What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 18619

Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Would had been so nice if Aya was raped by the hunters from another angle, though. However, the parasite part was good, at least.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I thought it was kinda "MEH" to be honest.

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

wish they'd work out how this works on window's 8 already i have done all the tips given but still crashes on title screen ..I keep praying though that some day I'll get to play this game.

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

too bad... i played HOTB using Win8 and i posted my tips there but ignore. They want to play a non-sound thats BORRING!:D

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Windows 8 is garbage anyway...upgrade back to 7 already. :)

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

too bad... i played HOTB using Win8 and i posted my tips there but ignore. They want to play a non-sound thats BORRING!:D
you can turn the sound back on once you have loaded your save. to clarify:

here is how you play Hounds of the Blade on Windows 8/8.1
  1. right-click the little speaker at the bottom-right of your screen, then click "Playback Devices". a "Sound" window will open.
  2. right-click the white space, then click "Show Disabled Devices".
  3. right-click an enabled sound device, then click "Disable". if you have a headset or second set of speakers or something, you'll have to disable those too.
  4. keeping the "Sound" window open, run the game.
  5. ignore the thing saying "no sound device has been detected"; go through the main menu normally to start a new game or load a saved game.
  6. after loading completely, go back to the "Sound" window and re-enable your sound devices. it will sound shitty because it is being forced to use your motherboard's makeshift driver instead of the real ones windows will normally download for you, but it's better than nothing.
and no this will not affect any other part of your computer. well, if you have music playing in another window, it'll stop and you'll have to re-open that program, but that's all.

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

the laptop came with windows 8 how do I go back to windows 7?

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

the laptop came with windows 8 how do I go back to windows 7?
Guess you already tried with classic format and install. If not worked then you probably have an UEFI bios with win8. You need to disable UEFI and enable legacy boot from your mobo's bios or you can't install win7 then format win8 partition (even the backup one if there is any) then install win7.

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

might try and find my old lap top i know it's in the cupboard some where it has either windows 7 or xp so i'll give it a shot before missing with this one.

sigmazx

Reputation score

I played it on Win8. You need to disable audio devices and re-enable them back when the game starts.

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I did that but i'll try it again seeing thats how bad I wanna play this game.

textbook703

Reputation score

seriously, did you not notice that i took the time to write you a step-by-step guide on how to do this

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

yes i read it but it's not coming up with what your saying just says hounds_of_the_blade.exe has stopped working

romerskie86

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

you can turn the sound back on once you have loaded your save. to clarify:

here is how you play Hounds of the Blade on Windows 8/8.1
  1. right-click the little speaker at the bottom-right of your screen, then click "Playback Devices". a "Sound" window will open.
  2. right-click the white space, then click "Show Disabled Devices".
  3. right-click an enabled sound device, then click "Disable". if you have a headset or second set of speakers or something, you'll have to disable those too.
  4. keeping the "Sound" window open, run the game.
  5. ignore the thing saying "no sound device has been detected"; go through the main menu normally to start a new game or load a saved game.
  6. after loading completely, go back to the "Sound" window and re-enable your sound devices. it will sound shitty because it is being forced to use your motherboard's makeshift driver instead of the real ones windows will normally download for you, but it's better than nothing.
and no this will not affect any other part of your computer. well, if you have music playing in another window, it'll stop and you'll have to re-open that program, but that's all.
Thats too much work DUDE.
I only tweak my dmsynth.dll and play HOTB without error on loading.

sigmazx

Reputation score

Yeah, but messing with .dll files is more risky for noobs like me.

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

well not dude. its very safe.
the only problem is you can't tweak it, if you don't know how.
Open the DLL in notepad, change a few character. Yes, you're are not safe if you don't know what your doing. It's another thing if the DLL in question isn't a shared one, then you can just go bonkers

DrJackel666

Demon Girl
Reputation score

so how do i fix my problem so i can play the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.