Iris Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Full Game] Iris Action

A side scrolling action game. Slash with Z and throw knives with X (but you only have a limited number!). Jump with space or C. Killing enemies can drop hearts or more knives, while chests can hold attack powerups, heart containers, or, if you lose them, clothes. Some enemies have game over CGs, and they are very well done. You can resume from the last checkpoint you touched at any time, even if you quit to title, but starting a new game erases your save.

By the way, only a trial version is out so far, includes the first stage up to the boss. You can download it here:
    http://iris-action.dojin.com/setumei.html
    Click the banner in the middle of the page, then enter the password (iris) and the captcha (the creator has requested for this game not to be uploaded elsewhere! Respect his wishes please). Then click the blue link that appears, and if your download doesn't start, the blue link after that.

Creator's blog is here:
    Code:
    http://irisaction.blog.fc2.com/
    Creator's Pixiv:
    Code:
    http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=138687
    UPDATE: The game is out! DLsite page:
    Code:
    http://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ087520.html
    Last edited by Stiltzkinator; 2nd July 2014, 20:32.

Re: Iris Action

Oh this looks like it could be awesome, thanks!

Comment

The jumping section with the succession of narrow, instant death pits drove me absolutely insane.

Comment

The game wasn't too bad, kinda wondering why we get different scenes when we lose a top or bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Delaine View Post
          The jumping section with the succession of narrow, instant death pits drove me absolutely insane.
          Use the throwing knife to kill the spike shooter off screen, then use the dive kick (down attack in the air) to get easier landing on the 2 platform with small gap.

After that just do a full forward jump off the last platform of the 2 and you should be ok (I think the next zone is boss with a checkpoint anyway, so you're almost there)

Comment

Awesome game! Thanks for bringing it to our attention! ^_^
            Last edited by chiakisan; 11th October 2011, 04:33. Reason: oops!

Comment

117 MB for a demo?.. I'm already starting to tingle.. :3

Comment

Not sure if I lucked out with all the jumping because I managed to get past it on my first try. What took me a good 20 minutes however was to lose to the boss after all clothing was destroyed and get grabbed by a tentacle. Rather evil demo though because just as I thought I'd get the reward for those 20 minutes it fades to black...

Comment

OMFG, take this game's art and some elements of Nanocrisis gameplay and you have got like, the perfect fucking game right there!
                  Last edited by ???; 11th October 2011, 05:28.
                  Cheers
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Six View Post
                    Not sure if I lucked out with all the jumping because I managed to get past it on my first try. What took me a good 20 minutes however was to lose to the boss after all clothing was destroyed and get grabbed by a tentacle. Rather evil demo though because just as I thought I'd get the reward for those 20 minutes it fades to black...
                    You can kill the spike-up tentacle for a chance of healing item.

His pattern is so easy to remember though:
                    'acid' spit (high chance of destroying clothing)
                    shockwave (crouch in one of the hold to dodge it, but you can't crouch next to the boss)
                    tentacle spike from the holds (some of them shoot out a skeleton projectile as well)
                    repeat

Comment

This reminds me a lot of Hanakanmuri.

Comment

Quite awesome. Especially leeches and boss GOR screen (if you naked).
                        The worst foe lies within the self...

Comment

So far there are only 3 image variations that elude me, because they're a bitch to get. Other than that, managed to get all the images and all but the 3 variations I said I couldn't.

Spoiler

Platforming and hit-detection seem solid enough. Only time I have trouble is trying to do a downward kick while in the air. Have to make sure you hit the down arrow long enough before you hit the attack button.

As far as I can tell, the only two chests on the map are fixed as far as what you get out of them.
                          Also, unless I'm missing something (and I tried all of the clothing combos), the bats/mosquitoes/ w/e they are and the hopping insect don't seem to have a scene.

Spoiler

Comment

All in all, I have high hopes for this H-game. Reminds me of a faster paced Unholy Sanctuary. My only gripe is content gathering. Sure it rewards you for GO-ing, but I can't help but feel like I have to TRY to get the CORRECT rape sequence that I'm missing (mainly the grass, standard GO, and the boss).
                            Quick! Someone call the icecream truck and fetch some vanilla! :V
                            ~ Unknown Squid~

Comment

blog say code is Iris, site say wrong code

Comment

Working...
                              X