What's new

Artificial Girl 4 Announced

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Artificial Girl 4 Announced

It's gonna be a while before they'll translate it to English and before necessary mods come out.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

It's gonna be a while before they'll translate it to English and before necessary mods come out.
True, but hopefully and possibly not too long a while. These people work quite quickly. They've already started on translating/moding even the mere trial after all. With 25 voices now though, they'll certainly have their work cut out on the translation side of things. Implementing a subtitle mod like last time is a little harder to predict their potential success at, but presuming things aren't too different to the general structure of previous Illusion titles, I'm confident they'll have one working before long.

Lots of speculation on the nature of the dialogue this time round though. I'm expecting (based on nothing really) to see a bit more interactive/consequential dialogue this time round. Will have to wait and see I guess.

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

I wonder how fast they'll crack this game though.
Probably after they installed it, 5min later there's a torrent up on hongfire or something.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What exactly can you do in this demo?

Is it just character creation?

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What did you expect from 100MB? Do you have any idea how big usually an illusion game is? 5 maybe 8GB!!! That big. A demo what has some game play would also be like 1GB if not more. And to make a demo that big is waste of time.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What did you expect from 100MB? Do you have any idea how big usually an illusion game is? 5 maybe 8GB!!! That big. A demo what has some game play would also be like 1GB if not more. And to make a demo that big is waste of time.
So that means yes?
I didn't look at the file size, I just wanted to know what the demo consisted of.

OP
GargantuaBlarg

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Screenshots! Check the three tabs on the right.

Apparently you can talk to people via a bigass selection of buttons. The guys appear to beat the shit out of each other occasionally.

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

Did they ban foreign ips from that site?

I get the "Forbidden blablabla" thing trying to look at the ss :(

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Did they ban foreign ips from that site?

I get the "Forbidden blablabla" thing trying to look at the ss :(
Doesn't seem to have blocked non-Jap IP's, I can view the page just fine.

OP
GargantuaBlarg

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

According to the Futa Palace thread, the release has also been pushed back to June 10th.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

According to the Futa Palace thread, the release has also been pushed back to June 10th.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU-

That's the same day that Duke Nukem Forever comes out. Oh well, it's still got to be translated into English so I guess it's not that bad.

OP
GargantuaBlarg

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Illusion's got a teaser video up of the "gameplay". Only twenty-two seconds long, it's up on the website, or ripped by Hongfire here:

warlock

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nice game. Waiting for English version to come out 'cause my windows7 x64 doesn't support japanese language.

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

Strange, because my windows 7 x64 support japanese language...

warlock

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Strange, because my windows 7 x64 support japanese language...
I tried to install Japanese language pack from windows update, even using the applocale, but my OS still doesn't read Japanese language. Maybe because my Windows 7 is gamer edition, not full windows 7.

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

My newer desktop came with that crappy family edition (too lazy to install something else), and I may be wrong, but I don't remember having to install anything particular.

Heartbrake

Reputation score

I got the demo with everything in jap... wow!
LOL
i dont knows jacks it says and i cant start the game at all, like, where the hell is the save button on that menu and how to i start it? how many girls/guys i have to make to start?!

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Well... First off, this game is made by a Japanese company, so it would stand to reason that it'd be in Japanese. Secondly, since it's a demo, the save function is disabled (though there's a mod on Hongfire to enable saving). And finally, the character creator is the whole demo. I don't know where you found the demo, but if you got it from Hongfire, you would have known it was just the character creator.

To address your problem of being unable to read anything in the game, I'd suggest you either learn Japanese, this is the simplist method and has a great many of secondary benefits as well, or learn English, search around this forum and Hongfire for some help, and proceed from there. I know there's a picture on Hongfire (maybe on here too, I don't remember), of the menues all translated. Shouldn't take someone with half a brain long to find.

Edit: Oh look, less than a minute of searching and I've found the image I was talking about just one page back. Considering this is a two page thread, that makes finding it even simpler!

Heartbrake

Reputation score

To address your problem of being unable to read anything in the game, I'd suggest you either learn Japanese, this is the simplist method and has a great many of secondary benefits as well, or learn English, search around this forum and Hongfire for some help, and proceed from there. I know there's a picture on Hongfire (maybe on here too, I don't remember), of the menues all translated. Shouldn't take someone with half a brain long to find.
Sarcasm much dear?
=P

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Just a little. And don't call me 'dear'.