What's new

RPG [Alice Soft] Rance Quest

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Rance Quest

the biggest question would be "do i play it unstranslated?"

since rance is a franchise that i really like the plot of...

even if it is about rance fucking every girl (for the greater good at least??)

ichigo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

managed to find a torrent for it on nyaa site does not seem to have the expansion from the looks of it ill know for sure once it finishes ill keep looking for a link for the expansion in the meantime just in case.

edit:1 think i found a torrent for rance quest with the expansion i am downloading it now to be sure on this site but you have to make an account to download it from there.

edit:2 if the link is legit ill upload it after testing to mega for you guys will edit post again after testing may be awhile though.

edit:3 seems to work from what i tested so far will upload it to mega for ya guys now the second link i posted has rance quest the expansion the patches even has the partial translation included in it may take awhile due to the size will edit this post again once i have uploaded it.

edit:4 mega link here contains rance quest the expansion and the patches plus the partial you will need a program like DAEMON Tools Lite to mount the iso and the mds file.

Last edited:

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

the biggest question would be "do i play it unstranslated?"

since rance is a franchise that i really like the plot of...

even if it is about rance fucking every girl (for the greater good at least??)
If I recall correctly, they are working on translating it, but they have been working on it for a LONG time, and are still not particulary close to finishing. Here is the last post about it -

19%. They were at 10% around 5-6 months ago.

LikeADragon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It says it would take around 4 years to be completed unless the other or more translators join in on the project and I'm just hoping more people will join them to help translating.

Sir Bubbles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is this the very first one?
Well, i can't see Sil (his slave) anywhere on the screen...
Anyway I'll download it, thanks for sharing Rin :)
Thats because Sil got trapped into ice on Sengoku Rance. The game probably takes place after Sengoku because Uesugi and Suzume are in there, but Sil isn't.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How dareth you spoil an 8 year old game! :eek:

On a serious note, i usually keep checking Fuwanovel for my updates on games. Rance Quest has made a bit of progress in the past 2-3 months alone.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok, i'm finally playing this now, for some reason the machine translation only seems to apply to the opening, but whatever.

how do you rest/tent/whatever to recover your moves? I seem to have completely ran out of normal attack and I can't get it back.

edit: I guess you can't.

Also, trying to create a custom character, but theres nothing to click.

I have a text box to enter a name or something in it, but aside from typing in the box, nothing is clickable.
enter and rightclick just give me a message with an "ok" prompt, and don't seem to change anything.

how exactly do I create a character?

Last edited:

Keyen

Reputation score

Bumping of both thread since Mangagamer announced the official english release this winter for Sengoku Rance and Rance Quest.

Hype!

Lot of Alicesoft releases this year :)

setsura

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Bumping of both thread since Mangagamer announced the official english release this winter for Sengoku Rance and Rance Quest.

Hype!

Lot of Alicesoft releases this year :)
okay this gonna very interesting because i waiting so long for full translate Rance 8 !

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So after waiting for almost 6 years we're gonna get a full translation of Rance Quest? This is some hype as hell news. I remember playing the demo translation by Tulip Goddess maria and it translating like 1% of the game. This is gonna be good. I hope they tackle Rance 9 after finishing 8

Keyen

Reputation score

Looks like it anyway. We got 5 & 6 last year, 7 & 8 this year, so we can reasonnably expect rance 9 next year. Or the remake of the 1st one.

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

good news we get 8 translated!
7 we already have, fan made translation, but now we get it uncensored as well right?

nuclearbomb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes that will include uncensored pictures. It will also have some changes to how things are translated, like for example in the fan translation Japan is just spelled Japan but will in the MG version be translated as Nippon instead, as it is a joke of some kind. That's all I know so far.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yes that will include uncensored pictures. It will also have some changes to how things are translated, like for example in the fan translation Japan is just spelled Japan but will in the MG version be translated as Nippon instead, as it is a joke of some kind. That's all I know so far.
Hii Just want to ask I'm using VNR to launch this But the translation bar won't show up on the game it has the side buttons but that's it Can you please help me make it appear?

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Isn't it about time we create some cheat tables for this game?

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Go ahead.
I did but can't find the static address for the encounter rate tho can anyone help? It gives me 0 results on pointerscan and I'm no expert at cheat engine hahaha could anyone make a encounter cheat and a magnum gauge cheat for this?

Cortharn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I apologize for bumping a very old thread, but I randomly stumbled upon an update.
Unless I'm mistaken, Rance Quest and the Magnum expansion are both fully translated and will be available on the 25th.

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
and one helllll of a long time coming at that, if it wasn't for mangagamer the entire franchise would have been 100% translated years ago

Odd-Eye

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
and one helllll of a long time coming at that, if it wasn't for mangagamer the entire franchise would have been 100% translated years ago
Or not at all. Rance Quest came out in 2011, with Magnum in 2012. Mangagamer only announced the licensing of AliceSoft games in 2015, with the first Rance game (5D+VI) being released late 2016.
Back then, it had taken 3 years to translate Sengoku Rance and from the progress, it looked like Rance Quest would take even longer.

I mean, I'm not defending every single one of Mangagamer's decision, but at least we have a somewhat consistent release calendar with one Alicesoft title every year.