What's new

ACT [ Z-Fied ] Resident Evil Progeny

Status
Not open for further replies.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Resident Evil Progeny

Don't go to new game mode, go to "Extras" >"bonus material" Buy "The Mercinaries" that's the real game mode right now.

There is but it's only in "New Game" mode right now, kinda confused me at first, the animations for it are nice, though I think the gap between times you can swing it is just a TINY bit too long
Yeah the problem is that Z said: "In the latest version, you can only properly play "the Mercenaries". The new game option takes you to a test room, where you can play around, and you can train your knifing ability."

In his blog post, I misread that part at the time. By "New game" I thought he was still talking about the Merc setting.

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Wooow. I just want to let Zfield and Fapcom know that its amazing how far you've gone as far as detail in this update. :eek: Fapcom's sprites are especially good, and this will be pretty amazing if you can keep up with that quality.

Really looking forward to how you will expand your game. Is it supposed to be possible to play through the thing in either the 'blue' or 'red' style, though? The virus bar increases at a rate where you will die pretty quickly trying the latter once you hit ~80% since it increases on its own afterwards.

Who are the last two characters you have planned for mercenaries, btw?

redfog

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Really looking forward to how you will expand your game. Is it supposed to be possible to play through the thing in either the 'blue' or 'red' style, though? The virus bar increases at a rate where you will die pretty quickly trying the latter once you hit ~80% since it increases on its own afterwards.
You can get an item to heal 20% infection by combining green herbs.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One thing I'm really not liking is that you can shoot zombies off screen. It's following the "2-d straight line" logic, I wish it was trying to emulate a 3-d realness a bit like you could miss at certain distances. Offscreen distance seems like a good start.

You can just shoot a couple times in either direction whenever your combo is about to stop and kill something offscreen to keep it going currently.

The rest of the game is coming out great, I critique pretty hard but I do like it and I look forward to updates.

Evilmonkey3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

lol, do you still turn naked when you run in this game XD ?

thisandthat

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Uh...this seems kinda stupid, but how do I download the game from the blog?

thisandthat

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I don't see any title picture, and the title just takes me back to the blog.

jackson2000

Demon Girl
Reputation score

After a year worth of waiting Z-Fied & FAPCOM finally released an update and this time it is in 3D mechanic. Enjoy it guys and do thank them for their hard work

Z-Fied

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, I was just on my way here to update this, but seems like someone beat me to the punch.

I hope you guys enjoy this, and I guess you can't call the May update an actual update, but hopefully this redeems itself.

I'm very lucky to have such patient fans :D

Thanks guys,

Z

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Kudos on the update Z-fied, I really like the switch to the 3D environment, definitely a good move; I don't think I've played a streets of rage style RoR before.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I was just on my way here to update this, but seems like someone beat me to the punch.

I hope you guys enjoy this, and I guess you can't call the May update an actual update, but hopefully this redeems itself.

I'm very lucky to have such patient fans :D

Thanks guys,

Z
Wahey! Been looking forward to this!

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

2 questions:

Can the knife even kill anything?
How do you increase the virgin points?

Third Question:

I went through the alleyway place and I beat the dog. Where do I go now?

Z-Fied

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@duck666:

1) Yep, just takes a lot of slashes
2) Virgin points are currently unavailable to gain. There's going to be scenarios and dialogue that increase that statistic.

3) S'it bro. Next update will include all of Montbury 1F. This update was getting the 3D mechanics working, fixing the memory leak, loading external resources, and everything else in the changelog. Those 3 took FOREVER though, there's always a little bug following me around. (Especially in the AI pathfinding.)

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@duck666:

1) Yep, just takes a lot of slashes
2) Virgin points are currently unavailable to gain. There's going to be scenarios and dialogue that increase that statistic.

3) S'it bro. Next update will include all of Montbury 1F. This update was getting the 3D mechanics working, fixing the memory leak, loading external resources, and everything else in the changelog. Those 3 took FOREVER though, there's always a little bug following me around. (Especially in the AI pathfinding.)
Thanks for the response. It just happens I just managed to kill a zombie with the knife and I was just about to change my previous post. But no need now.

Zone Dweller

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you have ever played any of the original RE games, you would understand why that knife is next to useless.

In any case great job Z-Fied. Was well worth the wait.

Hentie

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Keep it up! The latest update is quite an improvement. I quite liked the 3D movement change.

alcaster42

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice update and looking forward to the 3/4 view game play.

My only complaint:
- The age verification message should appear first.
- And after you verify it, when you die and start a new game, you don't need to verify again.

Status
Not open for further replies.