What's new

ACT [ Z-Fied ] Resident Evil Progeny

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Resident Evil Progeny

I remember I had a crash while saving it. Is there still crashes being worked out?

jackson2000

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There's an update on Zfied's blog. Be sure to check it out. He said that he is very close in releasing an update.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The new sprites are very interesting, I'm not exactly sure but I'm guessing he's using the brush tool and then using the pencil eraser to remove the blurriness on the outside. It's not really pixel art anymore i guess, but it does give a different vibe to style as opposed to the style I make sprites as well as other people.

Last edited:

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Huh. Those sprites look pretty cool. Hm. If FAPCOM can keep it up, maybe he'll prove me wrong! Here's hopin he does.

DearSfan31

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There's an update on Zfied's blog. Be sure to check it out. He said that he is very close in releasing an update.
From what I read he says it'll b close to two weeks till it's ready. We wait with baited breath

TheJester2009

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just letting ya'll know, this updated.

dkbdn365

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is the update meant to be this simple? Starting the game only shows 2 zombies and nowhere to walk except off a cliff. Seems a bit backwards compared to the last update. While I don't want to complain about a good free game being made by this guy, almost 6 months of progress amounting to 2 new sprites for Rebecca and the zombies is a bit disheartening.

TheJester2009

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

According to the blog, I think the only truly done mode is mercenaries. I think.

Z-Fied

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, just realised I haven't checked back on here in ages, in fact, I've been away from my computer a fair amount (as probably guessed).

Is the update meant to be this simple? Starting the game only shows 2 zombies and nowhere to walk except off a cliff. Seems a bit backwards compared to the last update. While I don't want to complain about a good free game being made by this guy, almost 6 months of progress amounting to 2 new sprites for Rebecca and the zombies is a bit disheartening.
To answer this, you first need to realise there's more than "2 new sprites".

In fact, there's a LOT of new sprites. In fact, here's a list!

Rebecca:

Rebecca Standing (7 Clothing Damage stages)
Rebecca Crouching (2 Clothing Damage stages)
Rebecca Aiming (2 Clothing Damage stages)
Rebecca Aiming + Crouching (2 Clothing Damage stages)
Rebecca Running (2 Clothing Damage stages)

Add onto this the fact they're all animated (and FAPCOM redrew each frame), and then also the fact that you need to times those by 2 (for the weapons) and that's already about 200+ frames.

Zombie:

Zombie Standing
Zombie Walking
Zombie Lunging
Zombie Stunned (the zombie "hit" animation)
Zombie Falling
Zombie Dead

Grapples:

Biting Grapple
Clothing Stage 5 damage Grapple (The "tearing her shirt" one)
Sex -> Standing Frontal (Resist, Insert, Sex Pt. 1, Sex Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 1, Climax Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 3)
Sex -> Crouching Frontal (Resist, Insert, Sex Pt. 1, Sex Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 1, Climax Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 3, Climax Pt. 4)
Sex -> Crouching Behind (Resist, Insert, Sex Pt. 1, Sex Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 1, Climax Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 3, Climax Pt. 4)
Sex -> Threesome (Sex Pt. 1, Sex Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 1, Climax Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 3, Climax Pt. 4)

Now we're onto a ridiculous amount of frames.

I'm sorry if you're disappointed, but we've put a lot more work in than it shows. There's been many bugs on my end, and the current "I use up a Gig of RAM" problem is driving me nuts at the moment.

Look forward to releasing more updates,
Z

P.S. The main part of this update is "The Mercenaries", which you buy in the extras menu, you earn points on, and you can buy the cheats and stuff. The cheats & stuff you buy now won't carry over into newer versions, but it's cool to show you what you'll be getting.

AshPrince

Lurker
Reputation score

The problem with this update is that you can't play the new content without a save file (If I'm reading things right that's my understanding, that you need a save file for "the Mercenaries" section of the game.

I don't keep save files, I hardly keep games for this long, periodically I go through and shift-delete folders that I haven't gotten into in a month or two, so unless there's some secret button press I missed to magic me up to the Mercenary content, I will simply ask.

Anyone got a save?

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The problem with this update is that you can't play the new content without a save file (If I'm reading things right that's my understanding, that you need a save file for "the Mercenaries" section of the game.

I don't keep save files, I hardly keep games for this long, periodically I go through and shift-delete folders that I haven't gotten into in a month or two, so unless there's some secret button press I missed to magic me up to the Mercenary content, I will simply ask.

Anyone got a save?
'fraid you are reading it wrong, you can buy mercenaries right from the start

blackraven1425

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This is turning out incredible. I'm really liking where this is going, and the large sprites make it look awesome.

Also, it seems that there's a bug in mercenaries where you can't reenter if you've already played and lost.

EDIT: A nice touch would be if the brink-of-death animations would be randomly picked instead of always the same one.

Last edited:

dkbdn365

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, just realised I haven't checked back on here in ages, in fact, I've been away from my computer a fair amount (as probably guessed).

To answer this, you first need to realise there's more than "2 new sprites".

In fact, there's a LOT of new sprites. In fact, here's a list!

Rebecca:

Rebecca Standing (7 Clothing Damage stages)
Rebecca Crouching (2 Clothing Damage stages)
Rebecca Aiming (2 Clothing Damage stages)
Rebecca Aiming + Crouching (2 Clothing Damage stages)
Rebecca Running (2 Clothing Damage stages)

Add onto this the fact they're all animated (and FAPCOM redrew each frame), and then also the fact that you need to times those by 2 (for the weapons) and that's already about 200+ frames.

Zombie:

Zombie Standing
Zombie Walking
Zombie Lunging
Zombie Stunned (the zombie "hit" animation)
Zombie Falling
Zombie Dead

Grapples:

Biting Grapple
Clothing Stage 5 damage Grapple (The "tearing her shirt" one)
Sex -> Standing Frontal (Resist, Insert, Sex Pt. 1, Sex Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 1, Climax Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 3)
Sex -> Crouching Frontal (Resist, Insert, Sex Pt. 1, Sex Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 1, Climax Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 3, Climax Pt. 4)
Sex -> Crouching Behind (Resist, Insert, Sex Pt. 1, Sex Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 1, Climax Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 3, Climax Pt. 4)
Sex -> Threesome (Sex Pt. 1, Sex Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 1, Climax Pt. 2, Climax Pt. 3, Climax Pt. 4)

Now we're onto a ridiculous amount of frames.

I'm sorry if you're disappointed, but we've put a lot more work in than it shows. There's been many bugs on my end, and the current "I use up a Gig of RAM" problem is driving me nuts at the moment.

Look forward to releasing more updates,
Z

P.S. The main part of this update is "The Mercenaries", which you buy in the extras menu, you earn points on, and you can buy the cheats and stuff. The cheats & stuff you buy now won't carry over into newer versions, but it's cool to show you what you'll be getting.
Very true. Forgot to realize all the effort being put into this. I didn't mean to sound like a self-entitled child, I hope I was more eloquent when talking. Either way, seeing the sprite progress is something good to look forward to.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's no knife anymore? I thought that was a pretty big feature but unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't find it. There are also no controls shown in game in the options menu, which I think should be changed.

Overall right now the Merc mode play is shoot zombies, run out of ammo, hope a zombie dropped a clip of 7 somewhere and try to find it in the mess of bodies blocking it, shoot a few more zombies, stand around and wait for the timer to end. So make item drops show in front of the fallen zombies so I can actually find them please? Because of ammunition being the only way I can currently kill things, I'm not getting points very fast (50 every time). There's also the problem of enemies spawning outside areas you're allowed to move to, so if they drop something you can't pick them up, pretty annoying.

Next is no showing how much things cost in the Extras shop, which I assume will be fixed in later updates, because that's just weird :p I still haven't tested all the grapple animations because I was actually playing to get some points in hope of finding a way to get the knife. Are any of the cheats or anything even released yet? Seeing "You don't have enough money yet" over and over is sad.

Oh and yeah, game started eating up more memory than I can even use in Firefox or full on 3d mmo games. What was up with that? Memory leak somewhere?
I had a glitch happen with the game when it got pretty high where the camera didn't focus on Rebecca, I hit C and exited and it froze at certain points, bad enough to make it unplayable, audio was still working fine and all. Actually it's happening on any 2nd run through now so I have to restart it after my first playthrough.

Animation wise: The standing frontal one is really good, by far my favorite, behind one is pretty good. The start to the crouching frontal one looks a bit awkward to me but it's better once the sex actually starts.

Last edited:

War1926

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can somebody post the game with update and the save file for mercenaries?

blackraven1425

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh and yeah, game started eating up more memory than I can even use in Firefox or full on 3d mmo games. What was up with that? Memory leak somewhere?
I had a glitch happen with the game when it got pretty high where the camera didn't focus on Rebecca, I hit C and exited and it froze at certain points, bad enough to make it unplayable, audio was still working fine and all. Actually it's happening on any 2nd run through now so I have to restart it after my first playthrough.
Likely not a memory leak, it's not gradually increasing as it goes. This is all the time, huge amount of memory used. About 300M just from loading up the game, and another 400ish allocated as it loads the Mercenaries level. It's doing this instantly, too, which means there's something massive going on - maybe data being duplicated many times in memory. You wouldn't be able to read this much data that quickly into RAM if it were different data, so you can be reasonably sure it's duplicated data.

Z-Fied:

It's definitely unique to Mercenaries mode and the main menu, too, since loading up New Game is only using ~50 megs - what I'd expect.

To debug this, try something like adding a third zombie to New Game, and see whether that significantly increases the memory used. It may have to do with the number of zombies in play, plus some behind the scenes optimizations the engine is doing, unless there's something else very different about the logic used in Mercs vs New Game. It might be all of the sprites for the zombie are being loaded once into memory for each zombie object you create (plus all of the interconnected sprites with Rebecca, sounds, grapple bars, and other stuff depending on the logic), so it's going to have every sprite in there many times on Mercs.

Xol

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Anyone have a save file they'd care to share? All I can get is two zombies on a platform. Can't go anywhere else. If I fall off the side, the game freezes on a black screen.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anyone have a save file they'd care to share? All I can get is two zombies on a platform. Can't go anywhere else. If I fall off the side, the game freezes on a black screen.
Don't go to new game mode, go to "Extras" >"bonus material" Buy "The Mercinaries" that's the real game mode right now.

There's no knife anymore? I thought that was a pretty big feature but unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't find it. There are also no controls shown in game in the options menu, which I think should be changed.
There is but it's only in "New Game" mode right now, kinda confused me at first, the animations for it are nice, though I think the gap between times you can swing it is just a TINY bit too long

Status
Not open for further replies.