What's new

RPG [Shadowstar] Grrl Power!

gem1n1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Grrl Power!

Just a heads up everybody - another patch for this one has come out recently. Check out the hongfire thread about it - the new patch is posted on the front page.

I'm personally glad to see that this game isn't a dead project - I really like the idea and direction.

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Does he have any plans to make the maps less...cluttered to increase performance? I like the idea behind the game as well, but its like im playing it in slow-motion

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Just a heads up everybody - another patch for this one has come out recently. Check out the hongfire thread about it - the new patch is posted on the front page.

I'm personally glad to see that this game isn't a dead project - I really like the idea and direction.
Oh nice, I'd dropped by the thread once in a while, but always seems to be a lot of ideas, but no new files. I'll definately check it out.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Does he have any plans to make the maps less...cluttered to increase performance? I like the idea behind the game as well, but its like im playing it in slow-motion
...Uhm, it's the amount of common events on the maps that make the game cluttered. To get any NPC to move, any sort of interaction, he needs to set up an event - which is the big reason why it runs so slow... So probably not going to happen.

The project isn't close to being dead, thankfully. This is the Alpha release - the Beta release (with aliens, different gangs, maybe even a school system and brand new mini games), will be released sometime in October.

Oh, he also re-did character creation, mostly your backgrounds and such.

OP
S

Six

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Actually he is more or less redoing the whole game which should fix performance issues and make combat allot more fun. But the downside is of course that it takes quite some time and he don't work on patching the first one. Last patch actually was made by a skilled fan.

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Argh, missing blahblah.dll error thingy. I hate this. Last I checked that was something to do with drivers or something? Will edit later with the exact message.

Lurker
Reputation score

Did you download just the patch? Cause the patch needs to be copied into the full game.

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

No, I grabbed parts 1-5 first, so unless I unzipped them wrong...

Dyna

Lurker
Reputation score

Had an DLL error aswell. Install the english RTP which is linked on his post aswell.

lacoka12

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

can somebody write a full walkthrough?

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Uhh...

[Rapist Hideout]
-Go to East of Town
-Walk down Alleyway
-Choose any option (If you have Sporty, chasing after him is kind of fun).
-Die or Debug so you die.
-Get raped, try to escape.

[Pirates]
-Use the debug to get 15k for the Sparrow.
-Buy it, launch into space.
-Go to another sector, or Venus/Mars.
-search around orbit for a bit.
-Pirate ship appears!
-Fight the pirate ship; win or lose, although winning makes it easier.
-Board their ship/be boarded
-Get raped, try to escape.

[LAN Party]
-Play a few games on an empty computer
-Get enough of a score to challenge other players (Except for Penguin guy).
-Bet your clothing and lose.
-Continue to bet clothing or money you can't win.
-Get raped, but with no scene.

.......Sorry that sounds sarcastic, but that's it for now.

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

anyone have an issue with the game not going full screen i have part of my screen still showing when i play, i think some of the words are cut off but not sure.

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score

awww damn i was hoping it got japanese voices but o well. ill still give this a shot

EDIT: ran into a bug where when u attempt to leave the neighbourhood and goin to the hideout or bac to town where the image of the neighbourhood is still on and blocking everything in view as if it was overlapping the game.

DAmmit i thought i could fix this by removing the Residential image in the pictures folder but got an error message.

Last edited:
OP
S

Six

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Grrl Power 2 Dev Alpha is out.
As with the first one there is allot missing and there is bound to be bugs but for those that can't wait another year this is an early xmas present.

Only a torrent this time around and the size is just about 1gb.
Guess someone might put it up on filehost at some point but it won't be me.

And just as with the first post and game you find it here,
)

Leau513

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Glad to see that the game's coming along. Merry Xmas to us!

Chomp Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Excellent, I've been waiting for this all year. I'm eager to see what he's done with it.

Kota

Reputation score

Please forgive me if I've done something stupid which has caused this. I'm new here.

Once I've got everything set up, chosen a background etc. There is that one option to take clothes and such down near the bottom right. If I click on it I can't get back out again. Pressing escape just gives me the option to shut the game down etc.

And also, once I do get the game started and I try to go somewhere in the car it gets stuck like that. I can choose to go places but it gets stuck on what I'm assuming to be the loading screen, with the picture of the city in the background.

Jackson16

Lurker
Reputation score

I think you have to select the missions at the computer. Then the places become available at the car.

Kota

Reputation score

Alright I can give that a go. But it's already got options to go downtown and to the headquaters. It just doesn't go anywhere when I press enter to go there.

*Edit for the third time* Never mind that. It works just fine now. Good game!

Last edited:

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

The only missions that work are ones involving Thugs and the office building right now. He doesn't have tilesets available for the other missions, or sprites for the other enemies... and no, no code for them, either. There's a tileset for the city, but none for Grrl Power HQ or anything.

Is anyone else annoyed that he's changed it to sound like your character is just a Loli with big breasts? I know he's said he wants to make it 'ambiguous, but she's definitely young'.. I really liked this game when I thought the character was a young woman, not a girl.