What's new

ACT [allie-adventures] Another Dimension [Heavy Ryona Game]

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Another Dimension Heavy Ryona Game

How do you put the codes in and where?
Well.
Edit: His save files are pretty ghetto. It's just a notepad file labelled "save" (Without quotes of course) with "r_C04_monster_rat" (Without quotes again) written in it. Try making a file like that. See if it works for yah. Otherwise I'll upload mine.
The answer was even on the same page, that's just being lazy there, reaper. Just replace the "r_C04_monster_rat" text with the password of your choosing.

What are humiliators? Is that the same room I was talking about?
I know I'm responding to this late as hell, but to clarify, the Humiliators are the floating green blob things that you called ghosts.

also.

What's new:

Added ugly kind of loading screen.
Bug fix: game will not freeze at low-end computers now.
Very minor update was released a while back, no sample pics of the egg-laying that's to be added next have been posted yet so far.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

This was meant to be feedback sent directly to Aologos blog, but it turned out to be too long for blog standards. Therefore I have decided to post it here, so that you guys could elaborate. Note that there are many spoiles in the text below.

Hi,

The last revision I chacked before this one was 0.2 and I see a lot has changed, mostly for the better. Allow me to share some feedback.

There are a lot of changes that are generally for the better. Sprite animation is still very good, especially for main heroine. Actually the good animation of heroine make the simplistic background look a bit awkward, but lets assume this is the feature of the fourth dimension (though the intro BG and lighting bolt effect are very simple as well). I see two CGs added and they are both very appealing.

A couple of new enemies have been added and I must say that you introduced many interesting mechanics in the game. I like the accelerating/decelerating nature of Humiliator the most out of them. Same goes for level design – many traps are placed in smart positions and I found myself often falling into an acid pit just to slap my face with ‘I have seen that pit before…’.

The levels, especially at the beginning, are much easier now, than they were before. I prefer games that are more difficult, but I guess that is fine for the general public. You are very unlikely to die even once before the first robot level. At that point difficulty level begins to ramp up to a more challenging level. The only level that was truly frustrating was the spider level. Clearly since this is an end-of-stage level it is supposed to be difficult. However in 0.2 where levels were very difficult, when you died it was always due to miscalculation or lack of good control. In spider level however you just randomly die to a projectile that was shot by an enemy that is out of your sight and you can do nothing to avoid it. It just felt like I had to repeat the level until I got a lucky combination of spiders in final room (unless I missed something here). Also I am not sure about the degree four equation in this level. Maybe I have finished school too far ago, but I don’t know how to properly solve it. Unlike previous math problems it seems extremely hard to solve this without taking notes on a piece of paper. The way it is positioned in the level and the small number of possible answers will likely cause players to solve this by trial and error rather than actual math problem solving. I think the old calculus question would fit here much better.

Let me now cover three semi-issues before one major change I particularly dislike.

First of all it seems pointless to reload all sprites after death on a given level. Sprites should be loaded once and if you die you shouldn’t have to wait for them to load again.

Secondly, apparently you intend the game to be enjoyed in an erotic way. In that case some of the animations are too short. Especially the humiliator animation is over way too fast.

Thirdly – the way she lost her skirt is sort of lame and doesn’t seem convincing from physical point of view.

Finally, the major change since 0.2 is in narration and I liked the previous revision much more in that regard. Let me elaborate. In 0.2 the whereabouts of Allie were unclear since the beginning. She woke up in an awkward place without a recollection of how she ended there. She might have been kidnapped by a quite mundane psychopath, she might be asleep, abducted by aliens or trapped in different reality. Virtually everything was possible and Allie was very lost because of that. Right now since the very beginning we know she was struck by a lighting and we know the nature of the place she is in. As I have mentioned before you can reach the first encounter with the smoke entity very fast and you get an exact description of the features of the fourth dimension there. I don’t know how many plot twists you have planned for further stages but in current iteration I find the way story unfolds way less interesting than in 0.2. Unless you have so many events to happen later on that the answer to the question ‘where am I’ must be apparent from the very beginning you could consider delaying the moment when the explanation is given. Perhaps Allie could not recall the lightning bolt and remember about it only later on? Perhaps also smoke entity could give the description of fourth dimension when you reach it for the second time?

The second change in the storyline is the attitude of the heroine herself. In 0.2 she would cry all the time for God/Mommy/Somebody to help her. She was utterly shocked by the horrors surrounding her and that made her feel very realistic. You could tell how terrified she was. Right now she became more of the classical heroine style, thus loosing her appeal. When she meets the girl in the cage she tries to calm her down and promises to save her. Old Allie, I imagine, would run away thinking that this can’t be really happening. New Allie also gets a grip of herself very fast. Instead of her previous despaired calls she quickly states that she needs to focus to get out of this place. She is much more rational and no longer as vulnerable as she used to be.

The game is heading in a good direction and I am looking forward to next updates. Good luck with your work !

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, sample screenie of the egg-laying monster has been put on the , with the next update possibly scheduled to be released today or tomorrow according to comments.

Though the monster reminds me of a friendly....friend from Half-life 2. I'm pretty sure no one saw this thing coming when we went with Egg-laying.

God damn Barnacles. Even if they were easy to kill, just staring them always kind of bothered me for some reason, especially when I get caught by them with no bullets. THOSE WERE SOME FUN TIMES.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Though the monster reminds me of a friendly....friend from Half-life 2. I'm pretty sure no one saw this thing coming when we went with Egg-laying.
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the picture first before the text. It would be cool to see how the devs twist the barnacle into an egg laying monster. Since in HL2 it just went *slurp slurp nom nom*

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the picture first before the text. It would be cool to see how the devs twist the barnacle into an egg laying monster. Since in HL2 it just went *slurp slurp nom nom*
Seems pretty obvious to me. It pulls you up by your leg upside down and goes... *slurp slurp plop plop*

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The next update is out.

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And here's the code for the Grappler..

r_C05_grappler

Heh, he made the spiders easier but now there's grapplers and rats. I got past one grappler but the second rat is a biatch..

Valka

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And here's the code for those who still hate the spider for what ever reason it might be.

r_C03_undress

But you really should try to complete the spider stage on your own. Since games are supposed to be harder the farther you go you wouldn't want to rely on codes for all the remaining chapter ^^

Why I am giving the code then? For the laugh of that stage ^o^, if anyone want to review it without the 'lowered' trouble of the previous stage.

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

But you really should try to complete the spider stage on your own. Since games are supposed to be harder the farther you go you wouldn't want to rely on codes for all the remaining chapter ^^
That much is true but if a game is too challenging, it risks annoying the player rather than entertaining the player. The only thing I'd change about this game is if I could is that I'd make it possible for the character to break free from the monsters. If the right buttons are pushed fast enough.

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This game officially has most of my interest. With a bit still going towards HOTB and FF updates. A small amount also spared for Dusty's mansion. Personal picks for most promising games.

Rhino_111

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Still looking for the code for the spiders if anyone has it. Thanks a bunch!

Acores

Demon Girl
Reputation score

r_C02_spider there ya go

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

Spiders aren't so bad if you watch them. Staying still and analysing them is more dangerous then going for it and paying attention to what threats you can see in advance. You only need a small amount of luck then.

A little disappointed in the egglayer, seems like you'd want the laying to be more... traumatic if you want a horror atmosphere. Draw it out, have her scream as the first one goes in, pause and have her scream "no!! not another one!" as the second crawls its way up. Her hands are free, have her try but fail to choke off the third from coming in.

Then have it ejaculate "fertilizer" into her womb and have her cry about how it burns. More evil, more more more!

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Kinda funny yet sad, the only "scary" part of this game I've seen so far was the horror like face of the girl in the tube. Not that I freaked out but it startled me as I didnt expect...that lol.

The egg layer is kind of a pain just in it being no real pattern to them. It could be attack, 2 sec pause, attack, repeat then out of no where attack 3 times in a row. How I beat the stage is beyond me.:eek:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Kinda funny yet sad, the only "scary" part of this game I've seen so far was the horror like face of the girl in the tube.
Yeah, same here. Freaked me out when I saw it. Actually, both her and the main character's horror faces are kinda creepy. Nonetheless, the game's still pretty good. Also, with the egglayers, I passed them by going immediately after they launch their tongue. Worked for me.

Rhino_111

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

r_C02_spider there ya go
Awesome, thank you. I could have sworn I tried that already based on how his levels have worked out. Thanks again!

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Man...so much of this is so frustrating lol...brings me back to the old NES platformer days of games like Ninja Gaiden and Batman. Anywho...animations are very nice but kind of shortened and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if there were some sort of zoom function when she gets caught. Even as nice as the animations are, it's still a pretty small character.

tycho0042

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Man...so much of this is so frustrating lol...brings me back to the old NES platformer days of games like Ninja Gaiden and Batman. Anywho...animations are very nice but kind of shortened and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if there were some sort of zoom function when she gets caught. Even as nice as the animations are, it's still a pretty small character.
I thought I read on his blog that if you cleared chapter 2 you unlocked a zoom function. Perhaps that wasn't implemented yet?

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well it seems the next update will be pretty nice sized.

I'm still preparing next update. It will be huge. Lot of features, at least two deaths of Allie, and some of other girls, teaser, new CG and so on.
As for the Zoom, I think I heard he was saving that till after Chapter 2. If he means zoom will be only for chapter 3-5 or if he plans to add it in after Chapter 2 is finished, not sure though I would bet on the 2nd.

OP
A

Aologos

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The game is updated to 0.9, and the blog is moved to