so far as to say that each these enemies has been in at least 90% of all Castlevania games, the chain attack animation looks exactly the same as the chain attack animation for Jonathan Morris in Portrait of Ruin

The heroine, dark frame, leech thingies etc are mostly sprites from RO

I find it fairly safe to argue its a mix of both games with a gratuitous amount of monster rape blended in, that last part being the most important, so lets talk some more about that shall we? ;)

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I find it fairly safe to argue its a mix of both games with a gratuitous amount of monster rape blended in, that last part being the most important, so lets talk some more about that shall we? ;)
Indeed, because disputing what parts are from which game isn't going to make it any better. And let's face it, the only thing most people care about is that this is a dang good game!

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

Indeed, because disputing what parts are from which game isn't going to make it any better.
Actually, not one comment posted here will make the game better. Nor will it make the game update earlier, or run smoother, or make your cereal taste better in the morning. This thread is for none of those things.

What this thread is for is discussion of the game, and surely discussion of the game's similarities to other games and speculation as to its origins qualifies.

dragoonistix

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

In 3 days, 6 hours and 25 seconds +/- 1 month, i sincerely hope this helps you.
this could reach -26 days 17 hours 335 seconds to 33 days 6 hours 25 seconds..