What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Swegabe] The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Legend of Queen Opala 2

Oh, I didn't need an explication on the whereabouts of Jake, I thought it was implied fairly well that he is no more, and one of the LOQO endings does imply that even with your 'victory' that foul things will be afoot (the good good ending, I think) and so yeah, I get it, Jake is dead, and we needed a new slightly different protag, but in the first game, you had varying degrees of personal poon reward if you so chose, Jake could marry Opala, bone Farah in his own house no less, get a househo, (good endings) or he could totally pull off a brilliant (I guess?) coup and manage to get himself not only Farah and Opala as slaves but Osira as well (and the househo.. maybe homeho is better? manorstitute? ).

As I said, the tone of the second game changed, and while I haven't beaten it yet I get the feeling from a few that the end game rewards don't seem to match the higher difficulty of the game, and I understand that there are varied reasons for this, one of which simply being that yes Kai is not the horndog Jake is, money, and all kinds of other meta and non meta reasons and further, I admit, it is kind of hard to top the harem you get at the end of game one, no matter how you slice it.
Jake isn't dead. He makes an appearance on New game Ultra XD. And the location of where he shows up kinda makes me feel that what I said before was right....chasing Nipha's tail.....figuratively of course.

While I would have liked having a Harem at the end of LoQo 2, it just wouldn't feel quite the same. The whole atmosphere of the party is different. In LoQo, ALL your party members where mercenaries. They didn't care what Jake did, as long as he paid them(Kinda weird when you think one of them is a priestess.) Where as on LoQo 2, they are Kai's friends, who joined him because their goals matched, or certain members had information that Kai needed...ie, Murdock. Something about a reformed bandit-turned hero having a harem just doesn't fit the bill. Jake was very obviously only out for himself, even from the beginning. Kai was thrown into this fight, when all he wanted to do was live a peaceful life. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I only know one "hermit" who would have wanted a harem....and that was Roshi from Dragon Ball Z...

And I have a little information to add on the party members. It seems that it is Lilith who keeps Esmerelda from joining right away. AND! If you go through and get Esmerelda, without going back and catching Lilith at your home, you loose her as a choice of party member(At least, I can't seem to get her to spawn now.)

This was added to Gabe's blog, in regards to LoQo 2 golden edition. Hopefully it will clear up some of the complaints about unfinished plot loops/greenfield being empty.

In terms of Golden Edition for LoQOII, I believe I'm getting close to the finish line.
Captain Durrow is wrapped up, Bal'Rana and Za'Nina are wrapped up, romance is wrapped up, Greenfield is wrapped up...and by God, even the missing women of Tel Ravida is now wrapped up as well!

Last edited:

Gaara29

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Jake isn't dead. He makes an appearance on New game Ultra XD. And the location of where he shows up kinda makes me feel that what I said before was right....chasing Nipha's tail.....figuratively of course.

While I would have liked having a Harem at the end of LoQo 2, it just wouldn't feel quite the same. The whole atmosphere of the party is different. In LoQo, ALL your party members where mercenaries. They didn't care what Jake did, as long as he paid them(Kinda weird when you think one of them is a priestess.) Where as on LoQo 2, they are Kai's friends, who joined him because their goals matched, or certain members had information that Kai needed...ie, Murdock. Something about a reformed bandit-turned hero having a harem just doesn't fit the bill. Jake was very obviously only out for himself, even from the beginning. Kai was thrown into this fight, when all he wanted to do was live a peaceful life. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I only know one "hermit" who would have wanted a harem....and that was Roshi from Dragon Ball Z...

And I have a little information to add on the party members. It seems that it is Lilith who keeps Esmerelda from joining right away. AND! If you go through and get Esmerelda, without going back and catching Lilith at your home, you loose her as a choice of party member(At least, I can't seem to get her to spawn now.)

That's actually another hole that I felt the second game had.

One of Gabe's reasons, beyond that it would be too much work to have path branching and different routes, was how party members would react.

In my opinion, the thing that causes that is Gabe's own addition of party members being involved in the story at all.

In the first game they WERE hired mercenaries pretty much. Every single one of them. But the second game shows where some of them are at present. Murdock, despite being as humorously loony as he is, is completely all for protecting people from the negative effects of shadow spikes. Dargon is healing people on Festival Island. Hell, Garth'D, who's an outright mercenary and introduces himself to Jake as such, is the leader of a resistance against tyranny.

The thing is, that creates a big damn hole on its own, where the party members who had no interest in anything beyond helping their employer are all suddenly in their own way out to do good. This hole could potentially be somewhat filled by the fact that the good ending of the first game is canon, and as such they have reasons to be good guys.

But there's gonna be a hole no matter what. Even if Gabe added an evil path and made it so that the party members stay with you, the hole would be the entire reason Gabe gave about some party members being unable to side with evil due to their alignments(such as Layla and possibly Zhu'Yen and Gin'Yen). The only way around it would be to do what Gabe said, have the ones that don't follow evil leave the party for good or some plot excuse to keep them in like ancient magic control or some shit.

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's actually another hole that I felt the second game had.

One of Gabe's reasons, beyond that it would be too much work to have path branching and different routes, was how party members would react.

In my opinion, the thing that causes that is Gabe's own addition of party members being involved in the story at all.

In the first game they WERE hired mercenaries pretty much. Every single one of them. But the second game shows where some of them are at present. Murdock, despite being as humorously loony as he is, is completely all for protecting people from the negative effects of shadow spikes. Dargon is healing people on Festival Island. Hell, Garth'D, who's an outright mercenary and introduces himself to Jake as such, is the leader of a resistance against tyranny.

The thing is, that creates a big damn hole on its own, where the party members who had no interest in anything beyond helping their employer are all suddenly in their own way out to do good. This hole could potentially be somewhat filled by the fact that the good ending of the first game is canon, and as such they have reasons to be good guys.

But there's gonna be a hole no matter what. Even if Gabe added an evil path and made it so that the party members stay with you, the hole would be the entire reason Gabe gave about some party members being unable to side with evil due to their alignments(such as Layla and possibly Zhu'Yen and Gin'Yen). The only way around it would be to do what Gabe said, have the ones that don't follow evil leave the party for good or some plot excuse to keep them in like ancient magic control or some shit.
I'll admit that the whole previous characters acting in LoQo 2 threw me off. I mean, why Dargon? Why not the nun, since that was her magic anyway, and Dargon was more battle magic, like Murdock...As for Gath'D, He could easily get inside of the castle at Thebes and shoot Seth and have it all done and over with. As for why he is so interested in helping Opala regain her throne, I guess we can chalk that up to whats happening between games. For all we know, he could have been given a place as a guard of thebes, or he was so attached to Jake's ambitions(In Good Canon) that when he found out Jake was gone, he just jumped in to fill his place....or....his bartenders....place.......

As for Murdock, Didn't he say to Jake that he needed the money for his experiments? In that case, he could potentially still be true to character, since he was serving Jake as a means to an ends.

Holes or not, I'm glad that only one of them were viable choices for the party in LoQo 2. I wouldn't want to have Saphira, the ice mage, running around in the desert of Shaberra(Though she might have been a nice addition on the other contenent.). Maybe what was really needed was certain party members who stayed full time, and the others only joining as temp members for certain events, like Grand Aideen being attacked would have been a prime time for Lydia to join temporarily. Milana being full time party member made sense. Murdock joining because of the shadow spikes, understandable, but after that, why is he still with them? SHADOW SPIKES DONE! Back to blowing shit up......

Personally, since there was a big relevance about the Neverus tribe, I would have liked Beledina being a recruit-able after you kick her ass, or Illiona's sister(Who was supposed to be a hunter anyway). I think the most pointless character joining of all was Esmerelda, since it was so late in the game, it didn't really do anything for you, and she joined at lvl 30...... Not sure about the rest of you, but I was already well past 60 when I got to Imperial City, and she is living there alone..........She out to be at least lvl 80. Maybe 75.

Gaara29

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'll admit that the whole previous characters acting in LoQo 2 threw me off. I mean, why Dargon? Why not the nun, since that was her magic anyway, and Dargon was more battle magic, like Murdock...As for Gath'D, He could easily get inside of the castle at Thebes and shoot Seth and have it all done and over with. As for why he is so interested in helping Opala regain her throne, I guess we can chalk that up to whats happening between games. For all we know, he could have been given a place as a guard of thebes, or he was so attached to Jake's ambitions(In Good Canon) that when he found out Jake was gone, he just jumped in to fill his place....or....his bartenders....place.......

As for Murdock, Didn't he say to Jake that he needed the money for his experiments? In that case, he could potentially still be true to character, since he was serving Jake as a means to an ends.

Holes or not, I'm glad that only one of them were viable choices for the party in LoQo 2. I wouldn't want to have Saphira, the ice mage, running around in the desert of Shaberra(Though she might have been a nice addition on the other contenent.). Maybe what was really needed was certain party members who stayed full time, and the others only joining as temp members for certain events, like Grand Aideen being attacked would have been a prime time for Lydia to join temporarily. Milana being full time party member made sense. Murdock joining because of the shadow spikes, understandable, but after that, why is he still with them? SHADOW SPIKES DONE! Back to blowing shit up......

Personally, since there was a big relevance about the Neverus tribe, I would have liked Beledina being a recruit-able after you kick her ass, or Illiona's sister(Who was supposed to be a hunter anyway). I think the most pointless character joining of all was Esmerelda, since it was so late in the game, it didn't really do anything for you, and she joined at lvl 30...... Not sure about the rest of you, but I was already well past 60 when I got to Imperial City, and she is living there alone..........She out to be at least lvl 80. Maybe 75.

In regards to Beladina, I would've loved something like making her your woman, her joining your party, something.

As much as I love the collectables, even if I only like some of the artists, I felt it was kind of retarded that the rewards for beating her were the standard illustration reward for beating each champion, access to Baysh's bedroom and a chest containing one of the Tales of Eight, which served no purpose(since to beat her I was heavily geared with Onyx stuff by that point)beyond yet another collectible, and(I think)another Daily Fap issue of her.

It just felt unrewarding for being one of the game's toughest fights.

And there's a reason for Murdock staying, he's just along for the ride. Though another favorite stereotype of mine IS crazy old mage guy, so yeah.

And...I'll say this outright and honestly, I have no idea what the entire point of Esmerelda was. It was almost like trying to talk to Rin from Katawa Shoujo to me, but not even nearly as awesome/well made and heartwarming/breaking as Rin was, if that comparison makes any sense at all.

hellclock5243

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The people of this board of been very helpful in the past, and I'm hoping they can help me out again. I was ignorantly playing with SGedit's "switch" tab and somehow changed my main characters sprite form, but more importantly, seem to have lost the ability to see blue chests in the world. If anyone could help me fix those two things I would be very grateful, as I'm trying to complete my illustration collection. Thanks!

cledion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

can we get golden old coin in same chest & same location in new game + ?
i need 1 more coin but i don't have idea where to obtain the last coin

tyyuy654

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

here is my save (97%):

just 1 ancient page is missing.

Hope you will enjoy it.

ps: if someone find the location of the last ancient page let me know it please :)
andor, nice save thanks for sharing. Your missing ancient page is on the League of Perverts Island. It is just to right of the entrance of the League Building by the crow's nest. That only brings you to 98% though. Good luck figuring out the rest.

Gaara29

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The people of this board of been very helpful in the past, and I'm hoping they can help me out again. I was ignorantly playing with SGedit's "switch" tab and somehow changed my main characters sprite form, but more importantly, seem to have lost the ability to see blue chests in the world. If anyone could help me fix those two things I would be very grateful, as I'm trying to complete my illustration collection. Thanks!
I have NO idea, to be honest. The most I ever used SGEdit for, in either of the two games, was to boost the MC's stats and use it without the proper .ini file to hack loads of crazy and overpowered skills into him. I've never messed with the sprite or anything like that. Do you have a save before that one that's only slightly older?

can we get golden old coin in same chest & same location in new game + ?
i need 1 more coin but i don't have idea where to obtain the last coin
As with everything but stuff concerning the main storymode plot, the chests don't reset on new games. Your best bet is to do the training/pimping game in Gnoll's Trade, get enough points, and use that for a one time purchase of twenty gold coins. Worked for me, I have almost every chest opened at the moment.

andor, nice save thanks for sharing. Your missing ancient page is on the League of Perverts Island. It is just to right of the entrance of the League Building by the crow's nest. That only brings you to 98% though. Good luck figuring out the rest.
From what I know from Gabe's HF and blogspot, that missing 2% is a bug apparently, she has no idea where she misplaced it, and her solution was to add the final 2% to the content added by the eventual Golden Edition.

Last edited:

hellclock5243

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the reply Gaara29, but my last save was before I started NG+, and is approximately 8 hours of play behind my current save. It may be my best bet however. Better than starting from scratch I suppose :)

andor

Reputation score

Thank you ;)

Gaara29

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks for the reply Gaara29, but my last save was before I started NG+, and is approximately 8 hours of play behind my current save. It may be my best bet however. Better than starting from scratch I suppose :)
It probably would be. Just for good measure, I'd try to see if there's any websites that provide comprehensive information on SGEdit, but there's also a possibility that whatever's been done can't be undone.

So yeah, it might be your best bet. If you're afraid of losing progress, you can always use the basics of SGedit to try to get your party back to where it is(just edit Kai's stats accordingly and give yourself vials of grand experience for the rest of the party members, or just do that for all of them)now so you don't have to go through the trouble all over again.

Also, just to be on the safe side if you attempt that or anything else with SGEdit, keep a quick temporary backup of your saves when you use it to be absolutely certain in case something weird happens.

No worries. Any idea how to return the women of Tel Ravidia home. Or is that Gold Edition stuff.
Golden Edition, if at all. The quest itself is done once you reach the breeding cave you find the barbarian in. The only real purpose the breeding grounds serve right now is ancient pages(mostly of An'Terra enemies)and chests.

tyyuy654

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Golden Edition, if at all. The quest itself is done once you reach the breeding cave you find the barbarian in. The only real purpose the breeding grounds serve right now is ancient pages(mostly of An'Terra enemies)and chests.[/QUOTE]

I see thanks for the help.

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, Gabe said she added a ending for the lost women in gold addition(And that its already done at her current work). She also added more to Greenfield land and brought some more to Bal'Rana and her daughter Za'Nina.

Gaara29

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, Gabe said she added a ending for the lost women in gold addition(And that its already done at her current work). She also added more to Greenfield land and brought some more to Bal'Rana and her daughter Za'Nina.
Already done? Dang, she worked fast. A while ago she made it out to be something that she'd get done over time while working on the third game.

StarkeBlade

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks you much Andor! I appreciate the share...

Will be interesting to see how things change in the gold edition in response to various feedback. (whenever that comes out)

cledion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As with everything but stuff concerning the main storymode plot, the chests don't reset on new games. Your best bet is to do the training/pimping game in Gnoll's Trade, get enough points, and use that for a one time purchase of twenty gold coins. Worked for me, I have almost every chest opened at the moment.
still didn't work because my all egyptian girls already max rank and i already buy 20 gold coin before i play new game +
anyway how to recruit wolfgang for join my party, i finish his quest but i stiil can't recruit him? anyone can help??

Gaara29

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

still didn't work because my all egyptian girls already max rank and i already buy 20 gold coin before i play new game +
anyway how to recruit wolfgang for join my party, i finish his quest but i stiil can't recruit him? anyone can help??
That's weird. I think I have maybe three chests left to open. Strange. Try using SGEdit if there's just one left that you need then, I guess.

And I'm not sure about Wolfgang...I heard he is only recruitable in an NG+ and onward, but otherwise, I dunno. Did you do all the quests related to the League of Perverts, including The Other Side? Siding with Mistress or Date?

flamehead23a

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

has anyone made a unified walkthrough for this game? I'd rather not sort through 100+ pages of forum for answers to gameplay questions.

cledion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's weird. I think I have maybe three chests left to open. Strange. Try using SGEdit if there's just one left that you need then, I guess.

And I'm not sure about Wolfgang...I heard he is only recruitable in an NG+ and onward, but otherwise, I dunno. Did you do all the quests related to the League of Perverts, including The Other Side? Siding with Mistress or Date?
yes, i do
include The Other Side quest and King or Queen Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.