What's new

RPG [Shadowstar] Grrl Power!

Adra

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Grrl Power!

Grab this and slap it in the same folder as the game.exe.

Problem solved, enjoy.

Btw, this game would be awesome if it didn't keep looping stuff forcing me to restart it...
Like being stuck on a screen in the industrial district ? I had the same problem, you're fucked if you have no save, like when you're trying for the first time...

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

The game lags for me like crazy... Only seems to work alright when I'm in the girl's room. I tried going into the training area and I get stuck standing there, facing a girl in red armor... I taunted for a while and three or four more appeared and started hitting me, but the glitched one stayed there in front of me, I couldn't open my inventory or access the escape menu or anything...

Gonna try messing with some settings and then reinstalling RPG maker XP.

EDIT: Tinkered with a few things on my computer, no effect. Gonna install Game Booster 2 and try reinstalling RPG maker
EDIT2: No effect. The incredible lag I get on any large map is driving me bonkers, and of course getting stuck in places too.
I'm having the exact same problem, right down to the glitched training area. A fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

assmaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Following the Hongfire thread, Shadow2k said there should be a patch within a week and he's fixed most of the reported bugs.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Uhm... the hentai content is pretty easy...

Scene 1: Go west from the starting position and search the alleyway. Sometimes you'll get lucky and it'll only pop up on the first try; sometimes you'll have to search over and over to make it work. When someone tries to hit you over the head, choose any option but run away. Inside the rapist hideout, get the crap beaten out of you and get raped.

Scene 2: Buy the spacer perk or save up $15000 or cheat to get $15000. Go buy the Sparrow. Go into space, find a planet (Or do this around Earth); choose orbital operations, scan location. If you don't find anything when you scan, reposition yourself (either vertically or horizontally), and scan every time you do. Dock with the abandoned ship and board it. If you enter into the ship and it says "The radiation warning is blaring and the internal geiger counter is clicking", don't board that ship, even if there are pirates there - you get a game over instead of a sex scene. If you board any other ship and it says "...someone else is here", that means there are pirates. Board it, get beaten, be raped.

Scene 3: Go to the LAN party (west of starting position), get on the only empty computer to the left, and choose the first option five or six times. After that, choose Challenge player, wager your clothing at first. When you're fully naked, wager money; it's best to keep betting $100, but sometimes I've convinced the gamers to bet $200. After losing enough times (or once when you bet $200), the gamer you lost to will want to take something more than your honor, and will try to have sex with you. If you want to be sexed, don't choose to fight him off.
Please note, the above scene is broken, and the gamers will never stop.

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

Scene 1: Go west from the starting position and search the alleyway. Sometimes you'll get lucky and it'll only pop up on the first try; sometimes you'll have to search over and over to make it work. When someone tries to hit you over the head, choose any option but run away. Inside the rapist hideout, get the crap beaten out of you and get raped.
Or go to the south eastern shop (the one that sells special clothes and special items) and talk to a girl there to get info about the hideout.

Adra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Scene 2: Buy the spacer perk or save up $15000 or cheat to get $15000. Go buy the Sparrow. Go into space, find a planet (Or do this around Earth); choose orbital operations, scan location. If you don't find anything when you scan, reposition yourself (either vertically or horizontally), and scan every time you do. Dock with the abandoned ship and board it. If you enter into the ship and it says "The radiation warning is blaring and the internal geiger counter is clicking", don't board that ship, even if there are pirates there - you get a game over instead of a sex scene. If you board any other ship and it says "...someone else is here", that means there are pirates. Board it, get beaten, be raped.

Scene 3: Go to the LAN party (west of starting position), get on the only empty computer to the left, and choose the first option five or six times. After that, choose Challenge player, wager your clothing at first. When you're fully naked, wager money; it's best to keep betting $100, but sometimes I've convinced the gamers to bet $200. After losing enough times (or once when you bet $200), the gamer you lost to will want to take something more than your honor, and will try to have sex with you. If you want to be sexed, don't choose to fight him off.
Please note, the above scene is broken, and the gamers will never stop.
I would had that you can also get stuck when you're in the hideout as a slave, for two reasons.
The first is that sometimes, one of the rapist just make is scene happend in a loop that never finished (i just ran out of patience after something like... 15 minutes of button mashing).
The second is that fucking other slave bitch... She always get the right of your char, and can be sometimes blocking your way because she move a the same time... Just imagine it in a two tiles coridor, and you can't go on because she's always getting in front of you... Quite like Left 4 Dead's AI teammates...

gem1n1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So any word on fixes for the looped rape scene bug? I've had it happen both at the bandit hideout and the LAN party - seems like it only happens when the doggystyle animation is playing.

Otherwise a promising game, thanks for sharing

assmaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's a patch planned "soon." He's already fixed a lot of the problems, and knows how to fix others, he just needs to finish it up and upload it.

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Does anyone else have the screen go black after connecting to a powered down pirate ship and exiting the console?

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Does anyone else have the screen go black after connecting to a powered down pirate ship and exiting the console?
Yeah, I beat a pirate ship in a space battle, boarded and cleared the place out of loot, but then I couldnt shoot the pirates because they were stuck behind the walls, and when I tried to leave it just gave a black screen, and kept giving me the same pointless text menu.

On a related note, where can I get a space suit? I was looking around for one and not having much luck.

-Oberon

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

On a related note, where can I get a space suit? I was looking around for one and not having much luck.
You can buy one somewhere in the space station on Earth (not ISS), I think.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Damn... The doggy position is a infinite loop. Still, I always seem to get it, any way around it or am I just unlucky?

Adra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Damn... The doggy position is a infinite loop. Still, I always seem to get it, any way around it or am I just unlucky?
Seems it's not always an infinite loop. I had it 3 or 4 times with no problem... And then, on another try, it started to loop and never ended (i spent like 30 minutes in this loop before getting tired of it).

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Since no one mentioned it patch 1 is out. Get it on hes topic. Also there is a hotfix for an annoying clothing bug. Lurk the tread it is somewhere on the last 2 pages.

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Patch 2 is out (because patch 1 was buggy) and is listed on the OP.

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

By the way guys. During character generation (only during generation, not level up) if you walk two or three spaces above the exit you can access the debug room.

In case you guys are curious to check it out anyway. ^_~

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Save before entering. Because you cant get out of it. At least I could not.